Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 849. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 230
Merit: 100
@People worried about hoarding. You do realize that the 20% interest rate is only for the first year? The interest rate declines substantially annually until it hits 5%. Thus, the amount of interest will certainly not be worth hoarding the more time goes on. Even at current 20% rate, what's the point of holding it all? People spend it. People try to cash out because they think value is high, or that they're in need of $.

Are most people with Bitcoin simply holding it and waiting for deflation spikes again? No. Mass amounts of Bitcoin transactions all the time. At any point someone can buy into Mint, the trades aren't going to simply end.

You do realize that 64% of all Bitcoins have NEVER been spent?
Activity: 205
wolong PUMP this coin Wink OK time to dump ;]
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
To: CryptoMF
Why do you think any large amount of people would suddenly decide to give us control of the vast majority of the money supply?

Of all crypto I've seen so far mintcoin has best shot at mass adoption. Bitcoin and litecoin are great currencies but the energy waste for mining is not going to allow much further development along that line. The ability to earn interest with a holding I could afford and green mining are precisely the qualities I was seeking when I discovered NXT. Unfortunately I was late to that party and forging got me no where. Mint seems to take the great qualities found in NXT and adds to them the ability to earn interest for all stakeholders in the coin rather than a few very rich early adopters.

I feel that miscalculation ruined a potentially great coin in NXT. But then I stumbled upon mint, whose developers seemed to be thinking along the same lines I was.

I'm optimistic, and if I prosper I would definitely be spending some of it. I think most would do likewise. The possibility of residual income is a powerful feature for a crypto.

price is goign hugh as hell!
itwill reach 35 or sure

I am getting ready for a big dump, put buy orders @20

I remember reading posts like this when it was at 7 satoshi lol
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
itwill reach 35 or sure

I am getting ready for a big dump, put buy orders @20
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
itwill reach 35 or sure
Activity: 70
@People worried about hoarding. You do realize that the 20% interest rate is only for the first year? The interest rate declines substantially annually until it hits 5%. Thus, the amount of interest will certainly not be worth hoarding the more time goes on. Even at current 20% rate, what's the point of holding it all? People spend it. People try to cash out because they think value is high, or that they're in need of $.

Are most people with Bitcoin simply holding it and waiting for deflation spikes again? No. Mass amounts of Bitcoin transactions all the time. At any point someone can buy into Mint, the trades aren't going to simply end.

Have a listen.

http://www.listentobitcoin.com/
HA! That's awesome, didn't know about that site.

Additional note, just like Bitcoin, people will attempt to buy low sell high. Even in a currency that specifically rewards holding, there will always be buyers and sellers.

God, I hope you are right. I could really use some long term income stream right now. I am wondering if now is a good price or if I should wait.
I have not sold one Mint.  Cool

Patience, patience, patience.

I'm right with you - this was a no brainer from the beginning!

March 13th and 14th are certainly going to be very interesting days for everyone here. I hope you all are ready.
Activity: 126
Smashing rocks with my GPU

Have a listen.

HA! That's awesome, didn't know about that site.

Additional note, just like Bitcoin, people will attempt to buy low sell high. Even in a currency that specifically rewards holding, there will always be buyers and sellers.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Have a listen.

The peeps mining Mint with 54,000 KH/s wallets are going to explode. Lulz!

I have not sold one Mint.  Cool

Patience, patience, patience.

I'm right with you - this was a no brainer from the beginning!
how many coins can i expect per day per 1000 kh/s?   seems very low at the moment

35,000 Mint with a 37 diff.

Network Info
Difficulty   36.59264656
Est Next Difficulty   54.06415013 (Change in 1952 Blocks)
Est. Avg. Time per Block   0 minutes 31 seconds
Current Block   48451

Better hurry!!!  Tongue
Activity: 350
Bitcoin Evengelist
Since I mined most of mine in first week and also bought at 4 satoshi, I just sold my back initial cost (about 10% of my coins). The rest is all house money at this point and will keep that to play with staking once the coins age.

That is a great position to be in. Can't lose now. Well done!

Good luck to you too mate!
how many coins can i expect per day per 1000 kh/s?   seems very low at the moment
I'd assume about 40k-50k, I've been making around 80-100k a day with my 2000 kh/s.
Since I mined most of mine in first week and also bought at 4 satoshi, I just sold my back initial cost (about 10% of my coins). The rest is all house money at this point and will keep that to play with staking once the coins age.

That is a great position to be in. Can't lose now. Well done!
Activity: 224
I am trying to understand how this will be a currency.

I don't understand the point of asking that question that question. Like any other currency it's utility lies in being able to exchange it for goods and services.

The fact that it pays interest is not going to create a situation where everyone hoards and never spends. I would surmise the opposite would happen, why not spend some if you will earn it right back in interest?

People don't need much encouragement to spend money so your line of inquiry is based on a misconceived notion that the inclusion of paid interest will create a situation where no one ever spends their currency.

Do you ever spend your money? Do you ever cash in a CD and spend it? Do you ever liquidate your money market account and spend it?

This is a useless question imho.

Yes I do spend my money. I am trying to decide right now if I want to spend some more of it on Mintcoin.

I do not earn money off of interest currently. In fact I pay a lot of interest to others. I would definitely think twice about spending my money if I know I can get 20% interest on it by keeping it and doing nothing. Especially if I already have another currency that has a lower interest rate return that I can spend instead. That is basic investing principles. Borrow money for less interest (cost) than you can make by using the money for something else (profit).

I think it is safe to assume that everyone in here has some of this coin (myself included). Why do you think any large amount of people would suddenly decide to give us control of the vast majority of the money supply? Just because we were first? They might do it because we promise them a 20% return on their money every year but that is going to lead to inflation so the money might not be worth the same at the end of the year. Maybe we could give them something unique in the currency that they can't get somewhere else. Are we doing that here? 
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1000
The incentive for many (for me anyway) is to hold on to a set amount, and every 20 days sell off the interest as small bitcoin payday. Or, if mintcoin was adopted for purchasing, I'd buy something fancy every so often :3

Oh man am I proud to have discovered and believed in mintcoin early on. Got dat early mining in, and my $70 worth of bitcoin spent on mint is worth over 6x what I paid for it already. Grin

That's called a MINT plan. Good for you!  Grin
Jump to: