Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 432. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
CS Student - BC Logo Guy
Although, I am not 100% completely convinced that there was a real security flaw, whatever it was is disruptive to the blockchain, our Mintcoin network, and we needed a fix. I support the dev's quick decision making that whatever that the issue, we needed to change. I just updated to the 1.7 and it seems to be working flawlessly so far. Overall, I am encouraged by the speed at which this community and dev team is able to respond and make fixes as necessary. Everyone is doing a great job. There may be future upgrades that need to be made as well, but at any rate, the future looks bright. Keep up the teamwork!

Everyone upgrade to 1.7 and we can get on with our lives and put this in the past.

There was no issue. The BC dev stupidly screwed his coin and caused cryptorush to die, then spread the fears to other coins. As some other posts said, so far there was no reported case of double spending or similar things in the mint network. It works flawlessly the mint network. MINT is not going to get an exchange out of business  Smiley

I appreciate the mint dev's quick reaction to remove something useless, and prevent potential exploits. But we had no issue at all. Everything is working perfectly. The MINT being the first coin successfully transferred from PoW to PoS. Many other coins copied this, including the infamous Blackcoin.

Ah yes, they rushed to fix a non-existent problem that a developer made up and put his reputation on the line. Also, BC wasn't the cause of CryptoRush crashing. CR burned because they were dishonest, incapable, and insolvent.

Seriously, what is with you guys? You not only look a gift horse in the mouth but decide that, due to your own apparent feeling of inferiority, you want to spit in the horse's eye. You were given a gift from a potential competitor, don't be idiots.

Also, MintCoin won't be putting any exchange out of business for a good reason (Hint: look at the "volume" it has).
Activity: 195
Merit: 100
Although, I am not 100% completely convinced that there was a real security flaw, whatever it was is disruptive to the blockchain, our Mintcoin network, and we needed a fix. I support the dev's quick decision making that whatever that the issue, we needed to change. I just updated to the 1.7 and it seems to be working flawlessly so far. Overall, I am encouraged by the speed at which this community and dev team is able to respond and make fixes as necessary. Everyone is doing a great job. There may be future upgrades that need to be made as well, but at any rate, the future looks bright. Keep up the teamwork!

Everyone upgrade to 1.7 and we can get on with our lives and put this in the past.

There was no issue. The BC dev stupidly screwed his coin and caused cryptorush to die, then spread the fears to other coins. As some other posts said, so far there was no reported case of double spending or similar things in the mint network. It works flawlessly the mint network. MINT is not going to get an exchange out of business  Smiley

I appreciate the mint dev's quick reaction to remove something useless, and prevent potential exploits. But we had no issue at all. Everything is working perfectly. The MINT being the first coin successfully transferred from PoW to PoS. Many other coins copied this, including the infamous Blackcoin.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Seems like,

If people want a fully functional android wallet soon and for it to be released before other coins release one, it will probably need to be based on what is already open-source. If that is the case, then other people will be free to adapt it to their coins right away.

If people want a fully functional android wallet that is at least partially or temporarily exclusive to MintCoin, it will probably need to be built (more) from scratch and this may compromise being able to release it soon/first.

Yeah, you're right bro. So, since I and some others want the latter (Mintcoin only) let's see just how many resources we can throw at a bounty! I'm in for 75,000 Mintcoins for a private, custom built app. That's not a lot, but it's something. Maybe there's some of the premine bounty? Other individuals? If we can't get enough, then it fails and it'll be open source and copied immediately - that's the tradeoff.
sounds good let's keep working on the exclusive app and see where we can go with this
Activity: 453
Seems like,

If people want a fully functional android wallet soon and for it to be released before other coins release one, it will probably need to be based on what is already open-source. If that is the case, then other people will be free to adapt it to their coins right away.

If people want a fully functional android wallet that is at least partially or temporarily exclusive to MintCoin, it will probably need to be built (more) from scratch and this may compromise being able to release it soon/first.

Yeah, you're right bro. So, since I and some others want the latter (Mintcoin only) let's see just how many resources we can throw at a bounty! I'm in for 75,000 Mintcoins for a private, custom built app. That's not a lot, but it's something. Maybe there's some of the premine bounty? Other individuals? If we can't get enough, then it fails and it'll be open source and copied immediately - that's the tradeoff.

The developer pre-mined about 70,000,000 Mint which it states is for precisely this purpose.

Why on earth would the community pay to have this built?

Do you offer auto companies money in advance to design you a new car?

DEVELOPERS - step on up and provide some transparency and accountability for the 70.000.000 you pre-mined or you're going to continue to lose people.

And that's a far worse threat than the BC trolls.
Activity: 126
Seems like,

Activity: 27
Linux compiled QT and headless wallets Version 1.7 :

https://mega.co.nz/#!YtElWTTK!w_uv2AySiCUF-WRV9Ju6LtdIFjIXJoZ55tZ1jO51tq8

bounty: MqzsBZuxmozfHNAHjgXZSLaQRyTjzZ1jF6
why donate to toward a generic wallet that is going to be built first and used by everyone anyway?

the thing that makes the androids wallet something someone would pay for is if it were exclusive to MINT and you could use a tablet or mobile device to mint

otherwise it's a generic wallet app I'd probably never use

the reason to have a mint exclusive app that mints is that it make MINT something special and therefore more valuable, that's what I would be interested in paying to develop

I agree with this
Activity: 364
why donate to toward a generic wallet that is going to be built first and used by everyone anyway?

the thing that makes the androids wallet something someone would pay for is if it were exclusive to MINT and you could use a tablet or mobile device to mint

otherwise it's a generic wallet app I'd probably never use

the reason to have a mint exclusive app that mints is that it make MINT something special and therefore more valuable, that's what I would be interested in paying to develop

Activity: 59

I am flabbergasted nobody has been developing an I-phone app, considering APPLE will eventually have to join the club or get left in the dust.

The problem with Apple's Walled Garden concept is that they absolutely require full control over all revenue streams generated through their apps and hardware*. This is exactly the same reason why Flash will never be allowed on Apple devices. Apple will never allow altcoins or Bitcoins through its services without opening a floodgate for other entrepreneurs.

*Read: If they can't make money off it they won't allow it

edit: typos
Activity: 59
Just my 2 cents on the Android wallet.

If we want a closed-source wallet it will mean building it from scratch.
- increases the amount of effort required
- introduces higher probability of bugs
- increases the development, testing and refinement time
- will be orders of magnitude more expensive

I see why people want closed source on this, but it makes the project exponentially harder, longer and more costly.

Is there not a huge PR advantage to being known as the first community to create a PoS wallet?

It's a tough decision...
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Seems like,

Dont get why u want private wallet when most of thr work is done open source? Is the qt client closed source? So why the andriod wallet? Its not going to be that much different from original.
who ever is going to build it can build it however they want
Activity: 269
Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018
I believe the app should be exclusive to MINT and allow minting on a Android device to be eligible for the bounty

why pay a bounty for an open source development that can be used by competitors? If someone wants to develop a generic PoS wallet that's fine but it is of no particular benefit or interest to me

So I would never be a party to that type of agreement
Agreed, I'm on the same page as you. Mint only, or I won't contribute to a bounty for it.

It is perfectly sensible to keep it closed source from an investor's perspective, at least for long enough to let the exclusivity pump the volume and price floor up a few notches. Release open source only after initial breaking in and high-potential period, and then release it open source while it would still help crypto-coin value increase in general by increasing the usability factor.

I am flabbergasted nobody has been developing an I-phone app, considering APPLE will eventually have to join the club or get left in the dust.

I believe someone previously mentioned having minting capability only when the phone is plugged in. That would be amazing, especially if it played a nice attractive sound every-time you minted.

legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
Dont get why u want private wallet when most of thr work is done open source? Is the qt client closed source? So why the andriod wallet? Its not going to be that much different from original.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Okay, that's understandable. I guess my point was if we could get all the communities to chip in then they wouldn't be benefiting from it unfairly.
I believe the app should be exclusive to MINT and allow minting on a Android device to be eligible for the bounty

why pay a bounty for an open source development that can be used by competitors? If someone wants to develop a generic PoS wallet that's fine but it is of no particular benefit or interest to me

Agreed, I'm on the same page as you. Mint only, or I won't contribute to a bounty for it.

well it looks like the wallet bounty has undergone some transformation

I withdraw my pledge until something sensible is worked out
mburks, I hope I wasn't the one who threw a turd in the pool. What do you envision for sensible?

One thought, just put my 75,000 as a bonus for a private Mintcoin wallet.

It is telling though, that people are willing to only contribute to an open source app. Not saying they are bad or wrong or right. Just noting that It sort of proves the point that an open source Mintcoin app will almost immediately be co-opted for other coins. I would prefer avoiding that situation and promoting only Mintcoin.
Update download link for Windows to version 1.7 on http://mintcoin-central.com/downloads - one out of 51 antivirus is suspicious about the files, all the others are either OK or not answering. Please notify me of Linux and Mac versions.

yes is there a mac wallet update?
Activity: 42
well it looks like the wallet bounty has undergone some transformation

I withdraw my pledge until until something sensible is worked out

I pledge the mount you were pledging, and the one of everyone that what to withdraw if we do it Open Source.
Jump to: