Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 667. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 105
Merit: 10
Thanks for the reply.
Too bad the problem gut buried by the coin pumpers.

If the main feature of this coin, POS Minting, does not work, IT WILL GET DUMPED.

Still no dev response here or on mintcointalk...

We're investigating, but it could take some time to find out what is causing that.

Thanks for the response, that is good to hear.

PM me if you would like more info/logs, or have a workaround to try.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
MINT at 27! It's moving again!  Grin
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Why to mine Mint when Ekrona is going to be the next Aurora? Hashrate is rising rapidly and it's like Aurora 3 weeks ago. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-krn-ekrona-not-only-for-vikings-scrypt-kgw-no-premine-33-mblocks-421376

Next week people will be asking why I not mined this coin when diff was ONLY 8 or 10 and now its 50. Or why I did not bought it when it was under 0.0002. etc.

I think you posted this in the wrong thread.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Why to mine Mint when Ekrona is going to be the next Aurora? Hashrate is rising rapidly and it's like Aurora 3 weeks ago. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-krn-ekrona-not-only-for-vikings-scrypt-kgw-no-premine-33-mblocks-421376

Next week people will be asking why I not mined this coin when diff was ONLY 8 or 10 and now its 50. Or why I did not bought it when it was under 0.0002. etc.

Mint's community is huge and growing. Ekrona's community is not. Ekrona is not the next anything, that is why you have to advertise it in a Mint thread. I would not put a single satoshi in Ekrona, not now, not ever.

Mint to the moon. Ekrona to somewhere else.

I will mine until the blocks turn into 1 Mint per block, should have over 5 million by then, woohoo!

How many days do we have left?
[/quote]
7 days 14 hrs
Activity: 168

I will mine until the blocks turn into 1 Mint per block, should have over 5 million by then, woohoo!

[/quote]

There's a countdown on Mintcoin.cc.
Activity: 159

[/quote]

Activity: 308
Have you contacted Mintpal about this? I'm seeing the graph for Mintcoin not updating as well.
Yes. No answer yet. It will come eventually - Jason always answer.

Anyway, I am tired of all this. I will just move my money to invest on just-dice. Morre than 50 % interest rate on average annually for a completely fire-and-forget solution. Peace of mind.
I will continue animating the mintcoin community, hoping to get my investment back and will try to get some nextcoins or NEM or Credits, but that's mostly all.

I choose life.

Sorry to hear about your frustration. I just noticed the MINT/BTC graph on MintPal is updating again and the past historic data is all there.
Activity: 308
a few questions - if you have encrypted your wallet, which locks it, how do you unlock it?

Is it possible to POS already or not until after the 5 week POW period?

20 days before any coins can begin POS correct?

To unlock for minting: Click Help > Debug > Console and type:

Code:
walletpassphrase  9999999 true

Substitute for your password and then press enter. You probably want to clear the debug console with Ctrl-L.

Yes, you can PoS mint now, but your coins have to reach 20 day coinage.
Activity: 476
This coin is so cool! I Love minting coins.
agc
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Just to inform you about a "missing" mintcoins observation during PoS:
I am using mintcoin wallet 1.0.0.
When opening the wallet and PoS mining starts, I noticed about 900000 missing mintcoins (should show balance ~2700000 but only showed 1800000).
I just had to wait a couple of minutes and the correct amount was shown in balance, so nothing lost.
Somehow it needs to read a certain amount of blocks to know the correct number of coins in balance (which is a bit strange imo).
The number of coins in stake did not change when the number of coins in balance got corrected...

Any comments from dev side?

This is reproducable.

Was the wallet syncing when you saw this?

You should upgrade to v. 1.4.0.0

yes it synced. i am going to update the wallet.
Activity: 182
a few questions - if you have encrypted your wallet, which locks it, how do you unlock it?

Is it possible to POS already or not until after the 5 week POW period?

20 days before any coins can begin POS correct?
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
I'm disappointed. The pump stop just when I bought...

Makes me feel better holding onto 160mill for the past 3 weeks.

No way, If you had such an amount of coins you could manipulate the market very easy.
When opening the wallet and PoS mining starts, I noticed about 900000 missing mintcoins (should show balance ~2700000 but only showed 1800000).
I just had to wait a couple of minutes and the correct amount was shown in balance, so nothing lost.
Somehow it needs to read a certain amount of blocks to know the correct number of coins in balance (which is a bit strange imo).
The number of coins in stake did not change when the number of coins in balance got corrected...

This is reproducable.

Was the wallet syncing when you saw this?

You should upgrade to v. 1.4.0.0
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
out of curiosity, what makes holding this coin better than holding hobonickels?

It will be purely POS and unmineable in just over a week.

Just updated from version 1.0 to 1.4 and unlocked, will update if minting still works for me.

That's how blackcoin is right now.
agc
Activity: 12
Merit: 0

This is reproducable.

Just updated from version 1.0 to 1.4 and unlocked, will update if minting still works for me.

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

I never locked the wallet, so why would it need to be unlocked if it was never locked?

I think most of us have it encrypted and unlocked. Maybe it's a bug with unencrypted minting?

I take it you all have the most current wallet from http://mintcoin.cc/download-wallet/ ?

Yup! v1.4.0.0

Wrong version then. I wonder if "Snarky Asshat" Poogasm is too.

Lol Dude that is the QT version not the mint version. It goes like this, Help/ About Mintcoin then it shows MintCoin version 1.4.0.0.

Or Help/ Debug window.

Roll Eyes
Jump to: