Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 446. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 307
Merit: 252
isn't the forking thing the bigger possible problem? Shocked
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
it's been lower

now about that attack, I am genuinely interested in seeing if it can be done

lots of theoretical possibilities exist for any coin, I would like objective evidence of a doublespend because of 51% attack on MINT

lots of people say it can be done but no one does it

i understand that the developers don't work 24/7 on this project but a rapid response/fix might actually stop the price decline. i suppose they themselves have some MINT they don't want to lose value.

on the other hand this way some people can get some really cheap MINT  Grin
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
40 million sold at 12 just now(20 trades)

apparently they think it isn't an issue, can we get on with the doublespend attack now all of this talk is getting lame.
Activity: 274
Merit: 100
guys, thank for the efforts. but i do think, that such an issue will be easily fixed by the developers. as provided in the other thread there are a couple of solutions for an easy fix. so i think we just need to relax and calm down. no coin is broken.

Yes, the devs can easily address this.

lol they cannot even respond in this thread.  asking them to FIX this this is a lost cause. they do not care enough to even make an attempt to clarify the situation.
Activity: 476
guys, thank for the efforts. but i do think, that such an issue will be easily fixed by the developers. as provided in the other thread there are a couple of solutions for an easy fix. so i think we just need to relax and calm down. no coin is broken.

Yes, the devs can easily address this.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Hey sargecap welcome to the mintcoin forum
Activity: 14
It's no longer theoretical it's actually happened.

I didn't notice anything, what exactly is supposed to have happened? Was there a successful double spend?

For about an hour they were able to stop minting completely.  If this can be sustained this is just another coin without any value since our biggest selling point is minting.  And since I don't know anything about development, I don't know what else can be done with this attack.

But this isn't even the issue, due to the lack of dev responses I don't even believe they are too involved in this coin.  This threat was posted 3 days ago, more then enough time to read through it real quickly to determine if it was FUD or not.  Due to the timestamps, I can't tell you how long the bugs been posted or how long ago the attack was.

The real issue is, how they address future problems.  Do we have to wait another 3 days and a successful attack before we see anything?

It seems as if they haven't been concerned with the issue and if minting was stopped for an hour how much did it cost the attackers to do that?

As gonzoucab pointed out there was an attack but it seems to have failed without even a fork. I don't really understand the technical details but there is really not much there that I can go on except objective evidence of a doublespend or something of the sort.

If it kills the coin then so be it, but I'm not listening to rumours and innuendo on the internet. Posting supposed email responses doesn't mean a thing because they are easily faked.

We did not fork the coin as we did not want to. We could have and then you'd be blaming us for breaking your coin.

As for the mails with the mintcoin devs (the e-mail address provided in the OP)

http://imgur.com/9rIkQWw

Also, the attack used 3x 3.5Mh/s rigs. I think we could've pulled it off with less.

thank you for the image. could you please provide the rest of the conversation? it stops at "to fix the issue at hand"

That is all we got. We have not gotten a reply back since the 'How is it an attack?'.

A serious dev would not even ask this.

Holy crap that is bad. He asked how is it an attack? I am just a hobby programmer and I understood how it's an attack in 15 seconds.

Mintcoin dev is a copy paste dev that doesn't understand the basics?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Community

I didn't notice anything, what exactly is supposed to have happened? Was there a successful double spend?

For about an hour they were able to stop minting completely.  If this can be sustained this is just another coin without any value since our biggest selling point is minting.  And since I don't know anything about development, I don't know what else can be done with this attack.

But this isn't even the issue, due to the lack of dev responses I don't even believe they are too involved in this coin.  This threat was posted 3 days ago, more then enough time to read through it real quickly to determine if it was FUD or not.  Due to the timestamps, I can't tell you how long the bugs been posted or how long ago the attack was.

The real issue is, how they address future problems.  Do we have to wait another 3 days and a successful attack before we see anything?

It seems as if they haven't been concerned with the issue and if minting was stopped for an hour how much did it cost the attackers to do that?

As gonzoucab pointed out there was an attack but it seems to have failed without even a fork. I don't really understand the technical details but there is really not much there that I can go on except objective evidence of a doublespend or something of the sort.

If it kills the coin then so be it, but I'm not listening to rumours and innuendo on the internet. Posting supposed email responses doesn't mean a thing because they are easily faked.

We did not fork the coin as we did not want to. We could have and then you'd be blaming us for breaking your coin.

Also, the attack used 3x 3.5Mh/s rigs. I think we could've pulled it off with less.

thank you for the image. could you please provide the rest of the conversation? it stops at "to fix the issue at hand"

That is all we got. We have not gotten a reply back since the 'How is it an attack?'.

A serious dev would not even ask this.
mgburks77 and moderndezigns who live in the blackcoin topic

I've posted there maybe 15-20 times over the last several weeks and I hold BC so I don't see the problem.

Activity: 56
^ Nothing has been faked. Look it up on the block explorer of mintcoin and you can see for 1 hour all blocks were switch to proof of work only.

Keep screaming fake whilst smart people tell mintcoin dev to fix it.

I understand honesty is hard in crypto. That's why when we found this exploit the FIRST thing i did was find the dev's contact details. You do not want to see the replies. Contact your dev's and demand a fix.

actually we DO wanna see the replies. Just post them here. That way you could provide proof that you've done as you told us. Thank you!

+1

I do wanna see the replies.  If the MINT devs are incompetent douchebags, I wanna know.

+2.

MINT dev is hiding.

So far all we hear from are champion fudsters mgburks77 and moderndezigns who live in the blackcoin topic trying to spread lies abt blackcoin to desperately protect their mintcoin bags. These fools should be THANKING the blackcoin dev right now.

Thanks dev =)

Activity: 14
^ Nothing has been faked. Look it up on the block explorer of mintcoin and you can see for 1 hour all blocks were switch to proof of work only.

Keep screaming fake whilst smart people tell mintcoin dev to fix it.

I understand honesty is hard in crypto. That's why when we found this exploit the FIRST thing i did was find the dev's contact details. You do not want to see the replies. Contact your dev's and demand a fix.

actually we DO wanna see the replies. Just post them here. That way you could provide proof that you've done as you told us. Thank you!

+1

I do wanna see the replies.  If the MINT devs are incompetent douchebags, I wanna know.

+2.

MINT dev is hiding.

So far all we hear from are champion fudsters mgburks77 and moderndezigns who live in the blackcoin topic trying to spread lies abt blackcoin to desperately protect their mintcoin bags. These fools should be THANKING the blackcoin dev right now.

Activity: 42

The attack was made using a multipool.

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
as all of you guys know I'm a MINT fan from the start. after reading the posts the last day I decided to sell half my MINT. im on a fixed budget and i sold 1,000,000MINT. just keeping it in BTC at mintpal. if the MINT dev came on and to respond to this attack and has a fix im would buy back my million even if it shoot up 5-6 points.

but i still dont see any MINT dev,top people respond here. i dont check other forums or sites for MINT. i go to this thread.

Jump to: