Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 445. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Well, that response from the devs wasn't quite as reassuring as I would have liked, but I definitely am not selling in the midst of a panic.  Suppose I'll withdrawal my daytrading MINT from cryptsy to my local wallet for now, wait a few weeks, and hopefully this all blows over soon.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
What is the nature of the attack and what are the risks to people currently holding Mint?

Was a 51 attack over POW part, cant go further since POS kick back in

If you are paranoid use more than 120 confirmations, this will exclude this attack since POS will always kick back in less than an hour

No double spend can be made with this attack.
Would that slow confirmation/transaction time to (120 * 30sec = 1 hour) or is that completely wrong?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
We have been made aware of potential security issues for MintCoin recently. As we always do, we're actively looking into these issues if any. If there is anything to fix, we'll do it, and we'll do it the best way possible.

If there is anything to fix?

You can clearly see the attack in the blockchain...

I suggest that we do the same as the blackcon group and report trolls
Activity: 42
What is the nature of the attack and what are the risks to people currently holding Mint?

Was a 51 attack over POW part, cant go further since POS kick back in

If you are paranoid use more than 120 confirmations, this will exclude this attack since POS will always kick back in less than an hour

No double spend can be made with this attack.
Activity: 182
Activity: 126
We have been made aware of potential security issues for MintCoin recently. As we always do, we're actively looking into these issues if any. If there is anything to fix, we'll do it, and we'll do it the best way possible.

I'd like to take this opportunity to point out to all the people who FREAKED OUT and said the devs are douchebags and losers, that the dev team replied within an hour of all this bellyaching and name calling.

People get pissed off when I call individuals out by name for being turds, but you know who you are. Others and newcomers reading this part of the thread should take note of the people who obviously have ulterior motives. Don't be fooled by people trying to scare you. Use your brain and think for yourself. Bottom line, the dev team is on it, Mintcoin is all systems go.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

If there is anything to fix?

You can clearly see the attack in the blockchain...
Activity: 56
- No premine. Yep, not even for country coin, even it they have the best of intentions and they actually deliver (like Auroracoin did yesterday)
- other criteria as you see fit.

There would be two kind of criteria: mandatory and facultative. Mandatory criteria are stoppers, other just orient the decision. I'd say ressource-intensivness and premine should be mandatory.
The boundary of a criterium should be written clearly, to avoid as much arbitrary decision as possible.

Then you cannot include Mint and its premine, you either are fair and include any with premine or exclude all premined coins including Mint

To allow one and exclude all others on this principle present a critical flaw for what you are trying to achieve by not being biased.

It also would exclude Noble which is by far the most VAS exclusive coin currently in circulation

I hope you are correct
Thank you for your advice
I'm going to buy
Wish us luck

The Mintcoin fund is not going in this direction I believe
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
Some day i too can have a avatar and be like you.
- No premine. Yep, not even for country coin, even it they have the best of intentions and they actually deliver (like Auroracoin did yesterday)
- other criteria as you see fit.

There would be two kind of criteria: mandatory and facultative. Mandatory criteria are stoppers, other just orient the decision. I'd say ressource-intensivness and premine should be mandatory.
The boundary of a criterium should be written clearly, to avoid as much arbitrary decision as possible.

Then you cannot include Mint and its premine, you either are fair and include any with premine or exclude all premined coins including Mint

To allow one and exclude all others on this principle present a critical flaw for what you are trying to achieve by not being biased.

It also would exclude Noble which is by far the most VAS exclusive coin currently in circulation

I hope you are correct
Thank you for your advice
I'm going to buy
Wish us luck
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

thanks, i feel a lot better now.

I will buy 40 million MINT.

that was sarcasm. can you at lease say if you think this is a major issue or not.

He said they are actively looking into the issue. Lets be a little patient. Lets also be thankful that, if there was potential for it, the BC devs chose not to exploit this security hole and do any real damage.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

thanks, i feel a lot better now.

I will buy 40 million MINT.

that was sarcasm. can you at lease say if you think this is a major issue or not.
Activity: 364

These are the developers troubles
It is necessary for us to pay for them?
Really annoying
 Angry Angry

why should you be annoyed? nothing even happened
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
Some day i too can have a avatar and be like you.

These are the developers troubles
It is necessary for us to pay for them?
Really annoying
 Angry Angry
Build it for iphone...I don't think anyone is working on that yet.

Apple does not like crypto currency wallet apps.

Yeah, I think that is going to take some doing.
better grab some cheap MINT while you can
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Build it for iphone...I don't think anyone is working on that yet.

Apple does not like crypto currency wallet apps.
Activity: 307
Merit: 252

you guys are awesome! just keep us updated! really appreciate it!
Activity: 325
Well if it is I am interested in finding out

less talk, more hack

let's see it

Jump to: