Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 668. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
out of curiosity, what makes holding this coin better than holding hobonickels?
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
I never locked the wallet, so why would it need to be unlocked if it was never locked?

I think most of us have it encrypted and unlocked. Maybe it's a bug with unencrypted minting?

I take it you all have the most current wallet from http://mintcoin.cc/download-wallet/ ?

Yup! v1.4.0.0

Wrong version then. I wonder if "Snarky Asshat" Poogasm is too.

http://s29.postimg.org/pvfyxplqf/wallet.png
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Well if your coins have just hit maturity that wallet was released on the 21/02/2014 so if you've been using the same wallet all along you must not have the right version.

Those coins would have entered your wallet around the 13th of Feb I believe ?
Doesn't work that way. If you move the wallet.dat file, the coin age is not reset.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Have you contacted Mintpal about this? I'm seeing the graph for Mintcoin not updating as well.
Yes. No answer yet. It will come eventually - Jason always answers.

Anyway, I am tired of all this. I will just move my money to invest on just-dice. More than 50 % interest rate on average annually for a completely fire-and-forget solution. Peace of mind.
I will continue animating the mintcoin community, hoping to get my investment back and will try to get some nextcoins or NEM or Credits, but that's mostly all.

I choose life.
Well if your coins have just hit maturity that wallet was released on the 21/02/2014 so if you've been using the same wallet all along you must not have the right version.

Those coins would have entered your wallet around the 13th of Feb I believe ?
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
I never locked the wallet, so why would it need to be unlocked if it was never locked?

I think most of us have it encrypted and unlocked. Maybe it's a bug with unencrypted minting?

I take it you all have the most current wallet from http://mintcoin.cc/download-wallet/ ?

Yup! v1.4.0.0

Who knows? I will keep waiting since my coin age just hit the 20 day mark.

Activity: 168
I am done. I am now 8 days past when I should have started minting and I have gotten zip.
I am going to stash the coins I have securely and forgot about them for a few months, see if this shit magically gets its act together while I am gone.

Good luck folks.

*in before all the useless comments. The coins are well past 20 days, the wallet is not locked, never has been, it is connecting just fine, I did sacrifice a chicken to the Mint wallet gods, etc.

Oh look I'm minting as I type. Why don't you trouble shoot your problem before you slate the coin.

Assumptions are bad, stating them as fact is worse...

Note the bit about in before useless comments? That is there because I have done trouble shooting on this since the day my first coins hit coin age.
Snarky asshats with useless responses like yours is the second reason I am bailing on this shitshow.

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
I notice your wallet has an unlocked symbol? My wallet does not show the unlocked symbol or has it ever been locked. A bit confused because I have other PoS coins like HBN and TES and they produce coins.  

Yes you have to unlock for the coins (in my experience). e.g below - type this into the debug console:

walletpassphrase YOURPASSWORD TIMETOKEEPWALLETUNLOCKED true

walletpassphrase MYPASSWORD 99999 true

If this helps feel free to donate  Tongue
MXrb2YBWeTFfhKLErEY3iMrwGyY83FAYYa

If you've never encrypted your wallet, there should be no need to unlock it.
I am done. I am now 8 days past when I should have started minting and I have gotten zip.
I am going to stash the coins I have securely and forgot about them for a few months, see if this shit magically gets its act together while I am gone.

Good luck folks.

*in before all the useless comments. The coins are well past 20 days, the wallet is not locked, never has been, it is connecting just fine, I did sacrifice a chicken to the Mint wallet gods, etc.

Oh look I'm minting as I type. Why don't you trouble shoot your problem before you slate the coin.

http://s8.postimg.org/yj0188p05/mint.png

I notice your wallet has an unlocked symbol? My wallet does not show the unlocked symbol or has it ever been locked. A bit confused because I have other PoS coins like HBN and TES and they produce coins.  

Yes you have to unlock for the coins (in my experience). e.g below - type this into the debug console:

walletpassphrase YOURPASSWORD TIMETOKEEPWALLETUNLOCKED true

walletpassphrase MYPASSWORD 99999 true

If this helps feel free to donate  Tongue
MXrb2YBWeTFfhKLErEY3iMrwGyY83FAYYa
Activity: 308
Thanks for the reply.
Too bad the problem gut buried by the coin pumpers.

If the main feature of this coin, POS Minting, does not work, IT WILL GET DUMPED.

Still no dev response here or on mintcointalk...

We're investigating, but it could take some time to find out what is causing that.

Thanks for the reply!  Smiley
Activity: 325
Thanks for the reply.
Too bad the problem gut buried by the coin pumpers.

If the main feature of this coin, POS Minting, does not work, IT WILL GET DUMPED.

Still no dev response here or on mintcointalk...

We're investigating, but it could take some time to find out what is causing that.

Good luck folks.

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
█ Scrooge D Silver █
Don't get fooled by the whales. They want to see your buy orders, so they can sell it off higher. This halving tomorrow shouldn't have any effect on the coin.
Activity: 126

Good luck folks.

I was just about to recommend sacrificing a chicken, but you did that already. One thing I've noticed is the wallet is having intermittent connection issues on my machine that is W7 and 'not quite factory spec' in terms of its registration to Microsoft. On my other 'factory fresh' machines the wallet works like a champ. Maybe try a whole other computer? Just something to try before the cold storage option.

Good luck folks.

http://s8.postimg.org/yj0188p05/mint.png
legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002
MINT and many other coins rise faster before they get onto Cryptsy.

Cryptsy is often a coin killer.

+1 but I think that's because people believe once they get on cryptsy they will go up... So they buy buy buy before it hits cryptsy so I guess some good comes from bad?

there's an old adage...

Buy on the rumor, sell on the news!
Jump to: