Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 669. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I am done. I am now 8 days past when I should have started minting and I have gotten zip.
I am going to stash the coins I have securely and forgot about them for a few months, see if this shit magically gets its act together while I am gone.

Good luck folks.

*in before all the useless comments. The coins are well past 20 days, the wallet is not locked, never has been, it is connecting just fine, I did sacrifice a chicken to the Mint wallet gods, etc.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
The mintcoin wallet is hanging after enabling minting, shows (not responding) and doesnt mint.
It minted 2 transactions that were generated but not accepted, and now it just hangs after enabling minting.
This issue has been reported in the mintcoinforum also. Has anyone seen a dev response to this issue?

Tried clean reinstall of 1.4.
Tried repairwallet, and wallet check passed.
It is only using 17% proc and 94k memory, and there are no big errors in the debug log.

Will moving the coins to a new wallet will reset the coin age timer and cause me to lose the first month stake?

Moving the coins probably won't help you, but yes, it would reset the timer.  You could try downloading a new wallet and just move your wallet.dat file to it.  But I don't think it will work.

My wallet is totally fucked too.  I'm part of the team and the dev is aware of the problem.  I've tried everything you can imagine and there is no solution so far.  I've spent at least 18 hrs fucking around with it.  I even sent it to another team member who confirmed the problem.  Somehow 50k disappeared today while I was testing.  I received maybe 1% of the minting I should have before it shut down.  I have literally tried everything I can on windows.

I managed to make 2 transactions to Mintpal of 100k each.  Each transaction took about 30 minutes.  So my balance is 200k less, but mintpal never received anything from me.  Pretty soon, I'm going to be in Mint debt at this rate.  So if I were you, I would maybe sit tight and not do anything until someone figures this shit out.  All I'm doing is losing coins and a lot of time.  I knew I couldn't be the only user dealing with this.
However, I don't think anything is being done about it either.  I think this is going to be huge problem once everyone starts minting.  During the minting process is when things go to shit.  There has to be a bug.

I'll help if I can, but I'm so irritated I'm just ready to delete the whole goddamn wallet and move on.

Thanks for the reply.
Too bad the problem gut buried by the coin pumpers.

If the main feature of this coin, POS Minting, does not work, IT WILL GET DUMPED.

Still no dev response here or on mintcointalk...

Minting works just fine. You must have not unlocked your wallet or let your coins mature for the required time.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Something is really wrong on Mintpal. And I lost money here.
Mintpal did not update and so, I miss the opportunity to sell at, say 30.

Have you contacted Mintpal about this? I'm seeing the graph for Mintcoin not updating as well.
Is there a wallet console command to show coin age? I should start minting today or tomorrow since I started mining on Feb 13th and have not transferred any amount of mint, no lock or encryption either and my wallet as only shut down to upgrade.

Not that I know of, you just go under Transactions and look for when the coins were received.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Is there a wallet console command to show coin age? I should start minting today or tomorrow since I started mining on Feb 13th and have not transferred any amount of mint, no lock or encryption either and my wallet as only shut down to upgrade.
Activity: 385
I'm disappointed. The pump stop just when I bought...

Makes me feel better holding onto 160mill for the past 3 weeks.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
MINT and many other coins rise faster before they get onto Cryptsy.

Cryptsy is often a coin killer.

+1 but I think that's because people believe once they get on cryptsy they will go up... So they buy buy buy before it hits cryptsy so I guess some good comes from bad?
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
RISE Project Manager
MINT and many other coins rise faster before they get onto Cryptsy.

Cryptsy is often a coin killer.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

happens to me every f**** time...... Sad
Lol happened to me too .... Oh well . I'll hold my mints!!!
Activity: 840
Merit: 516
The mintcoin wallet is hanging after enabling minting, shows (not responding) and doesnt mint.
It minted 2 transactions that were generated but not accepted, and now it just hangs after enabling minting.
This issue has been reported in the mintcoinforum also. Has anyone seen a dev response to this issue?

It is only using 17% proc and 94k memory, and there are no big errors in the debug log.

Will moving the coins to a new wallet will reset the coin age timer and cause me to lose the first month stake?

Moving the coins probably won't help you, but yes, it would reset the timer.  You could try downloading a new wallet and just move your wallet.dat file to it.  But I don't think it will work.

My wallet is totally fucked too.  I'm part of the team and the dev is aware of the problem.  I've tried everything you can imagine and there is no solution so far.  I've spent at least 18 hrs fucking around with it.  I even sent it to another team member who confirmed the problem.  Somehow 50k disappeared today while I was testing.  I received maybe 1% of the minting I should have before it shut down.  I have literally tried everything I can on windows.

I managed to make 2 transactions to Mintpal of 100k each.  Each transaction took about 30 minutes.  So my balance is 200k less, but mintpal never received anything from me.  Pretty soon, I'm going to be in Mint debt at this rate.  So if I were you, I would maybe sit tight and not do anything until someone figures this shit out.  All I'm doing is losing coins and a lot of time.  I knew I couldn't be the only user dealing with this.
However, I don't think anything is being done about it either.  I think this is going to be huge problem once everyone starts minting.  During the minting process is when things go to shit.  There has to be a bug.

I'll help if I can, but I'm so irritated I'm just ready to delete the whole goddamn wallet and move on.

Thanks for the reply.

If the main feature of this coin, POS Minting, does not work, IT WILL GET DUMPED.

Sorry you're having problems. Minting works fine for me so far.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Something is really wrong on Mintpal. And I lost money here.
Mintpal did not update and so, I missed the opportunity to sell at, say 30.

The red frame in the two pictures is not positionned at the same location. It is just there to give an idea.
Activity: 364

Thanks for the reply.

I wonder how it is you are having so much trouble. I've never had an issue with my wallet and I've done all the same things. No problems whatsoever.

Well, I hope you get it sorted, good luck.
Activity: 364
That Moolah looks like an amazing service

From what I have seen so far , Moolah looks like a great service. It is ambitious projects like this that will put and keep crytocurrencies on the map. If mint gets picked up that would be a huge step for us. Lets show our support and let moolah know mint is here to stay, and we have a great community to support a great coin, great projects and great services.

They added it right after I signed up and asked via support. So it's there now. I guess a bunch of people have been asking because it was literally added like two seconds after I made a ticket
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
That Moolah looks like an amazing service

From what I have seen so far , Moolah looks like a great service. It is ambitious projects like this that will put and keep crytocurrencies on the map. If mint gets picked up that would be a huge step for us. Lets show our support and let moolah know mint is here to stay, and we have a great community to support a great coin, great projects and great services.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

There will be more pumps soon I reckon  Grin
Activity: 105
Merit: 10

Thanks for the reply.

0% fee - 9 stratums worldwide - nothing less!

Signup now, pool's waiting for you.

http://mint.poolerino.com/

for our complete list of supported coins, visit poolerino.com

Activity: 280
By reading it on reddit it sounds like a big news Smiley

http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/1zn0om/mintcoin_moolah/

Just signed up for moolah! Can't wait for Mint to be supported (tonight).

I also tweeted them to let them know I'm subscribing because of mint
Jump to: