Author

Topic: [ANN] NeuCoin - Easy to use, free to try, focused on micropayments - Official - page 124. (Read 196191 times)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

I havnt had time to re-assess TX expense yet, as all my calcs (since April 22) have been based on misinformation.

Just wondering, rizzlarolla... if you don't like Neucoin so much, why are you putting so much work into analyzing it (ie. re-assessing TX expenses)? Does this mean you see some glimmer of hope for it?... or maybe you just like analyzing things, as a hobby.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1001
The posts were deleted. Thought so
 The current plan is for the tx fee coins to be destroyed. Though I'm not sure that is concrete. Then why increase them, AT ALL?? And don't tell me that it's to prevent TX spamming.
And You think a hundredth of a cent is to high? 100 tx will cost 1 cent. Again, why did you sell something that isn't supposed to increase in price (value should come first tho) to "investors"? Ah, angels got bargain price. And you know, 1 cent is not exactly peanuts in, say Kenya or Ghana, and a hundred 1 cent transfers would still get a 1% fee. You may think that this example is going over the top, but you get the drift.

I did not insult anyone I'm simply naturally blunt and at times people find that insulting. I'm cool with that.

A month or so ago I asked a facebook page that was based around some old guys theorys how much longer he's expecting to live.
Which on that note, if you're looking for something that's very logical may I suggest reading into the Venus Project.

...wat?

DidiMidi, for (some) clarity, the terribly offensive posts were deleted but 2 were retrieved and posted here by me previously. 1 by gekko & 1 by gurkin. Take a look, are they so bad? (thats the only post by gurkin that was deleted and got him banned)

Dartious, tx fees will now be destroyed, concrete. Its in the new official FAQ which outrank your unofficial FAQ. Please now re-edit the Kourosh post to correct him from stating "unlike Peercoin, tx fees will be kept added to the block reward." (posted April 22) He probably needs to say something like "just like Peercoin, TX fees....."

I havnt had time to re-assess TX expense yet, as all my calcs (since April 22) have been based on misinformation.

Im cool with that

Wat?
M3ndi3, ok, good luck. I'm sure you'll be just fine in "life"  Roll Eyes
(unless its all in nocoin lol!)

P.S. you started it!  Tongue
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
M3ndi3. Sorry, Can I just go on a bit?

It's not just because of Dan Kaufmans reputation and history, or Jackson Palmers involvement, or Alex Norstrum leaving, or other team members.It's not just the $2.25m cash claim, the premine, the lack of details on foundations and who is employed and paid, it's not the just the lack of details on the voting system or when users votes might outweigh the foundations.

It's not just the presale, the Seychelles, the T+C of btc refund, the pressure sell. It's not just there is no nou yet, no code, no wallet, no mynoucoin.com, no getnoucoin.com. Its not just that Jackson Palmer is still listed on noucoinorg/blog.It's not just the advertizing on Graza sites, the marketing speak, the zombie forum users. It's not just the bannings, the deleted posts or the deceit.
It's not just the "off the shelf" forum software problems, the survey response email problems, the referral scheme problems, the distribution to other crypto holder problems. It's not just the lack of foresight at presale, the lack of customer care. It's not just the weeks it took to correct TX fees post, the FAQ being abandoned, finally reborn a clone. the mods/team still unclear or the minor mod.

It's not even just because the Tippy vote was so badly run that some people (innocently) thought that was a scam!

It's not because of any single thing, but so many things?
Please tell me what you like about noucoin so I may understand a little better, If you would like too.

Can it just be as simple as it's a decision I made and I want to see how it goes? People have a right to be interested in things, and to see them through - To learn from their own mistakes and learn life lessons. There will always be multiple roads to take, some with rewards, some with pitfalls. The warning signs are there, as you all have listed, yet something is just drawing me towards it. I'm simply following my intuition.
M3ndi3. Sorry, Can I just go on a bit?

It's not just because of Dan Kaufmans reputation and history, or Jackson Palmers involvement, or Alex Norstrum leaving, or other team members.It's not just the $2.25m cash claim, the premine, the lack of details on foundations and who is employed and paid, it's not the just the lack of details on the voting system or when users votes might outweigh the foundations.

It's not just the presale, the Seychelles, the T+C of btc refund, the pressure sell. It's not just there is no nou yet, no code, no wallet, no mynocoin.com, no getnocoin.com. Its not just that Jackson Palmer is still listed on nocoinorg/blog. It's not just the advertizing on Graza sites, the marketing speak, the zombie forum users. It's not just the bannings, the deleted posts or the deceit.

It's not just the "off the shelf" forum software problems, the survey response email problems, the referral scheme problems, the distribution to other crypto holder problems. It's not just the lack of foresight at presale, the lack of customer care. It's not just the weeks it took to correct TX fees post, the FAQ being abandoned, finally reborn a clone, the mods/team still unclear or the minor mod.

It's not even just because the Tippy vote was so badly run that some people (innocently) thought that was a scam!

It's not because of any single thing, but so many things?
Please tell me what you like about noucoin so I may understand a little better, If you would like too.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Sounds pretty unfair

It is.

but that's not going to stop me from supporting the coin.

Well, now you have to support the coin. Somebody will have to by the coins from you...

In my restaurants, friends and family, and people I like get a discount. Does that make that "fair" when other customers have to pay full price? Will people stop going to my restaurants if they find out about this? I'm not sure, maybe, maybe not, but that's just the way it goes.

Again: A currency is not a company. The unique feature about a fairly launched cryptocurrency is equality of opportunity and decentralization which means non-dependency for its users from central authorities. Neucoin users are dependent from foundations that are operated by a few insiders who are investors themselves and logically primarily interested in their own prosperity. As Gekko already said, the company aka foundation has to pay for Sandrine's lifestyle and expensive rent in Paris. The presale (especially the presale premium) essentially make the founders, their friends and employees richer at the expense of YOU! Yes, in the crypthosphere this is considered as unfair.

Another interesting part is: The founders didn't even pay money. They paid in "work done". "$2.25 million of initial funding" is nothing other than a shady half-truth...

Of course I believe.

What if I told you: Dan's friends have no oblligation to "putting their time and effort to create the product and services surrounding the coin"? Because the premium they received for investing in the coin wasn't even linked to that. It was just an inside agreement between friends. If they actually put "their time and effort to create the product and services surrounding the coin" they will receive additional coins for exactly that. So tell me: How is the initial insider premium for Dan's friends anything other than unfair?

Sounds pretty unfair, but that's not going to stop me from supporting the coin. It just makes me wish I was his friend hahah
In my restaurants, friends and family, and people I like get a discount. Does that make that "fair" when other customers have to pay full price? Will people stop going to my restaurants if they find out about this? I'm not sure, maybe, maybe not, but that's just the way it goes.

Of course I believe.

What if I told you: Dan's friends have no oblligation to "putting their time and effort to create the product and services surrounding the coin"? Because the premium they received for investing in the coin wasn't even linked to that. It was just an inside agreement between friends. If they actually put "their time and effort to create the product and services surrounding the coin" they will receive additional coins for exactly that. So tell me: How is the initial insider premium for Dan's friends anything other than unfair?

I agree a currency is not a company, but can it be thought of as a product?

Two companies can have similar products, but what distinguishes them from the other is their marketing strategy or branding, and customer service. I wouldn't dismiss the work that NeuCoin is doing because they are using a product already made- they still have to market and get users, and upkeep that product.

Do you really believe that the investors (of the currency, not the company!) will put their "time and effort to create the product and services surrounding the coin" accordingly to the share of premium they received? Do you really believe that this will be made public "in a fully transparent way"?

The strategy is: "Distributed to all who grow utility and value". Do you really consider it to be fair that Dan's friends received their premium even before "putting time and effort to create the product and services surrounding the coin"? How can late adopters (presale buyers like you and later buyers) get sure that the foundations (controlled by individuals like Dan and his friends) won't distribute the rest of the coins in the same transparent way (i.e. in their own pockets before dumping)?  NoKoin is centralized autocratic foundation headed by a small group of insiders and fully based on trust.

Of course I believe. I want to see how this goes so I have faith and am just waiting. We all don't know any of the answers you asked yet, so we just have to wait and see.

Two companies can have similar products, but what distinguishes them from the other is their marketing strategy or branding, and customer service. I wouldn't dismiss the work that NeuCoin is doing because they are using a product already made- they still have to market and get users, and upkeep that product.

Do you really believe that the investors (of the currency, not the company!) will put their "time and effort to create the product and services surrounding the coin" accordingly to the share of premium they received? Do you really believe that this will be made public "in a fully transparent way"?

The strategy is: "Distributed to all who grow utility and value". Do you really consider it to be fair that Dan's friends received their premium even before "putting time and effort to create the product and services surrounding the coin"? How can late adopters (presale buyers like you and later buyers) get sure that the foundations (controlled by individuals like Dan and his friends) won't distribute the rest of the coins in the same transparent way (i.e. in their own pockets before dumping)?  NoKoin is centralized autocratic foundation headed by a small group of insiders and fully based on trust.
Nothing ever gets done.
The nou official FAQ were so outdated Dartious created an unofficial FAQ. James did a similar thing before him. Then...

NomadBR (banned) Asked 25days ago
@Sandrine Now that the pre-sale is well over, the FAQ would greatly benefit from a thorough update. There's a lot of new important information scattered all over this forum that could be consolidated into the FAQ.

Sandrine Replied 25 days go
@NomadBR ! Yes indeed, I totally agree, and it is on my to-do list for next week. As well, we're thinking of upgrading it to a more sophisticated page than just a Google doc in view only mode. In the meantime, I would indeed redirect you to @Darteous ' Unofficial FAQ.

Over 3 weeks later (10 weeks after Dartious suggested it first) we have the new official FAQ, a rehash of the white paper/strategic plan, as before.

Did Sandrine manage to create anything more sophisticated than a Google doc as she hoped?     
No, of course not!

This expert marketing/tech nou team has to be hounded to do anything, then only half hearted results are achieved. Such BS.
Activity: 23
The big early investors only get a small percent every month. From the wiki

"In contrast to virtually all previous cryptocurrencies with pre-mines, all NeuCoins held by the founding team, seed and angel investors are subject to strict re-sale provisions for five years, so that holders may only sell 2% of their holdings per month in the first year, 3% per month in year two, 4% per month in the year three, 5% per month in year four and 6% per month in year 5."
Except that, with 100% daily compounded interest per annum (I know it's not exactly daily, but for simplification lets assume it is), the investors will have gained 171% by the end of the first year. Therefore, after the first year, they'd being able to sell 63% of the total neucoins they own just from the interest alone.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
So everyone that invested got fucked as soon as they sent BTC.

Get rekt.

- Mayer Amschel
Activity: 58
As the poster said I am living in China, but am not Chinese. I am an American by birth. My cultural understanding is a bit more spread as I've spent a few years traveling to different countries around Asia. Though I do have a different value system than most. I by no mean favor the Chinese way over the American, but it does do a few things better. I seek to live logically and don't much care to follow any ways that delineate from that. People tend to find me a bit strange.

Why would it be so odd if I were Chinese? China has a massive population with so many small subcultures. They're pushing English pretty hard in schools. Most of them will have an accent but it's not uncommon for the best of them to end up with very good writing skills.

People using M-pesa are not the poor. Different countries have different costs. Considering how cheaper things are in most of
Africa, if you're using M-Pesa I would bet you're middle class. Kenya has 45 million people so about 1/3 use M-pesa and that is their form of banking.

This coins first uses are going to be tipping, gaming, ad removal things that the fast majority of people in Kenya will have no need for. But it is open to being used everywhere and it is a possibility ends up having a market in Africa. In five years when Africa booms technologically I'm sure neucoin will be on the ball getting in.

The big early investors only get a small percent every month. From the wiki

"In contrast to virtually all previous cryptocurrencies with pre-mines, all NeuCoins held by the founding team, seed and angel investors are subject to strict re-sale provisions for five years, so that holders may only sell 2% of their holdings per month in the first year, 3% per month in year two, 4% per month in the year three, 5% per month in year four and 6% per month in year 5."
Activity: 212
Merit: 22
Amazix
Sad to see this coin was deadborn.
When the team cannot get the email to work, on any survey, the presale was delayed because of minor issues, there is no evidence of any working code, wallet ect...I do wonder? As I said previously, nou may well not live up to white paper ambitions.

You are a dev. Shouldn't you be more informed in nou? Isnt your reputation somewhat at stake?
I agree, some things have not been as smoothly as they could, but they continue to address these problems and try to fix them. The intention to continually grow and learn from mistakes is there. Will they live up to the white paper's ambitions? Only time will tell, for now.

Also, I am a developer, but not for NeuCoin. I only recently became a moderator Tongue I just want to hear all perspectives and concerns surrounding the project.

A currency is not a company.

Can you help me understand why this is a good thing when they are the ones who cloned a fairly launched open source coin from developers who were putting years of time and effort to create the product and services surrounding the coin?

I'm confused about this one too, don't most startups operate this way, where the founders and investors get  better shares than the public?

A currency is not a company.

Can you help me understand why this is a such a bad thing when they are the ones who are putting the time and effort to create the product and services surrounding the coin?

Can you help me understand why this is a good thing when they are the ones who cloned a fairly launched open source coin from developers who were putting years of time and effort to create the product and services surrounding the coin?
Jump to: