Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 601. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Multipool = BC clone now. Sorry guys. Tongue
Activity: 840
Merit: 516
Someone with the means and the know how get this multipool idea into action. Just get it done and create some buy pressure for our coin.

Apparently the guy behind mintpool.us (the multipool that pays out in dogecoin) is working on it. Check out the thread on the reddit.

Mintpool pays out in Dogecoin?? head scratching lol... Good news though!! Grin

Please upvote at Reddit, we need to get more visibility on this!

http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/20hiqy/bounty_500000_mint_for_a_mint_multipool/

Yeah, coincidental name, pretty awesome though.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Someone with the means and the know how get this multipool idea into action. Just get it done and create some buy pressure for our coin.

Apparently the guy behind mintpool.us (the multipool that pays out in dogecoin) is working on it. Check out the thread on the reddit.

Mintpool pays out in Dogecoin?? head scratching lol... Good news though!! Grin

Please upvote at Reddit, we need to get more visibility on this!

http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/20hiqy/bounty_500000_mint_for_a_mint_multipool/
Activity: 840
Merit: 516

Activity: 154
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
Sell?
It just keeps going down, and down, and down.
In theory with pos the price should of rocketed...
i almost bought 10 mil now
Activity: 84
Sell?
It just keeps going down, and down, and down.
In theory with pos the price should of rocketed...
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
As the team said, if that is something people want to do they are welcome to do it.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
David, you're wrong about the multi-pool. Other alts will do this, and we will be left behind. We are the best coin, and must act quickly. Besides, what better way to go green than by using the multi-pool to devalue other alts while adding to the value of Mint.

Mint should be King, and when Mint is crowned there will be far fewer hashes being used in the cryptoworld overall. I understand why the development team wouldn't want to be behind a multi-pool as it goes against efficiency, so just sit back and relax. The community will take care of it Wink

You got it Smiley
That's why I talked about no official approval. There won't be official disapproval neither.
We want the community to empower itself. Waiting for the official sanction of the dev or even the extended team would lead to us babysitting you.
I am a manager at heart (and at work). I learnt that empowered people are more powerful, more imaginative, more creative than soldiers following a lead. If you know agile programming, compare a regular project manager to a scrumaster.

For instance, if you want to get advices on how to lead a "multipool project" or to get some hands to help shaping it, I (and others in the team) can help you. I see us (the extended team) as jumpstarters, no doers. You will be the doers.

That bein said, PM if you wish to get involved on a project. Either a new one (I'd like this, but I am alone...) or one on the wishlist.
Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some
i am not so sure about that multipool. first of all mintcoin stands for low energy usage. so if we now jump on that multipool stuff it  is against the vision of mintcoin. besides that only heavy miner will get more mintcoins. so the price could go up, but just because of miner which are involved int the cryptoworld anyway...
The official answer to multipool is: no  approval of multipool, for the very reason that mintcoin is trying to fight against the envrionmental issue of mining.

Of course, we won't prevent any attempt at doing so; still, we believe that we should stay straight in our boot and not succumb to the temptation of easy money by perverting our ideal of carbon reduction.

Remember that day-trading is a volatile, though spectacular and tempting, activity. If we pursue long-term ends, we should resort to long-term means. This means widening the scope of mintcoin holders (constant low prices help) and getting more and more merchant accepting mintcoin.
If this is not enough, remember than moving from 2500 satoshi to 5000 satoshi is "just" doubling the price. Mintcoin achieves half of it every three days. So Blackcoin's success is definitely impressive at first sight, nbut do not let the magic of high numbers lure you. Percentages matter, not raw numbers.

David, you're wrong about the multi-pool. Other alts will do this, and we will be left behind. We are the best coin, and must act quickly. Besides, what better way to go green than by using the multi-pool to devalue other alts while adding to the value of Mint.

Mint should be King, and when Mint is crowned there will be far fewer hashes being used in the cryptoworld overall. I understand why the development team wouldn't want to be behind a multi-pool as it goes against efficiency, so just sit back and relax. The community will take care of it Wink

Exactly... quote:
"From an economic and philosophical point of view a mint multipool is green. People who have mining gear are going to mine if there is profitability to be had no matter what. A mint multipool will actually better serve to drive the PoW coins into the ground by rendering them less profitable as the prices of those coins will drop as the mined coins are sold in exchange for mint.

Actually, a mint multipool is green friendly and is for the philosophy of the coin because if every miner got on it, they would be making the prices of all of the minable coins to drop which will also simultaneously be boosting the energy efficient mintcoin. I think a mint multipool is one of the best things we can do. It helps to suppress the non energy efficient coins. Ultimately the non-energy efficient PoW coins will be suppressed enough to not be worth mining."
Activity: 406
You nned to have a vote from community, better do a multipool and act for donations "anti carbon" but the fact is it s easy to set as a project, and reward will be an important increase of the community.

If we are well know we will have way better return to consacre to an "ecologic project".

Just ask for the community and do it fast.

I "m for a multippol personnaly.
Activity: 336
Just sold my BC to get some extra mints
Good day for me  Cool
Activity: 90
i am not so sure about that multipool. first of all mintcoin stands for low energy usage. so if we now jump on that multipool stuff it  is against the vision of mintcoin. besides that only heavy miner will get more mintcoins. so the price could go up, but just because of miner which are involved int the cryptoworld anyway...
The official answer to multipool is: no  approval of multipool, for the very reason that mintcoin is trying to fight against the envrionmental issue of mining.

Of course, we won't prevent any attempt at doing so; still, we believe that we should stay straight in our boot and not succumb to the temptation of easy money by perverting our ideal of carbon reduction.

Remember that day-trading is a volatile, though spectacular and tempting, activity. If we pursue long-term ends, we should resort to long-term means. This means widening the scope of mintcoin holders (constant low prices help) and getting more and more merchant accepting mintcoin.
If this is not enough, remember than moving from 2500 satoshi to 5000 satoshi is "just" doubling the price. Mintcoin achieves half of it every three days. So Blackcoin's success is definitely impressive at first sight, nbut do not let the magic of high numbers lure you. Percentages matter, not raw numbers.

here we go!! nice attitude
Monero Core Team
They don't respond to the FUD comes in on a daily basis. I like to think it's because they are busy adding merchants and working on development.
This plus having a life :-) And logistics takes a lot of energy too.

Excellent David, I am very happy to hear this is the attitude of the team.
I second that
Monero Core Team
who are actually devmembers of mintcoin on this thread?
Check our sig. We don't make it mandatory to show you're a mint team member, though.

I just counted, we are 23. I won't give name, first because some may not want their allegiance to be public and second because for some I only know their nick on mintcointalk.com.
Monero Core Team
It's a crying shame that the dev premined 700 million MINT specifically for bounties and development, yet the community has to reach into it's own pockets and chuck their own hard earned MINT onto the table to try and encourage the lazy dev to do something.
A substantial part of the premine is geared toward an incoming project. I won't tell you how much, what is this project and how long it will take (although I have the answers for at least two of them). I just want you to know that it goes for the premine as it goes for the rest of mintcoin: this is a long term project. So the premine must also be spent scarcely. And this is exactly what is going on.

Now, I agree that, if I was the dev, I would have acted differently on some things (the dev knows it). Still, things are starting to make sense for me.
I won't ask you to believe me, that's not the point. The point here is to say: no, the premine has not been sold, it is only kept at as long-term reserve.
Day-trade, sell, buy, hold. Whatever you do is good. If you day-trade, you create traffic. If you sell, you give opportunity to newcomers to know about mintcoin (even if they ultimately sell it too, they will have heard about it and this matters more than raw performance of an unknown coin). Buying now is a good opportunity too. And of course, if you hold, you'll get interest Smiley

Remember: mintcoin is long-term, patience is wisdom.
Activity: 126

Boom! Keep up the good work yo!!

Jump to: