Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 522. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
The wallet and an effective, efficient, and working multipool can go hand in hand. Release both around the same time for maximal effect. I don't mind which comes first, as long as they are close together. It'll also fix the link in my sig.
Multipol is on the way. I am still looking for someone who will create the wallet. This is hard to come by, so please look around you also. Remember there is a bounty attached to it.
Monero Core Team
Thanks to loambet1, the wallets are now host on Amazon S3. It will be much faster and there won't be any crapware as user mentioned it. Plus, it is completely transparent, no more weird window to click on. Last but not least, an AV check link is included. The link to the source on github is also present.

For the paranoids, checksums are also included.

All of this is available at http://mintcoin-central.com/download

(did I mention I am looking for a webmaster and a webdesigner, preferrably conversant in Drupal?)
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
I for one am looking forward to the Android Wallet.

The ability to share Mintcoin with anyone, anywhere, in person is POWER. It's been terribly effective in the spread of Bitcoin - almost everyone I've shared Bitcoin with has begun with me helping them download a wallet on their Android phone and then sending them $1 from my Blockchain.info account.

EVERYONE I've done this with has then bought more Bitcoin through an exchange or ATM....

Important to remember that the first few years of Bitcoin growth has largely been driven by pure self interest - the same reason people buy stock in a company - they hope to profit from the purchase.

Trying to sell a cause is admirable but it's like pulling teeth. Which is why charities are always having people trying to solicit donations - the money doesn't come easy because it's not an easy sell. Appeal to self interest - it's a much easier sell.

Once the wallet is completed I think things will pick up considerably for this coin.

In my opinion the number one priority (in my view the only priority ) is the Android Wallet. Everything else comes after the wallet.

The wallet and an effective, efficient, and working multipool can go hand in hand. Release both around the same time for maximal effect. I don't mind which comes first, as long as they are close together. It'll also fix the link in my sig.
Activity: 453
I for one am looking forward to the Android Wallet.

The ability to share Mintcoin with anyone, anywhere, in person is POWER. It's been terribly effective in the spread of Bitcoin - almost everyone I've shared Bitcoin with has begun with me helping them download a wallet on their Android phone and then sending them $1 from my Blockchain.info account.

EVERYONE I've done this with has then bought more Bitcoin through an exchange or ATM....

Important to remember that the first few years of Bitcoin growth has largely been driven by pure self interest - the same reason people buy stock in a company - they hope to profit from the purchase.

Trying to sell a cause is admirable but it's like pulling teeth. Which is why charities are always having people trying to solicit donations - the money doesn't come easy because it's not an easy sell. Appeal to self interest - it's a much easier sell.

Once the wallet is completed I think things will pick up considerably for this coin.

In my opinion the number one priority (in my view the only priority ) is the Android Wallet. Everything else comes after the wallet.

Activity: 453
Will not jump over since my legit questions might be seen as FUD and might get deleted. i dont post to get deleted.

many people over here dont seem to understand that having these legit questions make developers ( and managers ) think about future problems they might encounter.

criticism is good, same goes for greed.

so this public forum is just fine.

Agreed, keep the discussion public. This allows everyone to have a voice without the possibility of censorship (which ultimately happens on a private forum when the tough questions get asked).
Mintcointalk is not a private forum. It is public, anyone can register there just like they can here.

Having the ability to register and post without the ability for someone else to control the conversation makes it public - the moment someone has control to censor - not so public - it's why truly public forums are generally considered more inclusive.
Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some
however, i am still feeling like mintcoin is always a step behind. looking too much at other coins...
Well, Blackcoins is said to be "a clone of mintcoin". It doesn't seem to damage it much:)
Second, a legally registered foundation is not that common. Definitely not a prime (think bitcoin), but still
Finally, being the first is not enough (eGold and microcents were there before bitcoin, EDO-RAM was there before SDRAM). It does give an edge but just that: an edge.

about the edge; i am looking into mintcoin to see if i can determine "longterm value". problem is; i do not find anything that hasnt been done before. if you look at the top 5 coins ( marketcap ) then these coins all have an "innovative" factor in them. ofcourse, implementation is key as well. but i cannot put a price tag on mintcoin currently. this holds me back.
Mintcoin has a lot of the best innovative features of other coins all combined into one. It is very fast and very energy efficient.
Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some
Will not jump over since my legit questions might be seen as FUD and might get deleted. i dont post to get deleted.

many people over here dont seem to understand that having these legit questions make developers ( and managers ) think about future problems they might encounter.

criticism is good, same goes for greed.

so this public forum is just fine.

Agreed, keep the discussion public. This allows everyone to have a voice without the possibility of censorship (which ultimately happens on a private forum when the tough questions get asked).
Mintcointalk is not a private forum. It is public, anyone can register there just like they can here.
Monero Core Team
I think a foundation is a step in the right direction, but it's not a game changer.  Most coins
that continue on set one up... it will just need a dedicated website.
We have mintcoin.cc and mintcoin-central.com

I am all about creating a new website. But what I need it people actually making it. Green tea, since you are a community manager, can you call for some?
Ideally, I'd like a Drupal 8 website. But if no one can take care of it, WordPress will do it.
legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002
I think a foundation is a step in the right direction, but it's not a game changer.  Most coins
that continue on set one up... it will just need a dedicated website.
Activity: 490
Is Mint coin associated with Mintpal at all ? If not then i seriously think they should make some sort of deal.. Mintpal is growing to be one the best exchanges, and if it's official currency is MINT then it will do the coin all sorts of good. I honestly thought it was before someone here said it wasn't.
Monero Core Team
Who volunteers for handling daily maintenance on mintcoin.cc? One aspect of it will be to deal with updating translations (we have several one incoming).

Thanks.
Monero Core Team
Hi everyone,

So far, I can run the things by myself, but I know myself: it won't be long before I need to delegate.

I don't know yet what I will to delegate, so this is not a call for action (yet).
But there is one thing I need: in order for the Endowment fund to be registered, I'll need two other persons (minimum is three persons). It can be anyone (I prefer to avoid minors), even a corporation.
What will be required: commitment.

PM me for candidacy.
Monero Core Team
I can get you some pictures but it will take time because we have halted planting so far because of the drought and I am not in Sonoma right now.  I am in San Diego currently for another month until I return for a summer work project.  We just finished a 6 month pruning/thinning project of Ponderosa Pine trees, Redwoods, and Douglas Fir trees.  This is for fire prevention and healthy growth.  The planting season typically is in the fall/winter.  We are beyond the rainy season now and as many people know, California is in the worst drought in over 100 years right now.  So, nearly every reforestation project is on hold in Northern California at the moment.  But there are big plans for next season as it is believed there will be an El Niño cycle forming which will bring heavy rains next winter.

The 13 acres that has already been planted and grown was through private/govt partnership and it has been an experiment.  Reforestation on this level is actually a very new thing and scientists are only beginning to understand the best ways to do it.  Going forward, we have over 100+ acres that can be planted on the current properties under existing Forest Management Plans.  But we will need funding for this and I can work on getting the funding matched by the government, usually 50%.

These Forest Management Plans are long-term plans (25+ years) that seek to expand the native Coast Redwood and Douglas Fir species of trees.

If you go to the link, you can see a few pictures that I took 1 month ago.

http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php/topic,401.0/topicseen.html
It already makes for quite a post already. Thank Patrick.
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Details of the first project that we plan to finance with the Mintcoin Fund: Sonoma County - California Coast Redwood/Douglas Fir Reforesation
Project F Sonoma County - California Coast Redwood/Douglas Fir Reforestation

We have already done about 13 acres. This is an extraordinary amount of work and I would need support of the Mintcoin Fund in order to expand this project. It is possible that I can work with other foresters that wish to participate on other properties (10,000+ acres) long-term.
(read more)

get me pictures of the reforestation efforts and more details and ill do a story on it

I can get you some pictures but it will take time because we have halted planting so far because of the drought and I am not in Sonoma right now.  I am in San Diego currently for another month until I return for a summer work project.  We just finished a 6 month pruning/thinning project of Ponderosa Pine trees, Redwoods, and Douglas Fir trees.  This is for fire prevention and healthy growth.  The planting season typically is in the fall/winter/spring depending on rainfall.  We are beyond the rainy season now and as many people know, California is in the worst drought in over 100 years right now.  So, nearly every reforestation project is on hold in Northern California at the moment.  But there are big plans for next season as it is believed there will be an El Niño cycle forming which will bring heavy rains next winter.

The 13 acres that has already been planted and grown was through private/govt partnership and it has been an experiment.  Reforestation on this level is actually a very new thing and scientists are only beginning to understand the best ways to do it.  Going forward, we have over 100+ acres that can be planted on the current properties under existing Forest Management Plans.  But we will need funding for this and I can work on getting the funding matched by the government, usually 50%.

These Forest Management Plans are long-term plans (25+ years) that seek to expand the native Coast Redwood and Douglas Fir species of trees.

If you go to the link, you can see a few pictures that I took 1 month ago.

http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php/topic,401.0/topicseen.html
Monero Core Team
get me pictures of the reforestation efforts and more details and ill do a story on it
Follow the link and you will get them Smiley

You can post on mintcoin-central.com. Send me your email address with a PM
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Details of the first project that we plan to finance with the Mintcoin Fund: Sonoma County - California Coast Redwood/Douglas Fir Reforesation
Project F Sonoma County - California Coast Redwood/Douglas Fir Reforesation

We have already done about 13 acres. This is an extraordinary amount of work and I would need support of the Mintcoin Fund in order to expand this project. It is possible that I can work with other foresters that wish to participate on other properties (10,000+ acres) long-term.
(read more)

Monero Core Team
Project F Sonoma County - California Coast Redwood/Douglas Fir Reforesation

(read more)
Activity: 210
I'd like to see some monies given to groups given to non profit groups researching alternative energy sources. Better solar panels, etc.. I'll see what I can dig up and post at mintcointalk.com when I get some time.
Activity: 224
i am going to leave for today. we will see how it goes. when i see option to at least 200% increase short/middlelong term i will buy in. for now: no.
Monero Core Team
For those interested, here is the legal framework etc...

http://www.usig.org/countryinfo/france.asp
Thanks for these link! It will prove useful for another unrelated endowment with international participation I'm in.
Jump to: