Author

Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield - page 273. (Read 901828 times)

legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114
Hey, whoever is running the bot on Mintpal, hey good job, that's the slowest bot I've ever seen!!  Cheesy
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
VRC has gone up more than 5 times in the past week... just a nice reminder of what can happen to a coin that gets some momentum Smiley They also switched to PoS a little over a month ago. I see something very similar happening to NAUT once we're at the next stage of development.

Not to talk too much about VRC, but they introduced a pretty nice feature called veribit.  It allows VRC to automatically be accepted anywhere bitcoin is already accepted.  It would be smart for nautiluscoin to copy and integrate that feature.  I say there's no reason not to pick up best practices from other coins and also try to avoid making the same mistakes as other coins.

That's a real game changer. Will it be hard to replicate?
It's a pretty cool feature, I agree. I also like the idea of copying the best ideas, but it's important to keep developing new things that distinguished Nautiluscoin from the rest. If all we do is add existing tech we'll always be one step behind. I'd say we need to keep a balance between the two, and only add things that are true game changers to avoid becoming labeled as a copycat coin.

Maybe add a feature to the coming Nautiluscoin PoS multipool that allows people to donate a small part of their mining profit to the NSF? Like a slider that you can set from 0%-100%, and whatever you choose gets donated to provide stability to your investment? That will allow everyone who mines at the pool to help out in more ways than one, and would be a feature that would really distinguish Nautiluscoin in a lot of ways. BK what do you think about that? Smiley
Activity: 1036
Merit: 500
VRC has gone up more than 5 times in the past week... just a nice reminder of what can happen to a coin that gets some momentum Smiley They also switched to PoS a little over a month ago. I see something very similar happening to NAUT once we're at the next stage of development.

Not to talk too much about VRC, but they introduced a pretty nice feature called veribit.  It allows VRC to automatically be accepted anywhere bitcoin is already accepted.  It would be smart for nautiluscoin to copy and integrate that feature.  I say there's no reason not to pick up best practices from other coins and also try to avoid making the same mistakes as other coins.

That's a real game changer. Will it be hard to replicate?
Activity: 204

and p.s.   i will notify the coinwarz admins about the voting glitch.  If i can find it, others can too.
Activity: 210
Hello Nautiluscoin Community!

We've just released PocketCrypto, a new Cryptocurrency Management App that will allow you to easily manage your Nautiluscoin investment.  Hope you guys will check out the app and Good Luck to All!

We currently support all coins on Mintpal and Cryptsy. Polo and Bittrex will be added in approximately a week.

Please check out our main post for additional info, Thanks!
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-blockfolio-bitcoin-and-altcoin-portfolio-app-android-and-ios-660696

this looks great--thx for sharing it with us...it might even convince me to get an Android phone!
Activity: 140
Merit: 102
PocketCrypto stuff

looks great !! well done
PocketCrypto stuff

Hey pocketcrypto!

Thanks for coming into the nautilus thread and sharing that with us.  I might've missed it otherwise.

i wonder if it has price alarms.  like my phone will notify me automatically when nautiluscoin sails to the moon : )      I guess i'll have to download it and findout.  and if there aren't alarms, i might have to submit a feature suggestion   Wink

and filipe, thanks for the pool info.  I think we're on the very last legs of normal mining though.
PocketCrypto stuff

Awesome app, congrats on release!

Thanks for the positive feedback and support everyone! Smiley  The app does not currently have price alarms, however that sounds like a great idea and we will add it to our todo list.
ha i never heard of this till i saw it on an mma site

no way is fitch #2 ww in the world lol he might not even be #2 ww in the wsof
I'd say he's #2 in WSOF for sure. He was supposed to fight Rousimar for the title, and with his record it's easy to make a case for it. In the world though? No, maybe somewhere around top 5-10.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1001
ha i never heard of this till i saw it on an mma site

no way is fitch #2 ww in the world lol he might not even be #2 ww in the wsof
Article about the Fitch sponsorship:
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/6/27/5849520/world-series-of-fighting-jon-fitch-getting-sponsor-bitcoins-digital-currency-mma-news
It's actually very positive, but some of the comments are very much trollposts. It's always funny to see how little most people are about digital currencies. One poster actually claims that Bitcoin goes from 1300$ to 20$ every few days Smiley He was probably being facetious, but still..

Anyway, I've seen several articles about this on MMA websites so this is certainly a fantastic way of getting the word out. The only thing I would suggest would be to maybe ask Fitch to tweet out a link to the Nautiluscoin website, or indeed this thread. Lots of people seem to be interested, but it's understandably a little tricky getting your head around how this works in the beginning. Hopefully proof of stake will be done by fight time so that people who get hooked on trying out Nautiluscoin will be able to use it immediately without having to worry about transaction times and updating their wallet for a little while Smiley
Activity: 238
Don't forget to vote.

http://www.coinwarz.com/voting

hahah.  I think i found a bug in their voting system.  I won't exploit it or spill the info or anything though.  i don't want us to be accused of cheating  Shocked

it looks like we'll get to the top naturally anyways.

Just notify the admins of the site about it, don't publicize the problem.
Don't forget to vote.

http://www.coinwarz.com/voting

hahah.  I think i found a bug in their voting system.  I won't exploit it or spill the info or anything though.  i don't want us to be accused of cheating  Shocked

it looks like we'll get to the top naturally anyways.
PocketCrypto stuff

Hey pocketcrypto!

Thanks for coming into the nautilus thread and sharing that with us.  I might've missed it otherwise.

i wonder if it has price alarms.  like my phone will notify me automatically when nautiluscoin sails to the moon : )      I guess i'll have to download it and findout.  and if there aren't alarms, i might have to submit a feature suggestion   Wink

and filipe, thanks for the pool info.  I think we're on the very last legs of normal mining though.
Activity: 195
Activity: 140
Merit: 102
Hello Nautiluscoin Community!

We've just released PocketCrypto, a new Cryptocurrency Management App that will allow you to easily manage your Nautiluscoin investment.  Hope you guys will check out the app and Good Luck to All!

We currently support all coins on Mintpal and Cryptsy. Polo and Bittrex will be added in approximately a week.

Pro Version (super awesome!) (no ads) (earlier updates)(no coin limit) (just because you love us Cheesy)
*Exclusive to Pro: *add unlimited coins, add Fiat Currency with price in btc, Precious Metals with price in btc, Notes Feature,and more coming soon!

Free Version (still awesome!)(10 coin limit)

Please check out our main post for additional info, Thanks!
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-blockfolio-bitcoin-and-altcoin-portfolio-app-android-and-ios-660696
Update on Stuck Block...again...

Mining at Bitember with 170mhs ASIC...I will keep this running until we switch to PoS

Its very frustrating but we should not be too far away from PoS

-BK
Thanks BK! :-) Look at it from the bright side - you'll be able to sell the mined Naut for several times the price in a few months and more than make up for your original investment.

That's the plan!  Except I don t think I will be a seller in only a few months....I have big plans for NAUT...long term holder

I can understand you not wanting to reveal your plans just yet, but can you give a rough indication of what you mean by long term? 12 months, 18, 24 or 36 months?
I will be a long term holder as well, but I am just wondering Wink

He's also holding off on revealing other people's plans Wink
Naut is starting to get mentioned more and more on Twitter :-) Very cool to see the community grow so fast. If the PoS implementation goes well I think a ton of people are willing to join. Seems like a lot of people are hesitant due to the digishield problems, but that can be easily remedied by a proper proof of stake switch.

I'm hoping that it can grow more and more, even buying now I think people are getting in at ground floor.
Jump to: