Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 510. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I'm happy to announce, that [Suspicious link removed] has now launched a 'Get Paid in MintCoin' option to the pool.  Sign Up, and head on over to 'Account Settings' where you'll see the option of changing from the standard BTC payout option to MINT.  

Our pool also has the unique option of being able to keep other altcoins we mine as well, should you so choose.  We welcome all the members of the mint community who wish to give us a shot. Please feel free to join us on irc.  Freenode / #hashcows  Its in a bit of a beta these first few days, as we work out any kinks with the mint payouts specifically, however the pool itself has been operational for more than 6 months now.   MINT payouts will happen between 03:30 - 04:00 GMT daily.

For the time being, there is no additional fee for being paid out in MINT vs. BTC,

Happy Mining Smiley

Thanks Hashcow happy to hear!
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Thanks for stopping by.. Please like the Mintcoin Facebook page!  https://www.facebook.com/MintCoin
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
I'm happy to announce, that http://hashco.ws has now launched a 'Get Paid in MintCoin' option to the pool.  Sign Up, and head on over to 'Account Settings' where you'll see the option of changing from the standard BTC payout option to MINT.  

Our pool also has the unique option of being able to keep other altcoins we mine as well, should you so choose.  We welcome all the members of the mint community who wish to give us a shot. Please feel free to join us on irc.  Freenode / #hashcows  Its in a bit of a beta these first few days, as we work out any kinks with the mint payouts specifically, however the pool itself has been operational for more than 6 months now.   MINT payouts will happen between 03:30 - 04:00 GMT daily.

For the time being, there is no additional fee for being paid out in MINT vs. BTC,

Happy Mining Smiley
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Is this the BlackCoin thread?? ... I just read the last page and it's all about BlackCoin.

Did you learn anything? lol

Yes, that BlackCoin is a hot topic and being talked about everywhere.. which is increasing it's reach. I came here to learn about Mintcoin.. now once again.. my interest in BlackCoin has overshadowed that.

But thanks anyway..
Activity: 686
Merit: 252
www.cd3d.app
Is this the BlackCoin thread?? ... I just read the last page and it's all about BlackCoin.

no need for this sarcasm.

mintcoin is not enemy of any other coin.

mintcoin is first Pos/Pow coin with a healthy community.

Did you learn anything?

Edit: removed lol
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I plan to provide an update on the status of the Android wallet weekly until such time as the bounty is removed.  I've completed all of the cosmetic and translation work in the wallet.  I've begun work in the mintcoinj library.  As thisisit mentioned, this portion is slow going but progress is being made.  I have made the code changes to allow outgoing peer connections on the main mintcoin network.  Currently I'm working through some protocol & deserialization exceptions attempting to download the blockchain.  Any updates to the mintcoin wiki in the form of protocol specifications and testnet configurations (if any) would be greatly appreciated.  Keep checking the URL of my original post for updated screenshots.

Oh wow. That's great news! From what I understand this is fairly substantial technical undertaking. I applaud your efforts!  Cheesy

Don't forget the link  Wink

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwpkXqmxmdGScm9lb21pTXhuS00&usp=sharing
Activity: 364
Here's a link to a PDF I made that helps explain the minting process of Mintcoin.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h6nu7aa3rmg56hv/Minting%20Instructions.pdf

That's pretty good. Thanks for for making that!  Cheesy
Overall, imo, Blackcoin looks very highly manipulated to me, price isn't everything, and it could be that it is wolong or 1-2 persons that own like 50% of the coins and is trading with himself to artificially inflate the trading volume and prices. Why would BC have a higher market cap than mintcoin with 3x-6x smaller community? Smells of pump manipulation to me.

I think the higher BC marketcap shows more affulent speculators are vested in large holdings BC compared to MINT. The 5-week PoW stage vs 1-week for BC ensured far better distribution, as did MINT's lower price of entry. It's sort of like 50% of the entire wealth of the US is held by 1% of the population. I think the 20% stake of MINT is also viewed as inflation of an already far greater supply of currency.

All coins are already in circulation though. It's like saying, "hey we're done! Come buy our coin, it's better than bitcoin!"

It's just funny to me, lol, I mean literally funny.
Activity: 364
I plan to provide an update on the status of the Android wallet weekly until such time as the bounty is removed.  I've completed all of the cosmetic and translation work in the wallet.  I've begun work in the mintcoinj library.  As thisisit mentioned, this portion is slow going but progress is being made.  I have made the code changes to allow outgoing peer connections on the main mintcoin network.  Currently I'm working through some protocol & deserialization exceptions attempting to download the blockchain.  Any updates to the mintcoin wiki in the form of protocol specifications and testnet configurations (if any) would be greatly appreciated.  Keep checking the URL of my original post for updated screenshots.

Oh wow. That's great news! From what I understand this is fairly substantial technical undertaking. I applaud your efforts!  Cheesy
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
Overall, imo, Blackcoin looks very highly manipulated to me, price isn't everything, and it could be that it is wolong or 1-2 persons that own like 50% of the coins and is trading with himself to artificially inflate the trading volume and prices. Why would BC have a higher market cap than mintcoin with 3x-6x smaller community? Smells of pump manipulation to me.

I think the higher BC marketcap shows more affulent speculators are vested in large holdings BC compared to MINT. The 5-week PoW stage vs 1-week for BC ensured far better distribution, as did MINT's lower price of entry. It's sort of like 50% of the entire wealth of the US is held by 1% of the population. I think the 20% stake of MINT is also viewed as inflation of an already far greater supply of currency.
As soon as the small guys can't afford to buy any more BC the whales will exit the market, crashing the price and leave everyone holding the bag.

Mint has already shown it has holders who won't sell, having never fallen below 10 sat. These people know they can hold the coin and continue to make money. They know future buyers will feel the same. This allows Mint to weather storms of sideways trading without tanking.

Can the same be said for BC? I don't think so, I guess time will tell.

I don't know about this wolong business, though it's funny I guess.

Has anybody besides me made the connection of "woo" Long" - as in- I'm going to woo long investors into buying my crap coin.
Activity: 230
It's this guy:

I wait patiently for the day that Blackcoin comes crashing down and people are left looking and wondering WTF just happened...
Activity: 434
I don't understand BC at all. People are effectively buying into a finite supply. 1% a year growth won't effect the market at all, so really all coins are already in circulation. So what's the point? What's special about the coin?

How is it different from nxt? I think people have the mistaken impression that they will see new coins in their wallet. If you buy 1000 coins and hold them for a year you'll gain 10 blackcoins. 10.

Contrast that with mint where 1000 will give you 200. Seeing more than 10 coins every 20 days.

People see the artificial price is what they see.

Yup nothing but good old fashion market manipulation..
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
I don't understand BC at all. People are effectively buying into a finite supply. 1% a year growth won't effect the market at all, so really all coins are already in circulation. So what's the point? What's special about the coin?

How is it different from nxt? I think people have the mistaken impression that they will see new coins in their wallet. If you buy 1000 coins and hold them for a year you'll gain 10 blackcoins. 10.

Contrast that with mint where 1000 will give you 200. Seeing more than 10 coins every 20 days.

People see the artificial price is what they see.
Activity: 230
Here's a link to a PDF I made that helps explain the minting process of Mintcoin.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h6nu7aa3rmg56hv/Minting%20Instructions.pdf

Jump to: