Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 956. (Read 1369777 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
Too bad that i only have 10 million coins, maybe that will be enough to make some serieus money.
Activity: 213
Merit: 100

Anyone who doesn't understand, just take a minute to read...

+1

Trying to get to 50million before block halving.... It's not going too well Sad

I'm just trying to hit 1Million here with my low power, while still trying to get at least a little bit of some other stuff, I may even fire up CPU mining before the first halving at this rate. How far from your mark are you? With this halving getting to a certain mark before the end is just going to get slower and slower.

Hoping Mint really takes off, but I'd like to get at least 10 Vert as well before things pick up, with my low hash rate even splitting around in small amounts is going annoyingly slow.

With mint's low power afterwards though it should be interesting after the first 5 weeks.

I'm currently at just under 33million, got another 17million to go to get my target. This coin is going to be big. New, innovative, interesting and bloody hard to get hold of after tomorrow Shocked

Only twice as hard with the first halving, I've been doing around 100k a day I think gonna drop me to 50k a day, then 25k, Ive got around 530K gunning for 1M 7 days of 50k will only be 350k. Leaving me at around 880 to fill at 25k a day, it's going to be close. Depending on values I may just mine something else and buy direct. I bought some at 5 because I was worried a buy order at 4 would not fill before it rose to 6-7. Only was about a 60k coin difference, but that stuff still adds up.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250

+1

I'm just trying to hit 1Million here with my low power, while still trying to get at least a little bit of some other stuff, I may even fire up CPU mining before the first halving at this rate. How far from your mark are you? With this halving getting to a certain mark before the end is just going to get slower and slower.

Hoping Mint really takes off, but I'd like to get at least 10 Vert as well before things pick up, with my low hash rate even splitting around in small amounts is going annoyingly slow.

With mint's low power afterwards though it should be interesting after the first 5 weeks.

I'm currently at just under 33million, got another 17million to go to get my target. This coin is going to be big. New, innovative, interesting and bloody hard to get hold of after tomorrow Shocked
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
Trade on MintPal, huge amount of orders at 4 and 5 satoshis waiting to be matched Smiley

https://www.mintpal.com/market/MINT/BTC
Activity: 96
Today I got through to computer wallet my VTC from Cryptsy after 3+ days of waiting for deposit to site. When the coins appeared in my balance, I withdrew all without hesitation. The process went smooth sailing.
I predicted that when price drops, I'll be able to get my coins back. It happened..

Now I am more sure that they manipulate with our trader's coins and overall crypto currency market.

So NEVER EVER USE CRYPTSY if possible!
Activity: 213

+1

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
RISE Project Manager
Add MINT coin – Customer Feedback for Swiss Coin Exchange - https://swisscex.uservoice.com/forums/238010-general/suggestions/5488394-add-mint-coin

Comment added... Everyone else go ahead, it only takes a minute!

Done!

Are the devs going to give MINT the website it deserves?

Will really help with image for outside investors.
Activity: 140
This is looking like a coin that will really take off!

One exchange i would like us to try and work with, as it is a exchange for the future is: Mcxnow.  If we were to get on there we would be golden.

2nd, I'd like to see more services for mint, games, shops, whatever you have, accept Mint on it Smiley.

I'm willing to give out a couple of 100K's for any progress on this front,

And dev, if you need any help with promoting, making sure things happen etc, dont hesitate to contact me, I love the idea of this coin.

Cheers!
Activity: 285
Merit: 255
We need to get MINT on coinmarketcap

Need a main exchange first, coinedup will work.

Explorer part of the requirement is done.

There needs to be a much better explanation of the PoS piece on the main page of this thread as well. It's not clear how its structured and how the actual minting happens here.

For wallets with a passphrase go to the console in the wallet after your coins are 20 days old  (and have not been moved), type:    walletpassphrase 90000000

This will unlock your wallet to generate stake for 90000000 seconds (you can pick any number), if you close the wallet this procedure will need to be repeated again.  To confirm it worked look at the little lock on the wallet and it will be in the unlocked position.   That's all I know about it wish I had more info for ya.
Add MINT coin – Customer Feedback for Swiss Coin Exchange - https://swisscex.uservoice.com/forums/238010-general/suggestions/5488394-add-mint-coin

Comment added... Everyone else go ahead, it only takes a minute!
Activity: 336

There needs to be a much better explanation of the PoS piece on the main page of this thread as well. It's not clear how its structured and how the actual minting happens here.

[...]

FAQ
1.What is PoS?
PoS: Proof of Stake.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof-of-stake

2. what is the line Stake in wallet?
It is for the PoS blocks. Once a PoS block generated, some of your coins plus the generated interests will be moved to "stake", it is like "immature" for PoW. It will take 50 confirmations to mature, after mature the coins plus interests will be added back to your balance.

3. what does that mean in the wallet : Minting suspended due to locked wallet?
This says you can not do mining due to wallet encrypted.
you need to unlock the wallet in order to mine (for example for PoS blocks):
mintcoin-qt -server
mintcoind walletpassphrase true

4. Do I have to let my wallet open to get PoS coins?
PoS will be generated after at least 20 days holding of the coins in your wallet. You don't need to keep the wallet open all the time. The coin-days accumulated in your wallet will not be lost. The next time when you open the wallet client, the internal miner will start automatically and if the coin holding period meet certain requirements the pos blocks will be generated based on the coin-days in your wallet.

5. How often do I have to open the wallet in order to get PoS coins?
See above. You don't need to open wallet all the time, your coin-days accumulated in the wallet will not be lost.

6. Why I can't sync?
Use addnode in the conf file. The addnode list and sample conf file are posted above.
If you use Windows, the Mintcoin config dir is usually at c:/users/*yourcomputername*/AppData/Roaming/MintCoin, in which you should see your wallet.dat and peers.dat files. If the mintcoin.conf file is not there, create it using the above example (you don't need to include all the addnode lines, include some will be ok). Restart your client, you should be in sync within a few minutes.

7. You said 20% interest per year, do I have to wait 1 year to get the PoS interest?
No. PoS blocks will be generated after you hold some coins in your wallet for certain period of time. For MintCoin the minimum requirement is 20 days. If you move around the coins (for example send to other wallet and then send back), the time will reset for those moved.

8. The PoS generated coins, are they eligible for new PoS block generations?
Yes. After maturity (50 confirmations), the coins will move from "Stake" to "Balance". Once the PoS generated coins in "balance", they will be the same as all other coins, and are eligible for future PoS generations.

9. What will be generated total PoW coin number and what will be generated PoS coin number?
After 5 weeks PoW mining, there will be 20 billion PoW coins generation. Afterwards there will be some small number of PoW coins continue to be generated (at 1 coin/block). The PoS generation 1st year is 20%, 2nd year 15%, thrid year 10%, and subsequent years will be 5%. If maximum PoS generated (meaning all coins mined held), then after about 20 years there will be about total 70 billion coins generated in total (for both PoW and PoS), which is the max money allowed. In normal situation where there are coins transferred around, the time max money will be reached will be 30-40 years or more.
[/center]

I think it's not bad.

+1

Activity: 70
█ Scrooge D Silver █

[...]

FAQ
1.What is PoS?
PoS: Proof of Stake.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof-of-stake

2. what is the line Stake in wallet?
It is for the PoS blocks. Once a PoS block generated, some of your coins plus the generated interests will be moved to "stake", it is like "immature" for PoW. It will take 50 confirmations to mature, after mature the coins plus interests will be added back to your balance.

3. what does that mean in the wallet : Minting suspended due to locked wallet?
This says you can not do mining due to wallet encrypted.
you need to unlock the wallet in order to mine (for example for PoS blocks):
mintcoin-qt -server
mintcoind walletpassphrase true

4. Do I have to let my wallet open to get PoS coins?
PoS will be generated after at least 20 days holding of the coins in your wallet. You don't need to keep the wallet open all the time. The coin-days accumulated in your wallet will not be lost. The next time when you open the wallet client, the internal miner will start automatically and if the coin holding period meet certain requirements the pos blocks will be generated based on the coin-days in your wallet.

5. How often do I have to open the wallet in order to get PoS coins?
See above. You don't need to open wallet all the time, your coin-days accumulated in the wallet will not be lost.

6. Why I can't sync?
Use addnode in the conf file. The addnode list and sample conf file are posted above.
If you use Windows, the Mintcoin config dir is usually at c:/users/*yourcomputername*/AppData/Roaming/MintCoin, in which you should see your wallet.dat and peers.dat files. If the mintcoin.conf file is not there, create it using the above example (you don't need to include all the addnode lines, include some will be ok). Restart your client, you should be in sync within a few minutes.

7. You said 20% interest per year, do I have to wait 1 year to get the PoS interest?
No. PoS blocks will be generated after you hold some coins in your wallet for certain period of time. For MintCoin the minimum requirement is 20 days. If you move around the coins (for example send to other wallet and then send back), the time will reset for those moved.

8. The PoS generated coins, are they eligible for new PoS block generations?
Yes. After maturity (50 confirmations), the coins will move from "Stake" to "Balance". Once the PoS generated coins in "balance", they will be the same as all other coins, and are eligible for future PoS generations.

9. What will be generated total PoW coin number and what will be generated PoS coin number?
After 5 weeks PoW mining, there will be 20 billion PoW coins generation. Afterwards there will be some small number of PoW coins continue to be generated (at 1 coin/block). The PoS generation 1st year is 20%, 2nd year 15%, thrid year 10%, and subsequent years will be 5%. If maximum PoS generated (meaning all coins mined held), then after about 20 years there will be about total 70 billion coins generated in total (for both PoW and PoS), which is the max money allowed. In normal situation where there are coins transferred around, the time max money will be reached will be 30-40 years or more.
[/center]

I think it's not bad.
Activity: 350
Bitcoin Evengelist

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Activity: 126
Activity: 131
I bought a ton of mintcoin, even bought at 10 satoshi like an idiot before the first exchange popped up!
Really think this coin is going places.

Can people elaborate on the dust & PoS issue?
If I leave the wallet open, it'll basically do lots of small PoS which causes dust?

How does the PoS work exactly? I assume you only have a *chance* of minting a block with some mintcoin that's got coinage of 20 days? Is it done by amount of mintcoin in the same wallet with that coinage?
Or is it like even more basic and PoW still secures the network but you just gain interest on balances that have sat still for 20 days?
Activity: 252
Hashstrike pool down ?

We're repairing a disk failure on one of our main servers.  There's the quick way to fix it and the safe way to fix it, and we're going with the safe way Smiley We'll be back shortly.

Boy!  The mint blockchain takes forever to download. We've been up for a bit but our wallet decided it didn't like its copy of the blockchain, and it is re-downloading.  80% done with that, we'll be fully back online shortly.
Does anyone when the first halving will happen?

Should be in 1h 30m

What will the new reward be? I'm not really sure right now how it is. Is it  100000 - 900000 right now correct? What will it be after.

Must be 50000 to 450000 if it truly halves...

Been mining my heart out for days, one last day left before it gets a whole lot more difficult to acquire quantities of this coin.
Jump to: