Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 434. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some
Although, I am not 100% completely convinced that there was a real security flaw, whatever it was is disruptive to the blockchain, our Mintcoin network, and we needed a fix. I support the dev's quick decision making that whatever that the issue, we needed to change. I just updated to the 1.7 and it seems to be working flawlessly so far. Overall, I am encouraged by the speed at which this community and dev team is able to respond and make fixes as necessary. Everyone is doing a great job. There may be future upgrades that need to be made as well, but at any rate, the future looks bright. Keep up the teamwork!

Everyone upgrade to 1.7 and we can get on with our lives and put this in the past.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Update on the potential security issues mentioned earlier.

As a cautionary measure and since MINT does not really need PoW, we have decided to get rid of the PoW. We don't want to take any security risk.
And since our ego is less important than your hard earned money, we won't have any problem to be thankful to another coin dev if it appears he has helped to increase MintCoin's security.

For now, a new wallet is available and this is a mandatory update!
https://mega.co.nz/#!YI4DETrC!0Cy_PFqWkLF52Ic_Hoo-5v_oyUGWa2R4dcIvlX1S2H0

Please notify every people you know about this update!
great news!

Ubuntu users: Ubuntu wallet will be updated to new version in a few hours
paspi, did you get a bounty for your work on the Ubuntu client? I'm BEYOND thankful for your work! You deserve some Mintcoins for it.
I'm very pleased to hear it's helpful to someone! Cheesy I got a few bounties, but not sure if any for Ubuntu, donations are always welcome Smiley

I packaged the new version and uploaded it to Launchpad PPA, it's scheduled to be compiled to a binary package in an hour and then it will be available.
Awesome bro! Just sent you 1,000 Mintcoins. I wish it could be more.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
just want to thank MINT d\ev team fixing this issue. i'm back in MINT and will support MINT anyway i can

I agree I'm proud of everyone involved in resolving this issue. Thank You
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
just want to thank MINT d\ev team fixing this issue. i'm back in MINT and will support MINT anyway i can
Merit: 1003

As a cautionary measure and since MINT does not really need PoW, we have decided to get rid of the PoW. We don't want to take any security risk.
And since our ego is less important than your hard earned money, we won't have any problem to be thankful to another coin dev if it appears he has helped to increase MintCoin's security.

great news!

paspi, did you get a bounty for your work on the Ubuntu client? I'm BEYOND thankful for your work! You deserve some Mintcoins for it.
I'm very pleased to hear it's helpful to someone! Cheesy I got a few bounties, but not sure if any for Ubuntu, donations are always welcome Smiley

I packaged the new version and uploaded it to Launchpad PPA, it's scheduled to be compiled to a binary package in an hour and then it will be available.

Yes paspi, you are great!
Activity: 185

great news!

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

We have people working on different aspects of advertising for the Mintcoin community and one of the people asked if I could see if there is anyone in the community capable and willing to create a professional 468 x 60 Mintcoin banner ad to be used in rotation on some websites. Please reply or send me a message if you can
Merit: 1003

If it appears? What a joke.

Dishonest dev, dishonest community.

Mintcoin Dev Team, wear this as a badge of honour from mr_random! mr_random has shown his hand is as empty as his words. Congrats Dev Team for taking the high road, reacting quickly, and doing what is right!

Looks like the low diff of pow can be explored, but so far I don't see any real successful attacks. No double spending reported, no fake coins generated outside what the dev defined in the code. For pow/pos coins I saw a few had on and off pos blocks (and pow blocks due to the fact that the diff retargets linked the two together). I don't think the attack on delaying pos will do anything. Once pow only, the diff appears going up quickly, and one can not make the pow only coin this way. The pos blocks do not need to be generated at a precise time, it doesn't matter, you have 20 days after it is ready to generate before no more coin-day be accumulated.

I think the dev team did the right thing. In order to prevent any further exploit on the low diff pow, just to remove it. As for pure pos coins, pos itself may have many issues, but so far no successful attack is known on the pos coins.

Blackcoin is stupid enough causing big issues, and killed a great exchange (cryptorush), from what I read, the BC dev said he can not do much with the situation (that led to the death of cryptorush). Now they started exploring pow/pos with low pow diff, trying to attack other coins. So far they did not succeed in anything, just cause some panic among a few people who don't understand the details.
Activity: 133
Merit: 11
Thank you for reacting so quickly to keep the mintcoin network secure
Why bring up ugly posts from a few pages back when the thread has moved on?
You're right, but I wanted to pat the Devs on the back. They are taking a lot of crap from fools, and I just wanted them to know that some of us really appreciate their work. That's all. Yes, moving on.
Activity: 147
Mac 1.7 wallet on the way by any chance? Smiley
Activity: 210
Why bring up ugly posts from a few pages back when the thread has moved on?

If it appears? What a joke.

Dishonest dev, dishonest community.

Mintcoin Dev Team, wear this as a badge of honour from mr_random! mr_random has shown his hand is as empty as his words. Congrats Dev Team for taking the high road, reacting quickly, and doing what is right!
legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

What's new?
(1) latest checkpoints
(2) fixed wallet getbalance issue (thanks paspi)
(3) remove pow generation after block 220000

passing it along ... update your wallets, and please someone build us a MAC OSX wallet Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002
What is going on with mint a huge dump or what? 83btc volume last 24 hours on Mintpal yet still at 15sat?

You missed all the drama, looks like MINT will go pure POS, instead of the POW/POS hybrid as there was a potential weakness found ...
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
What is going on with mint a huge dump or what? 83btc volume last 24 hours on Mintpal yet still at 15sat?
I've PMed the dev of eccoin so they can apply the fix before they transition to 1coin/PoW block PoS:PoW hybrid (they are still in initial PoW phase so are not in any danger atm). If anybody can think of other coins which might need to apply the fix and haven't yet, please inform them.

great news!

just sent a test 100,000 coins to my wallet from mintpal. got the coins in wallet in 2 1/2 min.

im happy
Activity: 210
We are approaching 1 week since payouts in MINT were implemented on http://hashco.ws  While I appreciate the new miners who have given us a shot and 'mined' some mint, the uptake isn't quite what I'd hoped for.  In an effort to try and get things going, I received a total of 1,850,000 mint in bounties for implementation.  If we can reach 300Mh/s in new hashrate that gets paid out in mint, and maintain it for at least 5 days, I'll give away all of it to random miners in the form of 3 prizes; 1mil, 600k, 250k.  (personal hashrate will play no bearing on the prize winners, 10Mh/s or 300Kh/s, you'll have the same chance of winning).

I'll post updates here on hashrate status if warranted. 

Happy Mining.

Wow! Nearly 1800 Mh...a lot of that has to be Mint  Smiley
Jump to: