Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 602. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
put richlist on the ignore list people

My Updated Ignore List:

Turds and Trolls Worth Ignoring

1. ManOnTheMoon
2. GingerMod
3. thisisit
4. deadmanwalking
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
i am not so sure about that multipool. first of all mintcoin stands for low energy usage. so if we now jump on that multipool stuff it  is against the vision of mintcoin. besides that only heavy miner will get more mintcoins. so the price could go up, but just because of miner which are involved int the cryptoworld anyway...
The official answer to multipool is: no  approval of multipool, for the very reason that mintcoin is trying to fight against the envrionmental issue of mining.

Of course, we won't prevent any attempt at doing so; still, we believe that we should stay straight in our boot and not succumb to the temptation of easy money by perverting our ideal of carbon reduction.

Remember that day-trading is a volatile, though spectacular and tempting, activity. If we pursue long-term ends, we should resort to long-term means. This means widening the scope of mintcoin holders (constant low prices help) and getting more and more merchant accepting mintcoin.
If this is not enough, remember than moving from 2500 satoshi to 5000 satoshi is "just" doubling the price. Mintcoin achieves half of it every three days. So Blackcoin's success is definitely impressive at first sight, nbut do not let the magic of high numbers lure you. Percentages matter, not raw numbers.

Excellent David, I am very happy to hear this is the attitude of the team.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
i am not so sure about that multipool. first of all mintcoin stands for low energy usage. so if we now jump on that multipool stuff it  is against the vision of mintcoin. besides that only heavy miner will get more mintcoins. so the price could go up, but just because of miner which are involved int the cryptoworld anyway...
The official answer to multipool is: no approval of multipool, for the very reason that mintcoin is trying to fight against the environmental issue of mining.

Of course, we won't prevent any attempt at doing so; still, we believe that we should stay straight in our boots and not succumb to the temptation of easy money by perverting our ideal of carbon reduction.

Remember that day-trading is a volatile, though spectacular and tempting, activity. If we pursue long-term ends, we should resort to long-term means. This means widening the scope of mintcoin holders (constant low prices help) and getting more and more merchants to accept mintcoin.
If this is not enough, remember that moving from 2500 satoshi to 5000 satoshi (like blackcoin just did) is "just" doubling the price. Mintcoin achieves half of it every three days. So Blackcoin's success is definitely impressive at first sight, but do not let the magic of high numbers lure you. Percentages matter, not raw numbers.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Done. Even if not troll, tired to read the same thing again, and again, and again ...
Activity: 210
So many trolls in this thread it is unbelievable. (seems like they always show up when the price is down; happened last time we were at 13 sats.)

I'm afraid they help weak hands drive the price down  Cry
Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some
So many trolls in this thread it is unbelievable. (seems like they always show up when the price is down; happened last time we were at 13 sats.)
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I
mintcoin:  community dump, price dump ,volume dump(have no multipool)
blackcoin: community pump, price pump,volume pump(have multipool)

we need sha-256,scrypt,sha-3 multipool. but it`s too late...

You are a troll, stop pretending to be a member of this community

No I m not. just tell true..I know ...true is painful
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
there is a 23 btc buy wall at 1 satoshi on mintpal, but other than that no significant buying pressure

now what does that tell you?

Cheesy
If you want cheap coins, it is actually smarter to take away buy orders from the order book as it helps to try to produce downward pressure, so you can buy up the cheap coins. putting buy at 1 satoshi just in case someone deeply panics.

For example: you want to buy cheap coins at say 16 sats but nobody is selling. Take out all of your buy orders and sell a few btc worth down to 15. Watch for the market to move down, still don't place any buy orders on the books because that shows support. Place some sell oders on the books at about 18 satoshis to induce people to undercut you. Wait for the sell orders stack up at 15 16 and 17. Then buy all up to 17 and using cost averaging you will have obtained all of the coins for an average price of ~16 sats. The thing is you you don't show your buy orders, you actually want the market to drop as much as possible before you swoop in to buy.

precisely

I've watched that happen over and over for days lol
My 2 cents. Mintcoin was\is a great idea. Still the best structure in my opinion. Blackcoin saw this was a great idea and copied it, so good for them.

Blackcoin then came up with a great idea of their own which is the multi-pool. Don't let the fact that BC is a Mint clone blind you to this fact. The multi-pool creates a constant buy pressure on the coin. Think of how much Bitcoin is bought by multi-pools selling alts on a daily basis. That's buy pressure!

Other alts will now build their own multi-pools. The sooner we add one the better.
Except the BC 1-week PoW, 5% PoS reward yield and total number of coins at 75,000,000 are nothing like MINT's. MINT is not the first PoW/PoS either, PeerCoin was.

Mint is the first PoS coin to have large initial distribution that then changes to pure PoS. It was copied by BC and Zeit. But you already know that. I'll remind you this is the Mintcoin thread.
Activity: 224
My 2 cents. Mintcoin was\is a great idea. Still the best structure in my opinion. Blackcoin saw this was a great idea and copied it, so good for them.

Blackcoin then came up with a great idea of their own which is the multi-pool. Don't let the fact that BC is a Mint clone blind you to this fact. The multi-pool creates a constant buy pressure on the coin. Think of how much Bitcoin is bought by multi-pools selling alts on a daily basis. That's buy pressure!

Other alts will now build their own multi-pools. The sooner we add one the better.

LOL. Blackcoin has no premine. I'm not saying premine is bad, but anything over 0.25% is just profit for the devs. If they say otherwise, they're lying. Steady block reward for the POW phase. So no huge bonus for early adopters. Very small inflation and pure POS at this point. Then came up with an idea how to use your hashes in order to increase the value of the coin, instead of decreasing it. This is much more than just a clone.

Only thing that I don't like is the name.
something i am not so sure about:

who are actually devmembers of mintcoin on this thread?

They don't respond to the FUD comes in on a daily basis. I like to think it's because they are busy adding merchants and working on development.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

Except the BC 1-week PoW, 5% PoS reward yield and total number of coins at 75,000,000 are nothing like MINT's. MINT is not the first PoW/PoS either, PeerCoin was.
mintcoin:  community dump, price dump ,volume dump(have no multipool)

You are a troll, stop pretending to be a member of this community
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
mintcoin:  community dump, price dump ,volume dump(have no multipool)

Activity: 90
Merit: 10
something i am not so sure about:

who are actually devmembers of mintcoin on this thread?

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
15-16 satoshis at Mintpal. Still holding and not panicking.
Considering before the most recent move up it was 12-14 sat less than two weeks ago, i'd say MINT is just consolidating. No reason to panic sell ATM!

Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some
there is a 23 btc buy wall at 1 satoshi on mintpal, but other than that no significant buying pressure

now what does that tell you?

Cheesy
If you want cheap coins, it is actually smarter to take away buy orders from the order book as it helps to try to produce downward pressure, so you can buy up the cheap coins. putting buy at 1 satoshi just in case someone deeply panics.

For example: you want to buy cheap coins at say 16 sats but nobody is selling. Take out all of your buy orders and sell a few btc worth down to 15. Watch for the market to move down, still don't place any buy orders on the books because that shows support. Place some sell oders on the books at about 18 satoshis to induce people to undercut you. Wait for the sell orders stack up at 15 16 and 17. Then buy all up to 17 and using cost averaging you will have obtained all of the coins for an average price of ~16 sats. The thing is you you don't show your buy orders, you actually want the market to drop as much as possible before you swoop in to buy.
Jump to: