Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 615. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
This faucet has dried:

http://coinok.pw/faucet/mint/

Could some donator help? Thanks!
Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some
20 satoshi per month sounds reasonable.
Activity: 574
Hello Mintcoin thread. ...Realistically, where do you see the price of this coin in a few months? (I know I will get biased answers, try to keep it to a minimum please).
Activity: 154
Merit: 100

It is starting on Cryptsy today.

I dont understand why people would trade with cryptsy. It kinda sucks, I remember I deposited 0.01 BTC once and it took over a week to arrive LOL. I actually believe I will read about cryptsy on the bitcoin reddit one day like "big exchange goes under and takes peoples coins with it"

Fully agree - I only use Mintpal nowadays - half the fees and it just works. However, be aware guys that these sort of buy orders are what they do BEFORE the pump - that is they buy them up now and then get others (fools mostly) to pump it up for them in order to dump their coins for a tidy return - leaving others holding a bag full of coins they paid 20% or higher more for.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Okay guys i need some help,
when i try to open my wallet i get :
"
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application;s support team for more information.
"

What is the problem here ? How to fix that ?

I tried several different things to fix this error.
Ultimately here's what seems to have worked for me ... time will tell:
  • open %APPDATA% folder ... rename MintCoin folder
  • create new MintCoin folder
  • copy backup wallet.dat file into the new MintCoin folder
  • create mintcoin.conf file to include rpc information (see below) mintcoind will throw an error if it's not there
  • start mintcoind.exe from the command line and let it rebuild the local blockchain database
  • wait
  • wait some more
  • wait just a little more
  • close mintcoind.exe with a Ctrl+C
  • start mintcoin as usual
Code:
rpcuser=somemintcoinuser
rpcpassword=putyourfavoritepasswordhere

Hope this helps...
Activity: 133
Merit: 11

I dont understand why people would trade with cryptsy. It kinda sucks, I remember I deposited 0.01 BTC once and it took over a week to arrive LOL. I actually believe I will read about cryptsy on the bitcoin reddit one day like "big exchange goes under and takes peoples coins with it"

Time to go up again. The walls up to 24 are thinning. This is a "shake out". Expect a buy up to 23 soon followed by the 24 sell wall going down by around 5btc before the rest pull their orders.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004
Hey guys, Blackcoin now has a multipool that profitswitches other coins, trades them and pays out in Blackcoin. Where is the Mintcoin version ya damn slackers?

Potentially highly abuseable. Owner of the multipool could mine these profitable coins then cash them into BTC, then only use a portion of the bitcoin to buy back into Blackcoin.

Also slightly pointless for mintcoin anyway! Cant mine mintcoin anymore obv

Thats the whole point you cant mine blackcoin or mintcoin so you need to mine the other coins and trade for btc and then trade btc for mint or black. Somebody has set up a pool that pays out in BC. It remains to be seen how trustworthy the operator is. If somebody wants to set up a pool that pays out in mint I'm sure some miners will mine with you.
Activity: 133
Merit: 11
Hey guys, Blackcoin now has a multipool that profitswitches other coins, trades them and pays out in Blackcoin. Where is the Mintcoin version ya damn slackers?

Potentially highly abuseable. Owner of the multipool could mine these profitable coins then cash them into BTC, then only use a portion of the bitcoin to buy back into Blackcoin.

Also slightly pointless for mintcoin anyway! Cant mine mintcoin anymore obv
Activity: 325
Activity: 238
legendary
Activity: 126
Ya coolbeans I was trading during that point and it was pretty exciting. I think there's a lot of interest in this coin.

Yeah, I think once people are convinced MINT is not a pump and dump it will gain real traction. Unfortunately, I think a lot of people panic sold during the big drop from 63 sats. Good news is most of those people who were going to sell probably already have. But people are treading carefully waiting for impatient people who were never intending to go long on MINT with it to begin with to keep selling at low prices.
Totally right bro. Patience is all that everyone who isn't a whale needs. That and as many mintcoins as possible!
Activity: 364
whats up with the minting orphans being out of control? i get probably 10-15 a day. I have only in the past week got 3 accepted minting shares? Is there something wrong? IS everyone else getting so many orphans.

do you have a small amount of mint or a large amount?
Fairly large.... I have gotten over 30000 mints in 7 orphan blocks today.

My week long orphan and wallet not responding problem went away when I updated to the 1.5 wallet. Now I only get an occasioanal orphan.
Have you tried to update to v1.5 yet lava? If not try it and let us know here if it resolves the issue.
Activity: 713
Merit: 252
there will be a time when people would kick themselves because they didn't bought mint at the 2 digit satoshi prices.

Yes, I am not selling.
I have seen so many whales buying in at 25 level few days back.
Mintcoin@longterm is the way to go!

I did some someone snatch up 25 BTC worth of mint at 25 satoshis 2 or 3 days ago.  I went ahead and removed my 19 satoshi order and bought at 25 with him on a different exchange. Regretting my lack of patients at this point. I do however feel like whales have been buying this coin though.
legendary
whats up with the minting orphans being out of control? i get probably 10-15 a day. I have only in the past week got 3 accepted minting shares? Is there something wrong? IS everyone else getting so many orphans.

do you have a small amount of mint or a large amount?
Fairly large.... I have gotten over 30000 mints in 7 orphan blocks today.

My week long orphan and wallet not responding problem went away when I updated to the 1.5 wallet. Now I only get an occasioanal orphan.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0

Grin

if the kid was giving the finger or something this might be funny

Hahah  Cheesy well this picture becomes more relevant in the future ( i hope ) Grin
Jump to: