Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 847. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
42 BTC sell wall at 34 sat!?   o.O

ha ha ha that got blasted to bits
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
So I'm new to this cryptocurreny thing and I don't know much, but I'd like to share something I've learned with all the other newbies looking to this thread for information.  DON'T!!...

alright, maybe not completely, but please take everything you read here with a grain of salt. A lot of the "advice" on this and other threads are designed to get people to buy\sell depending on what the poster wants. I know this is obvious to a lot of people, I just want to post this to remind people to use their own heads when buying or selling a coin.

As far as Mint- I think the concept is amazing, and I think the coin will live or die based on how well the PoS aspect is implemented. Good luck everyone.

Yes, I agree. I am sure this person has his own motives for posting this. Likely wants to keep others off this coin so he can get more cheap coins and then make a killing after he dumps on you all. My advise is to do the opposite of what most people are telling you in here. And when you do make a decision stick with it all the way and don't waver. If you panic you have already lost. 

"Yes, I agree. I am sure this person has his own motives for posting this."   AhahaAh..ya you're hilarious, except for one thing-I told people to use their own heads, and you gave them more advice. Just leave my post alone it speaks for itself..
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
40 satoshi soon in seconds!
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Just did a quick calculation :

MINT is unprofitable to mine at the moment.

With my 1800 KHs rig I can mine 19789.08858563 MINT per day at current difficulty / block reward. Subtract powercost and I actually lose $1.60 per day.

So everyone should just BUY MINT right now. Mine something else, sell that and buy MINT.
That's good for everyone too, because dif will drop and coin value will go up ! Win win.

Also if you just buy Mint instead it will pump the price. Win/Win. I like this alot.
Activity: 210

With my 1800 KHs rig I can mine 19789.08858563 MINT per day at current difficulty / block reward. Subtract powercost and I actually lose $1.60 per day.

So everyone should just BUY MINT right now. Mine something else, sell that and buy MINT.
That's good for everyone too, because dif will drop and coin value will go up ! Win win.

i can make ca. 30000 coins/day with my single 280x...
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
I see this coin as a Bitcoin-style NXT, but with a fairer distribution.
Quite true. It is sad that none of the technological improvement of nextcoin (colored coins, VISA-grade transactions...) made it with Mintcoin. But still, interesting.
On a feature point of view, nextcoin is much more interesting, though.
Activity: 46

Actually, your hashing power should bring you about 70K coins per day with diff ~50. Check your math. 70 000 x 0.00000030 = $12-$13 income per day.
Monero Core Team
I think MINT can surpass doge.
Will we soon get a mint-dice.com site?
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

Activity: 294
Activity: 294
40 satoshi buy on poloniex
Activity: 56
So I'm new to this cryptocurreny thing and I don't know much, but I'd like to share something I've learned with all the other newbies looking to this thread for information.  DON'T!!...

alright, maybe not completely, but please take everything you read here with a grain of salt. A lot of the "advice" on this and other threads are designed to get people to buy\sell depending on what the poster wants. I know this is obvious to a lot of people, I just want to post this to remind people to use their own heads when buying or selling a coin.

As far as Mint- I think the concept is amazing, and I think the coin will live or die based on how well the PoS aspect is implemented. Good luck everyone.
+1
Activity: 154
42 BTC sell wall at 34 sat!?   o.O
Monero Core Team
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Speculation is driving the price and this forum. Fine for now.

But in a few weeks time we'll need more than that to sustain momentum.

If we all spent even 10% of our time and energy just THINKING and DISCUSSING ideas for commercial adoption, we will all realize the wealth we all crave for.

I'm sort of hoping the discussion here evolves from the minute and hourly price movement to ADOPTION and APPLICATION.

For starters, who is building an Android wallet app?

I'm guessing there are app developers among us who could pull this off for a healthy bounty from the 1% pre-mine.

Thoughts? Other ideas?

I think the price will bring in the talent. We need to get it as high as possible and then we can worry about getting the rest done. Just think of the developers and programmers who can get paid to build great tools and wallets once the coin really takes off. Keep pumping that price and the rest will come. Guaranteed! Do you think Doge got through the start with wallets and fancy tools? It was pure speculation and pumping and dumping that started the fire and then everyone decided to take it to the next level with giving to causes and tipping and such. To the MOON! Get on this rocket or it will be too late very soon.

Yes, I agree. I am sure this person has his own motives for posting this. Likely wants to keep others off this coin so he can get more cheap coins and then make a killing after he dumps on you all. My advise is to do the opposite of what most people are telling you in here. And when you do make a decision stick with it all the way and don't waver. If you panic you have already lost. 
█ Scrooge D Silver █
Look at this, it's 7th in 24h Volume, but it has only 3 million market cap, it's just the beginning of the journey.

Activity: 453
Speculation is driving the price and this forum. Fine for now.

But in a few weeks time we'll need more than that to sustain momentum.

If we all spent even 10% of our time and energy just THINKING and DISCUSSING ideas for commercial adoption, we will all realize the wealth we all crave for.

I'm sort of hoping the discussion here evolves from the minute and hourly price movement to ADOPTION and APPLICATION.

For starters, who is building an Android wallet app?

I'm guessing there are app developers among us who could pull this off for a healthy bounty from the 1% pre-mine.

Thoughts? Other ideas?
To: CryptoMF
Why do you think any large amount of people would suddenly decide to give us control of the vast majority of the money supply?

Of all crypto I've seen so far mintcoin has best shot at mass adoption. Bitcoin and litecoin are great currencies but the energy waste for mining is not going to allow much further development along that line. The ability to earn interest with a holding I could afford and green mining are precisely the qualities I was seeking when I discovered NXT. Unfortunately I was late to that party and forging got me no where. Mint seems to take the great qualities found in NXT and adds to them the ability to earn interest for all stakeholders in the coin rather than a few very rich early adopters.

I feel that miscalculation ruined a potentially great coin in NXT. But then I stumbled upon mint, whose developers seemed to be thinking along the same lines I was.

I'm optimistic, and if I prosper I would definitely be spending some of it. I think most would do likewise. The possibility of residual income is a powerful feature for a crypto.

I like the green aspect. I am very afraid about hoarding after middle of March. Also afraid of someone big holder(s) panicking or deciding not risk it and dumping before then. Price may go higher before then making it more tempting to cashout. I don't want to be left holding the bag. Maybe they will hang around for the 20% interest though. Hard to tell. Real money makes people do crazy, crazy things. In my experience you can not expect rational decisions when money is involved.

We should try and get more people from India involved in this coin. Since they don't need mining rigs it would make alot of sense for them.

That's a great great insight...

Which of my comments are you referring to as a great insight? Just curious.
Jump to: