Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 429. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
We should contact

https://www.gocoin.com/contact

About GoCoin

GoCoin is the leading international payment platform enabling merchants to accept Bitcoin and Litecoin payments at checkout. Merchants reap the benefits of increased sales simply as a byproduct of the excitement and momentum of digital currency enthusiasts supporting this high growth technology. Our APIs are open for integration into your checkout process. Behind the scenes our proprietary back-end systems optimize the coin exchange for cash, eliminating your volatility and security risk. With GoCoin, all you have to do is accept the direct deposit to your bank account or digital wallet and we do the rest!

And ask them to add mint.
Activity: 51
i just updated to the new windows wallet n i copied the new mintcoin.conf file to appdata but now its not syncing and has 0 connections
anyone else having this problem also tried deleting the peers.dat and still no luck  
any help would be much appreciated
anyone help please

It could be issue of your router blocking your connections port. Usually its not a case, but in rare cases it could be.
Whats in your mintcoin.conf file?
Also i am not aware if new windows wallet was compiled with or without upnp support.

Replace your mintcoin.conf file with this:

rpcuser=xxxx
rpcpassword=yyyy
rpcport=15554
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
server=1
listen=1
testnet=0
daemon=1

and see if you get connections.
Mine connects 5-6 within 1 minute and like 8-10 within 3 minutes.

thanks i just done pc optimization and a spyware/malware cleaning then a reset and now its syncing with 12 connections
thanks for getting back to me tho.
                                                      »MÎNT©ØÎN ®ÊV¤LµTÎØN«
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
i just updated to the new windows wallet n i copied the new mintcoin.conf file to appdata but now its not syncing and has 0 connections
anyone else having this problem also tried deleting the peers.dat and still no luck  
anyone help please

It could be issue of your router blocking your connections port. Usually its not a case, but in rare cases it could be.
Also i am not aware if new windows wallet was compiled with or without upnp support.
It should have UPnP in it, 1.6->1.7 patch had nothing to do with UPnP.

Can you check it from Options window? If it's not greyed out there, it's compiled in

@jakema I believe it just can't find peers to connect to, if you wait, it eventually should (maybe 15-20 minutes?). Even if your own router doesn't support or allow UPnP / port forwarding, you should be able to connect to others who allow it

For individual users, UPnP / port forwarding allows more concurrent peers than with no UPnP / port forwarding.

For the whole network, UPnP / port forwarding allows network connectivity, even if some people cannot accept inbound connections, they may connect to other nodes who can.

But it should be enabled by default, I don't think it's the issue.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
anyone help please

Replace your mintcoin.conf file with this:

rpcuser=xxxx
rpcpassword=yyyy
rpcport=15554
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
server=1
listen=1
testnet=0
daemon=1

and see if you get connections.
Mine connects 5-6 within 1 minute and like 8-10 within 3 minutes.
anyone help please
why donate to toward a generic wallet that is going to be built first and used by everyone anyway?

the thing that makes the androids wallet something someone would pay for is if it were exclusive to MINT and you could use a tablet or mobile device to mint

otherwise it's a generic wallet app I'd probably never use

the reason to have a mint exclusive app that mints is that it make MINT something special and therefore more valuable, that's what I would be interested in paying to develop

Sure get prepared to pay 50 btc for a wallet from scratch..

U get what u pay for... Android wallet is gpl so I dont even know if you can close it since your using open source base. Alot of people still havent clued in to the open source movement.. which allowed you to even have your mintcoin.. now you want your pie and eat it too.

Don't get me wrong I'm not opposed to the creation of a generic open source wallet that any PoS coin could use. I just don't see enough value in it for me to donate as much as I would for one for exclusive use that could mint. However if everyone else in the other communities etc donates to make an open source wallet I'll throw in a little too.

You shouldnt have to pay anything for it.. the premine scammer should allocate atleast 1% of the premine to the largest bounty and bam its done.. I cant see any serious investment going on here with a 700 million preminr which is not even used for intended purposes.

We, The Mintcoin Fundation is in control of the premine and will be expended in LONG TERM PROJECTS.

The android wallet is something we can accomplish for ourself, Bigchirv is willing to help program it.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004
I realy want to update my wallet, but i am worried to lose my mints, or reset the minting proces.

Can someone please answer the following question? It should help a lot!

I made a backup of my wallet. Can i just delete the old one, then install the new new wallet and insert my backup? (wallet.dat)

All you need to do is close old mint wallet and run new mint wallet. No backups are necessary. It might be a good idea to backup wallet.dat before you run the new exe but you will only need this backup if something goes terribly wrong.
Activity: 546

Heres OSx 1.7 client, -mandatory update.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zghumclu249iw4a/mintcoin-v1.7-macosx.dmg

- hard fork at block 220000. You need to update before this!
- properly fixed window reopening issue

Tips appriciated.  Cheesy
MrXW1RKLDe8VMNwTwLwSiKuATN5M74EL85
Activity: 132
Thanks for your prompt answer thisisit.
You mean the mintcoin-qt exe, the mintcoind.exe or both?
Activity: 224
Activity: 132
I realy want to update my wallet, but i am worried to lose my mints, or reset the minting proces.

Can someone please answer the following question? It should help a lot!

I made a backup of my wallet. Can i just delete the old one, then install the new new wallet and insert my backup? (wallet.dat)

Activity: 224
the wallet should be opensource. period. i will ONLY donate if opensource and i can check it.

i agree, wallet must be opensource so it can be checked and improved. what is the progress on it btw?
the wallet should be opensource. period. i will donate if opensource and i can check it.
Activity: 126
why donate to toward a generic wallet that is going to be built first and used by everyone anyway?

the thing that makes the androids wallet something someone would pay for is if it were exclusive to MINT and you could use a tablet or mobile device to mint

otherwise it's a generic wallet app I'd probably never use

the reason to have a mint exclusive app that mints is that it make MINT something special and therefore more valuable, that's what I would be interested in paying to develop

Sure get prepared to pay 50 btc for a wallet from scratch..

U get what u pay for... Android wallet is gpl so I dont even know if you can close it since your using open source base. Alot of people still havent clued in to the open source movement.. which allowed you to even have your mintcoin.. now you want your pie and eat it too.

I think it should be open source. I will donate for that, or a private one, or any one. Or what about the possibility of cross-community funding? Considering this could be a big deal and benefit all cryptos in general. It's really kind of silly to debate until we figure out what the state is of the one that is already being worked on (is it open source or not) and how far along it is.
Well reasoned thinking here. I'll adjust and contribute if it is closed and/or if it is open source BUT crowdsourced with Mint and Black and other POS coin support. I just don't like the idea of free riders from other coins. paspi makes good points and clearly knows his ish. I can't argue on those technial points.
Activity: 493

If anyone comes up with a closed source android wallet written from scratch, I won't trust my funds in it, let alone a bounty. And I'll advise anyone against so. Who will guarantee that the brand-new wallet won't lose my money? A single dev who got a one-time bounty (3-4-5-10 btc, whatever) and then moved on with his life? No way.

This is a great point
Activity: 196

Mintcoin is actually listed on quite a few exchanges so there is more volume than what you're referring too. I don't believe cryptorush crashed or was dishonest what they were is angry about something that occured but it's ok for different people to have different beliefs. What is important is that as people in our two communities try our best to get along.

You joking?

Cryptorush should have been angry with themselves for their own
incompetence and not blame/threaten anyone else!

And in the end turns out they were insolvent, and yet they still
released shares for sale!

Dishonest is being kind...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6020217

As you will see, that post is from moolah!
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
I see that some people insist that there should be a closed source android wallet. What they miss is, crypto is hard, very hard to get things right. If you can trust your money on a brand new released coin's desktop wallet (2-3 months and a few developers is nothing for critical software development), that's because it's founded on an open source codebase that has been reviewed and fixed by lots of people over the years. Lots of eyes detected lots of security flaws and then they are fixed by crypto coin community. And they continue reviewing and fixing it, albeit slowly now as the software matured (That slowdown is what makes altcoins drifting from original sources trustable)

If anyone comes up with a closed source android wallet written from scratch, I won't trust my funds in it, let alone a bounty. And I'll advise anyone against so. Who will guarantee that the brand-new wallet won't lose my money? A single dev who got a one-time bounty (3-4-5-10 btc, whatever) and then moved on with his life? No way.

Development of new crypto software requires a dev community who are continuously active. It's not 1-2 or 3 people's job, nor a one-time job. Free software provides that community. Those reviewers and contributers over the years are the reason that we can trust our money to a software.

We're not talking about a 1-2 dollar worth disposable iphone game here, it's about trusting one's investment to a piece of software.

An open source free software PoW+PoS wallet which is founded on current PoW android wallet will benefit MINT. And it will benefit MINT's investors because the software will be reviewed. Even if there are only a few developers in mint community, investors can be assured that other altcoin devs would be actively reviewing it and fixing it for their own needs. And even if there are only a few active developers left in MINT, as long as they follow what other altcoins fix in the wallet, MINT will benefit from those fixes.

It is security vs. branding. I want this coin to live, that's why I prefer security.

I agree.
Also, thank you for supplying the Ubuntu update! Tip incoming.
This notice is from the DEV introduction page of bitcoinj, the bitcoin android wallet library which doge/etc android wallets are built on:

I see that some people insist that there should be a closed source android wallet. What they miss is, crypto is hard, very hard to get things right. If you can trust your money on a brand new released coin's desktop wallet (2-3 months and a few developers is nothing for critical software development), that's because it's founded on an open source codebase that has been reviewed and fixed by lots of people over the years. Lots of eyes detected lots of security flaws and then they are fixed by crypto coin community. And they continue reviewing and fixing it, albeit slowly now as the software matured (That slowdown is what makes altcoins drifting from original sources trustable)

Development of new crypto software requires a dev community who are continuously active. It's not 1-2 or 3 people's job, nor a one-time job. Free software provides that community. Those reviewers and contributers over the years are the reason that we can trust our money to a software.

We're not talking about a 1-2 dollar worth disposable iphone game here, it's about trusting one's investment to a piece of software.

An open source free software PoW+PoS wallet which is founded on current PoW android wallet will benefit MINT. And it will benefit MINT's investors because the software will be reviewed. Even if there are only a few developers in mint community, investors can be assured that other altcoin devs would be actively reviewing it and fixing it for their own needs. And even if there are only a few active developers left in MINT, as long as they follow what other altcoins fix in the wallet, MINT will benefit from those fixes.

It is security vs. branding. I want this coin to live, that's why I prefer security.

Jump to: