Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 407. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some
is there a reason we have to delete everything in appdata (except wallet.dat)
If you haven't upgraded to the new wallet before block 220,000 you need to delete everything except your wallet.dat and install the new wallet and correct blockchain.

anyone having slow syncs now? i have like 2800 blocks remaining, going through them very slow.
Yeah, what is going on, I have 2900 blocks not syncing.  
For those who are having syncing issues, make sure you have updated to the 1.7 wallet, and if you are still having syncing issues use the the addnodes found here: http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/22awns/please_upgrade_to_17_asap/
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Does anyone see this coin making it above 20 sat. Considering reinvesting possibly.

Yes. And considering we where the first fast distribution POS coin. we have a great community and whe are focus on bringin real economy to the coin.

Buy a Bitcoin at 15 sat and in 3, 4 months you will see.

The others fasts POS coin is still in the pump phase, we already passed that and our grown is organical.

Theres a bright future for mint

You are kidding, right? The whole discussion here seems too amateurish according to me. Where is really that "great" MINT community? All I see is 2-3 salesmen talking about rockets and the moon a couple of times, 2-3 zealots and 2-3 trolls. All bored right now to even write here because currently the whole thing is a stalemate. ECC will be next, then the next one and goes on. And MINT will celebrate when it goes from 12 to 16 sat for half a day and then back to 13. Since I really care about MINT I still have a few observations:

1) I wrote it a while ago and I consider it 100% valid still
Regarding MINT coin ... I believe that MINT coin team is covering in an excellent manner the mid and long term goals for the
coin. I mean, all these merchants ... wow !!! But, the short term is somehow lost. For now, the price is important for 2 main reasons:
First reason is that value creates interest. The trading volume right now is embarrassing. More people will join if they see possible gains. Second reason is that value creates value. I mean, how important is for me to have the possibility to buy a PC with MINTs if my MINTs worth nothing?

2) The reaction of the devs during the latest fork was a bit discouraging. Too slow reaction according to me. However, this is acceptable. We are humans. But the reaction of the community was hilarious. Without showing any knowledge at all, they "defended" the "almighty MINT code" without asking concrete explanations and quick fix. Hell, I am not an expect but it was too obvious that there was a problem. In fact, I think that there is still some problem because the wallet does not behave normally, but that's another story.

3) The "voting" on lovecrypto. I know that this is minor, but still ... 2.67 BTCs thrown to buy votes for nothing Huh Guys please, use these BTCs for supporting MINT, buy some MINT, fund some projects but do not throw them for nothing. What to prove there? That MINT community is stronger? I have news for you. Currently it is not. Because crypto is too young and the people follow the hype. They will not stay to watch the paint dry.

Just my opinion, honestly spoken, without trying to to say what someone should do. I say once more that I invested equally on both PoS coins and that stands still, so I would like to see both of them thrive.

What is hype, really? Consider what that word means. "Extravagant or intensive publicity or promotion." You are right, that seems like exactly what is going on in the BC forum. The mere news of there being news this coming Wednesday has driven the price up ~1000 satoshis. Seems great, and potentially is, but what is the price supported by other than the "extravagant or intensive publicity or promotion."? There is nothing solid supporting that price except for speculators betting on whether or not the price will go even higher. Similar hype surrounding #blackcoinfriday and the multipool drove the price up to the 8000-9000 satoshi range just a few days ago. When that hype died down, the price fell back down to the 7000 range because, despite the multipool still functioning and doing its job, it was really the hype of the multipool and not the multipool itself that brought the price up. So, I guess what I am getting at is, how sustainable do you think "extravagant or intensive publicity or promotion" is? I suspect either one of two things will happen this week:
 After Wednesday the BC hype of the news release dies down and the price corrects again.
 Or, if the news release actually achieves its goal other than the initial hype, the price should be maintained or even continue to rise.

I look forward to finding out, and I am hoping for the 2nd possibility because I hold a fair amount of BC too. I don't think MintCoin needs to or should compare itself to BC,  they are quite different by design. The roller coaster of a ride that BC is surely will attract many more day traders, but slow and steady with a strong foundation being built along the way seems like the way to go in the long term. IMHO. This is why I invested in both. I see great potential in both, for different reasons. Plus, in general, it is a smart move to diversify.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Does anyone see this coin making it above 20 sat. Considering reinvesting possibly.

Thank-you. This is a good question. I see it going considerably higher than 200 satoshis. Even at 200 satoshis, I believe there is still room for additional growth. There is so much value here, it's insane how so many people are putting their money into the stock market or real estate and not into Mintcoin.

well real estate is pretty low right now. I invest in mint because I cannot afford real estate lol. But for a low price I can still grab 500k mint
Activity: 56

Yes. And considering we where the first fast distribution POS coin. we have a great community and whe are focus on bringin real economy to the coin.

The others fasts POS coin is still in the pump phase, we already passed that and our grown is organical.

You are kidding, right? The whole discussion here seems too amateurish according to me. Where is really that "great" MINT community? All I see is 2-3 salesmen talking about rockets and the moon a couple of times, 2-3 zealots and 2-3 trolls. All bored right now to even write here because currently the whole thing is a stalemate. ECC will be next, then the next one and goes on. And MINT will celebrate when it goes from 12 to 16 sat for half a day and then back to 13. Since I really care about MINT I still have a few observations:

Regarding MINT coin ... I believe that MINT coin team is covering in an excellent manner the mid and long term goals for the
coin. I mean, all these merchants ... wow !!! But, the short term is somehow lost. For now, the price is important for 2 main reasons:
First reason is that value creates interest. The trading volume right now is embarrassing. More people will join if they see possible gains. Second reason is that value creates value. I mean, how important is for me to have the possibility to buy a PC with MINTs if my MINTs worth nothing?

2) The reaction of the devs during the latest fork was a bit discouraging. Too slow reaction according to me. However, this is acceptable. We are humans. But the reaction of the community was hilarious. Without showing any knowledge at all, they "defended" the "almighty MINT code" without asking concrete explanations and quick fix. Hell, I am not an expect but it was too obvious that there was a problem. In fact, I think that there is still some problem because the wallet does not behave normally, but that's another story.

3) The "voting" on lovecrypto. I know that this is minor, but still ... 2.67 BTCs thrown to buy votes for nothing Huh Guys please, use these BTCs for supporting MINT, buy some MINT, fund some projects but do not throw them for nothing. What to prove there? That MINT community is stronger? I have news for you. Currently it is not. Because crypto is too young and the people follow the hype. They will not stay to watch the paint dry.

Just my opinion, honestly spoken, without trying to to say what someone should do. I say once more that I invested equally on both PoS coins and that stands still, so I would like to see both of them thrive.

Honesty would be a stretch coming from you. I'll see about getting some puppets to hype things up for ya
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Mint Coin Devs, Coin Control integration into the wallet would be a plus.

http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Coin_Control

I agree, that would be a very nice feature.
Activity: 770
Mint Coin Devs, Coin Control integration into the wallet would be a plus.

http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Coin_Control
Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
I think we have gone over this before,...can't remember. Someone on reddit has this question- What coins does my wallet send when I make a payment? the oldest ones or the newest ones?

http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/22f03e/what_coins_does_my_wallet_send_when_i_make_a/

Thanks
Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Thank-you. This is a good question. I see it going considerably higher than 200 satoshis. Even at 200 satoshis, I believe there is still room for additional growth. There is so much value here, it's insane how so many people are putting their money into the stock market or real estate and not into Mintcoin.
Activity: 42

Activity: 43
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
anyone having slow syncs now? i have like 2800 blocks remaining, going through them very slow.

Yeah, what is going on, I have 2900 blocks not syncing. 
Activity: 325
Activity: 434
Activity: 325
Time to update the merchant list! A lot of new ones!
Activity: 546
PGP 9CB0902E
Activity: 59
is there a reason we have to delete everything in appdata (except wallet.dat)

Yeah hold on a second why do we have to do that? I didn't do that. They trying to make us re-download the blockchain...? Why?
Because they have removed the PoW in the last update. It's so you are ensured to be on the right blockchain and don't risk losing your MINT.
Jump to: