Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 493. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Interesting. Can anyone work out a new time table? How is coin age affected?

Coin age is affected in the same way (acclerated), since it is also based on chain height. So actual minting begins a bit before 20 days of age and coins reach full weight a bit faster than 40 days.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Guys and girls. I really hate to drop a bomb like this, but sooner or later it will get discussed anyway.
Have you seen block height? Currently we are going on the rate of 1.5 times the daily block count target. For example. Mintcoin with 30sec block target shoud generate 2880 blocks per 24hours. The real result for last 24 hours is about 1.5 times higher. And earlier days are similar.
What it means?
Since all PoW/PoS hybrid coins have interest targets calculated based on nHeight (block number), it means that we will hit the second year interest rate much sooner than 1 year since beginning.

Why this is happening?
Blockchain has more blocks because PoS blocks dont follow original PoW difficulty formula. First 20 days were OK ,because there was no PoS. Since day 20, average daily block rate count has steadily raised.

Remember. This is not only Mintcoin issue. Its an issue of all PoS hybrid coins. Its not harmful in any way, but it just moves all yearly targets a lot closer than written in OP.

Interesting. Can anyone work out a new time table? How is coin age affected?
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
I was just thinking of a bit of a stunt I'm willing to do.
Get myself a mint for life tattoo (on the shoulder) Cool if people are willing sponsor me i will do it.

A few photo's of the tattoo art will definitely make some people see that this community is crazy strong, they will buy in a.s.a.p. Grin

I could set up an escrow account for this with someone people trust.

I'll throw a million in, but you better film the whole thing..... ROFL Cheesy

I'll start on it right away. I'll make sure the escrow won't pay out until the video is released.
If there's a reliable dutch escrow that want's to do this and film himself to vouch for the authenticity of the movie that's cool with me to.

love this idea!
Activity: 165
Guys and girls. I really hate to drop a bomb like this, but sooner or later it will get discussed anyway.
Have you seen block height? Currently we are going on the rate of 1.5 times the daily block count target. For example. Mintcoin with 30sec block target shoud generate 2880 blocks per 24hours. The real result for last 24 hours is about 1.5 times higher. And earlier days are similar.
What it means?
Since all PoW/PoS hybrid coins have interest targets calculated based on nHeight (block number), it means that we will hit the second year interest rate much sooner than 1 year since beginning.

Why this is happening?
Blockchain has more blocks because PoS blocks dont follow original PoW difficulty formula. First 20 days were OK ,because there was no PoS. Since day 20, average daily block rate count has steadily raised.

Remember. This is not only Mintcoin issue. Its an issue of all PoS hybrid coins. Its not harmful in any way, but it just moves all yearly targets a lot closer than written in OP.

I have no problem with this. 20% is a high inflation rate. The faster we get to lower inflation the more the coins will theoretically be worth.
What it means?

Why this is happening?

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Custom made teeshirts and hand made art at atrapos::Moolah Market
Sol's Regent,
100% semi-combed cotton,
Taped back neck,
Rib neckline,
Tubular body,
Twin needle stitching,
3M Vinyl cut,
Available sizes: XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL, 3XL

You can PM for your custom teeshirt inquiries here, or at iruniclee[at]gmail
thank you

I like the shirt but i would like a shirt to be white or black where someone who doesn't know what mintcoin turn to his chick and say, "what the F*** is Mintcoin" Wink
legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002
Coming soon:

A lobby website to boost merchant acceptance.

Here is the idea:

The community agrees on a list of websites/merchants that could potentially accept MintCoin as a payment.
For each merchant, there is meter that community makes growing as a purchase promise (no fake promise please), with a goal to achieve. Something like Kickstarter.
Once the goal is achieved, we contact the merchant, and say: look, we have 10M Mint to spend in your store if you accept MintCoin. So, do that!

Whatever happened to this idea promised from launch??

please give a status on the update ...
Activity: 424
Guys this coin is incredible. But official website is too simple. You will need to hire some webdesigners to help you making website more professional. 
Stay calm and keep you fresh.

I like this coin,i think it will be good.

Have to disagree... I really like the website.
legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002
About the foundation, anyone can setup a Mintcoin Foundation, just take the initiative if you feel passionate about it, we could even have more than 1 ... there shouldnt be a central authority.
PGP 9CB0902E
Custom made teeshirts and hand made art at atrapos::Moolah Market
Sol's Regent,
100% semi-combed cotton,
Taped back neck,
Rib neckline,
Tubular body,
Twin needle stitching,
3M Vinyl cut,
Available sizes: XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL, 3XL

You can PM for your custom teeshirt inquiries here, or at iruniclee[at]gmail
thank you
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009
Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse
Hi guys,

I've got a new e-commerce store for custom apparel and stuff. Available for purchase using Mintcoins!

Coin Press - Custom Apparel and More - Free Priority Shipping and Tracking - New Designs added every day!

I'm using Moolah for the moment, up until the official storefront is done. Have a look!

Activity: 429
Loving the multipool, picked up another 21k by mining 8 hours, can't wait to see what I got the last 14 hours Smiley
Activity: 210
If i have multiple addresses in my wallet, can i somehow choose what address to send coins from?
Activity: 336
I'll start on it right away. I'll make sure the escrow won't pay out until the video is released.
If there's a reliable dutch escrow that want's to do this and film himself to vouch for the authenticity of the movie that's cool with me to.
The Intcoin Fund will feature an official escrow (but mint only, not fiat). It is not decided yet if it will be 0% fee of all/most fees going to the Fund.

BTW, if you have any idea regarding this, make sure to say!

0% fees sound awsome. Maybe the mintcrew likes my idea and make this official. As soon as some mint is in the escrow account i'll go out sourcing a decent tattoo shop and get an estimate.
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Guys this coin is incredible. But official website is too simple. You will need to hire some webdesigners to help you making website more professional. 
Stay calm and keep you fresh.

I like this coin,i think it will be good.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
The Intcoin Fund will feature an official escrow (but mint only, not fiat). It is not decided yet if it will be 0% fee of all/most fees going to the Fund.

BTW, if you have any idea regarding this, make sure to say!
Activity: 336
I was just thinking of a bit of a stunt I'm willing to do.
Get myself a mint for life tattoo (on the shoulder) Cool if people are willing sponsor me i will do it.

A few photo's of the tattoo art will definitely make some people see that this community is crazy strong, they will buy in a.s.a.p. Grin

I could set up an escrow account for this with someone people trust.

I'll throw a million in, but you better film the whole thing..... ROFL Cheesy

Jump to: