Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield - page 80. (Read 901824 times)

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
The future is bright with DigiByte.
Can NAUT reach current bitcoin market cap?
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

We Mustangs aren't so galactically stupid and impatient to believe the nice folks of Greece are ready to use Monero for their retail/tourism industry.

The locals already have "an experiment to both get crypto money flowing into Greece, and to give locals an alternative to using the Euro."

It's called BITCOIN.

No, per your hybris you deem the nice folks of Greece too galactically stupid to make an informed decision for themselves.

Instead, you indoctrinate them that there already is an alternative means of payment: It's called BITCOIN, which they shall obey!

well then, why don't you just SWAT them all right away?

Come on, it is easy - you don't even have to leave your basement, just pick up the telephone!

Oh damn I forgot- it is only easy if you speak Greek. Did you happen to learn any before you dropped out of Okonomofuck High School in Wisconsin?

And can you locate Greece on a map anyway?
legendary
Activity: 1246

By adding a new, untested shitcoin pump to the experiment, you fuck it up with too many variables.

Again, why aren't YOU out there giving and teaching them Bitcoin? Bitcoin pundits are usually all talk and no action. How many years have they been babbling about side chains now while the alt world is out there actually making things happen? Then they complain about these alts, "well you can just do this all on Bitcoin!" well, get off your asses and do it too instead of whining that other people are actually coding and not yacking.

Also it's silly to say this is fucking anything up, Bitcoin has a marketcap of a small company, it doesn't even qualify for the S&P 500. There is plenty of room for competing currencies.

Personally speaking here in Oklahoma, I know of ONE place in my city I can spend Bitcoin out of a population of 400,000. This tiny Greek island is already ahead of us. Maybe the BTC Foundation could learn a thing or two about going to the people instead of expecting the people to come to them.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
Nautilus......it's more of an experiment to both get crypto money flowing into Greece, and to give locals an alternative to using the Euro. Not to mention that we (Nxt, Nautilus, BK, Coinstructors) are learning a lot about how to get crypto actually used by ordinary mainstream folks,  which is what crypto needs in order to succeed.

When was the last time Monero reached out to more than 1500 ordinary people in a real world setting, and educated them about crypto ?

We Mustangs aren't so galactically stupid and impatient to believe the nice folks of Greece are ready to use Monero for their retail/tourism industry.

The locals already have "an experiment to both get crypto money flowing into Greece, and to give locals an alternative to using the Euro."

It's called BITCOIN.

By adding a new, untested shitcoin pump to the experiment, you fuck it up with too many variables.

"Coinstructors"

Low-budget Auroracoin sequel confirmed.   Cheesy
Activity: 156
Merit: 10
Actually I expected some coverage about the launch. Anything on the media yet?

Me too.  I guess it's good BK didn't hype the launch, give all the citizens and businesses of Agistri a chance to buy NAUT cheaply but now I think NAUT is overdue for a big PR blitz.

It also gives them time to review the system and any analytics that they can share in the future on how it went right...or wrong. Good research.

Yup...said it before and I'll say it again: no hype until after everything works. It can be frustrating, but Nautilus is a longterm project, and that's how real projects work.
Within crypto, we're used to seeing the most ridiculous shit hyped up, sold to idiots and then collapse, all inside a month. The real world doesn't work like that, you have to put time and work into creating functional systems and infrastructure, not just 2 websites and a wallet.

Anyhow, moving on to Agistri: the feedback I've heard and seen from various people involved with the launch on Saturday has been pretty positive, though the local telecoms and internet had a hard time keeping up..... Grin.
As some of you may know,  Lee broke his ankle a few weeks ago, and underwent surgery on the break yesterday.
He'll probably be bouncing back today, so expect more official information when he's back on his feet foot  Grin

@iCE: no-one is asking Greeks to invest their hard-earned in Nautilus......it's more of an experiment to both get crypto money flowing into Greece, and to give locals an alternative to using the Euro. Not to mention that we (Nxt, Nautilus, BK, Coinstructors) are learning a lot about how to get crypto actually used by ordinary mainstream folks,  which is what crypto needs in order to succeed.

When was the last time Monero reached out to more than 1500 ordinary people in a real world setting, and educated them about crypto ?

Thanks for the update stadgenoot EvilDave ! And a well response to mr Icebreaker whom I see popping around on multiple threads bashing promising idea's and hard work.

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

Me too.  I guess it's good BK didn't hype the launch, give all the citizens and businesses of Agistri a chance to buy NAUT cheaply but now I think NAUT is overdue for a big PR blitz.

It also gives them time to review the system and any analytics that they can share in the future on how it went right...or wrong. Good research.

Yup...said it before and I'll say it again: no hype until after everything works. It can be frustrating, but Nautilus is a longterm project, and that's how real projects work.
Within crypto, we're used to seeing the most ridiculous shit hyped up, sold to idiots and then collapse, all inside a month. The real world doesn't work like that, you have to put time and work into creating functional systems and infrastructure, not just 2 websites and a wallet.

Anyhow, moving on to Agistri: the feedback I've heard and seen from various people involved with the launch on Saturday has been pretty positive, though the local telecoms and internet had a hard time keeping up..... Grin.
As some of you may know,  Lee broke his ankle a few weeks ago, and underwent surgery on the break yesterday.
He'll probably be bouncing back today, so expect more official information when he's back on his feet foot  Grin

@iCE: no-one is asking Greeks to invest their hard-earned in Nautilus......it's more of an experiment to both get crypto money flowing into Greece, and to give locals an alternative to using the Euro. Not to mention that we (Nxt, Nautilus, BK, Coinstructors) are learning a lot about how to get crypto actually used by ordinary mainstream folks,  which is what crypto needs in order to succeed.

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
I guess it's good BK didn't hype the launch, give all the citizens and businesses of Agistri a chance to buy NAUT cheaply but now I think NAUT is overdue for a big PR blitz.

Yes, let's make sure NAUT has a PR blitz just like Auroracoin did.  We saw how well that wave of hype worked out for Iceland!

You expect poor Greeks living on some obscure island to risk their meager savings gambling on a shitty new scam-coin.

That, right there, is your problem.

They need to be putting any spare drachmas into gold, silver, and lead.  Perhaps maybe Bitcoin and Monero, if they are well off.

But Nautilus?  No way.  The Nautilus team doesn't even speak Greek.   Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net

Me too.  I guess it's good BK didn't hype the launch, give all the citizens and businesses of Agistri a chance to buy NAUT cheaply but now I think NAUT is overdue for a big PR blitz.

I totally agree.  Most don't seem to understand the value being added here by BK and Coinstructors to not only Bitcoin's but the entire Crypto Eco-system.  Bitcoin et al can follow this model going forward as other municipalities and nations will look at adding parallel digital currencies and I have no doubt we will soon have full-blown digital only currencies in some countries.

Really valuable market data here.  Bitcoin's Billionaire VCs should be paying the bills here.  lol
Activity: 10
Merit: 0

legendary
www.ixcoin.net

legendary
www.ixcoin.net

Can someone explain to me how NAUT is showing nearly $1 million in assets and it's 7th ranked in the world for asset value.  What assets exactly and how does it work?  Thx.

http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/
Activity: 258
Merit: 250

legendary
So considering the total supply we are 26th in market cap:

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/market-cap-by-total-supply/

Regards,
Halin
Activity: 1009
Merit: 261
I cant sync the wallet. It says "No blocksource available..." with nautiluscoin-1.2.0-win32-setup
Please help!

You need to be running the v2 client

https://github.com/nautiluscoin/nautiluscoin2

Unfortunately the link to the installer on the nautiluscoin site no longer works, as this now references only the Drachmae project. Anyone have a link to the installer for the old wallet ?

Once you have this running, try adding the following nodes

Thank! but what can i do with Window?

That information is relevant to the windows client.
Activity: 299
Merit: 250
I cant sync the wallet. It says "No blocksource available..." with nautiluscoin-1.2.0-win32-setup
Please help!

You need to be running the v2 client

https://github.com/nautiluscoin/nautiluscoin2

Unfortunately the link to the installer on the nautiluscoin site no longer works, as this now references only the Drachmae project. Anyone have a link to the installer for the old wallet ?

Once you have this running, try adding the following nodes

Thank! but what can i do with Window?
legendary
Activity: 1050
Love it when a plans starts to come together
legendary
What is this to do with NAUT? Lets get back to the business! Be a bit serious Lee.
legendary
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Hey Lee,

Glad to see NxtNaut money system operating smoothly. How hard was it for the people on island to use NxtNaut to purchase items? Did they have app on their smartphone or some other devices to complete the transactions? 
legendary
Some payments from the BBQ

Pages:
Jump to: