Author

Topic: [ANN] NeuCoin - Easy to use, free to try, focused on micropayments - Official - page 127. (Read 196191 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001
When blockchain.info comes back online I shall continue my search through Sandrines btc wallet.
So far, if I understand, I have established-

Sandrines "wrong address wallet" starts with 1000btc less than 24h before presale.

The 1000btc are "spent" over the next few days of the presale. (Im actually not quite to the end yet) Im guessing about 1000 small transactions.

I have identified 29 separate purchases from this wallet, spread over the 3 days of presale. (just the easy to find ones)

The address posted on neu forum by Sandrine is the only purchase (of the 29 found) that did not get moved to mrNuks that night as scheduled. (moved 2 days later to MrNuks)

Mostly small purchases of varying amounts. some whole coin purchases, some fractional. (for example, 4btc or 1.21460895btc)

2 purchases 20-30 min before presale was live

2 payments to Bitcointalk Forums

Activity: 545
Merit: 500
For your further amusement, check out the level of delusion and naïveté here:

http://forum.neucoin.org/t/neucoin-speculation/1209

Oh God how I wish there was a way to short this!
Activity: 882
Merit: 102
PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds
This shitcoin is going to dump on everyones' asses very hard. I hope there will be shorting on margin available before it dies so i can make some money on that later...
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
 Things started to turn ugly when "marketing expert" Mark took over control and started acting like the next Kim Jong Un. Stating that "harshing on my buzz, dude" as part of the official reason for banning someone just gives an idea of the level of professionalism and maturity we can expect from him.  

Cheesy

True.  However, from his languaging, you can tell he's really "hip" and therefore obviously trustworthy.  Roll Eyes

Things are guaranteed to turn ugly for this coin, this was guaranteed from the moment Daniel Kaufman had anything to do with the project, implicated in the direct revenue scams in the mid-2000s and runs a slumlord empire and other dishonorable businesses.

The coin itself is a fork of Peercoin, comes with massive inflation (which is a guaranteed coin killer in the crypto world) and their adoption plan consists of spamming freemium websites with less than 10 million users (sounds great in theory but less than 0.05% even purchases or buys stuff on freemium websites - so you can't 100,000+ paying users among 10 million deadbeats who won't even pay for content they like, never mind paying money for magical internet beans).

What really put me off was all the NeuCoin banner ads someone was paying websites to show. They reminded me of the same banner ads MarineCoin used, and they were displayed on the same websites. If this turns into another MarineCoin then I'm glad I'm out of it.

Hold the popcorn, we got 4 months till launch, there still work to do, IF your so enclined!

I have a (new) conundrum.
Can you (or anyone) read the blockchain, have you got a few hours you could spare? I would very much appreciate some help here, Im stuck!

When the presale was live Sandrine posted a "wrong btc address" on this thread. http://forum.neucoin.org/t/presale-timeline/152/329
She meant to post https://blockchain.info/address/3MrNuksZ1VePU3dGiSQFiouWerJUJgDkfH (the address holding neucoin presale btc)
But accidentally posted https://blockchain.info/address/3AVupf8G33XnXTrE3AFSSDyqs9vbzWFEVJ
A conversation ensues between Sandrine and user Cellophanebirdcalls, who noticed the mistake.

Read posts 320 to 332 for the story. It took me a few reads to get the feel of it.
Briefly, Cellophnebirdcalls see's 666btc and panics. Sandrine "cant understand" how 666btc was seen by him, even posting a screenshot to show 0.0144btc in this wallet. No mention why she may have posted this address. the 0.0144 ends up in 3mrNuks address. Unfortunately Cellophanebirdcalls cannot screenshot but does describe some of what he see's.

Why wouldn't Sandrine just say oops thats one of our customers address?
Why does 0.0144 (out of 666 btc wallet?) go to neucoin. Min purchase was 0.1 btc?
Why Sandrine post screenshot of 0.0144, then say "the number in itself is interesting" (666 btc) as a reason for her actions?

just does not seem right. would just like to know. Any thoughts? thanks

edit. think I have found multiple purchases from (connected to) 3AVupf8G33XnXTrE3AFSSDyqs9vbzWFEVJ
for example
37jPv7GWHgLE8Xc7NrXar32FtTrWu86pSZ
3QRv8tjXBNMXZQyn3mm7AzJxc1X1fqYiXH

Activity: 756
Merit: 506
 Things started to turn ugly when "marketing expert" Mark took over control and started acting like the next Kim Jong Un. Stating that "harshing on my buzz, dude" as part of the official reason for banning someone just gives an idea of the level of professionalism and maturity we can expect from him.  

Cheesy

True.  However, from his languaging, you can tell he's really "hip" and therefore obviously trustworthy.  Roll Eyes

Things are guaranteed to turn ugly for this coin, this was guaranteed from the moment Daniel Kaufman had anything to do with the project, implicated in the direct revenue scams in the mid-2000s and runs a slumlord empire and other dishonorable businesses.

The coin itself is a fork of Peercoin, comes with massive inflation (which is a guaranteed coin killer in the crypto world) and their adoption plan consists of spamming freemium websites with less than 10 million users (sounds great in theory but less than 0.05% even purchases or buys stuff on freemium websites - so you can't 100,000+ paying users among 10 million deadbeats who won't even pay for content they like, never mind paying money for magical internet beans).

Activity: 630
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

Cheesy

What was this coin supposed to do? Can anyone say in 1 sentence?

turn unimportant FUD into facts
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
What a winner this coin made me. Great tech, and great value results. Any plans to intergrade this into Facebook anytime soon?

There are currently no plans for facebook integration, though down the line who knows what could happen. Right now the target is music/video tipping platforms and ad removal. There is quite likely to be free coin giveaways on twitter and facebook to viral-ize the coin a bit. Facebook integration is something I wouldn't count on but it is possible. Definitely would be at least a year before something like that could happen.
Activity: 12
Hey, this is Kim - interesting to see that rizzlarolla and others have been following what has happened to me at the neucoin forum.
As some background info: our company [a well known financial institution] has been looking into cryptocurrency and an altcoin discussion group was recently created, from where I learned about neucoin. My coworker and I decided to fill out the survey, which we put a reasonable amount of thought and time into. Well, what happened next everybody can read by themselves...

After discussing what happened with our altcoin group, I found out 4 others had also filled out the survey yet only one got an email confirming coins would be awarded [he had to ask for it too, the others just didn't bother]. This person happens to be an old time neucoin forum member and bought during presale - maybe that made them more inclined to award him the promised coins. So to answer peter378: don't bother, your time is worth more than this nonsense. Even the old timer confessed he's dismayed over the recent crackdown and lack of real developments since presale. Neucoin has been taken off our list and has become the inside joke.

From what I've been told, seems that Sandrine actually kept the neucoin forum friendly and open before. Things started to turn ugly when "marketing expert" Mark took over control and started acting like the next Kim Jong Un. Stating that "harshing on my buzz, dude" as part of the official reason for banning someone just gives an idea of the level of professionalism and maturity we can expect from him. 

Whistle-blowers are being silenced from the neucoin forum and several of their posts deleted. Don't bother to join unless you are ready to shout "Heil Kaufman". Some of the unforgivable offenses were:
- exposing the anonymous Seychelles company and blue sky laws [Gekko4631]
- exposing neucoin placing advertisements with known scammer Josh Garza [Jeff23]
- exposing Kaufman's previous company's lawsuits related to unlawful spyware practices. [NomadBR]
- advocating for freedom of speech? ouch! [gurkin]
There are others in the banned list for murky reasons and I couldn't care less if I'm next.

For those of you who know what you are doing, we think there might be an interesting opportunity for a quick buck here if you jump in at the start, just don't get in for the long run as there won't be one. With a spyware crook founder and a despotic Pyongyang-trained marketing "dude" commanding a few fanboys who want to "decapitate" those who complain, this sounds more like a cryptoparody along the lines of "The Interview". The fellas at our marketing department liked LiQio's idea of renaming the coin to Totcoin, but thought that NoKoin would be more appropriate for the North Korean-esque totalitarian antics. Supreme leader approved!!!

https://infotomb.com/frx9a.png
Activity: 481
Woking as a binman sucks.
What a winner this coin made me. Great tech, and great value results. Any plans to intergrade this into Facebook anytime soon?
Activity: 58
This coins primary focus at first will be on mass adoption via social media tools, tipping platforms, and ad removal.They have made alterations to PoS to make it better, I've heard that peercoin is working on adding the same adjustment.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

Their claims included:  1) obtain greater adoption than Bitcoin has now now within 12 months and 2) solve all the Proof-of-stake issues than none of the other coins
including Peercoin and NXT have been able to do.
Activity: 756
Merit: 506

Take your money?  What else did you expect a hastily made fork of Peercoin to accomplish? 

Founder of this project is a slumlord in the United States and was implicated in the direct revenue scam in the mid-2000s, so consider any 'investments' as good as gone.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

Jump to: