Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 451. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
I also agree no minting needed on the phone.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Guys,

How to create a *Coin Android Wallet: http://www.hashengineeringsolutions.com/create-an-android-wallet/ <-- A little bit cryptic, but a good start point.

Anybody with experience on Android Apps can complete the task. The code is well documented and looks fine to me (I did a diff between both Github projects listed on that page and their parent projects and it looks OK to go).

As a matter of fact, the owner of those Github repos also does wallets on request. We might want to talk to him to see if we can get an arrangement.

Your call, people.

P.D.: I also think that have mining on our mobile phones would be wasteful since a) eats CPU so b) burns out the mobile's battery. Finally c) the mobile wallets are not meant to hold huge amounts of coins. Imagine anyone on the top 100 of the MintCoin rich list holding all his/her stash on their phone and suddenly going to the bathroom, then accidentally makes the device swim into the toilet. Or worst, theft. I know there's a lot of people that would say "you have to backup your wallet regularly" but in real life at least 80% of us human beings don't do backups as often as we should.

So my humble recommendation is: lets follow the KISS principle and ditch the mining-on-the-mobile-phone idea. A wallet that can hold the MINTs to spend is just enough.

Very good reasoning.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Build it for iphone...I don't think anyone is working on that yet.

This is more a political issue than a technological one. Apple just bans apps that work with cryptocoins. Until they change their policy there's nothing we can do (except maybe a boycott). Smiley
Activity: 53
how many MINT were dumped today? looks like a lot

Even if a lot of today will not rise, but in tomorrow or the day after tomorrow is up a lot of!
 Smiley Smiley
Activity: 53
yeah, time to buy up cheap! Smiley

Now is a good time to buy it, the price is so low, we can go to invest it!
 Smiley
Activity: 19
Do we have an ETA for the android wallet? Also, do we know what features it will support (ie will you be able to mint coins with it or just spend them, will you be able to use a private key with it, etc etc?)

Thanks!

Its prob cloned off of litecoinj or
bitcoinj .. and will provide you ability to spend
but not mine. You can back up your wallet and restore etc.. but if its not done properly you will constantly have to redownload the blockchain from last checkpoint to sync you balance..

So sidhujag  are you interested in creating a wallet for us? You bring it up alot and sounds like you kind of want to. If you can create a good working wallet that mints I'll even buy you a Mintcoin T-shirt since I know you're a fan!  True Story
Code it so it can be private and not open source and I'll throw in 50,000 Mintcoins

Why not open source? What are you thinking?

It takes 2 weeks of work.. so 3.5 btc is going rate.

Could be more if pos needs to be implemented in Java.. if its just for spending thats the rate.

Just a thought:

I don't think that most people would want to put large amounts of Mintcoins on their mobile phones for minting; that just does not sound safe at all. The mobile app probably does not need to have PoS capability, but good enough to receive and send smaller transactions, the sort of thing you could go to a bar and pay for a beer with, but not be worried about having your phone stolen with millions of coins on it.

Its as safe as qt wallet.. It works nice.. spends start after 100 confirmations.. the benefit of this wallet is that you only need to download blockchain from today on.. and can use qr code for point of sales.. backup your wallet and transfer via nfc for sending coins offline.

Im sure if it wasnt safe btc wallet would have been hacked by now.

Guys,

How to create a *Coin Android Wallet: http://www.hashengineeringsolutions.com/create-an-android-wallet/ <-- A little bit cryptic, but a good start point.

Anybody with experience on Android Apps can complete the task. The code is well documented and looks fine to me (I did a diff between both Github projects listed on that page and their parent projects and it looks OK to go).

As a matter of fact, the owner of those Github repos also does wallets on request. We might want to talk to him to see if we can get an arrangement.

Your call, people.

P.D.: I also think that have mining on our mobile phones would be wasteful since a) eats CPU so b) burns out the mobile's battery. Finally c) the mobile wallets are not meant to hold huge amounts of coins. Imagine anyone on the top 100 of the MintCoin rich list holding all his/her stash on their phone and suddenly going to the bathroom, then accidentally makes the device swim into the toilet. Or worst, theft. I know there's a lot of people that would say "you have to backup your wallet regularly" but in real life at least 80% of us human beings don't do backups as often as we should.

So my humble recommendation is: lets follow the KISS principle and ditch the mining-on-the-mobile-phone idea. A wallet that can hold the MINTs to spend is just enough.
Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some
Build it for iphone...I don't think anyone is working on that yet.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
Do we have an ETA for the android wallet? Also, do we know what features it will support (ie will you be able to mint coins with it or just spend them, will you be able to use a private key with it, etc etc?)

Thanks!

but not mine. You can back up your wallet and restore etc.. but if its not done properly you will constantly have to redownload the blockchain from last checkpoint to sync you balance..

So sidhujag  are you interested in creating a wallet for us? You bring it up alot and sounds like you kind of want to. If you can create a good working wallet that mints I'll even buy you a Mintcoin T-shirt since I know you're a fan!  True Story
Code it so it can be private and not open source and I'll throw in 50,000 Mintcoins

Could be more if pos needs to be implemented in Java.. if its just for spending thats the rate.

Just a thought:

I don't think that most people would want to put large amounts of Mintcoins on their mobile phones for minting; that just does not sound safe at all. The mobile app probably does not need to have PoS capability, but good enough to receive and send smaller transactions, the sort of thing you could go to a bar and pay for a beer with, but not be worried about having your phone stolen with millions of coins on it.

Its as safe as qt wallet.. It works nice.. spends start after 100 confirmations.. the benefit of this wallet is that you only need to download blockchain from today on.. and can use qr code for point of sales.. backup your wallet and transfer via nfc for sending coins offline.

Im sure if it wasnt safe btc wallet would have been hacked by now.
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some

Thanks!

So sidhujag  are you interested in creating a wallet for us? You bring it up alot and sounds like you kind of want to. If you can create a good working wallet that mints I'll even buy you a Mintcoin T-shirt since I know you're a fan!  True Story

Just a thought:

Activity: 56

Thanks!

OK thanks we can keep that in mind as I haven't heard all the plans yet myself it's always good to have options.
legendary

Thanks!

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
how many MINT were dumped today? looks like a lot

Thanks!

So sidhujag  are you interested in creating a wallet for us? You bring it up alot and sounds like you kind of want to. If you can create a good working wallet that mints I'll even buy you a Mintcoin T-shirt since I know you're a fan!  True Story

All joking aside if you can really do this let me know what it will take. I think you mentioned it was pretty labor intensive.
Activity: 126

Thanks!

So sidhujag  are you interested in creating a wallet for us? You bring it up alot and sounds like you kind of want to. If you can create a good working wallet that mints I'll even buy you a Mintcoin T-shirt since I know you're a fan!  True Story

Thanks!

legendary

Thanks!

Activity: 826
see my profile
sorry, me again - and another bug report:

When I tried to create a "New address".
With locked wallet. I type in my password, then this comes up.

And later there are 3 status lines:

Code:
EXCEPTION: St13runtime_error
CWallet::GenerateNewKey() : AddKey failed
...\MintCoin\mintcoin-qt.exe in ThreadStakeMinter()

there is nothing it in "debug.log"!

I have tried a second time, and could reproduce the problem.

Then I unlocked the wallet first, created a "new address" - and now there was no error!

version 1.6.0.0

bump
Activity: 868
just got another 28,000 MINT

now im up to 1,700,000 MINT Smiley
Activity: 182

Thanks!
Activity: 770
Mintcoin team,

I believe that investing in the building of a professional Mintcoin app for Android and IOS will shoot our coin up the charts and can create a bridge from this community to the big media.

Let's make this coin solid!!

IOS & Android App please!!

Someone is developing an Android wallet app for Mint, hang tight dude.
Jump to: