Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 509. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
To The Moon!
Does this coin only stake every 1 year?
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
Multipool launched!!

I'm happy to announce, that http://hashco.ws has now launched its 'Get Paid in MintCoin' option to the pool. Sign Up, and head on over to 'Account Settings' where you'll see the option of changing from the standard BTC payout option to MINT.
Our pool also has the unique option of being able to keep other altcoins we mine as well, should you so choose. We welcome all the members of the mint community who wish to give us a shot. Please feel free to join us on irc. Freenode / #hashcows Its in a bit of a beta these first few days, as we work out any kinks with the mint payouts specifically, however the pool itself has been operational for more than 6 months now. MINT payouts will happen between 03:30 - 04:00 GMT daily.
For the time being, there is no additional fee for being paid out in MINT vs. BTC
Happy Mining

+13 Mh/s for MINT
Multipool launched!!

I'm happy to announce, that http://hashco.ws has now launched its 'Get Paid in MintCoin' option to the pool. Sign Up, and head on over to 'Account Settings' where you'll see the option of changing from the standard BTC payout option to MINT.
Our pool also has the unique option of being able to keep other altcoins we mine as well, should you so choose. We welcome all the members of the mint community who wish to give us a shot. Please feel free to join us on irc. Freenode / #hashcows Its in a bit of a beta these first few days, as we work out any kinks with the mint payouts specifically, however the pool itself has been operational for more than 6 months now. MINT payouts will happen between 03:30 - 04:00 GMT daily.
For the time being, there is no additional fee for being paid out in MINT vs. BTC
Happy Mining
Activity: 111
    So much positive activity going on with this coin! Very exciting stuff  Cheesy
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
I plan to provide an update on the status of the Android wallet weekly until such time as the bounty is removed.  I've completed all of the cosmetic and translation work in the wallet.  I've begun work in the mintcoinj library.  As thisisit mentioned, this portion is slow going but progress is being made.  I have made the code changes to allow outgoing peer connections on the main mintcoin network.  Currently I'm working through some protocol & deserialization exceptions attempting to download the blockchain.  Any updates to the mintcoin wiki in the form of protocol specifications and testnet configurations (if any) would be greatly appreciated.  Keep checking the URL of my original post for updated screenshots.

Oh wow. That's great news! From what I understand this is fairly substantial technical undertaking. I applaud your efforts!  Cheesy

Don't forget the link  Wink

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwpkXqmxmdGScm9lb21pTXhuS00&usp=sharing

Also very great news Smiley
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
I'm happy to announce, that http://hashco.ws has now launched a 'Get Paid in MintCoin' option to the pool.  Sign Up, and head on over to 'Account Settings' where you'll see the option of changing from the standard BTC payout option to MINT.  

Our pool also has the unique option of being able to keep other altcoins we mine as well, should you so choose.  We welcome all the members of the mint community who wish to give us a shot. Please feel free to join us on irc.  Freenode / #hashcows  Its in a bit of a beta these first few days, as we work out any kinks with the mint payouts specifically, however the pool itself has been operational for more than 6 months now.   MINT payouts will happen between 03:30 - 04:00 GMT daily.

For the time being, there is no additional fee for being paid out in MINT vs. BTC,

Happy Mining Smiley

Great news! Bumping it to the front  Grin
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
Overall, imo, Blackcoin looks very highly manipulated to me, price isn't everything, and it could be that it is wolong or 1-2 persons that own like 50% of the coins and is trading with himself to artificially inflate the trading volume and prices. Why would BC have a higher market cap than mintcoin with 3x-6x smaller community? Smells of pump manipulation to me.

I think the higher BC marketcap shows more affulent speculators are vested in large holdings BC compared to MINT. The 5-week PoW stage vs 1-week for BC ensured far better distribution, as did MINT's lower price of entry. It's sort of like 50% of the entire wealth of the US is held by 1% of the population. I think the 20% stake of MINT is also viewed as inflation of an already far greater supply of currency.

All coins are already in circulation though. It's like saying, "hey we're done! Come buy our coin, it's better than bitcoin!"

It's just funny to me, lol, I mean literally funny.
From a purely currency perspective, MINT is a far more sustainable concept IMO. However I do think MINT may have shot themselves in the foot by incorporating such large stake percentages for the initial years into an already inflated money supply. A flat 5% seems more reasonable and it's a figure people can relate to. 20% seems like a banana republic style inflation rate.

You mean like the clothing store? HA!

Seriously though, I think in a more established market that rate would be high, but I feel it was needed to bring in people new to crypto. People like me. I could be wrong, just have to wait and see. I'm guessing you hold both, which seems like a smart play.

I'm happy to announce, that http://hashco.ws has now launched a 'Get Paid in MintCoin' option to the pool.  Sign Up, and head on over to 'Account Settings' where you'll see the option of changing from the standard BTC payout option to MINT.  

Our pool also has the unique option of being able to keep other altcoins we mine as well, should you so choose.  We welcome all the members of the mint community who wish to give us a shot. Please feel free to join us on irc.  Freenode / #hashcows  Its in a bit of a beta these first few days, as we work out any kinks with the mint payouts specifically, however the pool itself has been operational for more than 6 months now.   MINT payouts will happen between 03:30 - 04:00 GMT daily.

For the time being, there is no additional fee for being paid out in MINT vs. BTC,

Happy Mining Smiley

Got to keep this up front

Yes, I own both. I got in late with MINT, missing the first 2 weeks of the PoW stage. Bought in at the high of 60 sat, though more in the 15-25 range. No worries, I like MINT and in the long run I'm pretty confident it'll turn out well, just may take a while to get there. I did get in BC from the start and needless to say, I'm very happy with how that's turned out. At this stage MINT seems like the better bargain of the two by far.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Na, I think it's ok to talk about other coins in our own thread, but I don't want to sink to their level. We don't have to because our coin has a solid foundation. It will grow organically. No pesticides needed  Smiley

haha I'm just kidding I wouldn't either I love our community I think there's some real stand up people here
legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

Our pool also has the unique option of being able to keep other altcoins we mine as well, should you so choose.  We welcome all the members of the mint community who wish to give us a shot. Please feel free to join us on irc.  Freenode / #hashcows  Its in a bit of a beta these first few days, as we work out any kinks with the mint payouts specifically, however the pool itself has been operational for more than 6 months now.   MINT payouts will happen between 03:30 - 04:00 GMT daily.

Happy Mining Smiley

Great to hear, time to mine some MINTCOINS Smiley
Na, I think it's ok to talk about other coins in our own thread, but I don't want to sink to their level. We don't have to because our coin has a solid foundation. It will grow organically. No pesticides needed  Smiley
Every time they are getting ready to p&D they stop in.. so nice to have guests

It's just like the markets, but instead of sell/buy it's FUD\INSPIRE

Yup you can go look at mintpal now and see what happens after they stop by. It's important that other Mint holders see the marketing tactics. Maybe we can use them in the future?

It's just like the markets, but instead of sell/buy it's FUD\INSPIRE
Overall, imo, Blackcoin looks very highly manipulated to me, price isn't everything, and it could be that it is wolong or 1-2 persons that own like 50% of the coins and is trading with himself to artificially inflate the trading volume and prices. Why would BC have a higher market cap than mintcoin with 3x-6x smaller community? Smells of pump manipulation to me.

I think the higher BC marketcap shows more affulent speculators are vested in large holdings BC compared to MINT. The 5-week PoW stage vs 1-week for BC ensured far better distribution, as did MINT's lower price of entry. It's sort of like 50% of the entire wealth of the US is held by 1% of the population. I think the 20% stake of MINT is also viewed as inflation of an already far greater supply of currency.

All coins are already in circulation though. It's like saying, "hey we're done! Come buy our coin, it's better than bitcoin!"

From a purely currency perspective, MINT is a far more sustainable concept IMO. However I do think MINT may have shot themselves in the foot by incorporating such large stake percentages for the initial years into an already inflated money supply. A flat 5% seems more reasonable and it's a figure people can relate to. 20% seems like a banana republic style inflation rate.

You mean like the clothing store? HA!

Seriously though, I think in a more established market that rate would be high, but I feel it was needed to bring in people new to crypto. People like me. I could be wrong, just have to wait and see. I'm guessing you hold both, which seems like a smart play.

Happy Mining Smiley

Got to keep this up front
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1022

Our pool also has the unique option of being able to keep other altcoins we mine as well, should you so choose.  We welcome all the members of the mint community who wish to give us a shot. Please feel free to join us on irc.  Freenode / #hashcows  Its in a bit of a beta these first few days, as we work out any kinks with the mint payouts specifically, however the pool itself has been operational for more than 6 months now.   MINT payouts will happen between 03:30 - 04:00 GMT daily.

Happy Mining Smiley

Cool. I guess I'll get paid in MINT for a few days to add some buy pressure to MINT.
Activity: 12
woo - mining rig is pointing to Hashcows Smiley
Pool currently at 1461 MH for reference.

Happy Mining Smiley

Checks out  Smiley
Jump to: