Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 433. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 325
Merit: 250
Were all of the exchanges and merchants notified about the hard fork?  It would be bad PR if a bunch of people lost coins.

We are up to it. The Chinese exchanges are difficult to reach though. If one our Chinese community member could do it, that would be great. (That doesn't mean we won't contact them ourselves)
Activity: 364
well it looks like the wallet bounty has undergone some transformation

I withdraw my pledge until something sensible is worked out
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Let also ask if any BC developer wanna work together with us in this project.
That will be neat and will be beneficcial for both coins.
And restore the peace with actions.
I'd tend to agree. Please not this is my own opinion, not an official opinion.
Monero Core Team
Update download link for Windows to version 1.7 on http://mintcoin-central.com/downloads - one out of 51 antivirus is suspicious about the files, all the others are either OK or not answering. Please notify me of Linux and Mac versions.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Stormia

I want the wallet that mints an wanna full open source.

We are the good people, its know on history that we were first.

Let also ask if any BC developer wanna work together with us in this project.

That will be neat and will be beneficcial for both coins.

And restore the peace with actions.

Activity: 11
Update on the potential security issues mentioned earlier.

As a cautionary measure and since MINT does not really need PoW, we have decided to get rid of the PoW. We don't want to take any security risk.
And since our ego is less important than your hard earned money, we won't have any problem to be thankful to another coin dev if it appears he has helped to increase MintCoin's security.

For now, a new wallet is available and this is a mandatory update!
https://mega.co.nz/#!YI4DETrC!0Cy_PFqWkLF52Ic_Hoo-5v_oyUGWa2R4dcIvlX1S2H0

Please notify every people you know about this update!

What's new?
(1) latest checkpoints
(2) fixed wallet getbalance issue (thanks paspi)
(3) remove pow generation after block 220000

Were all of the exchanges and merchants notified about the hard fork?  It would be bad PR if a bunch of people lost coins.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
I think Jeff Jefferson said he would pledge 300k as well!

yes, but it REALLY has to mint. otherwise it's just another android wallet of a coin. we need to make the difference guys. I also think its not that necessary to use an escrow. I think MINT users are sincere and honest people, am I right?  Roll Eyes

I also had the concerns about the upcoming android wallet being open source so the others just can copy it. So I would propose a simple not open source app at first in the google play store. Than after a month or two the source code should be released.

This is privately offered bounty for a working prototype, upon public delivery. Offered separately from other bounties that may exist.

So far the total is:

mgburks77:      250,000
stormia:          125,000
garicson:         200,000
jeff jefferson:   100,000
moderndezigns:200,000

Total:          875,000

Bonus for wallet that mints:
mgburks77:     250,000
jeff jefferson:   200,000
moderndezigns:50,000

Total: 500,000

Total Total: 1 375 000  Grin

I'm sure there are other people willing to contribute!

Looks like gonzoucab said he would donate for a wallet that is fully functional and mints as well. (Sorry if I am misunderstanding your post. I don't want you to get left off the list if you are, though!):

I can pledge 125K for when a fully functional wallet that mints is deployed.

Im also asking a developer for a twitter bot, maybe i will fund myself alone. is not too much. Smiley

We are better, we are greener we are mint.

Well stormia, i will improve my pledge, i will give the same ammount as you in the same conditions, whatever you decide i will apport the same!

Well, in that case, I will add another 75K of donations to the bonus for a wallet that mints! Thanks for showing your support gonzoucab and compelling me to increase mine Grin

Just wanted to bump this so we can return focus to the important tasks at hand now, like the android wallet. I may have cut off some pledges because this quote was from a while back. Going back to the open source issue, I think we should (and currently have to) keep it open source. Perhaps other coin communities that want this be accomplished could donate as well?
stormia, I would like to commit 75,000 to a private Android wallet that is owned by the Mintcoin Foundation. I'm not interested in funding an app that another coin will use right after it is made for Mintcoin. There's zero unique benefit to Mintcoin if it's open source.
Activity: 56
Hey David I hope you're doing well. Do you know anyone in the community that can create a professional mintcoin website banner  468 x 60
Pixiebug and probably also rockingaltcoins.

Ok thanks I'll try them
Monero Core Team
Hey David I hope you're doing well. Do you know anyone in the community that can create a professional mintcoin website banner  468 x 60
Pixiebug and probably also rockingaltcoins.
Activity: 325
GUYS this is mandatory but where is the OSX wallet?

Should be coming soon. I've contacted the people that built it previously.
Activity: 56

Monero Core Team
Activity: 686
GUYS this is mandatory but where is the OSX wallet?
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Monero Core Team
Monero Core Team
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
I think Jeff Jefferson said he would pledge 300k as well!

yes, but it REALLY has to mint. otherwise it's just another android wallet of a coin. we need to make the difference guys. I also think its not that necessary to use an escrow. I think MINT users are sincere and honest people, am I right?  Roll Eyes

I also had the concerns about the upcoming android wallet being open source so the others just can copy it. So I would propose a simple not open source app at first in the google play store. Than after a month or two the source code should be released.

This is privately offered bounty for a working prototype, upon public delivery. Offered separately from other bounties that may exist.

So far the total is:

mgburks77:      250,000
stormia:          125,000
garicson:         200,000
jeff jefferson:   100,000
moderndezigns:200,000

Total:          875,000

Bonus for wallet that mints:
mgburks77:     250,000
jeff jefferson:   200,000
moderndezigns:50,000

Total: 500,000

Total Total: 1 375 000  Grin

I'm sure there are other people willing to contribute!

Looks like gonzoucab said he would donate for a wallet that is fully functional and mints as well. (Sorry if I am misunderstanding your post. I don't want you to get left off the list if you are, though!):

I can pledge 125K for when a fully functional wallet that mints is deployed.

Im also asking a developer for a twitter bot, maybe i will fund myself alone. is not too much. Smiley

We are better, we are greener we are mint.

Well stormia, i will improve my pledge, i will give the same ammount as you in the same conditions, whatever you decide i will apport the same!

Well, in that case, I will add another 75K of donations to the bonus for a wallet that mints! Thanks for showing your support gonzoucab and compelling me to increase mine Grin

Just wanted to bump this so we can return focus to the important tasks at hand now, like the android wallet. I may have cut off some pledges because this quote was from a while back. Going back to the open source issue, I think we should (and currently have to) keep it open source. Perhaps other coin communities that want this be accomplished could donate as well?
Activity: 42
Although, I am not 100% completely convinced that there was a real security flaw, whatever it was is disruptive to the blockchain, our Mintcoin network, and we needed a fix. I support the dev's quick decision making that whatever that the issue, we needed to change. I just updated to the 1.7 and it seems to be working flawlessly so far. Overall, I am encouraged by the speed at which this community and dev team is able to respond and make fixes as necessary. Everyone is doing a great job. There may be future upgrades that need to be made as well, but at any rate, the future looks bright. Keep up the teamwork!

Everyone upgrade to 1.7 and we can get on with our lives and put this in the past.

+1

Really kind of excited the price is back in my buy range temporarily. This "problem" may just have made me a mint.  Cheesy

I bought 7MM mint at 14 XD

Crisis is opportunity.
Activity: 269
Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018
Although, I am not 100% completely convinced that there was a real security flaw, whatever it was is disruptive to the blockchain, our Mintcoin network, and we needed a fix. I support the dev's quick decision making that whatever that the issue, we needed to change. I just updated to the 1.7 and it seems to be working flawlessly so far. Overall, I am encouraged by the speed at which this community and dev team is able to respond and make fixes as necessary. Everyone is doing a great job. There may be future upgrades that need to be made as well, but at any rate, the future looks bright. Keep up the teamwork!

Everyone upgrade to 1.7 and we can get on with our lives and put this in the past.

+1

Really kind of excited the price is back in my buy range temporarily. This "problem" may just have made me a mint.  Cheesy
Jump to: