Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 412. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 276
Merit: 250
Wallet 1.7 not work!!
What's the problem you are having?
Wallet 1.6 is synchronization
Wallet 1.7 not.
Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some
Blackcoin是摆在我们面前。来吧,来吧投票(一小时5次)!http://www.lovecrypto.com/vote

MINT is in the lead right now.
Activity: 276
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
The mysterious

Blackcoin是摆在我们面前。来吧,来吧投票(一小时5次)!http://www.lovecrypto.com/vote

Anyone who is selling their coins now, is basically destroying their future ability for good payouts. I wouldn't recommend selling any Mintcoins until you have acquired enough to live on the interest. If just 10 more people decide to invest just $10,000 each that is $100,000 which is currently about ~210 BTC. 210 BTC in buy orders would probably cause the price per coin to rise well over 30 Satoshis. So if you invest now at 15 Satoshis, and the price doubles, then your interests actually double as well, so you could actually be looking at a net APR of ~40%.
It will make things phenomenally easier for new investors who like Mintcoin to buy in when/if we hit Vault of Satoshi. I can imagine the above scenario becoming a real possibility in the short term if we are added this month. I know I will buy some directly. Just like putting money away in a savings account, only much, much more exciting.
I think Vault of Satoshi does not deal with USD now though right? We need a good way for USD. It would be great to have a company or something like Coinbase for Mintcoin.
Activity: 269
Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018
Anyone who is selling their coins now, is basically destroying their future ability for good payouts. I wouldn't recommend selling any Mintcoins until you have acquired enough to live on the interest. If just 10 more people decide to invest just $10,000 each that is $100,000 which is currently about ~210 BTC. 210 BTC in buy orders would probably cause the price per coin to rise well over 30 Satoshis. So if you invest now at 15 Satoshis, and the price doubles, then your interests actually double as well, so you could actually be looking at a net APR of ~40%.

It will make things phenomenally easier for new investors who like Mintcoin to buy in when/if we hit Vault of Satoshi. I can imagine the above scenario becoming a real possibility in the short term if we are added this month. I know I will buy some directly. Just like putting money away in a savings account, only much, much more exciting.

Activity: 294
I'm not sure why more people are interested in Blackcoin over Mint? Someone tell me please, is it the 0% Premine? Since my time here, I've noticed the devs are very committed and hard at work at making this a good coin, yet Blackcoin is getting 1000 BTC volume everyday while we are getting less than 50. BTW, i fully support mint just bought 1 mill more because i think this coin has a good future.

BC has a good hype machine going. It usually centers around their multipool, and they hype it. They hyped it all week for Friday and got a good bump, but volume is down to 278 right now. It's a cycle.

I'm not gonna bash BC, but I think people will tire of the cycle soon. A lot of daytraders have made good money, but I think the average joe is starting to catch on.

We also have a multipool if you would like to mine other alts and be paid out in Mint https://hashco.ws/   After you sign up go to account settings under user info and change payout to mint.
I actually like both coins. I see BC as a future collectors coin.  Mintcoin is more of a legitimate economic player.  The coins won't be super rare so its strength will be in the marketplace.  Also, on a side note I was paid 30000 mint from hashcows yesterday with 2 280x running. Shocked  Awesome numbers if you ask me, BC multipool not so much.
Activity: 269
Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018
I'm not sure why more people are interested in Blackcoin over Mint? Someone tell me please, is it the 0% Premine? Since my time here, I've noticed the devs are very committed and hard at work at making this a good coin, yet Blackcoin is getting 1000 BTC volume everyday while we are getting less than 50. BTW, i fully support mint just bought 1 mill more because i think this coin has a good future.

I haven't ever sold any Mint, I just buy some more every now and again, quietly add it to the total. I imagine a few fans of Mintcoin do much the same thing. For other POS coins 1% isn't much incentive to hold on to a coin so they are being kept on exchanges and speculated on. But eventually people new to the crypto community are going to see Mintcoin as an alternative to a term deposit a bank might offer, and jump onboard.

If your banker said, "Hey, would you like an account that has high potential for growth and pays 20% interest?", what would you say? I would think he was pulling my leg.

Mintcoin offers just that. Once COUNTRIES realize this, they may see the coins with higher coin totals as a viable means to store and exchange with while cutting out central banks and setting their own regulations within the treasury department. The coins with higher coin counts are attractive, considering they are already established and can be traded against any other currency, with enough units in play to spread amongst the citizens. Mintcoin offers a platform for this, with a cheap buy in price and humongous room for growth.

I am excited for the future of Mintcoin and it's investors.
Activity: 611
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

I haven't ever sold any Mint, I just buy some more every now and again, quietly add it to the total. I imagine a few fans of Mintcoin do much the same thing. For other POS coins 1% isn't much incentive to hold on to a coin so they are being kept on exchanges and speculated on. But eventually people new to the crypto community are going to see Mintcoin as an alternative to a term deposit a bank might offer, and jump onboard.
Activity: 210
Why move to van? I think its too expensive here.. Rains too much. But the euro is. Shite what about australia?
I was considering it too. I heard it is easy to get a job, especially when you get good diploma and the wages is good also (France will soon need a Francecoin, considering the situation of the economy in the country - we are faring better than Spain and Greece, but to say this is a great time... This years, the number of young people who wanted to leave the country has doubled - it tells something when the government has to make an official announcement about this.

Vancouver or Australia. Yep, both interesting, both different, both English-speaking.

I hear france is good minus the euro situation.. It has best medical system.. Higher paying jobs.. But aussy med system still better than can or usa just not as good as france.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/health/131001/global-health-care-systems-obamacare

Out of the top. 5 aussy seems best place to live.. Since euro is garbage.

Aus is where I would like to live.
Wallet issues seem to be over.

Edit: Please keep your 1.7 wallets open for the time being.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0

BC has a good hype machine going. It usually centers around their multipool, and they hype it. They hyped it all week for Friday and got a good bump, but volume is down to 278 right now. It's a cycle.

I'm not gonna bash BC, but I think people will tire of the cycle soon. A lot of daytraders have made good money, but I think the average joe is starting to catch on.

We also have a multipool if you would like to mine other alts and be paid out in Mint https://hashco.ws/   After you sign up go to account settings under user info and change payout to mint.

Trade Volume is spread out over multiple markets as well so trade volume is actually higher than you might think

legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
Why move to van? I think its too expensive here.. Rains too much. But the euro is. Shite what about australia?
I was considering it too. I heard it is easy to get a job, especially when you get good diploma and the wages is good also (France will soon need a Francecoin, considering the situation of the economy in the country - we are faring better than Spain and Greece, but to say this is a great time... This years, the number of young people who wanted to leave the country has doubled - it tells something when the government has to make an official announcement about this.

Vancouver or Australia. Yep, both interesting, both different, both English-speaking.

I hear france is good minus the euro situation.. It has best medical system.. Higher paying jobs.. But aussy med system still better than can or usa just not as good as france.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/health/131001/global-health-care-systems-obamacare

Out of the top. 5 aussy seems best place to live.. Since euro is garbage.
Activity: 119
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team

legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
You are going to LOVE Vancouver if you move there, other than the traffic.
Yes I lived there for a few years back in the 90's. It's VERY VERY VERY....did I mention VERY expensive to live there though. It's almost like Hong Kong in looks and price.

Just for comparison: I presently live in Paris, very close to the Eiffel Tower (Trocadéro), to give an idea of what I am used to.

Activity: 868
Merit: 1003

I think I have found the pattern of the unsynchronized blocks:

If you have updated your wallet to v1.7:

These blocks are generated by PoW miners.
These blocks will not be accepted by mintcoin wallet v1.7 and the higher version.
You see the wallet is not synchronized, but in fact your wallet has been synchronized.
These blocks will disappear after a while.
You should not worry about these blocks, because they are invalid and will be ignored by your wallet.

But I am not sure whether it is wrong or not.

After block 220000, with new version pow blocks are blocked, and with old version you can still generate pow blocks. In consequence there's a fork of the blockchain. Now most people are using V1.7, so the blockchain with no more pow will be the main blockchain. The other one will die and all pos generated with old clients will become orphans.

I have no problem to sync to the latest blockchain, so my client shows in sync. If you use 1.7 client and found that there are still 300-400 blocks to sync, but can never sync up, don't worry, you are fine. You can send/receive coins without any problems. Leave the wallet open, it will take some time to see the green sync symbol. Or you can add the addnodes I posted earlier or in OP, which will help you to sync up faster.
Jump to: