Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 447. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0
It's no longer theoretical it's actually happened.

I didn't notice anything, what exactly is supposed to have happened? Was there a successful double spend?

For about an hour they were able to stop minting completely.  If this can be sustained this is just another coin without any value since our biggest selling point is minting.  And since I don't know anything about development, I don't know what else can be done with this attack.

But this isn't even the issue, due to the lack of dev responses I don't even believe they are too involved in this coin.  This threat was posted 3 days ago, more then enough time to read through it real quickly to determine if it was FUD or not.  Due to the timestamps, I can't tell you how long the bugs been posted or how long ago the attack was.

The real issue is, how they address future problems.  Do we have to wait another 3 days and a successful attack before we see anything?
Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I understand honesty is hard in crypto. That's why when we found this exploit the FIRST thing i did was find the dev's contact details. You do not want to see the replies. Contact your dev's and demand a fix.

actually we DO wanna see the replies. Just post them here. That way you could provide proof that you've done as you told us. Thank you!

+1

I do wanna see the replies.  If the MINT devs are incompetent douchebags, I wanna know.
Activity: 42

yes I agree it wasn't as bad as what happened with blackcoins fork when alot of people lost blackcoins

If you would read up on that you'd know the loss of Blackcoin on Cryptorush has nothing to do with the fork that we made.
It has to do with Cryptorush using the getbalance accounts system that is inherently broken: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Accounts_explained#Account_Weaknesses.

Well it looks like mint was the main coin our good friends were trying to find vulnerabilities with. Wouldn't this effect your coin?

It affects a range of PoW/PoS hybrids I suspect, rat4 looked at mint only right now. If this is possible for Mint then any forks from Mint will have the same issue. If the coin where mint is forked from did not address it it'll too have this vulnerability.

You attacked to kill the coin, couldnt do it. Thats the fact.
mint have never forked, your coin already has.

Developers and coin holders, attacking other coins. not good for crypto.

Activity: 307
Merit: 252

I understand honesty is hard in crypto. That's why when we found this exploit the FIRST thing i did was find the dev's contact details. You do not want to see the replies. Contact your dev's and demand a fix.

actually we DO wanna see the replies. Just post them here. That way you could provide proof that you've done as you told us. Thank you!
Activity: 476

yes I agree it wasn't as bad as what happened with blackcoins fork when alot of people lost blackcoins

If you would read up on that you'd know the loss of Blackcoin on Cryptorush has nothing to do with the fork that we made.
It has to do with Cryptorush using the getbalance accounts system that is inherently broken: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Accounts_explained#Account_Weaknesses.

Well it looks like mint was the main coin our good friends were trying to find vulnerabilities with. Wouldn't this effect your coin?

It affects a range of PoW/PoS hybrids I suspect, rat4 looked at mint only right now. If this is possible for Mint then any forks from Mint will have the same issue. If the coin where mint is forked from did not address it it'll too have this vulnerability.
Activity: 364
It's no longer theoretical it's actually happened.

I didn't notice anything, what exactly is supposed to have happened? Was there a successful double spend?
Activity: 56
nice to hear that you care so much.

I seen the blockchain, the fact they tray to destroy mintcoin yesterday.

They only stoped the blockchain 1 minute vía POW, then POS kicked id and restore everything to normal. nobody even noticed.

Whe have officially survived our first attach to death, and we havent fork.

Somebody wanna mint to die.

We are better, we wont let you.

Activity: 43

You need to stop worrying about other coins and focus on our own coin.

I knew of this proof before i started posting in here but didn't want to provide it so not induce panic selling.  I just can't believe how much resistance I am getting for just getting devs to open up a little.

We should instead get together and demand some kind of response.  It's no longer theoretical it's actually happened. 
Activity: 42

I seen the blockchain, the fact they tray to destroy mintcoin yesterday.

They only stoped the blockchain 1 minute vía POW, then POS kicked id and restore everything to normal. nobody even noticed.

Whe have officially survived our first attach to death, and we havent fork.

Somebody wanna mint to die.

We are better, we wont let you.
Activity: 462
I want to hear from MINT devs as well.  If the MINT devs do not believe this is an issue because it is FUD or because they have a fix in the words, they need to let us know now.

I am not easily shaken by price drops, bad news, FUD, etc if I believe in a coin I am holding long term.  This seems to hold more weight than simple FUD though.

I mean, rat4 publicly demonstrated the attack can work, the whole world can see the blocks in the explorer.

MINT devs need to drop whatever they are doing, address this, and issue a statement IMMEDIATELY.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
The proof is in the blockchain:

http://mintcoin-explorer.info/chain/MintCoin?count=500&hi=203500

We started @ block 203198 - See the timestamp.
If you look up a bit you see that our attack was succesfull @ block 202236. That's the moment when we got 6 out of 11 blocks. From that moment on we pushed the time one hour forward and only PoW work was accepted by the chain.

Look at the timestamps - Look at the blocktypes.

From 19:18:00 PoS kicked in again.

----

We are not FUDding Mint. We brought this to the Dev's attention first - he shrugged it off. We brought this to the Mint community' attention and you are shrugging it off.
Demand a fix from your Dev.

It's nice of someone to bring things up in a constructive manner but as we all know most of you guys are not honest

We could just as easily have destroyed Mintcoin but we did not do that since we believe in crypto. But if this does not get fixed i can bet you someone will destroy mint.

still trying to reading all posts about. is MINT the only coin you can do this to, or are there others?

If you look up a bit you see that our attack was succesfull @ block 202236. That's the moment when we got 6 out of 11 blocks. From that moment on we pushed the time one hour forward and only PoW work was accepted by the chain.

----

We are not FUDding Mint. We brought this to the Dev's attention first - he shrugged it off. We brought this to the Mint community' attention and you are shrugging it off.

It's nice of someone to bring things up in a constructive manner but as we all know most of you guys are not honest

We could just as easily have destroyed Mintcoin but we did not do that since we believe in crypto. But if this does not get fixed i can bet you someone will destroy mint.

----

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
I think we do have an issue. i'm not a tech guy but from what i'm reading i sure wish to hear dev from MINT respon.

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Yes, the proof is in the block chain, one must be religious to not see it.
We need a statement from the dev soon or i will probably sell most of my holdings....

If you look up a bit you see that our attack was succesfull from block 202236 onwards. That's the moment when we got 6 out of 11 blocks. From that moment on we pushed the time one hour forward and only PoW work was accepted by the chain.

----

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
it exists. i dont want to be a fud but i have been talking to some people. it needs to be addressed.
Without proof

ok well lets all take this to the bc forum to discuss
Jump to: