Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] NeuCoin - Easy to use, free to try, focused on micropayments - Official - page 14. (Read 196191 times)

Activity: 545
Merit: 500
Squirrels that's where everything is going. Neucoins purpose is for squirrels to never go hungry so we buy up every acorn and give them to squirrels.... (For anyone new here, I'm just trolling our trolls. They keep coming around here, need to feed them something, otherwise they wouldn't know what to do with their time. Plus Rizz seems to have a thing for me, sorry Rizz the feelings not quite mutual, but best of luck finding the perfect trollee to make you happy.)

I posted here a week or two ago. Does it really matter to know who you're arguing with? What so you can see in the forum that he/she may have a few coins and thereby give you another bs point to make an attempt to discredit him? When the FUDing gets to the level it's at here you can't expect the coin devs to stick around. They were bringing up every piece of dirt they could find on peoples pasts that have nothing to do with neucoin. and being as these trolls add nothing to neucoin why would they waste their time here?

I don't remember the exact numbers but a week or two after solitaire and jango came out with neu they mention having 20-30k new neucoin wallet users. Now they may not use them much. But that is healthy progress, much better than pretty much every other alt. Not sure how it stands up to Eth and factom. You guys don't seem to understand that there are many ways for success to happen. There's more than a few ways to do things. Just because you weren't taught about them and don't understand them, doesn't mean they're a scam. Is it possible skepticism from people being to closed minded keeps this coin from becoming noteworthy, yes. It wouldn't be the first time. But this coin has a lot potential. Yes, the marketing speak was a bit over the top. That's how people who sell things do their job. But that doesn't make this coin a scam. They did not outright lie, they exaggerated a bit. I could understand FUDing over it for a week or two, but having a hard-on for neu for over a year is unhealthy guys, you should go and see a doctor. I'm getting a bit concerned that you guys might be zoophiliacs. Which I guess if that's what your into it's okay-ish, but I am vegan, so make sure they're into it first.

Dart, can we at least get you to go publicly ask where all the bitcoins from the MrNukes wallet went?  There are less than 70 BTC left out of 4000.  In 4 months.  Go ask that in the Forum and see what the squirrel says.

legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1014
i give up long time ago with this coin! Marketing is a disaster... Neucoin forum before you post something have to be moderated
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128
(...)

I posted here a week or two ago. Does it really matter to know who you're arguing with? What so you can see in the forum that he/she may have a few coins and thereby give you another bs point to make an attempt to discredit him? When the FUDing gets to the level it's at here you can't expect the coin devs to stick around. They were bringing up every piece of dirt they could find on peoples pasts that have nothing to do with neucoin. and being as these trolls add nothing to neucoin why would they waste their time here?    

I don't care with whom I discuss but if I would be a Neu-Investor I would ask myself why the hell somebody of the team believes that it's needed to hide his identity and use a sockpuppet-account. I also don't agree with your argumentation. In this thread are a lot of fundamental infos about Neucoin - about the tech and it's economy and you can bet everything you have that a lot of those concerns are also in the minds of Neu-Investors and supporters. They don't talk about it because they don't want to be branded as "Fudder" and they don't want to be banned from the official Forum and some maybe don't understand the problems, but your problem is: Those concerns have a base, they are justified and it's visible on the chart. The chart isn't a result of FUD. If that would be the case it also would show nothing but weakness. But the price is a result of fundamental flaws. And that's also the reason why it's not easy or even impossible to address them. With other words: Your claim that there is so much FUD in this Thread and that's the reason why nobody of the team shows up is pretext.

I don't remember the exact numbers but a week or two after solitaire and jango came out with neu they mention having 20-30k new neucoin wallet users. Now they may not use them much. But that is healthy progress, much better than pretty much every other alt.

Use it for what? I mean, that's the big question, right? What does Neucoin offer? And what justifies the high price? What justified the even much higher ICO-price? The three foundations sitting on billions of Neucoin, which would be > 13 Mio Dollar. At the same time your Investors lost their money, the daily volume is about 1 BTC and on the buyside are 8.334 BTC.

And why? Because everybody who maybe would buy must fear that the team would sell. There is no natural way up because your team needs to distribute. With other words: Even if Neucoin would be a good project regarding the tech (and in my opinion it's not) and even if Neucoin would have something innovative (and in my opinion there is zero innovation) just the monster-inflation and the total lack of distribution avoids all buy-support. And that... will never change. It's a simple conclusion.

And you say that's better than every other alt? All the projects that are working on real innovation and with a healthy distribution and with communities that are not that damn unexperienced like those who write in the Neu-Forum? I don't mean that disrespectful regarding your community but it's what I see if I read there. I see naivety because of a lack of experience and knowledge. And just by the way: How many are there? You say there would be 20-30k new users but there are not more than maybe 10 who are active in the forum... Kind of hard to believe.  

Not sure how it stands up to Eth and factom.

I don't know enough about Ethereum. But what I know is that they are hardworking and even if I'm not so sure that the project will be a success they are delivering and nobody can deny that Ethereum brought already a lot of innovation into Crypto.

I know a lot about Factom. And what I can tell you is this, just the latest news:

iSoftstone - about smart cities: http://www.factom.com/isoftstone-and-factom-announce-a-partnership-to-integrate-blockchain-technology-and-smart-city-solutions/

Ancun, chinese notarization-services: http://www.factom.com/ancun-and-factom-inc-announce-a-mou-for-the-integration-of-blockchain-technology-and-traditional-notarization-services-in-china/

And if you want to see how Paul Snow, the lead-Dev of Factom, communicates and defends Factom against FUD, you can take a look here:

https://letstalkbitcoin.com/forum/post/lets-talk-about-factoms-repeated-lies-and-mistakes-per-cryptonaughts-request?page=2

As you can see he rebuts every single point of somebody I call a Factom-Troll. He and others of his team do the same on reddit. He answers questions everywhere, just one example: Somebody has a question about Factom and a competitor anywhere in the internet and he shows up there and answers the question: http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/42900/what-are-the-key-differences-between-factom-and-tieron

Or Interviews... from yesterday: http://www.chrisdunn.com/how-factom-is-bringing-digital-currencies-to-business-governments-with-paul-snow/

Some days before he was at the Satoshi-Roundtable... Or take a look at their github: https://github.com/FactomProject/

Constantly working - obviously.

And if you take a look at the exchanges: Constantly > 200 BTC volume (just on Polo, often even more on the chinese exchange and it's on bittrex). My own profit is about x 6 and could be even higher by percentage if I would not constantly buy, also at the current price because I see a lot more potential.

With other words: If you really believe Neucoin has something useful to offer to the community, brings something into crypto that could be called innovative, it should be possible to handle FUD, right?

But it's obviously not. All what the team does is to switch to full PoS. With other words: It's all about hype and price-manipulation and we both know that the real price would be much lower without the buywalls of the team since the beginning. And that was not because of altruism it was to hide the fact that the ICO was totally overvalued. The current price is still totally overvalued. I mean, if we take the real total supply Neucoins marketcap would be at 17 Mio Dollar - after the price has fallen.

So, what does it show? Just greed. Whoever is responsible for Neucoins economically design was blinded by greed, totally naive.

You guys don't seem to understand that there are many ways for success to happen. There's more than a few ways to do things. Just because you weren't taught about them and don't understand them, doesn't mean they're a scam. Is it possible skepticism from people being to closed minded keeps this coin from becoming noteworthy, yes. It wouldn't be the first time. But this coin has a lot potential. Yes, the marketing speak was a bit over the top. That's how people who sell things do their job. But that doesn't make this coin a scam. They did not outright lie, they exaggerated a bit. I could understand FUDing over it for a week or two, but having a hard-on for neu for over a year is unhealthy guys, you should go and see a doctor. I'm getting a bit concerned that you guys might be zoophiliacs. Which I guess if that's what your into it's okay-ish, but I am vegan, so make sure they're into it first.

You can talk and talk but if you don't talk about the crucial points, like how to handle the massive inflation and the totally lack of distribution, or just the question what Neucoin has to offer and why people should give money for it, your talking is pretty worthless. And it won't help to recommend a doctor or to give a diagnosis like zoophilia. It's meaningless. You have no arguments. And I can just speak for myself, but what I've said since my first post here became true. It was predictable because of the greed-design. And there is absolutely no way to solve the problem. You guys can manipulate the price a bit or even a bit more, but it won't help. And at (nearly) the same time I bought into Factom, just for example, and at a time when the price was at 0.0004 and because it was under the radar the price even went down to 0.0002 but I still bought. Why? Because there is real potential, real innovation, a serious and professional team and: no hype. Now the price is at 0.0023. I just say that because I can prove that I try my best to come to correct conclusions and it's no rocket science. I avoid projects like Neu and I buy innovation if I see a professional team behind it.

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
I disagree with the decision that punishing as a means to an end is the right way to do do it. Instead, it should be incentivized.

yes, I can get on board with that thinking.

I’m ready to declare it the next big thing but I am also unable to declare it dead.

Wow, breaking news, newbie thinks neucoin might not be dead

(i'm presuming quote should read "I'm not ready to...? typo?)

That's right... typo.

Your mom doesn't think neucoin is dead.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

I’m ready to declare it the next big thing but I am also unable to declare it dead.

Wow, breaking news, newbie thinks neucoin might not be dead

(i'm presuming quote should read "I'm not ready to...? typo?)
Yawn. That grotesque rudeness is not suited to you. Nor me.
When did this start?

neucoin figures still don't add up.

coinmarketcap. neucoin supply, 199,000,000.

So, 100,000,000 presale,
~24,000,000 should have been released to "team".
~37,000,000 should have been released to founders and angels, if I remember.
(another 10,000,000 - 40,000,000 should have been released to founders for work after launch)
~6,000,000 should have been staked by presalers, (at ~ 50% of possible)
~25,000,000 PoW

Total = over 200,000,000 (even without the work after launch,  is ~ sum of "total coin supply")
All owned by presalers and team.

Where is the distribution to the masses?
Where is the distribution to the anyone?
(even Richie on bittrex said he'd distribute his neucoin, but nothing so far)

well over 1 billion due to be distributed this year?

Activity: 58
Squirrels that's where everything is going. Neucoins purpose is for squirrels to never go hungry so we buy up every acorn and give them to squirrels.... (For anyone new here, I'm just trolling our trolls. They keep coming around here, need to feed them something, otherwise they wouldn't know what to do with their time. Plus Rizz seems to have a thing for me, sorry Rizz the feelings not quite mutual, but best of luck finding the perfect trollee to make you happy.)

I don't remember the exact numbers but a week or two after solitaire and jango came out with neu they mention having 20-30k new neucoin wallet users. Now they may not use them much. But that is healthy progress, much better than pretty much every other alt. Not sure how it stands up to Eth and factom. You guys don't seem to understand that there are many ways for success to happen. There's more than a few ways to do things. Just because you weren't taught about them and don't understand them, doesn't mean they're a scam. Is it possible skepticism from people being to closed minded keeps this coin from becoming noteworthy, yes. It wouldn't be the first time. But this coin has a lot potential. Yes, the marketing speak was a bit over the top. That's how people who sell things do their job. But that doesn't make this coin a scam. They did not outright lie, they exaggerated a bit. I could understand FUDing over it for a week or two, but having a hard-on for neu for over a year is unhealthy guys, you should go and see a doctor. I'm getting a bit concerned that you guys might be zoophiliacs. Which I guess if that's what your into it's okay-ish, but I am vegan, so make sure they're into it first.
Activity: 630

http://forum.neucoin.org/t/growth-account-growth-rate/1436/40

http://forum.neucoin.org/t/new-growth-account-reward-rates/2503

Additionally the regime gets all the rewards in case someone cancels the growth account before the end of the time period.
It's not pro rata temporis as you would expect from every honest mining undertaking - it's Neucon, where the team earns and all others pay.

Its only for new growth accounts going forward.  Since the network shrunk with the PoW miners going away, they need more nodes to keep security up.  Do you disagree?

I disagree with the decision that punishing as a means to an end is the right way to do do it. Instead, it should be incentivized.

I agree with the fact that the network needs more nodes. But, even more importantly, it needs a better distribution of wealth between nodes. (PoS) minting nodes however don't contribute to security such as (PoW) mining nodes do. Mining requires to run a "full node" while minting doesn't, and there's no incentive to do it. Users/holders/minters mostly run "leech nodes" which is shit for decentralization, especially if the currency is not mineable.
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002
This one is dying on Bittrex..  when will we see Neu on Poloniex ?

Have you at least tried this - https://poloniex.com/coinRequest ?

Most likely never (and that is good).

But it's a perfect fit for cryptsy  Roll Eyes Cheesy
https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/NEU_BTC
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
This one is dying on Bittrex..  when will we see Neu on Poloniex ?

Have you at least tried this - https://poloniex.com/coinRequest ?
Response to: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13966447

Hey Tempus, thanks for sleuthing 

Did the purchase of neucoin tokens not occur? I don’t know what that means.  Is a token the same as a coin?

On your second point, I don’t think there has been an annual review yet, so that remains to be seen. The distribution is so tight to angel investors, it may have happened.  I can’t really answer that. If there is an issue here, it can also be attributed to being behind schedule.

Third point and beyond: That is shitty. The launch was not ideal. This is one of their biggest blunders. These are all symptoms of a rocky start. 

As far as heavy-handed moderation of their forums goes, I wasn’t around to see what was going on. I’m the type that prefers openness and little to no moderating. They lose points for that.

I have been reading the neucoin.org forums recently and they do have  unusual moderating techniques where they close or remove threads after they’ve reached a resolution. I think of forums as an archive and that process strange.

I understand that the distribution of coins is HEAVILY centralized. I also understand why that’s a problem for this community. not an insult: its obvious to a relative layperson like me that crypto people are more cynical and skeptical than average. That can be very healthy to the yin/yang of society and for keeping entities like NeuCoin honest.

The distribution of coins should be no surprise to anyone. It was set up this way from the start. If the distribution rate is lower than expected, it’s my belief that this is related to a rocky start and not from them pulling a fast one on the community.

To that point, I think the rocky start has a lot to do with them over or under estimating, not sure which, this audience and threads or feedback like what we see here.

Taking a step back from the fact that this is a crypto currency we are discussing and instead looking at it as a business model, I don’t know, I think its a little interesting.  I’m not sure it will ever have a place in this community, but horses for courses and all that.

btw… any read on the current movement of coins post PoS switch?  There has been some activity.
http://i.imgur.com/gZ6Jxtv.png

http://i.imgur.com/b1jhX4Y.png

Additionally the regime gets all the rewards in case someone cancels the growth account before the end of the time period.
It's not pro rata temporis as you would expect from every honest mining undertaking - it's Neucon, where the team earns and all others pay.

Its only for new growth accounts going forward.  Since the network shrunk with the PoW miners going away, they need more nodes to keep security up.  Do you disagree?
Activity: 630

Activity: 545
188 BTC, or less than 5% of the original 4000 some odd BTC raised in the ICO remain in the "MrNukes" wallet:

https://blockchain.info/address/3MrNuksZ1VePU3dGiSQFiouWerJUJgDkfH

Scam almost complete.  Stop looking at the NoKoins.  The BTC in the Seychelles is always where the scam was.

95% of startup capital gone in 4 months.  Quite a "burn rate".  Or just a nice windfall for the scammers who perpetrated this.
Dart, I'm glad you're ok, really.
Still not seen through neucoin yet then? ok, no problem.

Me and Torrgeek are STILL trying to get our question answered,
"How many neucoin will the founders receive, in total, over the three years after launch, for $2.25m of work"
I know, terribly slack service from neucoin project isn't it, Torrgeek being a mod now and all that, You'd think neucoin project would clear this up wouldn't you?
I've only been asking a couple of weeks, but Torrgeek asked over 4 months ago. At least you used to try to answer, now ZILCH intelligence coming from neucoin. Just shills. and team members strange beliefs.

Magicking, (he will be running 2 foundations i believe, I cant get any fact here) thinks neucoin is comparable to a Fortune 500 company, well I suppose he's half right, the pay structure certainly is, even if the market cap isn't.

Did you know the founders will get at least(?) 1.2billion neucoin for work after launch, (funny how none of the 1.2billion are shown on the pie chart, at least 300m should be as they are set aside) Then there is all the "other" rewards for jango and stuff. Then there is all the foundation teams to pay. (Magicking?) (no pay details to be found)  neucoin didn't even raise the $2.25m cash they implied they did. That turned out to be $1.25m (If you believe that even)
Quite different to what neucoin have told us.

Magicking is telling us it doesn't matter how much the founders make, or what the real figures are, we should just shut up, believe, and ride the ponzi wave. I guess that's the official line now, don't ask just believe. I'm now wondering how a company with $1m market cap can sustain such high wage packets.

Ophelie, neucoins head developer seem to only want to talk about weather Jonadl can spell correctly.

Oh some good news, Baby mod still hasn't found this thread....  Luckily Roll Eyes

Haven't seen Dart in a while, or Magic king, or founders, or opheille...  or baby mod.
(nor has anyone on neucoin forum)
acorn the squirrel has taken over.

Does anyone know if the rodent now gets the founders 1.2 billion neucoin for work after launch?
Link please.

Sandrine,

Please have your press releases CORRECTED.

As I posted recently, Coindesk has corrected, in part at least, their nokoin article.
It now states that $1m (of the $2.25m cash claim nokoin perpetuated) is "work done".
http://www.coindesk.com/uber-hotwire-2-25-million-neucoin/

TechCrunch still states that nokoin raised $2.25m in "Angel" funding. Not true.
http://techcrunch.com/2015/02/03/neucoin-is-a-new-cryptocurrency-designed-for-microtransactions/
VentureBeat still states that nokoin raised $2.25m in "Angel" funding. Not true.
http://venturebeat.com/2015/02/03/neucoin-raises-2-5m-to-be-a-headache-free-take-on-bitcoin/

nokoin "claimed" to have raised $2.25m (cash) from Angels. (or marketing speaked their deception to that effect)

The "truth" (or getting nearer the truth) is,
nokoin may have raised $1m in angel funding. (we have no evidence)
nokoin may have raised $0.25m in seed funding. (we have no evidence)
But do nokoin really have $1m in "founders unpaid work"?
It appears not.

The "founders" are PAID for this unpaid work at launch, if I read correctly.
From the "wiki" http://www.neucoin.org/en/wiki/#role-of-founders-amp-team
200 million sale-restricted coins are retained by the founders and other members of the NeuCoin Project team in exchange for contributing over $1,000,000 of unpaid work from March 2014 through the time of launch in the summer of 2015 (value of $.005 per coin).

So 200m nokoin for "contributing" $1m unpaid work. So now it's PAID?
If it is PAID, then you cannot say it is invested. It is NOT.

Also, it is PAID at HALF presale rate, $0.005, therefore the "founders" REALLY get PAID $2m. NOT UNPAID WORK AT ALL.

Coindesk, another "correction"?
How many other sites is this BS on?
The truth should be told, but that will never happen with nokoin.
One giant web of deceitful marketing speak BS

Still awaiting response from Sandrine Ayral.
Sorry, no one else to ask.

Ah..you broke my heart, troll.

I thought you were asking me coz you liked me

Do you know the answer to "How many neucoin the founders will receive over three years?"

No?

Bit much me being called a troll for asking.
You being a mod n'all

Hmm
They did in fact sell this with lies, claiming innovation when none existed.  This is all documented in this thread.

Oh yeah.  Grin

And when Dart found out that neucoin wasn't innovative,
(when I told him what he was trying to remember was innovative about neucoin)
then he didn't care for innovation any more. neucoin didn't need innovation.

neucoin had rich people. neucoin had angels.
Angels were better than naughty people on bct.
Pages:
Jump to: