Author

Topic: [ANN] NeuCoin - Easy to use, free to try, focused on micropayments - Official - page 125. (Read 196191 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001
Hey everyone, I haven't posted in BitcoinTalk forum yet, but I feel like I need to bring up some of my concerns which I don't think have been addressed yet. Why do we care so much that Dan had a past in advertising and had a program that put "spyware" in people's computers? I read everything about him and what you call "shady" but I honestly don't understand what the big problem is. We are living in the world of facebook and google and social media, that are constantly tracking what we do, what we say, what we post, etc at all times right? Why is it any surprise that this was happening in the past and that someone made money on it? Every single business wants data on its users, and will pay good money for it.  Every website has an analytics code that tracks what you are viewing, and has targeting codes that will retarget ads based on what site you were in. You don't need to download anything anymore to be "watched"... online/offline you will be watched anyways. So can we all just move on to the next topic, because your points about Dan creating software to spy on you, and he will do it for NeuCoin blah bah isn't really scaring anyone. People are sharing their private lives on social media on their own free will. They know what happened with the NSA and they accept it. If that makes you angry, that's a bigger issue than NeuCoin and Dan.  Make a campaign to end all spying on media. Have people sign petitions that they don't want to be tracked etc. But please, stop this BS with trying to say NeuCoin is some awful terrible thing because one of it's founders had spyware in one of his programs. Seriously WHO CARES???  ::end rant::

NOW, can we all just focus on how we have a coin that has the potential to actually have mainstream adoption? Personally for me, I am excited for the applications it can be used for gaming and content!

M3ndi3, I kind of agree the Direct Revenue thing has been done, so long as people know, Its their decision. It was only "done" by/because of us "trolls" though TBF

So what else is wrong?  A lot. Too much to explain here, but I'll try to give you a taster.
I have just been posting about "unimportant" TX fees. If the information posted by dartious (about TX fees on nou forum) is correct, then it has taken about 6 weeks to get that answer. So basic, almost trivial, takes 6 weeks.

The white paper was eye catching at first, hence my interest, but is very thin under scrutiny.
Yes, if blind faith in the team not ripping you off, because "they are rich so dont need your money" is all you need to jump in on this, ok.
Nothing of relevance has happened since the white paper, IMO.

There is much "marketing speak" such as how much CASH has been invested in nou through angel investors ect. It portrays that $2.25m CASH has been invested, when it seems to me it is only $1.25m plus $1m "work done", which is repaid to the "team" in nou at launch. (200m nou) So not invested at all. (the other $1.25 is only on trust, as I said, "funny handshakes")
Also there seems no mention on nou forum that the founders stay on for three years, at 100m nou per yr as advisers, although honestly, there are almost no "serious" questions, or answers on nou forum are there?

Some members here tried, respectfully it seems to me, to discuss nou in depth, but were more or less dismissed as trolls.

Transparency is more "marketing speak". I have "studied" nou for a few months now, and still know nothing because in truth, nor do the "team".
IF they do know any details they aint telling us. Any questions on nou forum are either met with silence, misinformation, ramblings or such.
The team often respond with "I get back to you" or "heads up"-nothing ever comes of it.

NomadBR and gurkin were banned because they had a little moan at Dan "Dank" Kaufman, his only posting, but were among the most intelligent   
users on nou forum IMO. NomadBR even said he bought nou. What sort of totalitarian ship does Dank run?

Kim seems genuine to me. nou team fucked up her survey reward because they cant get the email responder to work properly. pathetic. (dont tell me it wasn't their fault it never is) Another pissed off customer.

I wont go on.

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
NOW, can we all just focus on how we have a coin that has the potential to actually have mainstream adoption?

Sure!

Rule No. 1: Fair launch! No premine. No presale. If presale absolutely necessary: Same prices for everyone. No better rates for founders and founders' friends...

I'm confused about this one too, don't most startups operate this way, where the founders and investors get  better shares than the public? Can you help me understand why this is a such a bad thing when they are the ones who are putting the time and effort to create the product and services surrounding the coin?
Activity: 812
Merit: 1001
when are they releasing the coin to investors?

As soon as they can cobble something together
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
NOW, can we all just focus on how we have a coin that has the potential to actually have mainstream adoption?

Sure!

Rule No. 1: Fair launch! No premine. No presale. If presale absolutely necessary: Same prices for everyone. No better rates for founders and founders' friends...
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Not a Doctor
when are they releasing the coin to investors?
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

3. The kind of people who are behind NeuCoin are industry professionals who know how to get things viral.

Perhaps.  But unless its going to go so viral like the world has never seen before,
I personally see little value in another altcoin with no innovations to speak of.
Activity: 463
I obviously know that it's nothing personal m3ndi3, but i said what i felt i had to say anyway.

Good luck everyone... see you all on the flipside.

hey m3ndi3... i respect your opinions and points of view and i concur with some of them (we did "work" together for a little while, so to speak), i'm just expressing what i feel. You know which project did i "ditch", and i did it for the exact same reasons that i'm afraid of this one: absolute lack of transparency.

You may be wondering...  there are plenty of coins out there, why is Didi now bashing NeuCoin with so many scamcoins to hunt for, moreover now that he's leaving crypto?

Because this is the very same concept (social and such...) that bought me into crypto, but done wrong (imo). I think that you know what i'm talking about. I'm pretty much done though, so don't worry about that and i'm sorry for this discussion that turned out bad.

About the last line... it's your attitude towards life in general that makes me feel bad. Well, would make me feel bad if this is a flop, as my guts are telling me. I think we've talked about this before.

Sorry if I made it sound like I was talking to you personally, I wasn't, I was talking to the general mood of the current posts. I appreciate everyone's concerns, but I just feel like the target audience of NeuCoin uses social media, and really doesn't care if they are being "spied" on. It just seems like a waste of breathe to really argue with that side of things when it will fall on deaf ears.

The

1. When Google and Facebook track you, you agree on some level because you are choosing to use their services.  What Dan did (I assume),
is help put spyware on people's computers that they never agreed to. 

2. So the NSA is spying, so that makes ok?

3. Yes I agree people should get a second chance, but it just gives us the kind of
idea who the people are behind Neucoin.

4. I think it's scammy anyway, regardless of whose behind it based on
false hyped up claims as I've gone over in previous posts, plus the fact the was a huge presale. 

1. Yes that was not right, but you can't do that nowadays and you need to get the permission of people to track you, so that thing won't happen again. (like people even read the terms of conditions when they sign up though -_-)
2. No it's not ok, but people are accepting it and it doesn't deter them from using something their friends are using.
3. The kind of people who are behind NeuCoin are industry professionals who know how to get things viral.
4. Yes presale is associated with scams, but we really don't know until the coin is launched.
The point is: He has different value propositions.

If only it were that simple... nice username btw.

I'll keep checking on this hilariously sad history from time to time i guess.

where dev? Shocked

CEO, not dev.

http://forum.neucoin.org/users/kaufman/activity

Hey everyone, I haven't posted in BitcoinTalk forum yet, but I feel like I need to bring up some of my concerns which I don't think have been addressed yet. Why do we care so much that Dan had a past in advertising and had a program that put "spyware" in people's computers? I read everything about him and what you call "shady" but I honestly don't understand what the big problem is. We are living in the world of facebook and google and social media, that are constantly tracking what we do, what we say, what we post, etc at all times right? Why is it any surprise that this was happening in the past and that someone made money on it? Every single business wants data on its users, and will pay good money for it.  Every website has an analytics code that tracks what you are viewing, and has targeting codes that will retarget ads based on what site you were in. You don't need to download anything anymore to be "watched"... online/offline you will be watched anyways. So can we all just move on to the next topic, because your points about Dan creating software to spy on you, and he will do it for NeuCoin blah bah isn't really scaring anyone. People are sharing their private lives on social media on their own free will. They know what happened with the NSA and they accept it. If that makes you angry, that's a bigger issue than NeuCoin and Dan.  Make a campaign to end all spying on media. Have people sign petitions that they don't want to be tracked etc. But please, stop this BS with trying to say NeuCoin is some awful terrible thing because one of it's founders had spyware in one of his programs. Seriously WHO CARES???  ::end rant::

NOW, can we all just focus on how we have a coin that has the potential to actually have mainstream adoption? Personally for me, I am excited for the applications it can be used for gaming and content!

hey m3ndi3... i respect your opinions and points of view and i concur with some of them (we did "work" together for a little while, so to speak), i'm just expressing what i feel. You know which project did i "ditch", and i did it for the exact same reasons that i'm afraid of this one: absolute lack of transparency.

You may be wondering...  there are plenty of coins out there, why is Didi now bashing NeuCoin with so many scamcoins to hunt for, moreover now that he's leaving crypto?

Because this is the very same concept (social and such...) that bought me into crypto, but done wrong (imo). I think that you know what i'm talking about. I'm pretty much done though, so don't worry about that and i'm sorry for this discussion that turned out bad.

About the last line... it's your attitude towards life in general that makes me feel bad. Well, would make me feel bad if this is a flop, as my guts are telling me. I think we've talked about this before.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

1. When Google and Facebook track you, you agree on some level because you are choosing to use their services.  What Dan did (I assume),
is help put spyware on people's computers that they never agreed to. 

2. So the NSA is spying, so that makes ok?

3. Yes I agree people should get a second chance, but it just gives us the kind of
idea who the people are behind Neucoin.

4. I think it's scammy anyway, regardless of whose behind it based on
false hyped up claims as I've gone over in previous posts, plus the fact the was a huge presale. 

Activity: 381
JaguarCrypto
The point is: He has different value propositions.
@DidiMidi: darteous lives in China. He doesn't care much about centralization, censorship, suppression...

Really? Well, i will certainly not judge him for being chinese (pretty cool chinese dissidents out there...), but i find it... odd, somehow. He's got a pretty good english too, better than mine (spaniard here).

EDIT: You said he lived in china, not that he was chinese. My mistake, if so.
It's a digital currency, The poorest nations don't even have much electricity. So they can't be a part of the market plan anytime soon. As with almost all new products the rich get them first and then as they become more affordable and successful branching out becomes possible. The way the world is setup there will always be poor. And with your demeanor I thought you'd enjoy reading that a project like the Venus Project exists. Take a look at the website, maybe it will raise your spirit just a little. https://www.thevenusproject.com/en/
As long as money rules the world there will always be poor. I understand this but for one I know crypto is a step better than fiat and two unless the world comes together and renounces money it does no good to renounce it by oneself.

I'll have to agree with you that your target is the first world because that's obviously how you have set up your business, but i have the need to remind you have to be really, really poor in order not to have a smartphone (random google article using a quick search for "poor smartphone owners", i had never read that one before: http://techcrunch.com/2012/06/09/feature-phones-are-not-the-future/) and basic internet access in the "second world" (Argentina and BTC FTW!!), and as far as digital tender is concerned the "third world" beat us all (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-Pesa). I know that it's not the same than crypto, but your "no electricity you screwed" argument is BS and i gave you a pretty solid example imo.

But you know what... i'm tired. Reply if you want with an irrefutable argument/fact, but there's only so much empty talk my brain can tolerate.
@DidiMidi: darteous lives in China. He doesn't care much about centralization, censorship, suppression...
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
It's a digital currency, The poorest nations don't even have much electricity. So they can't be a part of the market plan anytime soon. As with almost all new products the rich get them first and then as they become more affordable and successful branching out becomes possible. The way the world is setup there will always be poor. And with your demeanor I thought you'd enjoy reading that a project like the Venus Project exists. Take a look at the website, maybe it will raise your spirit just a little. https://www.thevenusproject.com/en/
As long as money rules the world there will always be poor. I understand this but for one I know crypto is a step better than fiat and two unless the world comes together and renounces money it does no good to renounce it by oneself.
Kenya and Ghana are not the target markets, and I don't think they will be anytime soon. I'll ask about the rest.

You said it!! Fuck the poor!!!! Grin

Gosh.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Kenya and Ghana are not the target markets, and I don't think they will be anytime soon. I'll ask about the rest.
The posts were deleted. Thought so
 The current plan is for the tx fee coins to be destroyed. Though I'm not sure that is concrete. Then why increase them, AT ALL?? And don't tell me that it's to prevent TX spamming.
And You think a hundredth of a cent is to high? 100 tx will cost 1 cent. Again, why did you sell something that isn't supposed to increase in price (value should come first tho) to "investors"? Ah, angels got bargain price. And you know, 1 cent is not exactly peanuts in, say Kenya or Ghana, and a hundred 1 cent transfers would still get a 1% fee. You may think that this example is going over the top, but you get the drift.

I did not insult anyone I'm simply naturally blunt and at times people find that insulting. I'm cool with that.

A month or so ago I asked a facebook page that was based around some old guys theorys how much longer he's expecting to live.
Which on that note, if you're looking for something that's very logical may I suggest reading into the Venus Project.

...wat?
Jump to: