Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 512. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I plan to provide an update on the status of the Android wallet weekly until such time as the bounty is removed.  I've completed all of the cosmetic and translation work in the wallet.  I've begun work in the mintcoinj library.  As thisisit mentioned, this portion is slow going but progress is being made.  I have made the code changes to allow outgoing peer connections on the main mintcoin network.  Currently I'm working through some protocol & deserialization exceptions attempting to download the blockchain.  Any updates to the mintcoin wiki in the form of protocol specifications and testnet configurations (if any) would be greatly appreciated.  Keep checking the URL of my original post for updated screenshots.

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Hey guys, why should I prefer Mintcoin over Blackcoin? Any ideas? What is the difference?

Considering Blackcoin's rise ... I think Mintcoin is much more undervalued right now.

That & it pays 20% interest vs. 1% interest of Blackcoin...

Blackcoin seems to be exploding, but most of it is psychological. If you were to double Mintcoin's current price we would be at 32 satoshi, and have a higher market cap than BC has at the moment. A 16 satoshi move could happen in minutes when you consider the true value of Mint.

-20% interest for people who buy now. That's 200k extra coins if you buy 1 million.
-multipools that pay out in mint coming online
-android wallet soon
-Environmental fund established
-Added to Vault of Satoshi
-First coin to go from proof of work to proof of stake

I know there is more, but I'm tired at the moment.  Cheesy
Vault of Satoshi has just announced that Mintcoin will be added in April along with some other coins.

They are also going to be adding coin to coin trading to eliminate the going through BTC step...this is all great news

This is a BIG deal! Vault of Satoshi gets a lot of mainstream attention, and we are one of only 5 coins to be added in April. We are the only one to pay interest, and the only one that is proof of stake.

Also mentioned on the Vault of Satoshi facebook page, additional fiat currencies will be added soon- including the Euro!

This community has done a great job getting Mintcoin off the ground Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002
Hey guys, why should I prefer Mintcoin over Blackcoin? Any ideas? What is the difference?

Considering Blackcoin's rise ... I think Mintcoin is much more undervalued right now.

That & it pays 20% interest vs. 1% interest of Blackcoin...
Activity: 224
Are you think about multipool for Mintcoin !? It will be very nice - the price will rise , then more people will be interested in Mintcoin and then the price will go even higher. What about that ?

A lot of miners are eager for a multipool. There was one last week and when it went online, the hashrate exploded. It surpassed Dogecoin. There were issues and it is being relaunched. So far, there are two or three that will be online really soon. Stay tuned! The distribution of Mintcoin will increase to reach more and more people and a massive price jump will be a side effect to this.

probably a pool, when much used, will create constant buy pressure, if done right and properly.

blackcoin seems to be doing quite well.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Vault of Satoshi has just announced that Mintcoin will be added in April along with some other coins.

They are also going to be adding coin to coin trading to eliminate the going through BTC step...this is all great news

This is very good news indeed. I wish VoS still operated in the USA :/
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Are you think about multipool for Mintcoin !? It will be very nice - the price will rise , then more people will be interested in Mintcoin and then the price will go even higher. What about that ?

A lot of miners are eager for a multipool. There was one last week and when it went online, the hashrate exploded. It surpassed Dogecoin. There were issues and it is being relaunched. So far, there are two or three that will be online really soon. Stay tuned! The distribution of Mintcoin will increase to reach more and more people and a massive price jump will be a side effect to this.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
hm
Hey guys, why should I prefer Mintpalcoin over Blackcoin? Any ideas? What is the difference?

Mintcoin gives 20% interest in the first year, then 15%, then 10%, then 5% for subsequent years. Blackcoin gives 1%. Mintcoin has a much stronger community and infrastructure and continues to grow and improve. Psychologically, Mintcoin is a much better coin because of the name and greenness associated with it. It sounds legitimate. Many members have remarked that their girlfriend/wives didn't like altcoins, but wanted to get involved with Mintcoin. I don't like the sound of Blackcoin because it seems to be associated with the Black Market. I am not saying that it is involved, just that it sounds like it. Mintcoin also has a nice gustatory association to it that plays well psychologically and I believe this helps people come onboard with Mintcoin more than others.

that sounds good. I bought a few because I think it's undervalued right now. I think 3mio. is no big deal.
Activity: 364
dump will be inevitable... it will happen eventually. you can stall it by not putting up too high volume buys @ 15,16,17
How is the other coin?

not so great in terms of price... but working on many things Smiley

Leafcoin, was my first coin  Cheesy  I've recently seen the price rise a little. Would buy a few million leafs when I get the chance.
Activity: 230

Activity: 434
Hey guys, why should I prefer Mintpal over Blackcoin? Any ideas? What is the difference?

Mintcoin gives 20% interest in the first year, then 15%, then 10%, then 5% for subsequent years. Blackcoin gives 1%. Mintcoin has a much stronger community and infrastructure and continues to grow and improve. Psychologically, Mintcoin is a much better coin because of the name and greenness associated with it. It sounds legitimate. Many members have remarked that their girlfriend/wives didn't like altcoins, but wanted to get involved with Mintcoin. I don't like the sound of Blackcoin because it seems to be associated with the Black Market. I am not saying that it is involved, just that it sounds like it. Mintcoin also has a nice gustatory association to it that plays well psychologically and I believe this helps people come onboard with Mintcoin more than others.
Activity: 364
While I do believe in MintCoin, I do believe some of us need to get a grip on reality and just KNOW the chances of this coin heading north of a dollar, or heck even a quarter are quite slim.

However,  This coin does have the properties and features to differentiate itself from most of the other cryptojunk "currencies" (as I affectionately call them) that are out there at this time.  So I do believe this coin will start to gain sme traction and rise in value.  So there definitely is the possibility of making money, and good money at that.  But the chances of someone here becoming a billionaire off of this coin is well, quite stupid to be blunt about it.  We already know  millionaires are possible though! If even only a couple of us.

Dont get me wrong - I pray like hell I'm wrong and wake up one day to see the coins I have in cold storage on a few drives are suddenly worth a million bucks, but I'm not exactly holding my breath.  (though with that statement I have to say this is the only coin I wasn't able to do that with because of the whole minting thing)

I can't wait to see where we end up though, that's for sure!

Cant wait for the "expert opinion from a guy with 3 posts" type comments.... Tongue  I'm just basically asking for people to be a little more realistic at times.  Otherwise when people do research to see if this is something they want to pursue, when they come across posts that sound like they started somewhere along the lines of "Star light, star bright..." - they are just going to blow us off as a joke.  And while we can say, well then its their loss - they are the dumb ones for not investing.... yada yada yada.... lets face it folks... their money and buying into things is just as effective as yours!  And their willingness to buy at whatever price because they have not yet learned to look for the right things as a season cryptojunkie might just help when your waiting for the next opportune time to buy.  At the end of the day - we need as much money into a given market/coin to get things going in the right direction, gain more and more traction and popularity to take whatever coin it is that the public decides is "the one" to that global financial solution.  And lets face it - I dont think Bitcoin is it, and who knows if "that coin" has even been created yet.  

But I do think something like MintCoin is going to be that solution Mining something like Bitcoin is just not going to be "it".  Look at the power useage.  Lets not even get started on the storage of the blockchain 5 years from now or if it was really and seriously adopted on a global scale.  I still think the blockchain itself is what needs the work to make it all work.  I dont know if some form of centralization is ultimately going to be the pill we have to swallow - even if it is "owned" on a cooperative basis so its not one person or entity that owns it - but an entire population of people to keep that independent from the government and big banks feeing still fully intact.

Done ranting, and sorry if it sounds like it doesn't belong here.  But I do believe it is something that needs to be said here because of the dreaming I often read around here.

Here's to hopin'!!!

You bring many good points. At least I think so, because it is very similar to what i think.  Smiley
Activity: 165
Hey guys, why should I prefer Mintpal over Blackcoin? Any ideas? What is the difference?

Psychologically, would you rather have 1% interest annually or 20%? It's Mintcoin not Mintpal, I'm sure it's just a mental slip up.
Activity: 165
While I do believe in MintCoin, I do believe some of us need to get a grip on reality and just KNOW the chances of this coin heading north of a dollar, or heck even a quarter are quite slim.

However,  This coin does have the properties and features to differentiate itself from most of the other cryptojunk "currencies" (as I affectionately call them) that are out there at this time.  So I do believe this coin will start to gain sme traction and rise in value.  So there definitely is the possibility of making money, and good money at that.  But the chances of someone here becoming a billionaire off of this coin is well, quite stupid to be blunt about it.  We already know  millionaires are possible though! If even only a couple of us.

Dont get me wrong - I pray like hell I'm wrong and wake up one day to see the coins I have in cold storage on a few drives are suddenly worth a million bucks, but I'm not exactly holding my breath.  (though with that statement I have to say this is the only coin I wasn't able to do that with because of the whole minting thing)

Cant wait for the "expert opinion from a guy with 3 posts" type comments.... Tongue  I'm just basically asking for people to be a little more realistic at times.  Otherwise when people do research to see if this is something they want to pursue, when they come across posts that sound like they started somewhere along the lines of "Star light, star bright..." - they are just going to blow us off as a joke.  And while we can say, well then its their loss - they are the dumb ones for not investing.... yada yada yada.... lets face it folks... their money and buying into things is just as effective as yours!  And their willingness to buy at whatever price because they have not yet learned to look for the right things as a season cryptojunkie might just help when your waiting for the next opportune time to buy.  At the end of the day - we need as much money into a given market/coin to get things going in the right direction, gain more and more traction and popularity to take whatever coin it is that the public decides is "the one" to that global financial solution.  And lets face it - I dont think Bitcoin is it, and who knows if "that coin" has even been created yet.  

But I do think something like MintCoin is going to be that solution Mining something like Bitcoin is just not going to be "it".  Look at the power useage.  Lets not even get started on the storage of the blockchain 5 years from now or if it was really and seriously adopted on a global scale.  I still think the blockchain itself is what needs the work to make it all work.  I dont know if some form of centralization is ultimately going to be the pill we have to swallow - even if it is "owned" on a cooperative basis so its not one person or entity that owns it - but an entire population of people to keep that independent from the government and big banks feeing still fully intact.

Done ranting, and sorry if it sounds like it doesn't belong here.  But I do believe it is something that needs to be said here because of the dreaming I often read around here.

Here's to hopin'!!!

People can talk about price all day but it's the people who are actually creating services and growing the community that help the price to increase.
Activity: 546
hm
Activity: 7
Merit: 0

Here's to hopin'!!!

mcg
Activity: 196
dump will be inevitable... it will happen eventually. you can stall it by not putting up too high volume buys @ 15,16,17
How is the other coin?

not so great in terms of price... but working on many things Smiley
Activity: 644
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
this raise is because the news about the multipool

Ok. So now we are going to have every coin doing a multipool like Blackcoin did?

If every other POW coin is going to setup a multipool then this is going to become a multipools endless war till another innovation come up to stop these!!! Not to even think that after we have dozens more multipool draining the life of other coins there is come a point it there won't be any coins to mine to sustain the market for Mintcoin or any other coin that relies on that multipool to be kept alive!!!
Unless we have tens of thounsend new people coming to cryptocurrencies but with that more coins going to pop out everyday like cherries!!!
We are going to have probably a coin named for every single thing in existance in the universe  Grin
It may not be a scam, but definitely SPAM!!
Jump to: