Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 495. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Perhaps you should re-read my comment and every comment I've ever made about BC on this thread or another, I hope you will see that the only animosity I have for Blackcoin stems from the fact that they have always had a hostile attitude towards Mintcoin. I am a supporter of both and I want to see them both succeed. I think the idea of coins working together towards a humanitarian cause is an amazing idea (it has always been a single coin in the past doing it for their own PR). This is what I am trying to say: if we want to form a coalition of coins (which is a great idea) it should not be centered around one coin and likewise it should not be funded by or the responsibility of primarily one coin. It should have its own thread, not associated with any particular coin. Otherwise, if Mintcoin is going to be the one responsible for funding and founding it- then clearly Mintcoin should be compensated for those efforts (it would only be fair).  And I am sorry, no matter what the circumstances I have a very hard time wrapping my head around Blackcoin benefiting from the Mintcoin premine after how much they have bashed it and potentially benefited from the slander by using it to convince people to buy into bc instead of mint (it would be beyond hypocritical). I am sure NobleCoin would be all for this cause, their motives seem very aligned with this idea. On the other hand, blackcoin's motives do not seem very aligned in any way (aside from the possibility of profit, I'm sure that is aligned with their motives and everybody's motives). They are currently purposely eating up coins like Noblecoin so that they can make theirs more valuable, and they seem to love it (yes I know Mint has a multipool too, but we don't gloat about how it is absorbing/killing other coins).

And I agree with you, I think we just misunderstood each others points

Sorry for being so abrasive and rude with my earlier response, it was completely uncalled for. I think it's time for me to take a break from the forums for a bit, it is easy to get carried away on here.
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
Some day i too can have a avatar and be like you.
Coins like mints ?

Well good luck with the project

Good luck on your new project and may you find it a wonderful place to work and grow
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Day 2, more mint paid out to everyone!  

Happy Mining

Do you auto-exchange BTC for MINT all throughout the day or only at a specific time?

That'd be part of the hashscows secret! Wink

but err...wouldn't entirely benefit the miners to do it all at once for a (likely) set price, if we could get it cheaper during other periods, certainly  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

Happy Mining

Do you auto-exchange BTC for MINT all throughout the day or only at a specific time?
Activity: 448
I've also been on hashcows for the past 36 hours and seems to be good profit thus far.  I just have not received any MINT yet (not that BTC is bad, but having hashcows buy MINT consistently is gonna drive the price up)

And yes before ppl say I'm lazy, I could cash out BTC and buy MINT, but I'd rahter hashcows get their process straight.

GO SIGN UP! https://www.hashco.ws

Even when you select Mint as the payout they still payout in BTC?

No, I haven't been paid out in anything yet as they only do the pay out once a day, but on my main page it has a "Confirmed Exchanged" balance for BTC (It's at about .002 BTC right now).  My assumption would be that since I requested MINT, that BTC value will be converted to MINT before cash out.

Again, only an assumption.  I have the request out to Hashcows right now for clarification.  Being so new, I think they just need to update the site to show how much MINT has been converted.

I'll update as it unfolds, but I am getting great value thus far.

Hi,  Hashcows Admin here.  Glad to see people trying us out.  The estimates are indeed just in BTC at this point, but rest assured you'll get mint come payout time.  We wanted to get this out the door and the important bits stress tested and ensured accurate.  We'll try and get proper estimated values in the currency your actually cashing out in, in the coming days. 

Happy Mining Smiley

Happy Mining

Anyway, we are working on the mintcoin manifesto atm. I won't be available tomorrow evening.

Thank you for all your hard work, David. It is greatly appreciated and I'm sorry if it ever appears otherwise.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Perhaps you should re-read my comment and every comment I've ever made about BC on this thread or another, I hope you will see that the only animosity I have for Blackcoin stems from the fact that they have always had a hostile attitude towards Mintcoin. I am a supporter of both and I want to see them both succeed. I think the idea of coins working together towards a humanitarian cause is an amazing idea (it has always been a single coin in the past doing it for their own PR). This is what I am trying to say: if we want to form a coalition of coins (which is a great idea) it should not be centered around one coin and likewise it should not be funded by or the responsibility of primarily one coin. It should have its own thread, not associated with any particular coin. Otherwise, if Mintcoin is going to be the one responsible for funding and founding it- then clearly Mintcoin should be compensated for those efforts (it would only be fair).  And I am sorry, no matter what the circumstances I have a very hard time wrapping my head around Blackcoin benefiting from the Mintcoin premine after how much they have bashed it and potentially benefited from the slander by using it to convince people to buy into bc instead of mint (it would be beyond hypocritical). I am sure NobleCoin would be all for this cause, their motives seem very aligned with this idea. On the other hand, blackcoin's motives do not seem very aligned in any way (aside from the possibility of profit, I'm sure that is aligned with their motives and everybody's motives). They are currently purposely eating up coins like Noblecoin so that they can make theirs more valuable, and they seem to love it (yes I know Mint has a multipool too, but we don't gloat about how it is absorbing/killing other coins).

And I agree with you, I think we just misunderstood each others points
Activity: 230
hey is anyone else having this issue - when I try to start batch files for [Suspicious link removed] it takes a reaaallly long time before they start mining. Like it will just hang there with the one line of text saying cgminer started or whatever but it won't start mining for... literally maybe 1-2 minutes. Sometimes it won't start at all and I have to close it, run the batch file, wait, close it, try again.... is this happening to anyone else?

If I run my other batch files for different pools they all start up and begin mining within seconds.

I don't mine at hashco, but what you describe is most likely "latency" caused by your location relevant to the hashco servers. This has happened to me while mining other coins in the past.
Activity: 126
Well, I've got over my initial disappointment but not toward you (or the mintoin community).
Fair enough. Good luck bro.
Activity: 182
hey is anyone else having this issue - when I try to start batch files for hashco.ws it takes a reaaallly long time before they start mining. Like it will just hang there with the one line of text saying cgminer started or whatever but it won't start mining for... literally maybe 1-2 minutes. Sometimes it won't start at all and I have to close it, run the batch file, wait, close it, try again.... is this happening to anyone else?

If I run my other batch files for different pools they all start up and begin mining within seconds.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
I think he got a little carried away with the idea without really thinking it out carefully.
Ther is a bit of that. My way of working is: when I see great people, I try to make them work together, because 1+1=3. Unfortunately, there are times when it cannot work. I truly believe than BC's massive firepower and mintcoin's ideal could mix well, I sincerely did.

Anyway, we are working on the mintcoin manifesto atm. I won't be available tomorrow evening.
Monero Core Team
David, I've already said my says, gotten over my initial disappointment, and am trying to work through your points logically. I am stuck on this word communautarist. The best I can find online in english is separatist. So is you statement saying that the blackcoin community want to isolate themselves? Or be a community and be more social? I don't know which - I haven't explored anything about blackcoin at all to date.
Thanks!
Well, I've got over my initial disappointment but not toward you (or the mintoin community). Look my previous post, I guess you'll understand against whom it is targeted.
Back to linguistics. I'm afraid I used a French word without much thought about what it could mean in English. "Communautarisme" in French is a pejorative word for people who don't want to mix with other, to the point of xenophobia, disdain or outright violence (including verbal violence). It seems the correct word in English is communitarianism.
What I meant is that I find their "you are either with us or against us" despicable. It is called black for a reason. The colour of the heart, and of pirate flag.

I am certainly overdoing it here. But not that much.
Says the guy with only Blackcoin in his sig.... If this project is to be initially funded and spearheaded by the Mintcoin premine and community, then the primary goal of the project should be to advance Mintcoin along side the humanitarian/environmental cause. If we want to form a coalition between multiple coins where all the coins are to be treated equally and given the same priority, then it will need to be formed by equal contributions from all of the coins involved. Blackcoin should not be allowed to ride the waves of our premine that it has always had so much fun defaming mintcoin with.

Such animosity towards Blackcoin, I care not for BC only it's value so I can make money from it so don't judge someones comments from what they have in their signature, really can you be more ignorant and judgemental?

If Mint goes solo with this idea then it will be doing nothing new or innovative and it will be an incredibly and time consuming project with little reward. One only needs look at Noble and the efforts the Dev and community goes to for such little reward to see how difficult this path is whilst keeping their moral integrity and never selling themselves out

If however the project is truly for a humanitarian cause then all ties to coins should be put aside and the only objective being to further the humanitarian objectives regardless of the coins involved and no consider for financial gain for a coin at all unless that financial gain serves to enhance the humanitarian goals! This is about charity, not business equal contributions should not matter.

And I'm sure if you asked Noble's dev Rofo about this project he would either be happy to join onboard in a coalition or at least offer some help to point you in the right direction because it's no easy task

Monero Core Team
Mercenaries. No deontology. I believe they are building up a reputation of ruthless parasites. That may backlash very fast.

As a reminder, humanity started to live longer once it decided to take care of old people (this was paleolithic, so old meant 30 years old). There is moral in this. Ruthlessness has a cost. Killing Noble will give a bad reputation.
Activity: 364
I don't really understand the rationale behind using MINT funding for a fund that is for anything other than promoting MINT myself.

I think he got a little carried away with the idea without really thinking it out carefully. 
Now if you excuse me, I have a foundation to set up. And since blackcoin has such a communautarist mentality, that will be a mintcoin foundation. The good news is that I won't have to change the bylaws.
David, I've already said my says, gotten over my initial disappointment, and am trying to work through your points logically. I am stuck on this word communautarist. The best I can find online in english is separatist. So is you statement saying that the blackcoin community want to isolate themselves? Or be a community and be more social? I don't know which - I haven't explored anything about blackcoin at all to date.
Thanks!

communitarian in english, i believe is the term he is looking for
Weird, then I'm even more confused about that sentence. If they are 'community like' then why the assertion it WOULD be a Mintcoin foundation, using communautarist as a reason for it?
AHHH! I just want to understand. I could break down and read Blackcoin rhetoric. I have nothing against any individual coin, per se, I just like Mintcoin a lot.
Activity: 364
Now if you excuse me, I have a foundation to set up. And since blackcoin has such a communautarist mentality, that will be a mintcoin foundation. The good news is that I won't have to change the bylaws.
Thanks!

communitarian in english, i believe is the term he is looking for
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
We need an ideological manifest for the fundation
Good idea. I propose a collaborative writing here: Mintcoin Fund Manifesto
On it!
Are you as excited as I am! That will be great!

Bonne nuit (good night)
[/quote]

I told you, im 1.000%  working on helping cryptocurrency get to the people.
All my work now is crypto related, im raising funds to make an incubator of this tech on Venezuela. Mining and services related.

And i Love mint cuz i now was a fair coin, im minting since block 250 never have an issue with the coin, its the only coin i know that have nerver forked!
is a beauty piece of software.

im here to serve and to help.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
I also vote to keeping Project F for Mintcoin development only.
I have nothing against other altcoins but the proposed change in the Foundation sounds like it's to benefit other coins at the cost of Mint's pre-mine, which we are constantly being put in bad light for having. This is sure to bring on doubts from the Mintcoin community as to what ulterior motives are behind such change of mind.
Other altcoin communities need to come up with their own initiatives, much like we did despite all the trolls and collapsing of the coin value. We held on during the hard times and thanks to such a great community we are starting to see some positive returns.
Thanks!
Jump to: