Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 848. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
So I'm new to this cryptocurreny thing and I don't know much, but I'd like to share something I've learned with all the other newbies looking to this thread for information.  DON'T!!...

alright, maybe not completely, but please take everything you read here with a grain of salt. A lot of the "advice" on this and other threads are designed to get people to buy\sell depending on what the poster wants. I know this is obvious to a lot of people, I just want to post this to remind people to use their own heads when buying or selling a coin.

As far as Mint- I think the concept is amazing, and I think the coin will live or die based on how well the PoS aspect is implemented. Good luck everyone.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
To: CryptoMF
Why do you think any large amount of people would suddenly decide to give us control of the vast majority of the money supply?

Of all crypto I've seen so far mintcoin has best shot at mass adoption. Bitcoin and litecoin are great currencies but the energy waste for mining is not going to allow much further development along that line. The ability to earn interest with a holding I could afford and green mining are precisely the qualities I was seeking when I discovered NXT. Unfortunately I was late to that party and forging got me no where. Mint seems to take the great qualities found in NXT and adds to them the ability to earn interest for all stakeholders in the coin rather than a few very rich early adopters.

I feel that miscalculation ruined a potentially great coin in NXT. But then I stumbled upon mint, whose developers seemed to be thinking along the same lines I was.

I'm optimistic, and if I prosper I would definitely be spending some of it. I think most would do likewise. The possibility of residual income is a powerful feature for a crypto.

I like the green aspect. I am very afraid about hoarding after middle of March. Also afraid of someone big holder(s) panicking or deciding not risk it and dumping before then. Price may go higher before then making it more tempting to cashout. I don't want to be left holding the bag. Maybe they will hang around for the 20% interest though. Hard to tell. Real money makes people do crazy, crazy things. In my experience you can not expect rational decisions when money is involved.

We should try and get more people from India involved in this coin. Since they don't need mining rigs it would make alot of sense for them.

That's a great great insight...
Activity: 350
We jumped from #27 to #22 on coinmarketcap with a 24h trade volumn of 800 BTC and still rising. It's hard to believe. We are on the way to the moon!!
Imagine what happen if we are added to a bigger exchange now? Everyone, please have a vote and write recommendation to them.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
I look at this chart and I see another run up to 100 satoshi is possible here. And since I mined on the first day and bought at 5 satoshi, this makes me a happy man. I'm holding for at least one more pump to triple satoshi, then I'll sell 10%. Let the rest stake for a couple years and see where life takes me. This is great, it's like dogecoin for grownups.

We should come up with a mascot or cartoon for Mintcoin. That would bring in so many other people and maybe make it more attractive to women. We need to get as many late adopters onto this coin as possible right now. They will take this coin to the MOON! We can sit back and make more when they invest and drive up the price. I like this alot.
Activity: 70
To: CryptoMF
Why do you think any large amount of people would suddenly decide to give us control of the vast majority of the money supply?

Of all crypto I've seen so far mintcoin has best shot at mass adoption. Bitcoin and litecoin are great currencies but the energy waste for mining is not going to allow much further development along that line. The ability to earn interest with a holding I could afford and green mining are precisely the qualities I was seeking when I discovered NXT. Unfortunately I was late to that party and forging got me no where. Mint seems to take the great qualities found in NXT and adds to them the ability to earn interest for all stakeholders in the coin rather than a few very rich early adopters.

I feel that miscalculation ruined a potentially great coin in NXT. But then I stumbled upon mint, whose developers seemed to be thinking along the same lines I was.

I'm optimistic, and if I prosper I would definitely be spending some of it. I think most would do likewise. The possibility of residual income is a powerful feature for a crypto.

I like the green aspect. I am very afraid about hoarding after middle of March. Also afraid of someone big holder(s) panicking or deciding not risk it and dumping before then. Price may go higher before then making it more tempting to cashout. I don't want to be left holding the bag. Maybe they will hang around for the 20% interest though. Hard to tell. Real money makes people do crazy, crazy things. In my experience you can not expect rational decisions when money is involved.

We should try and get more people from India involved in this coin. Since they don't need mining rigs it would make alot of sense for them.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004
I look at this chart and I see another run up to 100 satoshi is possible here. And since I mined on the first day and bought at 5 satoshi, this makes me a happy man. I'm holding for at least one more pump to triple satoshi, then I'll sell 10%. Let the rest stake for a couple years and see where life takes me. This is great, it's like dogecoin for grownups.
Activity: 98
awesome coin!

did separate calc. for it, but ofc it doesnt need to see that awesome profit Cheesy

http://sancrypto.info/?alt=mint

~500-600% profit vs ltc

I believe something is not correct here, it's not even close to the reality.
He is using 450,000 as the block reward. Since the initial maximum reward of 900,000 coins has halved twice since launch, the current MAXIMUM reward per block is 225,000 coins until this Thursday when it wil halve once again. Since the block reward is variable, to estimate the number of coins mined per day you need to average the current block reward or ~112,500 coins per block.
ty, my bad Wink

Activity: 126
Smashing rocks with my GPU
Ohhhhh yeahhhhh 22 on coinmarketcap I like where this is headed Wink

18th if you filter non-mineable Grin
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
Ohhhhh yeahhhhh 22 on coinmarketcap I like where this is headed Wink
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
awesome coin!

did separate calc. for it, but ofc it doesnt need to see that awesome profit Cheesy

~500-600% profit vs ltc

He is using 450,000 as the block reward. Since the initial maximum reward of 900,000 coins has halved twice since launch, the current MAXIMUM reward per block is 225,000 coins until this Thursday when it wil halve once again. Since the block reward is variable, to estimate the number of coins mined per day you need to average the current block reward or ~112,500 coins per block.
My calculations, It's about $8 a day per 1mh/s, but that's only at current value. Wink
awesome coin!

~500-600% profit vs ltc

yes, didnt see about coins per block halving...

what block reward now?
Activity: 210
awesome coin!

~500-600% profit vs ltc

I believe that the calculation is not valid. From my experience, you can only get like 40000 coins/MH.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
awesome coin!

~500-600% profit vs ltc

awesome coin!

~500-600% profit vs ltc
lol sorry satoshi how thos work? for price
Satoshi is the smallet unit of Bitcoin measurement. Each Mint is currently worth ~30 satoshi on exchange sites, this is aka 0.00000030 Bitcoins. So multiply 0.00000030 x (how many Mintcions you have), then go here:
http://preev.com/
Activity: 3
lol sorry satoshi how thos work? for price
@People worried about hoarding. You do realize that the 20% interest rate is only for the first year? The interest rate declines substantially annually until it hits 5%. Thus, the amount of interest will certainly not be worth hoarding the more time goes on. Even at current 20% rate, what's the point of holding it all? People spend it. People try to cash out because they think value is high, or that they're in need of $.

Are most people with Bitcoin simply holding it and waiting for deflation spikes again? No. Mass amounts of Bitcoin transactions all the time. At any point someone can buy into Mint, the trades aren't going to simply end.

Have a listen.

http://www.listentobitcoin.com/
HA! That's awesome, didn't know about that site.

Additional note, just like Bitcoin, people will attempt to buy low sell high. Even in a currency that specifically rewards holding, there will always be buyers and sellers.

God, I hope you are right. I could really use some long term income stream right now. I am wondering if now is a good price or if I should wait.

My belief is that it'll go as high as 100 satoshi. Right now it's still easily mineable, but the halving is going to occur a couple more times.

I certainly don't expect it to go any lower than it is now.
Activity: 3
can some one tell me site to check price for mint coin? i dont understand how the price work for mint coin i keep on reading sooshi or somthing? how does the value on this coin work? thanks
Jump to: