Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 857. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
KlondikeCoin - Get Real Gold !
I couldnt take it anymore and sold at 32 , i hope i can buy again

Yes you can. At 40 Smiley
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Bitcoin Evengelist
Keep going Mint.  Grin

Mintcoin/Bitcoin

Last Price:

24 Hour High:

24 Hour Low:

Trade Volume:
521.538 BTC

WTF. What's happening with the price. I was actually hoping for a slow consistent price increase, not these massive jumps which bring in droves of speculators

Was hoping for slow and steady growth as well, bought in at 4 just a few days ago.

It's a coin halving each week and stopping the block reward after 5th week. There's no slow in this Wink

True that. My only concern is that as price rises, expectations rise as well for the developers and what services need to be build. All that work takes time and so we could be in for a bumpy ride when all the speculators exit the doors. Not really doing much here other than wait and see for now.
Activity: 539
I couldnt take it anymore and sold at 32 , i hope i can buy again
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
█ Scrooge D Silver █
Keep going Mint.  Grin

Mintcoin/Bitcoin

Last Price:

24 Hour High:

24 Hour Low:

Trade Volume:
521.538 BTC

WTF. What's happening with the price. I was actually hoping for a slow consistent price increase, not these massive jumps which bring in droves of speculators

Was hoping for slow and steady growth as well, bought in at 4 just a few days ago.

It's a coin halving each week and stopping the block reward after 5th week. There's no slow in this Wink
Activity: 1203
Merit: 508
Manager of looking busy #citizencosmos
sorry but i still dont understand why my wallet is out of sync
Activity: 840
Merit: 516
Keep going Mint.  Grin

Mintcoin/Bitcoin

Last Price:

24 Hour High:

24 Hour Low:

Trade Volume:
521.538 BTC

Activity: 840
Merit: 516
So I read that if you encrypt your wallet it can't mint coins. So what are you guys doing? Obviously it can't sync if you have an offline wallet, so should I just create a backup that's encrypted and the one on my comp keep encrypted and unsecure it once in awhile to sync up so coins get minted after 20 days? Little confused on that whole thing. I don't want to leave the wallet unsecure for long periods of time.

I see this on the website below: But that doesn't mean much, how long do I have to have it sync to get minting? Also my wallent is encrypted, how do I unlock it using that below? Prepare for a lot more like me wondering about this.
what does that mean in the wallet : Minting suspended due to locked wallet? This says you can not do mining due to wallet encrypted. you need to unlock the wallet in order to mine (for example for PoS blocks): mintcoin-qt -server mintcoind walletpassphrase true

So also, how do I unlock my wallet? I don't really get that part above.

Thanks.

Go to the console and type "walletpassphrase 999999999999" to unlock the wallet for minting only (the 9s are the time in seconds to unlock). You still need to type your password to send.
Activity: 350
Bitcoin Evengelist
Keep going Mint.  Grin

Mintcoin/Bitcoin

Last Price:

24 Hour High:

24 Hour Low:

Trade Volume:
521.538 BTC

Activity: 94
Merit: 10
So I read that if you encrypt your wallet it can't mint coins. So what are you guys doing? Obviously it can't sync if you have an offline wallet, so should I just create a backup that's encrypted and the one on my comp keep encrypted and unsecure it once in awhile to sync up so coins get minted after 20 days? Little confused on that whole thing. I don't want to leave the wallet unsecure for long periods of time.

I see this on the website below: But that doesn't mean much, how long do I have to have it sync to get minting? Also my wallent is encrypted, how do I unlock it using that below? Prepare for a lot more like me wondering about this.
what does that mean in the wallet : Minting suspended due to locked wallet? This says you can not do mining due to wallet encrypted. you need to unlock the wallet in order to mine (for example for PoS blocks): mintcoin-qt -server mintcoind walletpassphrase true

So also, how do I unlock my wallet? I don't really get that part above.

Thanks.
Activity: 154
Hello there MintCoin community. What a ride the last 24 hours have been! We are all feeling pumped aren't we?

I just sold all my MintCoin today, there has been so much volume come through driving up this price the last 24hrs (420+ Bitcoins or $240,000 cash money) that it is simply unsustainable. A quarter million dollars of mostly buys is certainly likely done by a big player or syndicate. If it is a true long-term investor, he will not keep buying this way as he knows he has inflated his buy price to obtain such a huge amount of coins. If it is a 'pump-n-dump' scam group like Wolong that the crypto-lemmings are so fond of, well, then things could get pretty ugly.

Exactly the same thing happened with Vertcoin when it was around the same market cap (1 million dollars). It then exploded up to $7 million dollars market cap in 3 days when it was added to more exchanges. This coin also has the added advantage of sharply decreasingly block rewards which will limit miners dumping each week plus it will promote the belief that the price will rise as the coin becomes rarer.

I've been in this community a long time. I know a snowballing coin when I see one.

You clearly don't. With the rapidly decreasing reward, the value of early mined coins will become extremely valuable in comparison to when they were first mined. Meaning this coin is very prone to pump n' dumps which is precisely what's happening right now.

Up 250% now since my post there in bold.

Just posting this so people know who you should listen to around here.

whats next?
Activity: 193
damn i sold 35% of my coins at 05

Look at the bright side: you kept 65% of them!

true but millions were gone!!

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
only a pump or this is the normal value... Huh
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
Hello there MintCoin community. What a ride the last 24 hours have been! We are all feeling pumped aren't we?

I just sold all my MintCoin today, there has been so much volume come through driving up this price the last 24hrs (420+ Bitcoins or $240,000 cash money) that it is simply unsustainable. A quarter million dollars of mostly buys is certainly likely done by a big player or syndicate. If it is a true long-term investor, he will not keep buying this way as he knows he has inflated his buy price to obtain such a huge amount of coins. If it is a 'pump-n-dump' scam group like Wolong that the crypto-lemmings are so fond of, well, then things could get pretty ugly.

Exactly the same thing happened with Vertcoin when it was around the same market cap (1 million dollars). It then exploded up to $7 million dollars market cap in 3 days when it was added to more exchanges. This coin also has the added advantage of sharply decreasingly block rewards which will limit miners dumping each week plus it will promote the belief that the price will rise as the coin becomes rarer.

I've been in this community a long time. I know a snowballing coin when I see one.

You clearly don't. With the rapidly decreasing reward, the value of early mined coins will become extremely valuable in comparison to when they were first mined. Meaning this coin is very prone to pump n' dumps which is precisely what's happening right now.

Up 250% now since my post there in bold.

Just posting this so people know who you should listen to around here.
Activity: 168

Look at the bright side: you kept 65% of them!

To unlock wallet

debug window:

walletpassphrase yourpassphrasehere 9999999999 true

I found if you have spaces in your pass phrase it produces a JSOn error. Tried it with no spaces and it worked.

or

Put a backslash before any space in the passphrase or the console will read any word like a new command.

Also....no progress bar but still downloads blockchain.
tried it and says i have the wrong password but its the one i made in the conf
file

nvm
got it
Activity: 364

To unlock wallet

debug window:

walletpassphrase yourpassphrasehere 9999999999 true

I found if you have spaces in your pass phrase it produces a JSOn error. Tried it with no spaces and it worked.

or

Put a backslash before any space in the passphrase or the console will read any word like a new command.

Also....no progress bar but still downloads blockchain.

shit I just deleted so I could re-install because I thought I had the wrong passphrase

lol
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Keep going Mint.  Grin

Mintcoin/Bitcoin

Last Price:

24 Hour High:

24 Hour Low:

Trade Volume:
521.538 BTC
legendary
Activity: 1927
Merit: 1004
all those poor sods that sold when the price got to 16 thinking they were in.......... i was one of them .. what a knob. i 'm gonna have to buy back in now
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Mint go to MOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN Smiley
Jump to: