Author

Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield - page 277. (Read 901828 times)

Activity: 164
Merit: 100
what the hell is going on?
6 hours, 1 confirmation?
get rid of that Digishield crap and write your own freakn difficulty adjustment? Smiley
Or get me to write it Cheesy hehehe
I'm sure you could contribute with a lot Smiley However proof of stake should hopefully come out pretty soon anyway, so any major overhauls of the mining code is probably pretty unnecessary at this point. Good to see you posting here though Smiley You've done some work on Cinni if I'm not mistaken?

Yea Smiley but CINNI isn't my baby Tongue I just took a bounty and wrote EM with some friends, I do still contribute there as well.
Activity: 154
6 hours, 1 confirmation?
get rid of that Digishield crap and write your own freakn difficulty adjustment? Smiley
I'm sure you could contribute with a lot Smiley However proof of stake should hopefully come out pretty soon anyway, so any major overhauls of the mining code is probably pretty unnecessary at this point. Good to see you posting here though Smiley You've done some work on Cinni if I'm not mistaken?
Activity: 238
6 hours, 1 confirmation?

Once proof of stake rolls out it really won't be much an issue anymore.
Activity: 164
6 hours, 1 confirmation?
Activity: 1036
Merit: 500
Actually http://www.moolah.io auto-forwards to http://v2.moolah.io ... this means that v2 is released, and nautiluscoin is part of v2.

Registered earlier today but seems the USD feature is not going yet.

Same here. I created a NAUT "account". But see no way to fund it with USD.

Reading through some posts by BK, he did say that they'll announce something shortly once they've done sufficient testing. So it's probably in the final developmental stages, and that's why we can register accounts but nut purchase Naut just yet. I really, really, really hope that this can coincide with PoS and the fight on July the 5th! That would be a triple winning! Smiley

Edit: Also, will be pass 150 pages on this thread by then? Quadruple winning coming up?  Cheesy

The quadruple should be merchant acceptance by a company we might have heard of. Perhaps a VPN provider would be a start, I'd subscribe to the first decent provider that accepts NAUT.
Actually http://www.moolah.io auto-forwards to http://v2.moolah.io ... this means that v2 is released, and nautiluscoin is part of v2.

Reading through some posts by BK, he did say that they'll announce something shortly once they've done sufficient testing. So it's probably in the final developmental stages, and that's why we can register accounts but nut purchase Naut just yet. I really, really, really hope that this can coincide with PoS and the fight on July the 5th! That would be a triple winning! Smiley

Edit: Also, will be pass 150 pages on this thread by then? Quadruple winning coming up?  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

Only a matter of time, but they no longer support the legacy version.

Activity: 78
Merit: 10
Really excited about the next few weeks for this coin.  So many developments going on and an awesome community.
Thank you, the whole satoshi thing makes a bit more sense now.

Heard about the Moolah possibility, was hoping it would happen prior to the fight.
Now worries Smiley Just post here if there's something else you're unsure of. There's a lot of helpful people in this thread who can help you out.
Thank you, the whole satoshi thing makes a bit more sense now.

Heard about the Moolah possibility, was hoping it would happen prior to the fight.

As a newbie that does not understand the satoshi ratios and such but wants to get this coin it is not very easy.

Sure I have heard buy bitcoin, (already did this but takes nearly a week to show up in Coinbase), then exhange it (volumes and prices asked seem crazy).  I would love nothing more than to purchase coins with USD, I believe any views of the upcoming fight are going to feel the same way.

As of now it is just to difficult for the average user like me to actually get into this coin without jumping through a lot of hoops, which starts to throw interests off.
I completely get that. I was terrified when I started trading altcoins (other coins than Bitcoin) as it can be a little tricky. The easiest thing to do right now is to transfer your Bitcoins to a good exchange like Mintpal, and buy Nautiluscoin there.

Basically 1 satoshi is the smallest divisible number of a Bitcoin, or 0.00000001 Bitcoins Smiley So when we say that one Nautiluscoin is worth 20,000 satoshi it means that it's worth the equivalent of 0,0002 Bitcoins, or about 12 cents.

As for easier methods of purchasing, www.Moolah.io is about to launch a platform that will allow people to purchase Nautiluscoin directly with dollars and euros. This will hopefully go a long way of making non-techies more comfortable. I'm not sure when they're launching that however, but from what I can gather it seems like they might do it during the summer.
I know other coins are setting up multipools but it does sound perfect for NAUT. I find multipool returns are limited unless you're extremely tactful about how you sell the coins you mine, wait too long and you're mining at a loss, sell too soon and miss out on a decent return, let the multipool auto-sell and profits are often minimal if that. What you really want is payment in a coin which is likely to appreciate in value.

The best method is to watch this forum like a hawk and get in early on the right coin but it's time consuming and disappointing when you back the wrong horse. I just couldn't understand the talk about dumping it down to 1 sat.
Normally PoS multi pools are handled manually as far as I know. So the people running the pool take all the coins that's been mined for the last 12 hours (for example), sell them and then purchase whatever coin the multipool is mining. This means that the skill of the people running it somewhat determiners the outcome. One can usually count on a certain return however, as long as they don't mess up completely Smiley

Perhaps an option for a weekly payout with a dedicated trader who takes something like 10% fee for their efforts could maximize returns?
That might not be a bad idea if it's done right. There's a pretty respected trader on Twitter called KingBTC who has recently started investing Bitcoins that people send him through a little fund he's working with. It's a new thing so I'm not sure how it will turn out, but how it fares might be indicative if crypto is ready for hedgefund investors of its own Smiley

I'm sure there's a few traders who know how to maximise their profits, they know what coins are going to be hot and what price they're likely to achieve just by looking at the code and devs. A week is a long time in crypto and that 10% could really make it worthwhile for someone.
As a newbie that does not understand the satoshi ratios and such but wants to get this coin it is not very easy.

Sure I have heard buy bitcoin, (already did this but takes nearly a week to show up in Coinbase), then exhange it (volumes and prices asked seem crazy).  I would love nothing more than to purchase coins with USD, I believe any views of the upcoming fight are going to feel the same way.

As of now it is just to difficult for the average user like me to actually get into this coin without jumping through a lot of hoops, which starts to throw interests off.
I completely get that. I was terrified when I started trading altcoins (other coins than Bitcoin) as it can be a little tricky. The easiest thing to do right now is to transfer your Bitcoins to a good exchange like Mintpal, and buy Nautiluscoin there.

Basically 1 satoshi is the smallest divisible number of a Bitcoin, or 0.00000001 Bitcoins Smiley So when we say that one Nautiluscoin is worth 20,000 satoshi it means that it's worth the equivalent of 0,0002 Bitcoins, or about 12 cents.

As for easier methods of purchasing, www.Moolah.io is about to launch a platform that will allow people to purchase Nautiluscoin directly with dollars and euros. This will hopefully go a long way of making non-techies more comfortable. I'm not sure when they're launching that however, but from what I can gather it seems like they might do it during the summer.

Unfortunately this is a limitation to bitcoin and virtual currency based businesses in the united states, now that there's new tax status rapid distribution of virtual currency is rather difficult. Some, however, manage to make it process rather quickly. If you have a Visa card, coinbase manages to process quickly.

Don't forget to vote, we're #7 now.
http://www.coinwarz.com/voting
I know other coins are setting up multipools but it does sound perfect for NAUT. I find multipool returns are limited unless you're extremely tactful about how you sell the coins you mine, wait too long and you're mining at a loss, sell too soon and miss out on a decent return, let the multipool auto-sell and profits are often minimal if that. What you really want is payment in a coin which is likely to appreciate in value.

The best method is to watch this forum like a hawk and get in early on the right coin but it's time consuming and disappointing when you back the wrong horse. I just couldn't understand the talk about dumping it down to 1 sat.
Normally PoS multi pools are handled manually as far as I know. So the people running the pool take all the coins that's been mined for the last 12 hours (for example), sell them and then purchase whatever coin the multipool is mining. This means that the skill of the people running it somewhat determiners the outcome. One can usually count on a certain return however, as long as they don't mess up completely Smiley

Perhaps an option for a weekly payout with a dedicated trader who takes something like 10% fee for their efforts could maximize returns?
That might not be a bad idea if it's done right. There's a pretty respected trader on Twitter called KingBTC who has recently started investing Bitcoins that people send him through a little fund he's working with. It's a new thing so I'm not sure how it will turn out, but how it fares might be indicative if crypto is ready for hedgefund investors of its own Smiley

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
look at the 4hr marubozu candle, fittin to moon son  Shocked
Jump to: