Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 545. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 453
Merit: 250
Pro tips:

a) Crypto is not a way to make instant funds unless you have mega hashrates and dump.

b) Crypto currency prices rise and fall over time and they feed from BTC milk, some die out.

c) Stop crying about the price of a coin that is less than 2 months old.

d) Study some charts over at Cryptsy of the original old school alt currency's and notice the trends. (the ones that are more than 6 months old)

e) Stop saying to the Moon, that is amateur lingo.

To the moon!

There is a reason why many veterans do not hang in this thread.  Roll Eyes

Yes, the silence is deafening.

Circle jerks about the price tend to repel those with serious intent.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Unfortunately for MINTCOIN the dev does not appear to be all that savvy, creative, or even honest. I mean he couldn't even get a wallet that worked for the first 2 weeks. You going to put your faith in the long-term success of a DEV who may have dumped almost all his pre-mine in the irrational rush to 60 satoshi? Someone who couldn't even figure out a wallet before launching his own coin because he was in such a hurry to cash out?

I used every single wallet the devs released with no issue at all, and my coins started minting around 20.5 days.
Activity: 364
ATX Silver:

all that wind to say you want to buy MINT cheap at 10 satosh?

It may get down there but it looks like it's hovering right above that point depending on how much of that 25 BTC buy wall is yours I think it will probably go up from here. Even if the dev dumped everything he had all that means is that is one more player who is out of the picture.

Happy hunting!

The fact that he is still so active and involved in the project leads me to believe he did not dump it, or at least he did not dump the majority of it. Shit, if he did dump it all but decided to stick around and work on the project anyways wouldn't that actually be the best scenario because then all those coins would be spread out AND we still have a very active dev?

That's only a theoretical.

It's kind of silly because the devteam has been busy developing markets for mintcoin. They aren't absent at all. Just occupied with better things to do than listen to a lot of begging, whining, and demands, which is all they would get if they were active in this thread.

That is what the extended team is for

Did David ever reveal what's happening next week?

Not yet.
Activity: 434
ATX Silver:

It may get down there but it looks like it's hovering right above that point depending on how much of that 25 BTC buy wall is yours I think it will probably go up from here. Even if the dev dumped everything he had all that means is that is one more player who is out of the picture.

Happy hunting!

The fact that he is still so active and involved in the project leads me to believe he did not dump it, or at least he did not dump the majority of it. Shit, if he did dump it all but decided to stick around and work on the project anyways wouldn't that actually be the best scenario because then all those coins would be spread out AND we still have a very active dev?

It's kind of silly because the devteam has been busy developing markets for mintcoin. They aren't absent at all. Just occupied with better things to do than listen to a lot of begging, whining, and demands, which is all they would get if they were active in this thread.

Did David ever reveal what's happening next week?
ATX Silver:

Happy hunting!

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
ATX Silver:

Happy hunting!

Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some
WARNING, do not join efforts to link MINT to pool mining. It is a vector for attack:

of course they will support it, because it has low hash and difficulty. the necessary evil here is that we must fork each and everyone of these coins to destroy them.

This being said, we can' tjust run around the community forking coins, we need an SOP(Standard Operating Protocol) in place

Here's my proposal:

we have a centralized pool we use to orchestrate the attack(s)
Phase 1:
We vote on the coin to fork. once consensus is reached, we proceed to stage 2. announcing our intensions to the General Public.
Phase 2:
we announce it to the public. 7 days notice is given.
we alert respective exchanges of our intention about the coin, and encourage them to delist it. if they refuse we move on to phase 3.
Phase 3:
We setup the pool on our own private network with our custom, low difficulty client. we mine from block 0 to thoroughly erase the blockchain.(very easy. we mine ahead 3,000 blocks, then suddenly flood the network.)
Phase 4:
We are done.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522235.msg5786648;topicseen#msg5786648

There is a group out to destroy altcoins by forking these coins by using the hash power of pool mining. We should disassociate ourselves completely from PoW mining as much as possible.

PoS is one of the main selling points of the MINT brand anyway.
In order for them to even try to attack MINT they would have to buy up about 5 billion coins.
legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002
Blackcoin having another +25% day.  Cool

Mintcoin may have reached the floor.

In other words sell Blackcoin and buy mintcoin ...
ATX Silver:

Happy hunting!
Currently holding nearly 100 million MintCoins. The proof of stake is really interesting, although I don't fully get it yet.

I got 3 bulk minting deposits (interest) on the 16th, 2 on the 17th and none yesterday. If I look back in my history, these correspond to deposits on the 24th and 25th last month. Does that mean it's every 20 days that the interest payments get sent out?

I believe the coin age resets after minting. Also you can let coinage mature up to 40 days. So be sure to mint before 40 days passes.

This is not correct. Coin age continues to mature indefinitely.  If you wait 90 days to mint you will get 5%.

Cool I didn't know that
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some
Currently holding nearly 100 million MintCoins. The proof of stake is really interesting, although I don't fully get it yet.

I got 3 bulk minting deposits (interest) on the 16th, 2 on the 17th and none yesterday. If I look back in my history, these correspond to deposits on the 24th and 25th last month. Does that mean it's every 20 days that the interest payments get sent out?

I believe the coin age resets after minting. Also you can let coinage mature up to 40 days. So be sure to mint before 40 days passes.

This is not correct. Coin age continues to mature indefinitely.  If you wait 90 days to mint you will get 5%.
Activity: 172
Merit: 100
 Does this post below from March 02 on the MintCoin Forum Make more sense for the community today? I was laughed out of the forum for being a 'troll' and spreading FUD at that time, I still hold a token amount of Mints, and am looking to buy some more once it gets below 10 Satoshi, I am thinking 7-8 could very well be a short term bottom. But there are so many coins that were created, and the market capitalization is SO HUGE ($1.5 Million!!!) for MINTCOIN for how little development and real world use for the coin, that I could easily be wrong, and we could see it hit 3-4 satoshi as well. Even if you are among the most 'zealous' MintCoin believers, you should probably have some dry powder so you can buy more if it goes down that low. $1.5 million is an awful high valuation compared to some other coins that have a ton more development and real world applications. Also I fear the Dev is still high-fiving his buddies about how 'good his karma' was when he sold out of everything above 50 satoshis, and likely too greedy to buy more of his own coin. (Probably spend buying a Porsche with the 'blind faith' followers money. So the DEV should be very thankful for all of your help :-)

Other / Announcements (Altcoins) / Re: [ANN][MINT]Mintcoin, Energy Saving Coin With a Fast Distribution *15 Exchanges    on: March 02, 2014, 09:17:35 PM

It is truly amazing to me that people who trade and invest in ALT coins have little to no investment experience. These markets are currently very similar to the 'Pump & Dump' markets that penny stocks, pink sheets, and Over-The-Counter equities have been traded (And Manipulated) for many years now.

I got out of MINT way too early taking a profit of 3-5x my investment. Turns out I could have held on for 10-20x my investment, but I have learned that you can't beat yourself up over this, and that in the investing/ speculating world there is a saying that almost always holds true.

"Pigs get Fat, Hogs get Slaughtered"

Also if you want to beat the average 14 year old trading Alt coins you need to think differently than them. You have to buy a coin BEFORE it is getting "Pumped' irrationally by those who have more bitcoins than you, and are trying to get the peasants to dive into a coin after it has gone up 5-10x from where they bought.

This is exactly what the WOLONG clown does. Buys a ton while a coin's cheap, then after he has enough to make lots of money he releases the news that 'he is going to pump' some coin. The average idiot jumps in at whatever price and then starts posting on message boards about how this coin is 'going to the moon' 'new dogecoin' and all kinds of nonsense. When in reality all that happened is that the 'big money' is manipulating the price because you can typically move these Alt coins around without very much 'real money'. So a 'bitcoin millionaire' can do with the price as he wishes, and then he sells to the 14 year olds who run in and buy mint at 30, 40, 50 and even 60 satoshi.

Just a word of advice, if you want to get ahead in this trading/speculating alt coin scene, learn to THINK FOR YOURSELF! Do not just follow the price action caused by those who want to unload their shares on you at inflated prices. Find a coin you like, that has a strong community as well as design, and has built out the infrastructure to support the long-term success of the crypto-currency. Then buy on dips and moments of panic, learn to be patient and let your price come to you.

To get ahead in this game you need to be a contrarian, buying when there is 'blood on the streets', when there is nothing but negativity on the message boards and the community in general.

I will be back to buying MINT when it gets back near the 10 Satoshi Level and lower, anything above that at this point in the creation just provides the miners and big holders a better price to dump at. After all they know as well they will be able to buy back below 10 satoshi at some point.  

Unfortunately for MINTCOIN the dev does not appear to be all that savvy, creative, or even honest. I mean he couldn't even get a wallet that worked for the first 2 weeks. You going to put your faith in the long-term success of a DEV who may have dumped almost all his pre-mine in the irrational rush to 60 satoshi? Someone who couldn't even figure out a wallet before launching his own coin because he was in such a hurry to cash out?

Just my 2 cents. I still think MINTCOIN has a chance Long-term but it will need truly active and dedicated community members besides the Dev to get this ball rolling. If you have faith in the mystery dev who likely has no interest in this coin any longer since he cashed out probably 1000 bitcoins and is in the bahamas already from his successful pump-n-dump scheme.

That's what I'm thinking. It hasn't dipped below ten, even though it looked like it would there for a while.
Calm boys, much testosterone in the environment  Grin

Focus, united we are invincible.

Hold your feet firms in our consign. Don't sell any mintcoin until the price is 60 - 100 satoshis minimum.

Best Regards.

This is what we should concentrate on. I think it's just a matter of time, there is definitely considerable interest in play over this market.

I see a 24+ btc buy wall at 10. That's a pretty good amount of upward pressure even if it is slightly below the bid/ask spread
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
Blackcoin having another +25% day.  Cool

Activity: 452
Calm boys, much testosterone in the environment  Grin

Focus, united we are invincible.

Hold your feet firms in our consign. Don't sell any mintcoin until the price is 60 - 100 satoshis minimum.

Best Regards.
I used to visit this thread daily for mintcoin updates but this moon posting crap has to stop! Unless there is a massive pump going on at this very moment kicking it up to 200 sat, please stop it.

Crindon you are not doing this coin a favor! Replying to your own posts and especially multiple times is usually enough for a permanent ban on most forums.

Keep this up and this thread will soon be locked.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
pixels right, lets not get too silly with the memes and such

It's all in good fun but we shouldn't over do it. It's a valid point.

Agreed. This is not Dogecoin.

However, I truly do appreciate the enthusiasm and hard work of the community.
pixels right, lets not get too silly with the memes and such

It's all in good fun but we shouldn't over do it. It's a valid point.

Thank you! Finally someone with some sense not to turn this thread into dogecoin II.

There is definitely a point of over saturation that can be reached that will turn others off. Don't want to be annoying.
Jump to: