Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 60. (Read 1369777 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
anyone got a guide for putting a Mint node together on a Raspberry Pi? looking to dish out to friends and family

Are you not worried about giving full nodes to friends and family who may not understand basic computer security?  I'm guessing the idea is that they would have funds on the portable devices.  There's plenty of options for inputs and outputs on these devices.  How do you secure the user?  This is more of a crypto problem then a mint problem but should be addressed as we want minters to feel secure and confident in their market and personal management of their mints.  Finally, shouldn't a mint scented spray be added to every node for ambiance?  STAY FRESH.   Kiss

anyone got a guide for putting a Mint node together on a Raspberry Pi? looking to dish out to friends and family
You mean like a mobile phone wallet?

Mini monitor, battery solar operated, etc. etc.  Mmmmmmmmm.  #MintFuture
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30
You mean like a mobile phone wallet?
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Kaspa
we're still on poloniex so I'm happy, wallet was working fine last time I minted
Activity: 703
Just realized there is a MintCoin Faucet at coinpayments.net.

http://explorer.coinpayments.net/index.php?chain=16

I don't see a direct link, but you just have to click on faucet at the top. It needs to be funded to start working.   Smiley  Roll Eyes
Let me open my wallet and sync it... then I'll fund it with 250,000
Just realized there is a MintCoin Faucet at coinpayments.net.

http://explorer.coinpayments.net/index.php?chain=16

I don't see a direct link, but you just have to click on faucet at the top. It needs to be funded to start working.   Smiley  Roll Eyes
Activity: 490
Merit: 10
Activity: 703
this is a test of mintcoin notification service
I'm talking about exchanges, we all knowing risks but exchanges are still very needed.

Have you considered helping add mint to the decentralized exchange BitSquare?

https://forum.bitsquare.io/t/how-to-add-your-favorite-altcoin/46
The only thing I can think of is our block explorer.

I see block explorer(S)...  Tongue

Cryptopia
ProHashing
CoinPayments
Cryptoguru.tk
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
MINT is removed from Bleutrade
I'm talking about exchanges, we all knowing risks but exchanges are still very needed.

Is there any reason why MINT wouldn't qualify to be added to bitsquare? The only thing I can think of is our block explorer.  Since we switched from Chainz to Cryptoguru it is still not fully synced up yet and will probably take another month or so before it is caught up and immediately useful. Then once it is synced we should probably request coinmarketcap.com to update to it too as it is currently sho an incorrect coin count.

Activity: 476
Coins in circulation are those in use and there are actual need for them. Coins in wallet are also needed, not only for minting but for influencing the price, trough scarcity and demand.
The majority of coins do not need to be in active circulation. You only need in active circulation the amount of coins necessary to perform your transactions. There are billions of coins in circulation which is plenty to facilitate any payments needed. Just because some coins are in cold storage doesn't mean they are "out" of circulation. They can be circulated if needed. If for example, all mintcoins except like 5 coins were left in circulation then you would have a problem. But that is not the case, and by people doing some minting this is prevented from ever being the case.
MInt is good coin once i was mint miner for a very short time.. I'm talking about exchanges, we all knowing risks but exchanges are still very needed. And majority of coins must not be in cold wallets but instead in circulation..
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1010
I guess bitfinex got hacked .  Lots of BTC stolen.

Broken record says:

Don't keep your coins on exchanges.

Encrypt your wallet with a strong password.

Have backups of your wallet.dat.

Be safe out there people...cold world might need a cold wallet.  Tongue
But if you don't trust to anybody there is no need for coins at all. Coins are good only if they are used as payment methods.. Roll Eyes

Actually, not trusting a traditional financial system is EXACTLY why many people hold coins.  Additionally, what makes you think mint cannot be used as a payment method?  The wallet is working just fine and mint is accepted by many other users, businesses, and exchanges.  Smiley

Broken record says:

Be safe out there people...cold world might need a cold wallet.  Tongue
But if you don't trust to anybody there is no need for coins at all. Coins are good only if they are used as payment methods.. Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1010

Broken record says:

Be safe out there people...cold world might need a cold wallet.  Tongue
I guess bitfinex got hacked .  Lots of BTC stolen.
Activity: 356
people are speculating in the 2nd generation currency those days like ETH ETC LSK .....
They are not without their issues.
Pages:
Jump to: