Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 729. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Finally! Mint price is rising again. Phew...
http://mint.dogetrader.co/

So it mintins... again!
Activity: 338
Merit: 250
我们6个群准备4000个比特币买薄荷币,等着吧,就等老板指示了。 Wink在中国薄荷币还没什么玩家,要开始炒了,争取拉到200

4000 BTC ready to buy up Mintcoin and send it to 200 satoshis? Great! We love the Chinese! I knew they loved Mintcoin! Grin

I knew something got lost in my translation.  I prolly already missed the next pump.
中国人都爱存款赚利息,薄荷币符合中国人的存钱理念

信不信由你,有些美国人同意这个原则。很高兴看到所有的国家和文化拥抱薄荷的人。

Not to be pessimistic, but why would you publicly announce such a HUGE buy?
This will cause people to hold even more coins and wait for this buy.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001
there is trading going on everyday. I remember back in Jan. just before the doge went crazy. it was 45 when I left on Sat morning and then when I got home it had climbed to 85. so
it happens all the time. Its not the stock market who whimp out during the weekends.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
never sell on the weekend
Thanks. But isn't dumping happenning in the weekend, too? Or is it at the beginning of the week?
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Cany anyone list all the differences between this and peercoin?
I don't know all the differences but one difference is that peercoin generate a maximum of 1% interest while Mintcoin generate 20% first year then 15%, 10%, 5%
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Cany anyone list all the differences between this and peercoin?
Activity: 201
Activity: 518
The blockchain is the future
My strategy was to do the buy low and sell high. so I can buy more mint when its low. my computer is so slow at mining. I have been doing all my trading with only satoshies I have earned. and I'm doing not too bad. its a slow build up. Smiley  I have gotten a few mint donations though. which has helped beef up my wallet.

Same story Cheesy +1111
legendary
My strategy was to do the buy low and sell high. so I can buy more mint when its low. my computer is so slow at mining. I have been doing all my trading with only satoshies I have earned. and I'm doing not too bad. its a slow build up. Smiley  I have gotten a few mint donations though. which has helped beef up my wallet.
Activity: 518
The blockchain is the future
Is there any way to fully decrypt your wallet and does interest accumulate even when the wallet is not opened?
legendary
Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000
I'm always interested in Proof of Stake!  Smiley

In your Youtube video you said I have to place my MINT account here for the giveaway. So here it is:
MiPZZY6469yPDGTfpR7JbstW8Vf3EJ4Vtw

Thanx!
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
So, got around 3,000 Mint in 12 hours just through minting.  Nice.  Anyone else's wallet running very slow.  Also getting some pc lag. It started today when it started minting.  I haven't diagnosed it yet, just curious if others are seeing wallets hogging their systems.
Price is dropping though a few days ago it was 40+ on crypsy. now its down to around 20.  should have waited I bought at 38. oh well. I always make that mistake. I think I would have learned. lol

I don't know how much you bought, but don't be discouraged because of a price fluctuation.  This coin is going to pumped and dumped more than a $2 hooker.  Just sell when you feel comfortable.

I don't advocate the P&D going on, but it is the reality with every coin.  Just hang on to it.  No point in selling for a loss.

I could have made a few BTC when the price was at 60, and it was tempting, but I decided to risk it.  You never know what might happen.  Which is what makes it so much fun.
legendary
Price is dropping though a few days ago it was 40+ on crypsy. now its down to around 20.  should have waited I bought at 38. oh well. I always make that mistake. I think I would have learned. lol

I own a custom furniture and woodworking bidness.  I'll take Mint for payment.  I'll use the current market rate 20% for pricing.  PM if you have something in mind.
Mintpal has Mint/BTC and Mint/LTC.  Mint/USD might take a while.

Mintcoin is still #3 trade volume on Cryptsy
Mintpal has Mint/BTC and Mint/LTC.  Mint/USD might take a while.
The people that move these coins around, buying and selling must like to not get free coins. Why would you day trade mint?

I totally agree, which is one thing that makes me a little nervous about the coin.  If everyone holds for POS, myself included, what will happen?  I'm not really interested in mining anymore because of profitability.  So the question is, who will mine, and who will use the coins (and where to use them) so that mining and minting are necessary.  It seems like we need a way to use these to keep the process going, otherwise it dies.  Any ideas anyone has on this would be appreciated.

No, in fact the demand for this coin would go much up like in the case of Bitcoin how right now not many are selling it. The peopl who want mint would have to pay more for mint because no one is selling. economics 101 - supply and demand

+1 indeed

So you don't understand my post either.  I guess I'll try and rephrase it

Mintcoin still has the functionality and advantages of POW crypto currencies. You can send and receive units of value anywhere in the world (extremely quickly and securely) for nominal fees, while also being confident that forgery and counterfeiting is impossible, or nearly impossible. You have to keep in mind though, the average person and investor will likely have little interest in mining crypto currencies, and many will have no interest in the underlying technology behind crypto currencies. If you present many people with the choice between a crypto currency that generates interest from unspent coins, versus a crypto currency with coins that people "make on their computer", which do you think they will choose?

It's not like mintcoin is suddenly unspendable, it simply generates extra coins from what you don't spend. It's like saying a person would prefer a no interest checking account with a high yield interest checking account (one with really good interest rates).

I'm not saying new people coming into cryptocurrencies won't be mining at all though, I'm just saying I've seen plenty of noobies in r/dogecoin mining with their Pentium 4s and getting 4kh/s. Most newcomers will be buying in, not mining in.

What you are saying makes sense, and I have a full understanding and complete knowledge of everything you said.  My point is, how to keep it going?  It has to be used somewhere.  In the current P&D system we have, I can't see ANY alt crypto having much of a future.  I've been mining BTC since 2011 and in that time I've seen it grow, but nothing like it should have.  BTC has grown extremely resilient to external forces, but that resilience only comes from a dedicated community.  And let's be honest, that community is largely made up of computer geeks (myself included).  It's the same for any coin.

My opinion is that we have to achieve widespread use of Mint (or your own favorite coin).  How long will any coin last unless it breaks out of the current cycle all alt coins are stuck in.  Personally, I don't understand any excitement over any of the coins in place today.  People are betting on Flappy, and Grumpy, and Pot, and Dope.  I'm not putting these coins down, they all have their place, but it seems to prove the point that ALL alt coins are whimsical unless there can be a breakthrough to the general public.  If a coin can achieve that, it would even leave BTC far behind.

I'm just trying to move things forward.  The Mint community seems to be in the game for the long haul.  But how long is that?  Anyone thinking these coins can last without more adoption is fooling themselves.

Breaking into mainstream will be extremely difficult for any cryptocurrency to accomplish. I definitely agree with you there. At least one thing mintcoin has going for it, on a technical standpoint, is that it won't require miners to stick around (something that for the vast majority of cryptocurrencies is a serious and probably fatal problem). So, at least it should in theory still be functional in 40 years, it just might be worthless.

Excellent point.  What other coin has this, with the same dedicated community?  Somebody mentioned Zeit.  I researched that if I remember right,  I think it's for a foundation and %50 premined,  don't quote me.  I just remember it not having any long term potential for me.  I think Peercoin is POS.  Other than that, I don't see much.  This is the first coin I've seen that has any long term potential.  I don't even think BTC has any commercial viability in the long term.  Mint just needs continued support and development, a lot of luck, and a lot of marketing to succeed.
When do you guys think a mint-usd market is formed?

It would be nice to be added to Vault of Satoshi or something.
Jump to: