Author

Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield - page 276. (Read 901828 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
On the new Proof of Stake wallet, are we going to get a mac one at a relatively nearby time to the windows release?

i hope so im a mac user with my coins in a mac wallet

You can transfer the wallet.dat to a virtual environment of Windows. and it will work. (I have had to do this with other coins before), but I'd like to see Windows, Mac, and *nix all launched at once.
Activity: 195
On the new Proof of Stake wallet, are we going to get a mac one at a relatively nearby time to the windows release?

i hope so im a mac user with my coins in a mac wallet
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Once we get the PoS ready we will need beta testers for sure!

Also, next is a mobile wallet...we need to have that.

i'm excited about PoS and a mobile wallet.  We're all definitely here to help with testing  Cool

The difficulty of a mobile wallet with proof of stake is the obvious issue of mobile devices honestly not having a whole lot of processing power. So a staking mobile wallet is very difficult to guarantee will work.

Ultimately what would have to happen is that it be a remote accessible web service and the mobile wallet be the only access to that remote web service.

The best option here is that the mobile wallet NOT be a staking wallet, and the user only transfer NAUT to the mobile wallet when intending to spend it. (Sort of like a Checking vs. Savings Account idea as someone mentioned a number of pages back)

Second option is the web service, but permanent storage on a non-local basis of a virtual currency (Meaning remote) is a risky option. As I said, Phone = Checking, Home-Computer = Savings

So really it's hard to establish what would be best.

Many coins are currently working on a fully functional PoS android wallet. When one finally succeeds in making it, it will be open source and available to all the other coins for re-purposing. 

I know this, a number of coins are looking at trying to do this, but the primary issue remains the same with all. Having the phone itself do the minting is honestly not the best option. Having minting operate remotely is much better, and having the phone just be a bridge to that wallet connection is more power/processor friendly. But at the same time, security becomes a risk.

For now, the phone being a static wallet, and a computer being a minting wallet is still better than the security risk (if you ask me).

As I (and someone else) said before, Mobile = Checking, and Home-Computer = Savings. Until such time a securely minting wallet can be created for Android (or other devices).

NXT basically solved this with leasing. You can lease your balance to another ID for "forging" as they call it. So, you have two IDs, one on your PC, and one on your phone. You lease your phone ID to your PC ID, and the PC does the forging.

i'm excited about PoS and a mobile wallet.  We're all definitely here to help with testing  Cool

The difficulty of a mobile wallet with proof of stake is the obvious issue of mobile devices honestly not having a whole lot of processing power. So a staking mobile wallet is very difficult to guarantee will work.

Ultimately what would have to happen is that it be a remote accessible web service and the mobile wallet be the only access to that remote web service.

The best option here is that the mobile wallet NOT be a staking wallet, and the user only transfer NAUT to the mobile wallet when intending to spend it. (Sort of like a Checking vs. Savings Account idea as someone mentioned a number of pages back)

Second option is the web service, but permanent storage on a non-local basis of a virtual currency (Meaning remote) is a risky option. As I said, Phone = Checking, Home-Computer = Savings

Many coins are currently working on a fully functional PoS android wallet. When one finally succeeds in making it, it will be open source and available to all the other coins for re-purposing. 

I know this, a number of coins are looking at trying to do this, but the primary issue remains the same with all. Having the phone itself do the minting is honestly not the best option. Having minting operate remotely is much better, and having the phone just be a bridge to that wallet connection is more power/processor friendly. But at the same time, security becomes a risk.

For now, the phone being a static wallet, and a computer being a minting wallet is still better than the security risk (if you ask me).

As I (and someone else) said before, Mobile = Checking, and Home-Computer = Savings. Until such time a securely minting wallet can be created for Android (or other devices).
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

i'm excited about PoS and a mobile wallet.  We're all definitely here to help with testing  Cool

Second option is the web service, but permanent storage on a non-local basis of a virtual currency (Meaning remote) is a risky option.

Second option is the web service, but permanent storage on a non-local basis of a virtual currency (Meaning remote) is a risky option.

Activity: 204

mega uptrend, I'm so excited about it I don't have anyone else to tell so I keep posting in the thread Cheesy

Not only is there a solid uptrend, it's a solid uptrend with LOW VOLUME. Imagine what it will look like if that volume increases?

A few things -

PoS - Update, I am told we may have final delivery by the weekend at the latest.  Hopefully this will give us enough time to beta test before the fight.

Blocktimes - Thanks for the patience, I am renting ASIC rigs to try and push these through.

Follow the Coin - they sent me questions today, I will answer and send back tonight

-BK

This coin is exploding in popularity and it's awesome.
I am afraid of not getting any coins prior to the POS happening and then the price shooting up.
Hoping when my BTC order settles Friday, I can try my luck on the exchanges.

The best advice that I (or anyone) can give if you truly are new to this whole game is to not isolate yourself to just one crypto in the alt world. Do a LOT of research and diversify. it's the same general rule as to when investing in the non-virtual-currency markets as well.

Never put all eggs into one basket. Remember this is still a relatively new market and HIGH RISK. If you're careful and pay VERY close attention, you can make a profit, but if you're not careful, you can lose a lot.

A few things -

PoS - Update, I am told we may have final delivery by the weekend at the latest.  Hopefully this will give us enough time to beta test before the fight.

Blocktimes - Thanks for the patience, I am renting ASIC rigs to try and push these through.

Follow the Coin - they sent me questions today, I will answer and send back tonight

-BK

that it is!!!

We are all sitting tight waiting to help if you need it BK =)

Just let us know!

Don't forget to vote! http://www.coinwarz.com/voting
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
mega uptrend, I'm so excited about it I don't have anyone else to tell so I keep posting in the thread Cheesy
Activity: 154
I am afraid of not getting any coins prior to the POS happening and then the price shooting up.
Hoping when my BTC order settles Friday, I can try my luck on the exchanges.

A few things -

PoS - Update, I am told we may have final delivery by the weekend at the latest.  Hopefully this will give us enough time to beta test before the fight.

-BK

Activity: 210
A few things -

PoS - Update, I am told we may have final delivery by the weekend at the latest.  Hopefully this will give us enough time to beta test before the fight.

-BK

that it is!!!

A few things -

-BK

that it is!!!

A few things -

-BK

Activity: 210
A few things -

-BK
Great to see more people joining the community, i see the blockchain is back in action past the high difficulty block and the price slowly travelling upwards. Exciting times ahead!!!

I just heard Bryce weiner has brought project skyhook Bitcoin ATM's (the $999 open source ones) and is planning to due to the open source nature of these machine, turn one into a alt coin ATM. Simply amazing.

BK i would suggest Buying one ur self and speaking to bryce about setting the code up for a Nautilus coin ATM !!! im sure he would be happy to as he is a really helpful guy. This would greatly increase the exposure of naut long term, if this happened there would be a need for a secure web wallet so people can easily purchase coins and put them straight on their smart phone.

Something to consider as if all this happened i would quite happily buy a skyhook also being they are soo damn cheap its really accessible for the everyday crypto enthusiast. =)   

This is all pretty nifty!

Don't forget to vote!
http://www.coinwarz.com/voting We're #6 on there now!
Great to see more people joining the community, i see the blockchain is back in action past the high difficulty block and the price slowly travelling upwards. Exciting times ahead!!!

I just heard Bryce weiner has brought project skyhook Bitcoin ATM's (the $999 open source ones) and is planning to due to the open source nature of these machine, turn one into a alt coin ATM. Simply amazing.

BK i would suggest Buying one ur self and speaking to bryce about setting the code up for a Nautilus coin ATM !!! im sure he would be happy to as he is a really helpful guy. This would greatly increase the exposure of naut long term, if this happened there would be a need for a secure web wallet so people can easily purchase coins and put them straight on their smart phone.

Something to consider as if all this happened i would quite happily buy a skyhook also being they are soo damn cheap its really accessible for the everyday crypto enthusiast. =)   
Activity: 695
Merit: 500
As a newbie that does not understand the satoshi ratios and such but wants to get this coin it is not very easy.

Welcome xtent to the crypto community, your post brings back memories from when I started, you will win some and you will loose some, but wow what a journey you have begun.  Grin
Feel free to ask any questions, we have a cool community here.  Cool

Really excited about the next few weeks for this coin.  So many developments going on and an awesome community.

Good to see you here as well folhowk, welcome to the community.  Wink I'm excited as well.

Activity: 164
Looks like we might get even more exposure this week. A few days ago I tweeted Followthecoin (very big and popular crypto news team) about Nautiluscoin, and they responded asking me who they should talk to for more info. I suggested BK and they sent him a message. I asked them earlier today for an update, and they just tweeted this:

@FollowTheCoin  1m
@Blackcoiner just sent off the questions! CC: @BrianKellyBK
 San Francisco, CA

For those who are not Twitter-literate, they responded to me and put BK in a copy. They seem to have a very different following than David Seaman, who BK was interview by a while ago. Followthecoin is more playful, and focuses more on the community aspects of different coins. I think talking to them will be huge for getting the word out to the segment of the crypto community who don't follow David's shows that much.  Smiley

nice Smiley they need to get PoS, cos this confirmation time is enough to make me sick Tongue
Activity: 154
Looks like we might get even more exposure this week. A few days ago I tweeted Followthecoin (very big and popular crypto news team) about Nautiluscoin, and they responded asking me who they should talk to for more info. I suggested BK and they sent him a message. I asked them earlier today for an update, and they just tweeted this:

@FollowTheCoin  1m
@Blackcoiner just sent off the questions! CC: @BrianKellyBK
 San Francisco, CA

For those who are not Twitter-literate, they responded to me and put BK in a copy. They seem to have a very different following than David Seaman, who BK was interview by a while ago. Followthecoin is more playful, and focuses more on the community aspects of different coins. I think talking to them will be huge for getting the word out to the segment of the crypto community who don't follow David's shows that much.  Smiley
Jump to: