Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 58. (Read 1369777 times)

Activity: 117
Merit: 10
Bter had delisted mint at one point and then re-added.  So yes, possible.

2/25/14
Added to exchange Bter.com
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5349714

9/10/15
Re-added to exchange bter.com
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12385588

Every exchange has a different protocol for why/how coins are listed and delisted.  It may also be worth considering that BitLicensed exchanges could potentially vet coins in a very different way compared to non-licensed exchanges.   Wink

Does anyone know why they re-listed?

Hello everyone. Looks like another exchange bites the dust?
Poloniex showing their true colors eh? A bunch of greedy fanboys.
What kind of exchange gives no reason and just 2 weeks notice to delist an international currency market that has been serviced for years? Lost all respect.
This is not professional.
This is ridiculous, intolerable behavior.
Financial/economic pandemonium.

As for Bter, To my knowledge they never got delisted.  I think the wallet was just under maintenance for a few weeks at one point.

Even though Poloniex is one of the bigger exchanges, I'd only ever gotten as far as making an account there.
Thankfully too, because I'd started getting emails about suspicious logins from them. Someone in Denmark was logging into my account.
(I know this isn't Polo's fault - probably my own fault for not being careful enough)

This caused a huge panic and change of every password, but also left me with two little gifts.
1.) Taught me to 2nd factor auth. everything that I can or care about.
2.) Scared me the hell away from Poloniex

Now I'm more than happy I stayed away, but still a shame that MINT has one less exchange...
Activity: 356
Merit: 250

2/25/14

9/10/15

Every exchange has a different protocol for why/how coins are listed and delisted.  It may also be worth considering that BitLicensed exchanges could potentially vet coins in a very different way compared to non-licensed exchanges.   Wink

Hello everyone. Looks like another exchange bites the dust?
Poloniex showing their true colors eh? A bunch of greedy fanboys.
What kind of exchange gives no reason and just 2 weeks notice to delist an international currency market that has been serviced for years? Lost all respect.
This is not professional.
This is ridiculous, intolerable behavior.
Financial/economic pandemonium.

As for Bter, To my knowledge they never got delisted.  I think the wallet was just under maintenance for a few weeks at one point.

2/25/14

9/10/15

Still on BTER!  Grin
Sorry, but don't trust them.

To be fair, while withdrawals can occasionally take longer then a few days, they are all eventually resolved.  They were hacked at one point but they at least have an active plan to pay back debts to those affected which appears to be running smoothly.  I don't believe the hack involved mintcoin but other coins such as btc.

Exactly!

One of the reasons I trust them most is that they've been hacked, and are still running smooth - letting me withdraw my 250,000 NEM.
I've also already withdrew 2.3 BTC, 1,025,000 MINT and 1,000,000 FLT.

Its great that other exchanges haven't been hacked, and I hope it stays that way, but if they had been - how would they handle it?
It's not obstacles that make or break you, but how you choose to handle these obstacles.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1010
Once a coin gets delisted, is it possible to get it back on that same exchange?
If so how does the community focus on doing that?

2/25/14

9/10/15

Every exchange has a different protocol for why/how coins are listed and delisted.  It may also be worth considering that BitLicensed exchanges could potentially vet coins in a very different way compared to non-licensed exchanges.   Wink

Once a coin gets delisted, is it possible to get it back on that same exchange?
If so how does the community focus on doing that?
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Kaspa
Hey minters!

A lot has been going on recently that I'd like to address in the name of transparency.

URSAY and cryptomommy have been working together to transfer mint related domains mintcoinofficial.com and mintcoinfund.com.  After the transfer we decided it was best to shut down the sites as they existed for a number of reasons.  Wordpress sites can be vulnerable to attack and we've had continued issues with the forums.  An offline copy of the site exists and will be referenced when needed as we rebuild a new site based on the communities needs moving forward.  Thanks to cryptomommy for helping make mintcoin what it is today and helping us transition smoothly.

I don't believe anyone on the team received any warning in regards to the Bleutrade and recent Poloniex delisting announcements.  We're working to communicate with Polo and other contacts to find out more and try to reverse any such delisting.  You can still trade on Cryptopia, Bter, ShapeShift, and SouthXchange.  Additionally, we're working to bring mint to decentralized exchange BitSquare.

Are you a fan of Slack?  We added a Slack group a couple weeks ago to switch things up a bit.  Don't worry, we don't have plans to shut down any other particular social channel.  We've even connected our irc and Slack channels to provide more options for the community.  Wanna join?  Sign up at mintcoin-slack.herokuapp.com

2 years strong.  Our roots are just now spreading and we're planted firm.  Stay minty fresh my friends.  Smiley

Polo's response to me was... "We list and delist coins for a variety of reasons. If there's a new coin you'd like to see on the exchange, please submit a coin request."

!!?? not an answer at all, and why the heck would anyone request a coin to be added to an exchange that has zero respect for it's users or coins/communities listed?

I say f#ck them if they don't respect community coins, they're trying to play god... like everyone keeps saying this is the problem with "centralized exchanges" for decentralized coins/communities.

I don't think I've ever heard of foul play at cryptopia, maybe we could convince trex or yobit to add us as well.

I don't use slack at all but a site that could potentially be a great spot to grow a community coin is www.crypto-city.com, it has community pages, forums, private or public chatrooms with audio (and soon video) conferencing and other cool features, it could be a very useful hub for coins. everything is free to use of course.

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1010
Still on BTER!  Grin
Sorry, but don't trust them.

To be fair, while withdrawals can occasionally take longer then a few days, they are all eventually resolved.  They were hacked at one point but they at least have an active plan to pay back debts to those affected which appears to be running smoothly.  I don't believe the hack involved mintcoin but other coins such as btc.
Activity: 896
Merit: 553
MINT will be delisted on Polo. Cry
bye-bye. Cry

More like good time to buy Smiley
Activity: 325
Hey minters!

A lot has been going on recently that I'd like to address in the name of transparency.

URSAY and cryptomommy have been working together to transfer mint related domains mintcoinofficial.com and mintcoinfund.com.  After the transfer we decided it was best to shut down the sites as they existed for a number of reasons.  Wordpress sites can be vulnerable to attack and we've had continued issues with the forums.  An offline copy of the site exists and will be referenced when needed as we rebuild a new site based on the communities needs moving forward.  Thanks to cryptomommy for helping make mintcoin what it is today and helping us transition smoothly.

I don't believe anyone on the team received any warning in regards to the Bleutrade and recent Poloniex delisting announcements.  We're working to communicate with Polo and other contacts to find out more and try to reverse any such delisting.  You can still trade on Cryptopia, Bter, ShapeShift, and SouthXchange.  Additionally, we're working to bring mint to decentralized exchange BitSquare.

Are you a fan of Slack?  We added a Slack group a couple weeks ago to switch things up a bit.  Don't worry, we don't have plans to shut down any other particular social channel.  We've even connected our irc and Slack channels to provide more options for the community.  Wanna join?  Sign up at mintcoin-slack.herokuapp.com

2 years strong.  Our roots are just now spreading and we're planted firm.  Stay minty fresh my friends.  Smiley
Activity: 127
Merit: 100
MINT will be delisted on Polo. Cry
bye-bye. Cry
Activity: 291
Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30
Don't they let the developers know the reasons?

We're working to understand the issue so we can potentially reverse any removal.  We'll be working on this throughout the day.

Can you keep us informed here? Also has there been a official response from poloniex yet?

The fact that Poloniex is even conducting themselves in such a manner is telling of their character. It honestly makes me upset. Makes me not want to do business with them anymore at all, for any coin for that matter.

Oops, sry.  Mis-read.  Do the figures at coinmarketcap or coincap.io work for you?

That was my whole point in asking. Those numbers  are not accurate. I want the current and accurate coin count. The Cryptoguru block explorer is still syncing up but it is taking a while. Probably be next month before it's synced and shows the correct coin supply. Maybe this is part of the reason for them delisting frim Poloniex? Maybe they saw the Chainz explorer is obsolete and the coin supply count is stalled and so they think our coin is a shitcoin lol. But we are working on it. The other block explorers just aren't synced yet.
We still have Cryptopia.  Wow this sucks though and such a sudden notice is so short. No reason? Killing the price apparently.
Activity: 79

We're working to understand the issue so we can potentially reverse any removal.  We'll be working on this throughout the day.

Can you keep us informed here? Also has there been a official response from poloniex yet?
Activity: 301
Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Activity: 896
Merit: 553
Activity: 308
MINT is being delisted from POLO on 9/5.
it is bad black day for mint now .I think better to find another big exchange or mint will be so cheap as 1 year ago
Pages:
Jump to: