Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 523. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
about the edge; i am looking into mintcoin to see if i can determine "longterm value". problem is; i do not find anything that hasnt been done before. if you look at the top 5 coins ( marketcap ) then these coins all have an "innovative" factor in them. i worry about mintcoin because of the "copied" things. ofcourse, implementation is key as well. but i cannot put a price tag on mintcoin currently. this holds me back.
If that can help, here are my calculation (confirmation bias is always an issue, of course)
500+ pages community (nothing like the 2500+ pages for NXT, but still better than most)
Actual merchant adoption (26, raising daily)
Committed community (the stop sell at 11)
A goal beyond money-making (contrary to blackcoins)

I don't say this is enough (or not enough). I just say this is what I am seeing.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
however, i am still feeling like mintcoin is always a step behind. looking too much at other coins...
Well, Blackcoins is said to be "a clone of mintcoin". It doesn't seem to damage it much:)
Second, a legally registered foundation is not that common. Definitely not a prime (think bitcoin), but still
Finally, being the first is not enough (eGold and microcents were there before bitcoin, EDO-RAM was there before SDRAM). It does give an edge but just that: an edge.

about the edge; i am looking into mintcoin to see if i can determine "longterm value". problem is; i do not find anything that hasnt been done before. if you look at the top 5 coins ( marketcap ) then these coins all have an "innovative" factor in them. ofcourse, implementation is key as well. but i cannot put a price tag on mintcoin currently. this holds me back.

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Will not jump over since my legit questions might be seen as FUD and might get deleted. i dont post to get deleted.

many people over here dont seem to understand that having these legit questions make developers ( and managers ) think about future problems they might encounter.

criticism is good, same goes for greed.

so this public forum is just fine.
agreed
Monero Core Team
Will not jump over since my legit questions might be seen as FUD and might get deleted. i dont post to get deleted.
There is nothing I can say to prove you wrong, so I won't. Ultimately, what I want is maximum exposure for Mintcoin. Which forum, webpage, social network... is secondary. The community will decide, even though I believe having an active official forum helps in getting more legitimacy (being on a "borrowed forum" is not a mark of being serious, if you ask me).
Activity: 453

many people over here dont seem to understand that having these legit questions make developers ( and managers ) think about future problems they might encounter.

Agreed, keep the discussion public. This allows everyone to have a voice without the possibility of censorship (which ultimately happens on a private forum when the tough questions get asked).
Monero Core Team
however, i am still feeling like mintcoin is always a step behind. looking too much at other coins...
Well, Blackcoins is said to be "a clone of mintcoin". It doesn't seem to damage it much:)
Second, a legally registered foundation is not that common. Definitely not a prime (think bitcoin), but still
Finally, being the first is not enough (eGold and microcents were there before bitcoin, EDO-RAM was there before SDRAM). It does give an edge but just that: an edge.
yes, for fiat currency. i know. but how about the mintcoin transactions. how to provide transparency on that. is it going to be transparent as the premine? also i am amazed by the reforestation thing. that is definately an area of another coin.
Crypto are off-limit if sent as such (which doesn't impede publication, it is just not mandatory). But if cryptos are converted to fiat, it works. Granted, conversion comes with a loss of money (two losses, because I will not use MINT to USD exchange, but MINT to BTC to EUR since the Fund will be in the Eurozone), but it may also increases legitimacy. This is a work-in-progress, inputs welcomed (here http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php?topic=400)

Regarding reforesting being another coin's area: it is just a coincidence. We happen to have an interesting scheme here (someone working on this field and able to get a matching contribution). If it have been about helping organic agriculture in South America, it would have been the same.

For those interested, here is the legal framework etc...

http://www.usig.org/countryinfo/france.asp

And below, the specific category unless I'm mistaken.

9. Endowment funds (fonds de dotation)

The endowment fund was established by Law No. 2008-776 of August 4, 2008 on the Modernization of the Economy, but related executive decrees are still pending.

An endowment fund is a not-for-profit legal entity that receives and manages the assets and rights of any kind that are contributed to it freely and irrevocably.

The endowment fund directly pursues a mission of general interest or finances structures that have missions of general interest and can have a fixed or indefinite term.

Founders can be one or more private individuals or legal entities. There is no minimum amount required and no prior administrative authorization needed for the creation of an endowment fund.

An endowment fund can be created as easily as an association. There are no standard models of by-laws to be complied with and no imposed governance. The endowment fund is managed by a board of directors comprised of at least three members.

The endowment fund can receive legacies and donations but cannot receive public funds except as otherwise provided by specific authorization.

Endowment funds benefit from the attractive tax regime applicable to Public Utility Foundations apart from the 2007 Law on Work, Employment and Purchasing Power or "TEPA Law" provisions (See Section V below for more information).

As of October 2011, over 600 endowment funds have been set up in a wide variety of sectors (environment, culture, social issues, etc.) over an approximately two-year period.

Activity: 364
reforestation? are you kidding me?
Oh, now you hate trees too? Or do you just hate land being converted to forests? Either way, your comments are very insightful. CLEARLY you are a standup individual. I've stopped ignoring you thisisit - your insight is priceless. Literally, it has no price.

maybe you should read before you reply. i actually own multiple businesses so i know what a "burden" it can be. nevertheless, good luck on it.

i will first see how it goes. especially since reforestation is another coins expertise as well. that coin is low on price currently, but i know they are working on many things as well.

I feel like you are offering tough, but valid questions. We do need something to put ourselves ahead of the pack.
Monero Core Team
http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php?topic=400.0  Join the conversation over at Mintcointalk Smiley
Yes please. I will monitor mintcointalk.com in priority.
Monero Core Team
yes, for fiat currency. i know. but how about the mintcoin transactions. how to provide transparency on that. is it going to be transparent as the premine? also i am amazed by the reforestation thing. that is definately an area of another coin.
Crypto are off-limit if sent as such (which doesn't impede publication, it is just not mandatory). But if cryptos are converted to fiat, it works. Granted, conversion comes with a loss of money (two losses, because I will not use MINT to USD exchange, but MINT to BTC to EUR since the Fund will be in the Eurozone), but it may also increase legitimacy. This is a work-in-progress, inputs welcomed (here http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php?topic=400)

Regarding reforesting being another coin's area: it is just a coincidence. We happen to have an interesting scheme here (someone working on this field and able to get a matching contribution). If it have been about helping organic agriculture in South America, it would have been the same.
http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php?topic=400.0  Join the conversation over at Mintcointalk Smiley

Much better to keep the discussion on a public forum. Directing the discussion to a forum controlled by insiders means they ultimately control the direction of discussion - not healthy for any organization - definitely not in the interest of Mintcoin holders (shareholders).
Monero Core Team
If it's registered with a public entity (any representative agency of government) it's public information. In the name of transparency I look forward to seeing a copy of the official application posted here for all to see. This will go a long way in showing people everything is on the up and up.
Not necessarily. The French law for association loi 1901 (VERY common in France) doesn't require financial information to be public (same goes for private company, those which are not on the stock exchange) - the only public thing is the name, location and goal of the association.

But this won't be an association (association is similar to charities in UK, don't know for US). This will be an endowment fund. And endowment fund ALWAYS have public accountancy.

So, bottom line: acceptance2, you are right here Smiley
Monero Core Team
Oh, now you hate trees too? Or do you just hate land being converted to forests? Either way, your comments are very insightful. CLEARLY you are a standup individual. I've stopped ignoring you thisisit - your insight is priceless. Literally, it has no price.

maybe you should read before you reply. i actually own multiple businesses so i know what a "burden" it can be. nevertheless, good luck on it.

i will first see how it goes. especially since reforestation is another coins expertise as well. that coin is low on price currently, but i know they are working on many things as well.

Monero Core Team
ah and how are you going to provide transparency? are you going to open books? is the administration public?
The French administration is as public as the US or Finnish administration. But I guess you mean: will actual movement of money be public?
To this question, the answer is: the "general interest" status (which makes a Fund eligible for tax-deduction) requires financial transparency

For the gory details, here's the law:
http://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/affichTexteArticle.do;jsessionid=BB1390703E5A853F096A1039ECE78975.tpdjo04v_3?idArticle=LEGIARTI000019285221&cidTexte=LEGITEXT000019284897&dateTexte=20140322
This part in particular:

"if something goes wrong, the person held accountable can go to jail" if you loose say 10-100million mint you cant go to jail? since it is not a currency.. or commodity for that matter.
If I do something illegal, like abusing peoples confidence in a harmful way (asking for fiat money is), then yes. Bad accountancy, abuse of power... may also bring me to jail. Much like any registered company everwhere in the world.

Of course, if the Fund only get mintcoins, the problem is less important. Abuse of power would not lead to jail, but more to get a fine. Now, if EUR or other fiat are involved (for instance, mintcoin to euro), then going to jail is possible again (although unlikely; a fine is more probable).

Needless to say, I will need support, people. I'm not talking of financial support, but moral support. This is quite a burden, even for experienced people, to run a registered organisation.
Activity: 126
To be clear:
1 . The Fund is not registered yet. Monday, I will go to the administration and get it registered (it will take one month to take effect)
2. It will be registered as in "if something goes wrong, the person held accountable can go to jail". Guess who will be this person? That should give you an idea of my commitment.
3. The higher the mintcoin price, the less of the premine will have to be used (nah, the French administration won't accept mintcoins Smiley)

ah and how are you going to provide transparency? are you going to open books?

"if something goes wrong, the person held accountable can go to jail" if you loose say 10-100million mint.

you cant go to jail? since it is not a currency.. or commodity for that matter.

If it's registered with a public entity (any representative agency of government) it's public information. In the name of transparency I look forward to seeing a copy of the official application posted here for all to see. This will go a long way in showing people everything is on the up and up.

To be clear:
1 . The Fund is not registered yet. Monday, I will go to the administration and get it registered (it will take one month to take effect)
2. It will be registered as in "if something goes wrong, the person held accountable can go to jail". Guess who will be this person? That should give you an idea of my commitment.
3. The higher the mintcoin price, the less of the premine will have to be used (nah, the French administration won't accept mintcoins Smiley)

ah and how are you going to provide transparency? are you going to open books?

"if something goes wrong, the person held accountable can go to jail" if you loose say 10-100million mint.

you cant go to jail? since it is not a currency.. or commodity for that matter.

Activity: 100
Merit: 10
Jump to: