Author

Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield - page 261. (Read 901828 times)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500
Do you think we should be on bter by now?
No idea, and to be honest I don't think the Chinese market is worth pursuing right now anyway due to the regulatory climate over there. One of the reasons why coins like Litecoin are falling is that they've been almost completely propped up by Chinese speculators.

They moved offshore I think.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
No idea, and to be honest I don't think the Chinese market is worth pursuing right now anyway due to the regulatory climate over there. One of the reasons why coins like Litecoin are falling is that they've been almost completely propped up by Chinese speculators.
Seems like there's only a relatively small number of coins changing hands on the exchanges. Looking at the top 30 wallets on the rich list, most of them remain untouched. A lot of big players probably bought in early and are now content at riding this out for a while.

I'm sure there's plenty like me with coins on exchanges waiting for the POS wallet, I didn't sell but it was tempting.

BK's idea about varying stake based on supply/demand sounds interesting and I hope that could work.

Glad Fitch won last night too.
I suspect the top 2 addresses might be Mintpal's own http://nautinsight.buddylabsapps.com/top100 What do you think?

I thought the other might be cryptsy but my buy orders just aren't filling so I doubt it.
I'm sending some btc to mint now and buying this dip if it gets there in time.
Hashrate is well up today so might be last chance to grab some at this price.

Seems like there's only a relatively small number of coins changing hands on the exchanges. Looking at the top 30 wallets on the rich list, most of them remain untouched. A lot of big players probably bought in early and are now content at riding this out for a while.

I'm sure there's plenty like me with coins on exchanges waiting for the POS wallet, I didn't sell but it was tempting.

BK's idea about varying stake based on supply/demand sounds interesting and I hope that could work.

I suspect the top 2 addresses might be Mintpal's own http://nautinsight.buddylabsapps.com/top100 What do you think?

Activity: 195
I received a transaction in the wallet but it has been pending for a long time. Also the synchronization has froze at 26026 blocks. I'm a bit of a noob so detail would be greatly appreciated on how to fix this, or if I'm just supposed to wait longer Smiley

Close the wallet and open it up again, maybe the block chain is stuck atm on high difficulty so no blocks are being solved. Just wait it out, everything will be fine mate ur naut is safe. This is one of the reasons why Proof of stake is being implemented =)
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I received a transaction in the wallet but it has been pending for a long time. Also the synchronization has froze at 26026 blocks. I'm a bit of a noob so detail would be greatly appreciated on how to fix this, or if I'm just supposed to wait longer Smiley
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Noobs gonna get owned, be careful out there
The Vertcoin devs drew a distinction between "full anon" transactions and "privacy". Their recently released stealth address implementation is testament to that stance. Privacy is an aspect that should not be frowned upon and dismissed as catering only to evil do-ers.  Cool

I agree 100% that transaction privacy is important and i most certainly dont frown upon or associate it with anything evil in the sense. It may however be a bane to larger investment institution which naut is currently trying to cater for as well as everyday people. With regulatory issues down the track not being clear it may not be wise to implement such a feature that would cut out a lot of money entering the coin ( thats my view on it neway ).

BK will know a lot cuz his Investment company is obviously currently complying with this regulatory maze of hoops you have to jump through so he may be able to shed some light on the subject.
Activity: 196
Does NAUT actually have a full-time dev? Or is one employed as the need arises? If that's the case, perhaps a dedicated NAUT team could be assembled to pioneer and execute future developments. NAUT has been reactive to date (PoS, multipool). There are coin devs out there forging paths and optimism has carried those projects to high market caps. Maybe NAUT can build on current momentum by furthering technical developments (sms gateways, stealth address, blockchain related advancements), while BK focuses on PR and adoption.

Stealth addresses are a big no no imo if you ever want to be accepted as a wall street investable asset. This whole anonymous thing has its uses but its a passing phase in these coins cycle of innovation.

sms gateways is not a bad idea but its for the most part for societies that dont have smart phones yet and at the moment there are being some really cheap smart phones being developed so i see it as a non issue.

You cant just copy innovation , it must be created from the collective ideas of things that work and these things you mention have not proven the test of time so theres no point implementing all the "hot new stuff" in the crypto space just for a quick $ cuz it simply wont work.

wallets for smart phones are going to be worked on soon as POS is implemented

would be nice to have a road map of current and previous developments so everyone knows where the coin stands

The Vertcoin devs drew a distinction between "full anon" transactions and "privacy". Their recently released stealth address implementation is testament to that stance. Privacy is an aspect that should not be frowned upon and dismissed as catering only to evil do-ers.  Cool

http://blog.vertcoin.org

Those of you have been around a while may remember, in the early days of VTC, there was some discussion over zerocoin implementation, and we made clear that anonymous/untraceable payments were not the direction we wanted to go with VTC – we are of the opinion that mainstream adoption won’t come from these features, and that they will actually damage the currencies that go down that route. The fact is, people don’t care about anonymity – if they did, they wouldn’t use social media etc.

However, we do believe in transactional privacy akin to what you expect from your legacy payment/banking systems, such that it’s not trivially easy for anyone to see your entire financial history.

Stealth addresses strike a good balance – all the transactions are still on the blockchain to be seen, but the link between an address and an individual is obfuscated. One thing that not many people seem to consider when talking about anonymity systems in cryptocurrencies is that true anonymous payments make all the blockchain tools you’re used to useless.

Stealth addresses increase privacy for a recipient by allowing you to publish a stealth address, which is like a seed which the sender then uses to generate a unique one-use Vertcoin address for the transaction. All the transactions remain public on the blockchain, but knowing the entire transactional history of your stealth address is now no-longer possible except for you, the holder of the secret key.
This is taken from the http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/7/4/5869925/jon-fitch-wsof-11-ufc-fixed-fights-fake-worked-nautiluscoin-palhares-bitcoin-cryptocurrency

Jon Fitch talks about naut
-----
For all the problems Bitcoin has had, it is making a strong comeback, and more and more companies are accepting it now. The thing with Nautiluscoin is that it's designed to be more user-friendly for merchants than Bitcoin. Bitcoin transactions will take about 10 minutes to process, but Nautiluscoin only takes 60 seconds. It's better than using a credit card because it's person to person, so you don't have to worry about it being fraudulent or pay the extra credit card fees.

There is that risk that it will tank and you'll be left with nothing, but I'm willing to put a gamble on it that it's going to pay off big. It has already shot up a bit from those who have bought into the sponsorship. I call it an investment opportunity for the fans; If you bought in a week ago you would have almost doubled your money. It was at 11,000 or 12,000 Satoshi (A Satoshi is a measurement of cryptocurrency value related to the value of Bitcoin. One Satoshi is equivalent to the smaller amount of Bitcoin that can be sent: 0.00000001 Bitcoin) and now it's worth about 22,000 Satoshi (as of July 4th some exchanges are valuing Nautiluscoin as high as 30,000 Satoshi), so it has almost doubled in that time.

They're also doing something called POS, proof-of-stake, which they're trying to implement before the fight, which makes the currency more rare and more valuable. So it's a one-two combination of that and my sponsorship, so the price should shoot up again. In the short time people who invest in that sponsorship opportunity should make some decent money off of it.

The deal is that I'd be sponsored for my sponsor minimum, which was covered by Brian Kelly who is on the show ‘Fast Money' on CNBC. He is the creator of this coin, and he covered the minimum, then we set up a tier system that lets fans buy Nautiluscoin and invest it in sponsoring me in order to get to the next tier, and more money meant a bigger sponsorship. The fans invested the money to get me up to tier 3, so I covered the rest and got it up to tier 4, which was the equivalent of a $10,000 sponsorship.

That gives Nautiluscoin prime real estate; they'll have a huge spot on the banner, a spot on the ass of my shorts and a t-shirt ad. People were able to invest in me and in the coin in the hopes that my sponsorship gets the attention of so many people that other people want to buy and accept the currency. If they would have bought it on that Friday when I first announced it, they would already have almost doubled their money.

The other reason I did this is that I've had such great support from my fans that I wanted to get my fans paid too; why should my sponsor and I be the only ones to make money out of it? Why shouldn't my fans make money?

------

Fitch is onto it =)
Does NAUT actually have a full-time dev? Or is one employed as the need arises? If that's the case, perhaps a dedicated NAUT team could be assembled to pioneer and execute future developments. NAUT has been reactive to date (PoS, multipool). There are coin devs out there forging paths and optimism has carried those projects to high market caps. Maybe NAUT can build on current momentum by furthering technical developments (sms gateways, stealth address, blockchain related advancements), while BK focuses on PR and adoption.

Stealth addresses are a big no no imo if you ever want to be accepted as a wall street investable asset. This whole anonymous thing has its uses but its a passing phase in these coins cycle of innovation.

sms gateways is not a bad idea but its for the most part for societies that dont have smart phones yet and at the moment there are being some really cheap smart phones being developed so i see it as a non issue.

You cant just copy innovation , it must be created from the collective ideas of things that work and these things you mention have not proven the test of time so theres no point implementing all the "hot new stuff" in the crypto space just for a quick $ cuz it simply wont work.

wallets for smart phones are going to be worked on soon as POS is implemented

would be nice to have a road map of current and previous developments so everyone knows where the coin stands
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Get'em Fitch! Congratulations on the win!
Step one to Nautiluscoin world domination - getting the name out to a million or so people in a single night? Check Cheesy
AWESOME work by jon Fitch, Congrats to him on the win, couldn't of chosen a cooler dude BK great work on ur behalf too mate.

bright future for nautilus ahead everyone

Keeping Nauti!!!
Congrats Fitch! Thanks for giving the viewers a good long look of your NAUTi ass!  Kiss
Great fight Smiley Don't know if you're reading this thread Fitch, but if you are CONGRATULATIONS! from all of us! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1001
lol how much coin did you give john f for that big spot on his ass?
Jump to: