Author

Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield - page 367. (Read 901831 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
NSF Explained

I have noticed a lot of chatter/confusion over the NSF so I though I would expand on the purpose and design.  The inspiration for the NSF is Friedrich Hayek's book The Denationalization of Money.  
Mrs. BK tells me I don't always explain what is going on inside my head, so I hope this helped more than confused Wink

-BK

Well said and summed up.  Now begins the newbie accounts' explanations of why you are an idiot...  Gotta love the internet  Tongue
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
NSF Explained

I have noticed a lot of chatter/confusion over the NSF so I though I would expand on the purpose and design.  The inspiration for the NSF is Friedrich Hayek's book The Denationalization of Money.  

Hayek believed that the state should not have a monopoly on the creation of currency - he viewed currency as a commodity that should compete for acceptance.  He surmised that competition would create the strongest currency and society would benefit. The conclusion Hayek reached was that a weak currency (devalued) would hurt creditors as they would be paid back with currency that is worth less than when it was lent.  For example, if I lend money at an interest rate of 10% but the currency falls by 20% I am really losing 10% of purchasing power.

On the other hand, a strong currency hurts debtors as they must pay back debt with currency that can buy more than when it was borrowed.  So, if I borrow money at 10% and the currency appreciates by 10%, my interest rate is really 20%.  

Hayek concluded that both debtors and creditors would gravitate toward a stable currency because it was mutually beneficially.

The biggest criticism of Bitcoin from the financial community is its volatility - everyone has the same question,  "How can bitcoin ever become a viable currency if it fluctuates 10-20% a day?"  The volatility is a huge flaw for BTC and it is why I created Nautiluscoin.  A merchant must have a reasonable expectation that a currency can be converted to fiat if needed without losing 10% of its value. At the same time, those who want to use the currency must first buy the currency and need to be assured that they can buy enough to make a purchase without having to pay 10% higher to obtain the currency.  In other words, a stable growth pattern is needed.

I share Hayek's view that a currency should reflect its supply and demand - if more people want to use it, the price should rise. Wild daily fluctuations will kill any medium of exchange.

My original concept was to use either a currency peg system or daily band. However, as we have seen countless times these systems are flawed. Once the market realizes the entity responsible for maintaining the peg is under-capitalized people abandon the currency. For a real life example we need not look any further than the breaking of the Bank of England.

The NSF is designed to act as a speed bump - when things get out of hand in either direction the NSF has the ability to step into the market. As with all systems the NSF has a flaw too - it can be overwhelmed.  That is to say if a miner decides to dump, the NSF can only buy so much...alternatively if merchant and investment interest create tremendous demand the price can move rapidly higher.

The speed bump nature of the NSF is a way to gain acceptance, just like Hayek concluded.  The NSF does not prevent the price from appreciating significantly, it just aims to make the pace reasonable so end users of the currency will be attracted.  At the same time, the NSF cannot prevent the price falling to zero as it does not have enough fire power to buy every NAUT in existence.

A Real Life Example

The creation of the Get NAUTi shirts is a real life example of why a stable currency is needed.  Between production and shipping the shirts will cost me around $18-20 - I must convert to fiat because the printer only accepts US Dollars.  I decided to take only NAUT to illustrate how the system works.  I am charging 200 NAUT for the shirts, which at current exchange rates is about $18.  If miners decide to sell and the rate drops to 0.0001 BTC then I am only collecting $9, leaving me on the hook for $11 per shirt. I am willing to take this risk because I am trying to illustrate why a reasonably stable rate is needed.

Mrs. BK tells me I don't always explain what is going on inside my head, so I hope this helped more than confused Wink

-BK

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
BK good work on the tshirts.
Any update on getting on coinmarketcap?
I think we should try to get on asap before a massive pump as being on cmc and then having a pump will create awareness for the coin.

I have been contacted by WorldCoinIndex and they will be adding NAUT. I have not heard back from CMC, but I have my marketing team working on it.

It's like a bazzar of alt-coins. I expect this insanity will stop eventually. 99% of these coins have nothing new, unique or interesting to them.
Activity: 210
BK good work on the tshirts.
Any update on getting on coinmarketcap?
I think we should try to get on asap before a massive pump as being on cmc and then having a pump will create awareness for the coin.

I have been contacted by WorldCoinIndex and they will be adding NAUT. I have not heard back from CMC, but I have my marketing team working on it.
Activity: 322
So I'm confused. The plan here is that every time someone tries to pump this coin, the dev dumps on them with the premine to keep the price "stable"? I read the post about selling at a loss earlier to stabilize but in the long run this plan makes no sense to me. How does that work as a currency if it is to gain the public's trust in any way approaching what BTC has? Will people just be fine knowing that it's not really a free market and there is a permawhale constantly manipulating the price? What if the market has legitimate reason for a raise in value, does the whale decide when it's ok to move the price? Not trying to FUD here I'm just looking for a little insight.

I'm really not sure how you could have read over this sentence. The SF paragraph is like 3 sentences long...

"All proceeds from sales of the pre-mined coins allocated to the NSF will be used to place buy orders for Nautiluscoin."

Yes you did not comprehend my post. I am well aware that the sales will be put back into the market.
Activity: 448
So I'm confused. The plan here is that every time someone tries to pump this coin, the dev dumps on them with the premine to keep the price "stable"? I read the post about selling at a loss earlier to stabilize but in the long run this plan makes no sense to me. How does that work as a currency if it is to gain the public's trust in any way approaching what BTC has? Will people just be fine knowing that it's not really a free market and there is a permawhale constantly manipulating the price? What if the market has legitimate reason for a raise in value, does the whale decide when it's ok to move the price? Not trying to FUD here I'm just looking for a little insight.

I'm really not sure how you could have read over this sentence. The SF paragraph is like 3 sentences long...

"All proceeds from sales of the pre-mined coins allocated to the NSF will be used to place buy orders for Nautiluscoin."
Activity: 266
mine at MOOOPOOL Smiley http://nautilus.mooo.com

Just rented a 500 MHs monster and the pools can't handle it.  Can a pool op set me up with a worker that has vardiff set to 1024 for starters?

I've got to hand it to you've got big cahonies - shelling out .3 btc to mine about 1,243 coins best case at current value = .26 btc

good luck
Activity: 322

Just rented a 500 MHs monster and the pools can't handle it.  Can a pool op set me up with a worker that has vardiff set to 1024 for starters?

Anybody?  0.3 BTC for 3 hours and 1/2 hour already gone.  Keeps getting kicked because the initial difficulty is too low.

http://naut.0feepool.com is set at vardiff 1024.

@BK_PHI
Order in for T-Shirt, check PM :-)

Eventually it gets there but starting vardiff is 32.  Just tried with rig operator to ease into it and it still dumped me off...
Activity: 238

Just rented a 500 MHs monster and the pools can't handle it.  Can a pool op set me up with a worker that has vardiff set to 1024 for starters?

Anybody?  0.3 BTC for 3 hours and 1/2 hour already gone.  Keeps getting kicked because the initial difficulty is too low.

http://naut.0feepool.com is set at vardiff 1024.

@BK_PHI
Order in for T-Shirt, check PM :-)

Just rented a 500 MHs monster and the pools can't handle it.  Can a pool op set me up with a worker that has vardiff set to 1024 for starters?

Anybody?  0.3 BTC for 3 hours and 1/2 hour already gone.  Keeps getting kicked because the initial difficulty is too low.

Activity: 196
The floor around 20k is well maintained. Next boost will come from the inevitable coinmarketcap listing.
Activity: 350
looks realy nice, will start mining this coin Smiley
how nerdy - you need a ladies low cut tank top of a hot busty woman - now we're talking!
Activity: 238
Want to buy something with your newly minted Nautiluscoin?  Try this on for size....

In order to get the word out on NAUT we are putting together an order for these t-shirts.  These can only be bought with NAUT and will allow us to show merchants how easy it is to accept NAUT.

Before I tweet it put to the general public I want to let the community know and offer you first dibs.

Send me a PM with your size and then 200 NAUT to NX3D6UVyr88iW4q9pVQsJtZha1FDC9aozy

Also will need your shipping address.  It will take about a week to have these printed up and then we will ship them out to you.

-BK

EDIT: AND YES these are protected by Trademarks!!

Seeing as the point behind this move is to show merchants the ease of use it would be nice to have a spending platform like a paypal like service or something of the like. Merchants like it if their customers have an easier way to spend money we all know this (it is in the end business, right?), or a straight up NAUT/USD exchange (like coinbase with BTC... if you could get them to sell NAUT that'd be incredible they haven't added any alts yet).

coingen?
It was at first, but the whole coin was overhauled.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom
Activity: 784
Merit: 503
Bitcoin King BTC
yall are silly, this coin is 2 weeks old and your already expecting it to go through the roof? things need time , many people dont even know about nautcoin's existence
the coin continues to get dumped and tank big time value wise...

so much for the so called "stabilization fund" LOL

another Black Coin debacle.

Been watching the buy/sell orders for the past 30minutes.  I believe it is about to spike up again, not sure how high or for how long though.

my point made...
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Looks like 4-5 multipools are at this coin hardcore  Roll Eyes

can you tell which ones ?
Jump to: