Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 449. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
i think you must be glad that bc coindev actually discovered this flaw. before ppl like bcx find it.

pffft

they need to worry about their own security issues
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
i think you should be glad that bc coindev actually discovered this flaw. before ppl like bcx find it.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6029559
didn't notice any of that actually happening

blackcoin should look after their own security issues
devs should have fixed this already.

fixed what?

someone can destroy the minting process/make sure that minting does not occur for an hour ( probably pos blocks orphaned ).

it has been confirmed.

follow the news.

not so hard fix. expect update soon.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Can some tell me how often I should expect minting to occur?  I realised, after not checking in for a while I was on the wrong wallet update and having done that today when should I expect minting to occur?  I've had coins in my wallet since 10th March so its been over 20 days.  Am I missing something else?
devs should have fixed this already.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
just 2 days ago tons of users were spaming black coin thread that we should sell black coin and buy mint..dont see them know ..where are you now..

Sell blackcoin and buy mint.

Spread your Risk, im holding some BC
BC community should hold some Mint for risk management.
Thats my finance recomendation
Activity: 14
Lets hope btcexpress coin-destroyer-extraordinaire doesn't catch wind of this or we're all in trouble  Huh

Activity: 882
Merit: 517
cloverdex.io
Activity: 182
Community
中国人开始关注薄荷了,好事啊

It should be a long time...not just start
when was this, soepkippetje?
Activity: 476
The Blackcoin dev rat4 who is a talented individual has found an attack which applies to Mintcoin (due to it being pow/pos hybrid that has low difficulty for pow component).

Please read it here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/security-analysis-of-powpos-hybrids-with-low-pow-reward-551861

Note the most recent posts where the attack has been executed guys.

Yes, do add to this:

We have tested the hypothesis we found and managed to succesfully stop PoS from being accepted for over one hour on the MintCoin blockchain.
Basicly this means anyone could turn MintCoin into a PoW-only coin for the foreseeable future and due to the low hashrate on the coin a 51% attack becomes really easy with all the known issues that that brings.

We have immediatly contacted the mintcoin devs, long before rat4 posted it in the topic quoted above. I am still waiting for a confirmation that they are fixing the issue at hand.
Activity: 182
Community
 have been mining 24/7 since day 1 on the pool but my  miner is a bit unstable, it goes down every now and then so maybe i have mined 16-20 hours per day.
Payouts has vary between 6k-11k mint per day for me with 350khash/s.
Last 24 hours it was running all the time and got 11k mint. That would be approx. 30k mint/mh.
Activity: 14
The Blackcoin dev rat4 who is a talented individual has found an attack which applies to Mintcoin (due to it being pow/pos hybrid that has low difficulty for pow component).

Please read it here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/security-analysis-of-powpos-hybrids-with-low-pow-reward-551861

Note the most recent posts where the attack has been executed guys.
Activity: 490
i received mint on 26/03 and then nothing,
could someone help me please to understand?
Activity: 132
Is it possible that the mintcoin forum at  http://www.mintcointalk.com/  is down?
please fix wallet with sunny king fix. thanks.
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
in two days i will start to mint!!!
Activity: 23
中国人开始关注薄荷了,好事啊
Jump to: