Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 62. (Read 1369777 times)

Activity: 128
Merit: 100
Hi! we created a multicurrency dice site: www.cryptosdice.com

We are looking for people that want to be part of the Mintcoin bankroll! on july 11 we are going to activated those currencies with enough bankroll. We think this is a good opportunity for Mintcoin community as it offers many advantatges:

1 - A way to spend Mintcoin - dice games are a good step in any crptocurrency development.
2 - A way for investors to earn.
3 - Mintcoin wins visibility, It will be displayed in our website next to btc or ltc. Also our site have faucet for any of the altcoins accepted.
4 - Affiliates earn coins in the original bet currency, so users that don't know about Mintcoin may find they have some balance of this currency because their referrals's earnings and start to learn about Mintcoin.

Happy betting and investing!
Activity: 213
are there any bountys for translations?
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Blockchain Developer
Any news on solving the blockchain bloat problem that affects all cryptos eventually?

I know that some of you Mint guys are at the forefront in finding a solution.

I actually have been working on some code to take care of this. Haven't put a lot of time into it lately though, I don't have much incentive too, but I would guess I am 75% of the way to a beta version of the code.

Is there a way this incentive can be brought back?

Well my own coin, HyperStake is around block 700k, so bloat will come in the mid-term for that and would incentivize me. I have paid projects I am working on on the side, so they take priority over projects that are just sort of for fun.
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
Any news on solving the blockchain bloat problem that affects all cryptos eventually?

I actually have been working on some code to take care of this. Haven't put a lot of time into it lately though, I don't have much incentive too, but I would guess I am 75% of the way to a beta version of the code.

Is there a way this incentive can be brought back?

And @Msile: 5% is still way more banks will give on a regular account. I have made huge gains net worth wise since i invested in Mint. It was a wise choise, and still is
Activity: 154
buying coins to mint will be less effective and thus will be in less demand.

Everyone has their own opinion.  Wink

I actually have been working on some code to take care of this.

Nice to see presstab in the mint thread again.  Smiley

From my understanding, the current minting is 5%, right ?

Current is 10%.  Moving to 5% next halving.
Activity: 746
Merit: 500
I just discovered MINT.

From my understanding, the current minting is 5%, right ?

How will it be after halving? Really half the current % ?
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Blockchain Developer

Activity: 658
Merit: 503
It's strange how unlike with mining, a reward halving for minting can be so unpredictable.

The new supply will be lower, but buying coins to mint will be less effective and thus will be in less demand.
Activity: 356
Merit: 250
Happy Independence Day. Keep on minting my friends!
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1010
Tubularwindow thanks for creating the countdown and pointing out that coolbeans data should be added to op.  Faucet also updated.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
I made a countdown for the final annual reward halving to 5% for Mintcoin here: http://www.arewethere.yt/MINTCOIN-HALVING/46815.htm#.V3YKwDHLf_o

I noticed that some of the information on the front page of this thread needs to be updated.
On the Announcement Page under the "Mintcoin: Year 1 Minting Statistics"... a lot of that is outdated now. Do you think we should put up more relevant info?

For example maybe it should say should say "Mintcoin: Recent Minting Statistics" and use some of the more updated info like For example (some of the stats from coolbeans' a few posts back)

Mintcoin: Recent Minting Statistics

~Mintcoin Original Launch Date: February 06, 2014
The following stats are based on current information as of June 15th 2016:
~Block Count: 2.6-Million
~Coin Count: 23.2-Billion
~Current minting block reward rate is 10% annually
~Minting participation rate is currently at: 55%
~Annual increase in the money supply of currently: 5.5%
https://i.imgur.com/G2pZJVd.png
~Average of about 3.4-million new coins per day being minted currently
~Price Per Coin: $0.000057USD, 0.00000009BTC
~Market Capitalization: $1,322,400USD, 2,083BTC
~Price change in last 365 days: +54% in $USD.
~Expected Halving: December 2016 http://www.arewethere.yt/MINTCOIN-HALVING/46815.htm#.V3YRyDHLf_p

And also the Faucet Link needs to be updated on the front page. multifaucet link is broken need to change to cryptoguru
http://[Suspicious link removed]/Faucet/index.php?Currency=MINT
Donate to Faucet:MXNH23juP3k44wZLPNMc485BucZ3TfNbAE
Activity: 291
Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30
I like POS but not seen MINT, only now. I should get some MINT I think, and start minting.

Really? You haven't seen MINT until now? MINT is one of the oldest POS coins. It was the first POS coin to be launched originally starting out as POW for the initial distribution. Takes a while to download the blockchain, but there is a bootstrap and it is a very fast transaction coin. Price tends to be more stable than a lot of others and retain it's value over the years. It has good reliable POS design so that a lot of people can participate in the POS process and get minting. It takes 20 days before coins mature for minting.
Activity: 392
my magic is growing strong[er]
I like POS but not seen MINT, only now. I should get some MINT I think, and start minting.
Activity: 291
Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30
Hey! What's new?

What is everyone's plan for the halving coming up at the end of the year? Buy more now? Sell while the rate is higher? Wait to buy later for if people dump after the halving?
New coins being minted will be cut in half, so it will be even harder to accumulate a larger pile of coins. What effect do you think this has?
I tend to think some people might dump when the rate goes down, if they expect a price rise and it doesn't happen right away, and then, the very act of them dumping, will cause the price to drop more, and really discourage people, but this will be the best opportunity. This will really shake out the weak hands, but then I think the price will turn around and go up more steadily and they will have regretted it. 
Anyway, keep up the good work! This coin is excellent. It is nice to mint more, and more each month, it is like automatically reinvesting mining operations.
Activity: 356

glad you understand that mint isnt the only affected one by this... i will tell you it is being worked on for 2.1 push which is why it is taking so long

How do you know such a huge problem is being fixed?

Additionally, the solution won't be solved through a random coin's code alone; this is a multi-layered issue. Tongue
I think he is part of the MINT dev team, so that's how he would know. It has been a topic of discussion a lot in this Thread before too.
MINT has over 2.6-million blocks, so we are definitely aware and awake. We are not just some random coin. We are dedicated group. Crypto enthusiasts and we focus on the nitty gritty for optimal long-term coin design, more than trying to just hype our coin to the top of the charts. This is a marathon not a sprint. The coin is completely unbacked by any company or centralized institution. Mintcoin was forged as a result of community rallying behind it because we see it has a bright future. Our coin parameters and design are unique from any other coin. Many clone coins have descended from MINT. As I understand it, Mintcoin was the first coin of its type, the first coin launched that is full POS now that started as full POW for the initial distribution.
Activity: 307

glad you understand that mint isnt the only affected one by this... i will tell you it is being worked on for 2.1 push which is why it is taking so long
I will look forward to 2.1 ... as no doubt will the Devs of other coins that have been around for a similar time.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Offer escrow, receive negative trust

How do you know such a huge problem is being fixed?

Additionally, the solution won't be solved through a random coin's code alone; this is a multi-layered issue. Tongue
Activity: 703

Activity: 307

Activity: 425
So I guess a flaw was discovered and exploited in ETH and DAO that is why they are crashing today.

MINT unaffected. Going strong now almost 2.5 years!

Oh snap!
http://www.livebitcoinnews.com/dao-attacker-says-3m-ether-loss-is-legal/
Pages:
Jump to: