Author

Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield - page 263. (Read 901828 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Hello everyone.  I'm a small-time NAUT investor.  I just moved all of my coins off of Mintpal and onto my desktop wallet.  Please forgive my noobness, but can someone eli5 what Proof of Stake actually means for the little guys like me?  I only hold about 1500 coins, but I'm a huge NAUT fan (among other coins).  Will I need to update my wallet when we change over to PoS? Also, will there ever be an electrum or android wallet for NAUT?

Keep up the great work you guys!  I love to see altcoin communities flourishing! 
Hi buddy,

Yep you'll have to update your wallet, but info regarding that will be posted everywhere so don't worry about that Smiley The exchanges will update their own wallets, usually together with a previously announced scheduled hour or so of downtime. Proof of Stake, PoS, means that the people holding the coins are securing the network and keeping the network moving forward, rather than miners. This also means that anyone using their wallets to "stake" gets a certain % in return. I recall BK posting that it will be 2% a year, or something like that. You'll only get that if you keep your wallet online though, as it needs to be online to keep validating transactions and thus secure the blockchain.

This will also allow for something called a PoS multipool, where miners can mine other coins than Naut. The pool operator will then sell them for BTC and buy Naut from exchanges to be payed out to the miners. This will provide a constant positive upward momentum for the price, and help stabilize it further.

As far as electrum- and androidwallets go I don't know, but I'm sure this is something that's being looked at. Smiley

Thank you for the info!  I just bought 500 more NAUT.  Go NAUT!
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Sweet! http://coinmarketcap.com/ has updated their blockexplorer to the new one, so now the number of coins shown are correct once again Smiley Looks like we're 4,253,586 mined Nauts at the time of writing. We're also a couple of thousand dollars away from a 1 million $ marketcap and 200,000 $ away from the 30th spot. I'm sure both will be remedied shortly Smiley
Hello everyone.  I'm a small-time NAUT investor.  I just moved all of my coins off of Mintpal and onto my desktop wallet.  Please forgive my noobness, but can someone eli5 what Proof of Stake actually means for the little guys like me?  I only hold about 1500 coins, but I'm a huge NAUT fan (among other coins).  Will I need to update my wallet when we change over to PoS? Also, will there ever be an electrum or android wallet for NAUT?

Keep up the great work you guys!  I love to see altcoin communities flourishing! 
Hi buddy,

Yep you'll have to update your wallet, but info regarding that will be posted everywhere so don't worry about that Smiley The exchanges will update their own wallets, usually together with a previously announced scheduled hour or so of downtime. Proof of Stake, PoS, means that the people holding the coins are securing the network and keeping the network moving forward, rather than miners. This also means that anyone using their wallets to "stake" gets a certain % in return. I recall BK posting that it will be 2% a year, or something like that. You'll only get that if you keep your wallet online though, as it needs to be online to keep validating transactions and thus secure the blockchain.

This will also allow for something called a PoS multipool, where miners can mine other coins than Naut. The pool operator will then sell them for BTC and buy Naut from exchanges to be payed out to the miners. This will provide a constant positive upward momentum for the price, and help stabilize it further.

As far as electrum- and androidwallets go I don't know, but I'm sure this is something that's being looked at. Smiley
Activity: 22

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500
Someone just unloaded 40k naut we didn't even dip Wink

Sell and cry!

that may have been

Jeremy Ross ‏@jebus911  11m
Out of Naut +45% up. Thanks for the pump Seaman.

just speculation on my behalf

He announced he dumped and price held.

Usually a whale dumps, announces on twitter, price tumbles, whale buys back in cheaper.

Feels like NAUT passed another test last night.

i totally agree i expected it to really slow down and even drop back a little but its just not the case. The growing confidence in this coin and peaking over 1 mil market all points to naut performing strongly into the future, everyone here is so positive with all the ideas being thrown around it just further instills confidence.

This rise has been good for marketing to the current market participants and newcomers alike, many people tweeting about the coin and it should only increase awareness with Fitch's fight this weekend. I wonder if many of the day traders realize about the reduced inflation of the coin coin supply coming with POS.

All in all its been a good few days and looking ilke a very bright future for naut ahead which is what we are all posting about.

Get nauti and stay nauti, only fools sell nauti =) 

I had a little dabble on bittrex the other day and the dev disappeared, the price crashed and the coin has been left for dead.

It looked orchestrated and was sad to see people losing thousands of dollars.

This is where NAUT stands out in my opinion. The stability has been excellent so far and we know who is running the show.

Fight night tonight, moolah imminent, POS will be professionally audited and this is still early days.

I'm more interested in the long term plans for the NSF which should keep things interesting way beyond the fight.

This thread has been great too and I can only see the community growing with the recent exposure.
Activity: 195

Sell and cry!

that may have been

Usually a whale dumps, announces on twitter, price tumbles, whale buys back in cheaper.

i totally agree i expected it to really slow down and even drop back a little but its just not the case. The growing confidence in this coin and peaking over 1 mil market all points to naut performing strongly into the future, everyone here is so positive with all the ideas being thrown around it just further instills confidence.

This rise has been good for marketing to the current market participants and newcomers alike, many people tweeting about the coin and it should only increase awareness with Fitch's fight this weekend. I wonder if many of the day traders realize about the reduced inflation of the coin coin supply coming with POS.

All in all its been a good few days and looking ilke a very bright future for naut ahead which is what we are all posting about.

Get nauti and stay nauti, only fools sell nauti =) 
Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

Sell and cry!

that may have been

I'll make a prediction and say that we'll pass 50k this weekend. Virtually no resistance (although some might pop up when we start rising again) and so many great things being announced in the next few days. I'm sure the Moolah announcement can carry us quite far by itself, but then we'll also have Naut being advertised on national TV tonight and the upcoming PoS switch making Naut very rare Cheesy And this is only in the next few days! There's so much more coming in the next couple of months. Next after this seems to be the multipool, and that's probably the least exciting thing. Smiley
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
BK - This might not be necessary, but have you considered having the PoS code audited first by another dev team to make sure it's correct? I know Bryce Weiner and his company does this, so maybe it would be worth asking them to look through it? Normally it's probably not necessary, but I was just thinking since this is a pretty big change and all.

good point but not sure I'd let a guy like weiner be responsible for this.

I like the idea of an audit.

Julian Yap seems reputable, I have had excellent experience so far...anyone have thoughts?

Great call Brian. It would be extra sweet to have a Mac wallet signed by a developer like Julian. I believe he would be a great resource for getting a IOS Wallet made as well.
Activity: 33

Sell and cry!

that may have been

Jeremy Ross ‏@jebus911  11m

That may have been it you mean?

It's possible, but I'm looking for a much bigger profit so I will hold on.

Sell 40k naut now, tell me how much to get them back? Smiley

yea im not game enough to get in and out, i guess im too much of a true of a true believer. i haven't sold 1 naut since i started buying at the end of the huge pump right at the start.

I hear ya, most if the time it works out better that way anyway.

lol so he was the one who sold to me at 36K. He needed to pay rent...it's fine. I have a job so I don't have to worry about taking out BTC to pay the bills...
Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Sell and cry!

that may have been

yea im not game enough to get in and out, i guess im too much of a true of a true believer. i haven't sold 1 naut since i started buying at the end of the huge pump right at the start.

I hear ya, most if the time it works out better that way anyway.

Sell and cry!

that may have been

Sell and cry!

that may have been

Sell and cry!

that may have been

Sell and cry!
Thank God for the seller at 36K. It has been so hard to buy Naut.

yea its very hard to get buy orders filled atm, i think this is just the beginning as well with such a large spread you can tell this thing is going way higher than current prices

I agree. It seems like the only people who are selling now are the daytraders with smaller positions, and who are happy with the gains over the past couple days. No one who has been accumulating for the past few weeks is willing to sell.

yea its very hard to get buy orders filled atm, i think this is just the beginning as well with such a large spread you can tell this thing is going way higher than current prices
Some serious buying just happened on mintpal 41k naut brought in no time at all, we mite be in for another run up =)

Order book is getting very thin on the way up. This could go parabolic real soon.

Big walls in place now on the sells and buys, looks like the whales are moving in and circling , this is awesome =)

and they pulled the big sell wall when their order was filled for 18k naut

whoever that was pulled some nice moves

Some serious buying just happened on mintpal 41k naut brought in no time at all, we mite be in for another run up =)

Order book is getting very thin on the way up. This could go parabolic real soon.

Big walls in place now on the sells and buys, looks like the whales are moving in and circling , this is awesome =)
Jump to: