Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 854. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
loving this....decided to day trade my 3.7m stake... now sitting on 6.1m Mint from the last 1 hour alone...

What do i want? BTC or MINT? easy answer... mint... Because i think over time.. due to it PoS nature... everyone is gonna lock down their mint in their wallet.. and we wont be seeing so many millions up for grabs...

Hope fully i will get to my goal of 10m and then sell of the excess for profit...

I'm too worried if I try daytrading the price will spike again and not come back down.

Read up on Elliot Wave Principle. Study it. Then use it in context of everything else that goes on. A smart trader is a rich trader.

Oh, and do use the graphs. They're there for a reason.  Smiley

We live in a world of highly deluded traders. I'm okay with technical analysis but in all frankness, Elliot Wave Principle is a lot of mumbo jumbo. Keep it simple. Moving averages, crossovers if you want, maybe stochastics if you are feeling brave. None of these necessarily "works" in itself. But through experience you can put them all together in a certain way, creating a "road map" through which to interpret the price action when it has already occurred.

Why did they collectively panic, Nullu?
Because the Elliott Wave Theory said so! ... Right.

I did quite clearly say "in context". Anyone blindly following Elliot Wave Theory will find themselves quickly very poor. I rely mostly on my own judgement, but Elliot Wave has helped me a great deal in spotting trends. The very fact that we live in a world of "highly deluded traders" that follow such principles is exactly why it can be exploited. You don't have to follow Elliot Wave Principle to profit from it. You just have to watch everyone else that does.

Sorry I misunderstood. We are saying the same thing then.

+1

Yes, I believe we are.

At the end of the day I think it mostly boils down to the psychology of the trading majority. It's just a complex form of wealth redistribution really.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=434996.0
loving this....decided to day trade my 3.7m stake... now sitting on 6.1m Mint from the last 1 hour alone...

What do i want? BTC or MINT? easy answer... mint... Because i think over time.. due to it PoS nature... everyone is gonna lock down their mint in their wallet.. and we wont be seeing so many millions up for grabs...

Hope fully i will get to my goal of 10m and then sell of the excess for profit...

I'm too worried if I try daytrading the price will spike again and not come back down.

Read up on Elliot Wave Principle. Study it. Then use it in context of everything else that goes on. A smart trader is a rich trader.

Oh, and do use the graphs. They're there for a reason.  Smiley

Interesting...never came across that system before... basically my system during a pump.. is to carefully check all buy and sell orders.. at least 10 points up and 10 points down... to get a gauge for market movement range... and then refer to chart to see how long the buy/sell frenzy was going on.. at which point i determine my buy/sell price... i generally don't do to bad that way.

Only rule is to not get to caught up in the hype that usually follows in a coin thread.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Bitcoin Evengelist

We live in a world of highly deluded traders. I'm okay with technical analysis but in all frankness, Elliot Wave Principle is a lot of mumbo jumbo. Keep it simple. Moving averages, crossovers if you want, maybe stochastics if you are feeling brave. None of these necessarily "works" in itself. But through experience you can put them all together in a certain way, creating a "road map" through which to interpret the price action when it has already occurred.

I did quite clearly say "in context". Anyone blindly following Elliot Wave Theory will find themselves quickly very poor. I rely mostly on my own judgement, but Elliot Wave has helped me a great deal in spotting trends. The very fact that we live in a world of "highly deluded traders" that follow such principles is exactly why it can be exploited. You don't have to follow Elliot Wave Principle to profit from it. You just have to watch everyone else that does.

Sorry I misunderstood. We are saying the same thing then.

+1
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1000
can someone please take 1 minute to explain the mining. Cant find a single helpful link....

cheers

Heavy mining going on in different pools. GPUs & CPUs are hashing the network at the moment. After 2 weeks or so (check first page for exact information) mining will be stopped as in terms there will no any coins left to mine anymore. After that network will run on proof of stake (POS) so if you want to mine this coin, do it now. Hope that helped you a bit.  Grin

But how do i mine it? is it just a simply scrypt coin?

use my scrypt settings hook to a pool and go?
Yep, forget to mention that.. Its just a scrypt coin, use cgminer or cpuminer and mine.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
WARNING TO INVESTORS!

Pre-mine? yes.

Community interested in anything but money? no.

Anything innovative? no.

Red letters are a sure sign of a seasoned troll. Well seasoned with rosemary and sea salt. MMMmmm. Yummy Troll. Don't feed the trolls people, EAT them!!!

Activity: 94
Ya, but there are 16 billion coins to overcome

Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Kraken.com is an another very good euro exchage. And is bit easier to get into. I mean the verifications...
Kraken has bigger volume than Bitcoin-central.com
But do they offer the same garantees as bitcoin-central in that the admin won't leave with your money of bitcoin? This is not rhetoretical question, I don't know.

I used to use Kraken for all of my euros before I discovered bitcoin-central.net doesn't charge for transfers (like bitstamp and unlike kraken).

Regarding the UI, they definitely have the most interesting one, I'll grant you that.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Bitcoin Evengelist

Activity: 127
can someone please take 1 minute to explain the mining. Cant find a single helpful link....

cheers

Heavy mining going on in different pools. GPUs & CPUs are hashing the network at the moment. After 2 weeks or so (check first page for exact information) mining will be stopped as in terms there will no any coins left to mine anymore. After that network will run on proof of stake (POS) so if you want to mine this coin, do it now. Hope that helped you a bit.  Grin

But how do i mine it? is it just a simply scrypt coin?

use my scrypt settings hook to a pool and go?
Activity: 213

vast majority fail at day trading, I wouldn't try unless you have lots of experience. I saw people on Dogecoin loose everything from selling at 70 satoshi waiting for a crash that never came.

I'm working off a $2 tip I got in BTC on reddit 4 months ago, it had turned to $14 due to BTC going up, bought doge at 140, sold at 180, rolled it through two other coins, bought doge again at 160ish. I sold most of it at around 190-210 to hop on mint at 5 sat before it started to go up. Well worth not waiting for the doge peak. That inital $2 is somewhere around $40-50 or so now.

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1000

cheers

Monero Core Team
When the new website launches, even more people will jump on board.  There's potential here.
We're working on it. Any help welcomed. PM Shibeon (community management question) or me (other question: marketing, web, coding...).
Activity: 210
WARNING TO INVESTORS!

Pre-mine? yes.

Anything innovative? no.

Dissapointed that you missed the train?
Activity: 133
Merit: 11

vast majority fail at day trading, I wouldn't try unless you have lots of experience. I saw people on Dogecoin loose everything from selling at 70 satoshi waiting for a crash that never came.
Activity: 84
WARNING TO INVESTORS!

Pre-mine? yes.

Anything innovative? no.

Activity: 213

Monero Core Team
I am using cgminer 3.7.2 just wondering if there is any benefit to using another miner like sgminer? Or the cgminer 3.7.2-kalroth ?
3.7.3, not 3.7.2.
Faster hasrate, introduces xintensity (which replaces intensity).

Thought 3.7.2 was the last to support Scrypt?  Undecided
3.7.3-kalroth. It is a fork.
Jump to: