Author

Topic: [ANN] NeuCoin - Easy to use, free to try, focused on micropayments - Official - page 107. (Read 196191 times)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Edit- this post now reflected on nokoin forum by Idifin, http://forum.neucoin.org/t/pre-launch-updates/1268/36

idifin from that post on Neucoin's forum.

I'm not much for forums, so you're not going to see me here much or on the Neucoin forum for that matter. Mainly posting here so that the Neucoin people don't say that I'm just rizzlarolla posting under a different name on their board.

I've been involved in Bitcoin since early 2010...back when you could still mine with video cards. In the interest of full transparency I put about 10 BTC into the Neucoin presale. It might be gone now, but I was aware of the risk going in.

Honestly I don't think Neucoin is a scam. They went to a lot of trouble to be appear very professional, and in the whole grand scheme of things didn't take in that much money to justify everything it appears they did. The "scam", if there is one, could come as a pump and dump. But a lot of things are pumped, especially in crypto, and I'm not against riding a pump and dump for some quick profits. I've done that with a few other coins and generally have sold profitably, but much earlier than I should have.

e.g., Gawminers was obviously a scam from the beginning, and by the time Paycoin came along I really couldn't understand why people were still engaged. I bought some equipment early on from Gawminers. I received it, but was very skeptical about how they ran their business and pretty quickly stopped buying from them. I actually got a several thousand dollar miner for free from them at one point.

Neucoin doesn't have the single, charismatic leader that is so often there with large scams. I feel like Neucoin suffers a bit more from incompetence than anything else.

What bothers me about Neucoin is the veneer of professionalism coupled with lack of follow-through. I would have been fine if after the pre-sale if they had said, "hey, you won't hear from us for 4 months because we're going to work hard on making this happen". Instead, there were several promises about updates that haven't been met, and when updates were provided they really didn't give much new useful information.

My point of the post on the Neucoin forums is that perception is often reality. Detractors, whether right or wrong, will always seize upon evidence of incompetence, of which there appears to be plenty.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1001
This scam has really gone to shit lately.

NeubCoin was supposed to be Paycoin 2.0.

They should hire the Dash team, who know how to commit fraud in a more competent manner.

Sandrine, June,
"From now on, brief bi-weekly updates will also be posted until the launch of the cryptocurrency"

No bi-weekly update in over 4 weeks.

Sandrine, 6 days ago,
"Hi @torrgeek and @mr2140 ! Still here! An update should be coming at the end of the week / beginning of next week."

Times up?
nokoin, no promised updates in over 4 weeks, no promised info pre launch. No surprise there then?

Launch 6-13 Aug, 2 days left?
Yeah... right.
Will the next update (if it ever comes) be the rescheduling of launch?

Edit- this post now reflected on nokoin forum by Idifin, http://forum.neucoin.org/t/pre-launch-updates/1268/36
Activity: 38
I'll wait till the coin actually comes out before I invest any time...but if they give me free coins I would probably sell them since I think the price would decrease given the inflation built into the coin.

The price per coin would certainly decrease but since the inflation is in the form of staking rewards, the total value of your holdings would still remain pretty much the same provided, ofcourse, that you continue to stake. Plus, over a long period of time when the coin has achieved fairly large distribution, if, say, 50% of the coins are staking and staking rewards are 6% then the total inflation in the currency would be 3% while you would have gained 6% which is an overall increase in the value of your holdings.

I would certainly recommend that you hold Smiley

bring it on!

haha..bring what on?! You seem to have taken this personally as a "jonald_fyookball vs neucoin" fight or something?

did you notice the little emoji at the end of my message.  I assure you this is all lighthearted from my end.

"Bring it on" as far as, release the coin, lets see who is right...Will neucoin live up to the hype as some claim,
or is it a dud like I think it is.  I have nothing to gain as I've not invested in it... It will just be interesting,
no matter what happens.

ah..in that case..yes, bring it on! I don't think neucoin is going to be a "dud" at all..

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
Did you get an email saying you will receive coins? If not you should pm Mark on the forum to ask about the coins. 2500 was for survey #2. The whitepaper response award varied. At the presale price 1 coin was one cent. So it'd be worth $25 if the price stays at that. The survey coins won't be given out until a month after the launch.

I'll wait till the coin actually comes out before I invest any time...but if they give me free coins I would probably sell them since I think the price would decrease given the inflation built into the coin.
Activity: 58
Did you get an email saying you will receive coins? If not you should pm Mark on the forum to ask about the coins. 2500 was for survey #2. The whitepaper response award varied. At the presale price 1 coin was one cent. So it'd be worth $25 if the price stays at that. The survey coins won't be given out until a month after the launch.
legendary
So I'm curious Jonald, will you dump your survey coins? Or hold them just in case? Yes you three like to take shots at this coin all the time but I frequently get responses of interest in the coin when I bring it up in various troll boxes. So there is substantial interest and knowledge about the coin.

I never filled out a survey.  I did make comments on the white paper so maybe I will get coins from that.  how many coins do I get? 2500?  how much is that worth? 
Activity: 58
So I'm curious Jonald, will you dump your survey coins? Or hold them just in case? Yes you three like to take shots at this coin all the time but I frequently get responses of interest in the coin when I bring it up in various troll boxes. So there is substantial interest and knowledge about the coin.
legendary
@ rizzlarolla
Every post you make proves my point. So much copy pasting..so much psycho analysis..and giving away so much time browsing the neucoin forum. You seem to be checking the neucoin forum every waking moment. The moment there is something on the forum..it appears here. Plus, all of your posts are repetitive. You seem to enjoy going on and on and on like a broken record. It looks like an endless crying fit. All of this for what?

bring it on!

haha..bring what on?! You seem to have taken this personally as a "jonald_fyookball vs neucoin" fight or something?

did you notice the little emoji at the end of my message.  I assure you this is all lighthearted from my end.

"Bring it on" as far as, release the coin, lets see who is right...Will neucoin live up to the hype as some claim,
or is it a dud like I think it is.  I have nothing to gain as I've not invested in it... It will just be interesting,
no matter what happens.
@ rizzlarolla
Every post you make proves my point. So much copy pasting..so much psycho analysis..and giving away so much time browsing the neucoin forum. You seem to be checking the neucoin forum every waking moment. The moment there is something on the forum..it appears here. Plus, all of your posts are repetitive. You seem to enjoy going on and on and on like a broken record. It looks like an endless crying fit. All of this for what?

bring it on!

legendary

"Can a dev or someone take the time to reply here: https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/32ztxs/has_anyone_read_neucoins_whitepaper_they_claim_so/ Vitalik Buterin is a respected guy in the crypto community and maybe his views have to be considered/countered.."

Interesting, Vitalik unable to be convinced there was any innovative solution against proof of stake.
Just like I said.

But now that the paper has been peer reviewed by someone credible,
do you expect Dan K. and the nokoiners to modify their claims on
the website?

I don't.

Anyway, I like talking about neucoin.  its funny.   Why should I feel
bad for enjoying posting on this forum?  I understand some of you
invested and I'm not trying to tear anything down... bring it on!
Isn't supposed to launch very soon?  Maybe it'll be great!
Wherez the newcoinz?? Smiley

Torrgeek say's
"Hence all the noise. Just think - why would these guys be spending so much time (this thread is approaching 900 posts already!) trying to shame a coin "

I have made 10% of the "noise", sorry for keeping this thread alive.
nokoin is very confusing, misleading, takes a lot of explaining, a lot of digging.
I'm don't have to "try" to shame nokoin, nokoin presents itself to me this way.
Follow up your questions on nokoin forum before slaggin the "noise" here please. ^

Torrgeek  says,
"Bitcointalk is brimming with people who have made poor investments and who stand to lose a lot when there's competition. Hence all the noise. Just think - why would these guys be spending so much time (this thread is approaching 900 posts already!) trying to shame a coin if it they didn't get some financial benefit out of it? Are these guys really such noble souls that they are looking out for the others by giving away so much of their time and effort? Won't they rather be sipping beer beachside?"

I am getting no financial benefit here, unless you think I am worried that super nokoin will destroy the value of my bitcoin?
Infact I stand to destroy any value of my free survey nokoin, I guess I am just a noble soul, eh?
Torrgeek will obviously profit from talking up nokoin.

Clearly Torrgeek knows better most BCTers, or he has inside info, lets take a look how he works,

Feb.
"Awesome. Looking forward to the pre-sale."

"I do have a few general questions..You mentioned it is only the pre-sale coins that would be traded in the exchanges to start off."
(Sandrine,"...More details will be disclosed when we get closer to the coin launch, so you’ll have a better sense of how these coins are released")

Apr.
".but none of them had such a huge coin supply (as nokoin-ed). That makes a huge difference."

"Larger the supply, more the downward pressure on the price. Increasing rarity results in increasing prices. Pretty basic economics"

(next few posts try to explain to Dart that rarity generally equals more value, without success)

"I wish they were more transparent about this freemium distribution. I did ask @Sandrine in another post about whether there is a possibility of these pre-mined coins being sold in the market to raise some funds in the future and she said they very well might be. However there are no details..."

"I too get the feeling that it might be a little over-priced for a presale. However, to be fair, since neucoin offers high staking rewards for the first few years unlike ripple or stellar, your neucoins will be multiplying themselves several times over with time. Therefore, in essence you are actually paying a lot less per coin during the pre-sale"

"Hey @Sandrine. I did the survey but never got a confirmation email regarding the 2500 coins..."

"Can a dev or someone take the time to reply here: https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/32ztxs/has_anyone_read_neucoins_whitepaper_they_claim_so/ Vitalik Buterin is a respected guy in the crypto community and maybe his views have to be considered/countered.."

"Can you also respond to kushti's allegations/concerns here ? https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11167351 kushti is a reasonable guy in the nxt community and certainly not a troll."

"I would also like to see at least a few of the big names amongst the angels to actually spell out their involvement with neucoin"

"For the sake of simplicity and transparency, can you answer these? I'm guessing you may already have them worked out.
At the end of year 1, assuming an investor(angel-ed) who had 1000 neu to start with sells away all of the coins that have become unrestricted at the end of year 1, how many would he be left with and how many would he have sold?
What are the corresponding numbers at the end of year two?
I hate bugging you with this as I know you have your plate full with all the trolls but I'm just trying to wrap my head around these numbers..."

"Has there been any decision made on this distribution to other crypto holders @Sandrine? Do let us know."

"It sure has been a real bummer so far. Its been "a question of minutes" for about an hour now."

"I understand there can be glitches etc. but I just don't get why the website hasn't been updated as yet. That should been the first thing they should have done!"

May
"Guys..just ignore gekko. Pls do not feed the troll."

"There is a certain way to raise issues. I have raised a ton of issues myself on this forum and have never felt the need to be disrespectful or insulting.  I'm thankful that gekko was banned. We don't want this forum degenerating into what bitcointalk is today "

"I filled mine today and still didn't get a confirmation. Can you look into it @Mark ?"

"Thats rough @Sky. Hope this is resolved at the earliest."

June
" I would love to see neucoin go up to $0.10 levels. Even if neu stayed at $0.01 at the end of 10 years, that would mean a marketcap of around $1billion and our returns would be 5000% which itself is great!"

"Counldn't agree more!" (lack of info-ed)

July
"Echoing mr2140 @Sandrine." (call for more info-ed)

"They had also mentioned gift card auctions. If those cards are available at good prices then I would certainly consider spending my neucoins to buy them."

Questions are unanswered.
Calls for more info undelivered.
Frustrations, failings.
Gift card auctions
Dreams

It's a scam Buddy. look at your own history.
http://forum.neucoin.org/users/torrgeek/activity
legendary

Scam confirmed had changed my point of view :-( :-( :-(
I Have a bad sensation...
But then i think.
If neucoin it is scam... Why they are here to write?

Lol..it's not a scam buddy although a lot of people here do hope for it to be one.

Bitcointalk has threads calling every coin out there a scam. Just days ago there were threads calling ethereum vaporware (someone called it disappereum and that was funny!) and it is actually on the cusp of being launched and traded now and the bitcoiners are shitting their pants already.

Bitcointalk is brimming with people who have made poor investments and who stand to lose a lot when there's competition. Hence all the noise. Just think - why would these guys be spending so much time (this thread is approaching 900 posts already!) trying to shame a coin if it they didn't get some financial benefit out of it? Are these guys really such noble souls that they are looking out for the others by giving away so much of their time and effort? Won't they rather be sipping beer beachside?

BCT is just being BCT, that's all. I suggest you don't take these guys too seriously Smiley

will be interesting to see what happens with ethereum price.  perhaps because of its actual innovations it won't die a quick death like nearly every other alt coon.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
This scam has really gone to shit lately.

NeubCoin was supposed to be Paycoin 2.0.

They should hire the Dash team, who know how to commit fraud in a more competent manner.
it seem they have all to do a good things...
the coin...
an online wallet, myneucoin..
and an online store...
getneucoin..
but until now it is all only on paper...
i'm waiting to see what will happen

True..as with any coin or any product we'll have to wait for the launch to find out how much and how well they deliver. I'm excited to find out what's in store.

No, projects of that size and estimated complexity don't let you wait for the final launch to find out what can be expected but instead favor beta phases, public betas, test-nets, peer reviews, etc.

They couldn't get the survey reward email working properly,
They cant work the setting on the nokoin forum software,
The bouncing rabbit is "proof" of progress,

There is no need for "testing" is there?
What could possibly go wrong?
Blind faith.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
^
True! NoKoin is more promise than reality.

promise:

there will be many tech announcements closer to launch

reality:

Also, you might be interested in reading a [40 btc] presale buyer's response on why nokoin has been quieter since the end of the presale, posted on their own forum.
Quote from: primevalsoup
I almost bit my tongue but it's clear that many on this forum have drunk way too much of the Neucoin Koolaid and I'm getting a bit tired of people making the "Neucoin is being strategically tight lipped" argument as an excuse for what I believe may either be laziness or a genuine lack of progress. ... I challenge you to point me to one MEANINGFUL post pre-sale update.
Quote from: primevalsoup
You are joking right? Have you even looked at these sites? You are trying to tell me that creating a silly animation of a squirrel jumping around and posting it on a web site demonstrates real progress/effort?
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
BTC > etc
No, projects of that size and estimated complexity don't let you wait for the final launch to find out what can be expected but instead favor beta phases, public betas, test-nets, peer reviews, etc.
This is another relevant point of view.
But my question continue to be the same: why, if it is scam, they continue to write and answer to forum? Maybe they are preparing to launch other things to rise other money? And if it is so, who give neucoin other money wirhout see any app, myneucoin and getneucoin, released?

The presale was only 0.1% of existing nokoins
99.9% of the 100 billion coins are still in the hands of founders, early investors and foundations controlled by the team.
Clearly it needs to be launched so that those coins can be sold
They are trying to create a sense of legitimacy so that more people will buy it.
It is not a scam if they launched the coin and tried to promote it but it later on fails due to a few epic dumps, right  Roll Eyes

Creating a new coin and a wallet for it is not exactly rocket science, especially when it is just a fork of an existing coin (peercoin)
with only a few days left, the fact that there is still nothing up and running indicates that a very watered down coin will be launched, which is allowed under the presale terms.

When Neucoins were purchased presale, the terms and conditions stated that you will receive a refund if Neucoin is never launched. ok.
But, they also stated that the released Neucoin token could take any form, possibly being substantially different to white paper aspirations.
I fear early purchasers face exactly that, a technically watered down Neucoin, lacking the implied innovation.
considering any one can buy and launch a crypto for very little dollar, Neucoin token will be launched, IMO.
No return of 4000 btc required.

Then what? foundations, founders and angels mine £70,000, at presale price, approx, per day.
Thats £2m worth of Neucoin per month that will need to be sold, I presume.

Hard to see how a private investor could liquify a holding, except below quoted market values, IMO.

yes they will probably spew out some blackcoin clone crap code that's barely tested and functioning.
god only knows why they are still running ads for their coin?  perhaps to get a better Dump for their cronies with another round of bag holders.  
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042
https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964
the coin...
and an online store...
getneucoin..

True..as with any coin or any product we'll have to wait for the launch to find out how much and how well they deliver. I'm excited to find out what's in store.

This is another relevant point of view.
But my question continue to be the same: why, if it is scam, they continue to write and answer to forum? Maybe they are preparing to launch other things to rise other money? And if it is so, who give neucoin other money wirhout see any app, myneucoin and getneucoin, released?
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002
the coin...
and an online store...
getneucoin..

Jump to: