Author

Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield - page 331. (Read 901829 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Looks like dedicated pool picked up NAUT for mining.. no one mining there tho.
Activity: 196
This coin will do 'things' when its daymn good & ready. Im GLAD theres miners dumping it, FEED ME MORE. Mining dosent last for ever, and no one has patience = perfect. Have a great day.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Because everything needs negative criticism,
I'm going to be that critic, because I want this coin to grow.

It could be the next DRK..IMO, and right now that all really depends on BK

I'm still a little skeptical about this whole thing.

I mean the nautiluscoin.com isn't that great compared to darkcoin.io
There's like 10 different tabs at the top.
I don't think the Twitter is even on the site.
The most important part is that BK is a well known investor?
I think he should use that power to do the obvious, spread PR on CNBC.
And have it on the site to spark interest.
Currently, there's nothing that would instantly grab people's attention on it.

Maybe put out some bounties for design and whatever needs work.

Today, we saw it go up to 30+ because of the NSF apparently.
and lol surprise!
 we are back at 20 already.
Yet, I'm still not sure why people would be selling at only a 50% rise
-Most volume is on other coins DRK, BC, XLB, etc..
BC went up 100%
XLB went up 200%
CaiX even went up 100%
in just this week alone
Naut only went up 50%, yes so 50% is nothing

I doubt we have any new investors shorting on NAUT; volume is really low (24hr 55BTC as of now)
Either there's still bagholders, like me who bought/mined pretty high and selling to get into other coins
or
Mining is still profitable, which I doubt because of the "better coins" above and not many coins have been minted since last week
159.39 coins per block
1440 blocks a day, or 229521.6 NAUT a day?
We were at 2.2m NAUT last week if I remember, that just doesn't add up.

Also another problem
People might think its going down because Bitcoin is going up, and I'll ask you this.
Does Litecoin go down when Bitcoin goes up? No, Litecoin usually goes up simultaneously with or without a delay.
Litecoin goes up because Litecoin has investors
Darkcoin has investors
Blackcoin has investors
Nautilus has NO INVESTORS
DRK down 10-20% today, but I assure you the interest is there and so are the investors.
Coins are too easy to manipulate; someone is just using BTC rise as a cover to bargain hunt DRK.

Every company needs investors, that's just the way it works, and its no different with coins.

Nautilus has a market cap of $260,000 or 480BTC which is extremely low..
I could buy a ferrari with NAUT? And kill half the market.
Liberty Coin, which I believe should be NAUT's closest competitor
had a marketcap of about $500,000 a few days ago..it is now $1,300,000
Truth is no one cares about Nautilus because its not going up.
A coin can't get volume from posting blogs or selling t-shirts, NO those aren't bad ideas BUT I think we are forgetting the basics here.
People buy coins because they go up
People sell coins because they go down.
Obviously, the inverse is possible when there are investors.

There needs to be a 3 point relation
1. BK, the central banker to keep things in check. Based on results, isn't really doing a great job right now.
2. The miners
3. The INVESTORS (Which NAUT doesn't have right now)
That way no single party ever has too much power than they should.
Maybe that will bring about the stabilization that this coin needs.

tl;dr
-BK needs to do whatever needs to be done about miner dumps; do a hardfork or something..and check for possible exploits.
-Kill ties with Dirac.
-let INVESTORS do their job of giving this coin GROWTH and INTEREST instead of just screwing them over with NSF dumps or letting miners dump huge loads of coins.
-Better design. NAUT logo doesn't look bad, but it doesn't look like a coin. I think that's very important for any coin.

After all that...maybe NAUT can start be a coin with its own Market trend, instead of just being a zero volume, no interest, PnD coin that people have already forgotten. Then just maybe we might have tons of volume, tons of interest, then BK can go say "deep liquid market" while putting sunglasses on and he'd actually be right this time.
Activity: 238
We are oversold

Sub 10,000 sats is oversold [maybe].  For a coin with no clear guidance and no future [public] security plans even 10K is not really oversold.

I'll show you solid coins with only ~3.4 million coins out, with a solid dev, community and great name selling for only 1200 sats.  Now, that's way oversold!  Check out CASHcoin for an example of a coin primed to shoot up 20 fold just on valuation alone.

But like I said, NAUT can be the next DarkCoin, once this massive inflation and indiscriminate miner dumping stops and Brian Kelly clearly outlines his plans for securing the network and NAUT's business strategy.

I'm confident Brian Kelly does have a plan but right now he's in the accumulation phase so a quiet period is to be expected.  Follow the smart money:  Buy on the dips.  

We should definitely see NAUT dip under 10,000 Satoshi, very briefly, at which point I would put 1 Bitcoin in it.

Good luck!

Honestly i think the coin is severely undervalued, but with all the numerous multipools targeting this coin you're right it's the dumping of the coin that is driving this down, it doesn't help that Dirac is only traded for NAUT which effectively doubles the dump...

Based on the double-dump point, this to me essentially means the coin is at half the minimum it should be right now. it should be almost 40k as a floor, not 19-20k.

So, the coin is severely undervalued, outright, it honestly deserves to be upwards of 100k satoshi as a floor... Of course with total coins so far being 2.4 million, in comparison to the total number of bitcoins so far at 12.8 million... and max coins being 16.8 million (naut) vs 21 million (btc)... I dunno speculate what you want on that, ultimately value is decided by the market and not by the total, but one of the simplest rule anyone will ever teach you is supply and demand. Hopefully we get more demand soon...
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net

I don't get it, what about that chart says something has to happen soon?  It shows volatility which is to be expected given NSF only has 160,000 total coins which cannot keep up with the more than 200,000 new coins minted daily.

This is why I said NSF has a different agenda or primary objective which is to accumulate a lot more NAUT [for insiders].

or he could be holding on to more than 100+ BTC buy power. Im sure he knew that pump from 10k-110k was a selling point. Most of us did.

Precisely, which is why he posted the buys of the stabilization fund and not the sells.

Nothing wrong with that; it's a very shrewd tactic for insiders to accumulate large amounts of coins without the negative stigma of a Premine.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
We are oversold

Sub 10,000 sats is oversold [maybe].  For a coin with no clear guidance and no future [public] security plans even 10K is not really oversold.

I'll show you solid coins with only ~3.4 million coins out, with a solid dev, community and great name selling for only 1200 sats.  Now, that's way oversold!  Check out CASHcoin for an example of a coin primed to shoot up 20 fold just on valuation alone.

But like I said, NAUT can be the next DarkCoin, once this massive inflation and indiscriminate miner dumping stops and Brian Kelly clearly outlines his plans for securing the network and NAUT's business strategy.

I'm confident Brian Kelly does have a plan but right now he's in the accumulation phase so a quiet period is to be expected.  Follow the smart money:  Buy on the dips. 

We should definitely see NAUT dip under 10,000 Satoshi, very briefly, at which point I would put 1 Bitcoin in it.

Good luck!
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
legendary
www.ixcoin.net

I don't get it, what about that chart says something has to happen soon?  It shows volatility which is to be expected given NSF only has 160,000 total coins which cannot keep up with the more than 200,000 new coins minted daily.

This is why I said NSF has a different agenda or primary objective which is to accumulate a lot more NAUT [for insiders].
also thought this was interesting Smiley  Something is def gonna happen soon, one way or the other.

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

I think there certainly is a grey area here and it will probably have to be tested in court.

make no mistake, SEC rules and federal laws do apply to all types of investments.. including crypto coins.

And why do you assume that all of this would be American?Huh SEC rules?? federal laws??? Test in which court??? Chinese? Canadian? Maybe the North pole???

I thought the guy running the fund was an american citizen living in america.. that's for him to worry about.. (please correct me if I am wrong on that)

why should you be worried? because if the coins held in the Stabilization fund get seized, lost or stolen then the Nautilus coin becomes pointless and no different from any other coin.

I would have thought all of that was rather obvious... of course if its run out of Panama or Seychelles or some other place the US authorities cant reach then I stand corrected...

Do you know what a hard fork is?
Activity: 799
Merit: 1000
Twitter: @CrowdWhale
NAUT starting to look much stronger now. Back in, with more BTC on the sidelines to see how things go. =)
legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

I think there certainly is a grey area here and it will probably have to be tested in court.

make no mistake, SEC rules and federal laws do apply to all types of investments.. including crypto coins.

And why do you assume that all of this would be American?Huh SEC rules?? federal laws??? Test in which court??? Chinese? Canadian? Maybe the North pole???

I thought the guy running the fund was an american citizen living in america.. that's for him to worry about.. (please correct me if I am wrong on that)

why should you be worried? because if the coins held in the Stabilization fund get seized, lost or stolen then the Nautilus coin becomes pointless and no different from any other coin.

Where the guy lives I really don't know. But I like his idea of buying back NAUT. He doesn't do any thing wrong in my opinion

That's what we all know...its decentralized.... by the way, thats with everything, there is allways a risk

I think even with a separate "insurence company" there is risk, thats why the rewards can be so big with trading altcoins
Activity: 798

I would have thought all of that was rather obvious... of course if its run out of Panama or Seychelles or some other place the US authorities cant reach then I stand corrected...
legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

but here is my question.  Since no one "owns" the crypto currency as you stated, how can it be insider info?  Everyone is at the same advantage.  If I owned Bitpay and was going to use it as a currency I do not need anyones permission, there fore I could buy up the coin, add it to my business model, and no one could say or do anything.

This is the benefit of open source code.  Not just the dev have those advantages, therefore how could it be insider trading?

believe me if there is a crisis or an impending crisis or some big news, the Dev and Core group will know before the market does.
this is how all crypto coins operate.

now im not saying all forms of insider trading are illegal.. just pointing out that a group of people with access to inside information and actively trading a coin could wander into a very grey area.

one thing that bitcoin has taught us is that the law hasn't quite caught up with all these new fangled ideas but by the same token it doesn't mean we can do whatever we like because its a "grey" area.. as we have also seen with recent court cases.

I'm just curious to see how this will all pan out... and whether or not the Fund will stick to its ideal of stabilizing prices for the common good or just become a day traders slush fund.

and honestly I have no way of knowing which way its going to go... that's why I'm here watching with my bag of popcorn...
but here is my question.  Since no one "owns" the crypto currency as you stated, how can it be insider info?  Everyone is at the same advantage.  If I owned Bitpay and was going to use it as a currency I do not need anyones permission, there fore I could buy up the coin, add it to my business model, and no one could say or do anything.

This is the benefit of open source code.  Not just the dev have those advantages, therefore how could it be insider trading?

Not the sell orders.  They can't post those because:

A) It will anger too many people who bought at those inflated prices.

And

B) It would become too obvious the goal here is to grow that 1% premine to a massive 25% premine [at the cost of everyone here].

The good news?

This is well thought out and with such a huge premine (post trades) one can really get a coin to a much higher level.  $1 should be very cheap I think and $10 is possible.

But meanwhile, the volatility, which allows for the NSF to do its job of accumulating massive amounts of NAUT, will continue which means a lot more booms and busts.

If you're smart you can roll with the herd and do very well.  If you trade on emotions then you'll lose it all and miss the final run which I think will be massive.

+1 well put..a pre-mined stabilization fund is just a slush fund for someone to trade the coin and accumulate without the exposure of having to have bought them in the first place.

it will be interesting to see how this pans out and whether or not this is classed as insider trading.

if a company exec did this with his companies own shares it sure would be insider trading and so all trades would have to be reported to the SEC to be on the public record.
but when the federal reserve does it with the USD... it is not, even though the FED is a private organisation....

I guess we just have to wait and see.

I am failing to see how this would be insider trading.  Its one thing if your trading something that you can control the price of, by fudging your books, but crypto is open source so all the capital info is right on the blockchain.  So to me, i don't understand how it would be insider trading.

You could make the argument that someone may know when a new feature is coming out or some big news, but again since its open source anyone could do that with the coin, wether your the dev or not.

I think the twinkies said it best when they said "BTC (or any crypto) encourages us to be more open in our financial dealings".

Just my 2 cents

This is NOT insider trading.  What he's doing is NOT illegal.

This would qualify as a stock BuyBack.

Very clever, I wish I would have thought it of it first.  Haha!

Just accumulate on every dip cause this guy has some plan, I'm pretty sure about that.

This most certainly is not a stock buy back... the people behind the fund are not the issuers of the coins. the coins are generated or "issued" by the miners so they are not buying back anything that they have issued.

insider trading occurs when people who have inside information before the market act on it to line their own pockets.

this is regardless of who is issuing the stock or commodity... I think there certainly is a grey area here and it will probably have to be tested in court.

in all honesty though given past events.. if the fund is wildly successful it will probably be hacked long before the authorities get involved.

Activity: 238
Was able to team up with a few people and gather donations towards bounties. Approx. 2500 NAUT.

Blog Posts & Articles about Nautiluscoin = 100 NAUT
(Website must have a minimum 100 visitors a day with requirements:
Must have a minimum 400 words. Must add our logo and link to http://www.nautiluscoin.com/ & our reddit page: http://www.reddit.com/r/nautiluscoin/. (Articles before May 24th are not accepted.)

Translations of our Bitcointalk page = 100 NAUT Each
Must be a translation of our Nautiluscoin page on bitcointalk and other forums, posted on the language threads. (Languages posted before May 24th are not accepted.)
-Chinese
-Russian
-Polish
-Spanish
-German
-Greek
-Italian
-Dutch
-French
-Korean
-Japanese
-Thailand
-Vietnamese

If you want to donate, send to: NS1iyvUu5ofz4PaPq1LMgYFiNESJf7LU5A

I wrote an article some time ago and linked on this thread. I'm unsure of visitor count but it's on Examiner.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
Not the sell orders.  They can't post those because:

A) It will anger too many people who bought at those inflated prices.

And

B) It would become too obvious the goal here is to grow that 1% premine to a massive 25% premine [at the cost of everyone here].

The good news?

This is well thought out and with such a huge premine (post trades) one can really get a coin to a much higher level.  $1 should be very cheap I think and $10 is possible.

But meanwhile, the volatility, which allows for the NSF to do its job of accumulating massive amounts of NAUT, will continue which means a lot more booms and busts.

If you're smart you can roll with the herd and do very well.  If you trade on emotions then you'll lose it all and miss the final run which I think will be massive.

+1 well put..a pre-mined stabilization fund is just a slush fund for someone to trade the coin and accumulate without the exposure of having to have bought them in the first place.

it will be interesting to see how this pans out and whether or not this is classed as insider trading.

if a company exec did this with his companies own shares it sure would be insider trading and so all trades would have to be reported to the SEC to be on the public record.
but when the federal reserve does it with the USD... it is not, even though the FED is a private organisation....

I guess we just have to wait and see.

I am failing to see how this would be insider trading.  Its one thing if your trading something that you can control the price of, by fudging your books, but crypto is open source so all the capital info is right on the blockchain.  So to me, i don't understand how it would be insider trading.

You could make the argument that someone may know when a new feature is coming out or some big news, but again since its open source anyone could do that with the coin, wether your the dev or not.

I think the twinkies said it best when they said "BTC (or any crypto) encourages us to be more open in our financial dealings".

Just my 2 cents

This is NOT insider trading.  What he's doing is NOT illegal.

This would qualify as a stock BuyBack.

Very clever, I wish I would have thought it of it first.  Haha!

Just accumulate on every dip cause this guy has some plan, I'm pretty sure about that.
Jump to: