Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 511. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Hey guys, why should I prefer Mintcoin over Blackcoin? Any ideas? What is the difference?

Considering Blackcoin's rise ... I think Mintcoin is much more undervalued right now.

That & it pays 20% interest vs. 1% interest of Blackcoin...

Blackcoin seems to be exploding, but most of it is psychological. If you were to double Mintcoin's current price we would be at 32 satoshi, and have a higher market cap than BC has at the moment. A 16 satoshi move could happen in minutes when you consider the true value of Mint.

-20% interest for people who buy now. That's 200k extra coins if you buy 1 million.
-multipools that pay out in mint coming online
-android wallet soon
-Environmental fund established
-Added to Vault of Satoshi
-First coin to go from proof of work to proof of stake

I know there is more, but I'm tired at the moment.  Cheesy
-Mintcoin is a better name
-Mintcoin had a better PoW distribution and currently has at least 3x-6x bigger community (based on reddit subscribers 800/250 and facebook 1000/155)
-Better security as Mintcoin is still a hybrid PoW/PoS for which enhances the security of the network.

Overall, imo, Blackcoin looks very highly manipulated to me, price isn't everything, and it could be that it is wolong or 1-2 persons that own like 50% of the coins and is trading with himself to artificially inflate the trading volume and prices. Why would BC have a higher market cap than mintcoin with 3x-6x smaller community? Smells of pump manipulation to me.

Yup, and don't forget that Mintcoin already has much, much more infrastructure in place. See sig, I am a MINT and BC supporter but I think MINT has more potential in the long run. BC excites but also scares me... I'm having a hard time believing its current price is organic, and I still don't understand how it protects against attack forks as a pure PoS system (somebody plz explain if they can).

Your radar is correct. Wolong has his greasy fingers all over it. It was Wolong's dev afterall.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Hey guys, why should I prefer Mintcoin over Blackcoin? Any ideas? What is the difference?

Considering Blackcoin's rise ... I think Mintcoin is much more undervalued right now.

Blackcoin seems to be exploding, but most of it is psychological. If you were to double Mintcoin's current price we would be at 32 satoshi, and have a higher market cap than BC has at the moment. A 16 satoshi move could happen in minutes when you consider the true value of Mint.

-20% interest for people who buy now. That's 200k extra coins if you buy 1 million.
-android wallet soon

-Mintcoin had a better PoW distribution and currently has at least 3x-6x bigger community (based on reddit subscribers 800/250 and facebook 1000/155)
-Better security as Mintcoin is still a hybrid PoW/PoS for which enhances the security of the network.

Overall, imo, Blackcoin looks very highly manipulated to me, price isn't everything, and it could be that it is wolong or 1-2 persons that own like 50% of the coins and is trading with himself to artificially inflate the trading volume and prices. Why would BC have a higher market cap than mintcoin with 3x-6x smaller community? Smells of pump manipulation to me.

Yup, and don't forget that Mintcoin already has much, much more infrastructure in place. See sig, I am a MINT and BC supporter but I think MINT has more potential in the long run. BC excites but also scares me... I'm having a hard time believing its current price is organic, and I still don't understand how it protects against attack forks as a pure PoS system (somebody plz explain if they can).
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I agree it's an ongoing pump n dump with the top holder/s getting a larger market share with each dump and buyback
Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some

-android wallet soon

Re: Charities and More Advertising for Mintcoin (getting the word out and enhancing distribution)

I think we should all contact charities and non-profits and some political parties we trust as well and ask them to accept Mintcoin. This will help their causes and as a side effect, those who frequent the websites of those charities will see Mintcoin Accepted. This serves as free advertising and awareness. It also adds further credibility to Mintcoins because legitimate charities accept Mintcoins. It is a synergistic relationship. We scratch their backs, and they scratch ours and tell us we are beautiful people.

Bump to this letter I wrote to get more businesses involved:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5857852

Feel free to use this letter and print it off and send it off to businesses in your area. Modify it as you see fit.

You may wish to tweak it a bit and send it off to charities and non-profits (NGOs, activists, etc.). They seem really responsive to new methods of receiving payment. Ask them to add "Mintcoin Accepted" to their charity homepage. Tell them you'd be the first to make a donation and link their page here so that the community will donate as well via Mintcoin.

moderndezigns

Crindon thank you for working on the letter I appreciate it!
You're welcome, glad to help out.
Activity: 56

Feel free to use this letter and print it off and send it off to businesses in your area. Modify it as you see fit.

You may wish to tweak it a bit and send it off to charities and non-profits (NGOs, activists, etc.). They seem really responsive to new methods of receiving payment. Ask them to add "Mintcoin Accepted" to their charity homepage. Tell them you'd be the first to make a donation and link their page here so that the community will donate as well via Mintcoin.

http://i59.tinypic.com/wcdefm.png

moderndezigns

Crindon thank you for working on the letter I appreciate it!
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
Someone else mentioned this bug last week, and I've been chasing it since. Completed fixing it today, submitted a patch to devs just a couple of hours ago. Probably it'll be included in the next release.

edit: I thought I should give more information. Balance displayed on UI was correct. Balance displayed when calling "getbalance" by itself was correct. The commands "getbalance *", "getbalance ""   ", "getbalance accountname", "listaccounts" had some problems, their outputs were inconsistent with each other and UI's shown balance. The inconsistencies occured only on minted transactions

I might have found a bug (I am trying to find out why seemingly only one small part of my coins are used for minting. That's when I found this.)

When I go into the console, and type

listaccounts  or
getbalance "accountname"

then the balances I get are not the balances
but some other number.

Example: Look at this address
http://mintcoin-explorer.info/address/MfAs6pvNE1NWj9ddyaikW4gsDxsexBF3Vp

listaccounts  or
getbalance "accountname"

does not show  1440.394655
 but instead it says 1424.418765

- WHICH WAS THE BALANCE, BUT ONE MONTH AGO!

Some of my other addresses show similiar behaviour, in general, the shown balance is too high.

This address was successfully used for minting once:
http://mintcoin-explorer.info/tx/d590229e77acccb24270cf65e7acb261fde00ea280483971c8891fe24e3339c6

(Please quote/PM me when you answer, so that I can use search. I can impossibly read this whole forum noise.)

Activity: 616
Merit: 251
Vault of Satoshi has just announced that Mintcoin will be added in April along with some other coins.

They are also going to be adding coin to coin trading to eliminate the going through BTC step...this is all great news

This is very good news indeed. I wish VoS still operated in the USA :/

Adam from VoS has told me they are actively working on getting back to the USA market, it will just take some time.

Hope will be soon
Activity: 230
Vault of Satoshi has just announced that Mintcoin will be added in April along with some other coins.

They are also going to be adding coin to coin trading to eliminate the going through BTC step...this is all great news

This is very good news indeed. I wish VoS still operated in the USA :/

Adam from VoS has told me they are actively working on getting back to the USA market, it will just take some time.
Activity: 453
you should give him 10-20 million at least if succeeds.

note that this is also a step for any multibit.

That's why I would like to know. I've no idea what an Android Wallet is worth but as I asked about 2 weeks ago, if we new what the actual number was, it would have allowed others to shop the project around. There's a good possibility we might have had a wallet by now.

I do see where it says there is a bounty, but I've never seen where it says how much.

David, you are obviously in constant contact with the developers, what do they say is the bounty for the Android Wallet? Has there been some reason this has been kept from the community? Just wondering.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Banned: For Your Protection
Wow! If I post in the wrong thread (tab) one more time - I'm going to quit using the internet! I feel like I used to back in the 90's using mIRC! Arg!
Activity: 14
EarnCryptoCoins
172097 MINT already claimed!
4600+ members/1600+ claiming MINT every hour!
29000+ claims/4100+ transactions done!
Join now and get your free MintCoins!

MintCoin Faucet
Pays from 1.00 to 2.00 MINT per hour.
10% referral earnings.
Payouts are done automatically every day.

DONATIONS
MpQGfDALDc668HLN4x3RLGx313Wg53ozTA

(After donating PM us with TXID, short title(40 chars maximum) and a link so we can publish them in the donations sections on coin page)

MintCoin Raffle
Tickets 100 MINT each.
Draw every 12 hours.
1% house edge to support raffle and faucet.
Activity: 224
you should give him 10-20 million at least if succeeds.

note that this is also a step for any multibit.
Activity: 453
I plan to provide an update on the status of the Android wallet weekly until such time as the bounty is removed.  I've completed all of the cosmetic and translation work in the wallet.  I've begun work in the mintcoinj library.  As thisisit mentioned, this portion is slow going but progress is being made.  I have made the code changes to allow outgoing peer connections on the main mintcoin network.  Currently I'm working through some protocol & deserialization exceptions attempting to download the blockchain.  Any updates to the mintcoin wiki in the form of protocol specifications and testnet configurations (if any) would be greatly appreciated.  Keep checking the URL of my original post for updated screenshots.

This is encouraging, thanks for the update.
What is the current bounty (amount) for the Android App. I've yet to see it anywhere.

Thanks.
Activity: 126

Thanks Crindon. I sent it to sauce4coins.com. They should totally add Mintcoin to their list of accepted coins!

moderndezigns
Activity: 224
I plan to provide an update on the status of the Android wallet weekly until such time as the bounty is removed.  I've completed all of the cosmetic and translation work in the wallet.  I've begun work in the mintcoinj library.  As thisisit mentioned, this portion is slow going but progress is being made.  I have made the code changes to allow outgoing peer connections on the main mintcoin network.  Currently I'm working through some protocol & deserialization exceptions attempting to download the blockchain.  Any updates to the mintcoin wiki in the form of protocol specifications and testnet configurations (if any) would be greatly appreciated.  Keep checking the URL of my original post for updated screenshots.

you can read the code of the mintcoin-qt on github. all information is in there. most of the things you ask are in main.cpp, main.h and bitcoinrpc.cpp.

i doubt a public testnet is running. but i could be wrong.
Activity: 126
Beyond awesome bro!
Activity: 210

I don't know what most of that means, but AWESOME nonetheless!

Here's the link for people who want to see what you've done so far:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwpkXqmxmdGScm9lb21pTXhuS00&usp=sharing
Jump to: