Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] NeuCoin - Easy to use, free to try, focused on micropayments - Official - page 77. (Read 196191 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
The client doesn't matter.  
Consumers will never download a client. Never, ever, ever. The standard qt client is for pro miners only - and completely irrelevant for normal users.
I don't agree. Many users and especially security sensitive users and users possessing a big amount of funds favor local wallets. That's just a fact.

And it's not just an online wallet, it's an online mining app too. Look again at the "mining" interface I posted a screenshot of.

Using your own argumentation: Why would Joe Average care about mining?

Joe doesn't care about mining, but he cares about the growth of his account without doing much (few clicks and you are growing). That's one of the reason I invested in Neucoin.

It's not growth, it's mining or lose value (high inflation needs to be adjusted)

Joe doesn't care about inflation  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002
Consumers will never download a client. Never, ever, ever. The standard qt client is for pro miners only - and completely irrelevant for normal users.
I don't agree. Many users and especially security sensitive users and users possessing a big amount of funds favor local wallets. That's just a fact.

And it's not just an online wallet, it's an online mining app too. Look again at the "mining" interface I posted a screenshot of.

Joe doesn't care about mining, but he cares about the growth of his account without doing much (few clicks and you are growing). That's one of the reason I invested in Neucoin.

It's not growth, it's mining or lose value (high inflation needs to be adjusted)
OCP
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Cryptsy

BTER

BTC-e

Poloniex

Bittrex

Bleutrade

Activity: 12
which exchanges do you think would be best for neucoin?
Activity: 16

Activity: 33

Average Joe wouldn't care about mining. Just as he doesn't care about bitcoin. Or will ever download a client no matter how nicely designed.

But if he earns some free coins by playing a game, and if there's an easy, gamefied way to just click right there on his phone and those coins start to multiply so that he can play even more games, he might. That's how neocoin is trying to be different.

legendary

That's not who they are going after. Security sensitive miners are still a niche in the grand scheme of things. Neucoin is trying to do something different, to reach different people. New people. They're going after the millions of Gmail average joes who have no idea what a client even is, and should never have to know. They don't know anything about computers. Let alone client downloads and source codes. They just want to click something on their phone.

http://i.imgur.com/rCFK7pj.png

It's like sending an attachment with Gmail (but you're mining!). That easy.

But what really makes me hopeful about Neucoin is how everything seems to tie together. It seems social and viral to me. A regular user (who may only by vaguely aware thgere is something called bitcoin but not sure what it is) wins some "neucoins" by playing a facebook game on his phone. One click and he's on My Neucoin which looks like a slick bank app. One more click and his coins are "growing" (they're mining but the user doesn't even need to know). Then he can send them to another game to buy a magic, etc. Then he wins more neucoins by challenging someone to a game on twitter. That's how you convert a ton of people.

legendary

It's all about the online wallet.
- and giving consumers a nice, simple web interface to do their mining. Drop and drag, click and done.
That's certainly a must, but as I said late-comer.

Here's a screenshot of the beta growth accounts.
I think it's pretty sweet, might even say "beautiful and grandma-friendly."
As for the web wallet, I already stated it looks nice and feels easy enough, but as I also said, there are many nice looking and grandma friendly web wallets.

Some Google results in no particular order:
https://strongcoin.com/assets/marketing/screenshot-7551088e00260585c44a53959bead7f8.png
http://cryptocoin.cc/images/slinks/crypti.png
https://www.coinbase.com/assets/home/global3-0e6191b1523fb051815a1b775ba39e7f4326a570640a032727ed5f0381ad8916.png
http://blog.nem.io/content/images/2015/03/Screenshot-2015-03-20-18-44-50.png
http://images.indiegogo.com/file_attachments/327538/files/20140124103421-U1RGLLe.png?1390588461
https://www.mofowallet.com/images/sa3.png
https://www.mynxt.info/new_onlinewallet.png
https://blog.bitpay.com/content/images/2015/06/bitgo.png
etc.

PS: Reading is easier if you don't bold 50% of your text.

It's all about the online wallet.
- and giving consumers a nice, simple web interface to do their mining. Drop and drag, click and done.

Here's a screenshot of the beta growth accounts.
I think it's pretty sweet, might even say "beautiful and grandma-friendly."

http://i.imgur.com/rCFK7pj.png
legendary
Arcanin you and the rest shouldn't hide behind "the coin we're forking has this bug in the main tree since april 16, 2014"

In their defence, John Doe isn't likely to be running Ubuntu or Gentoo so doubt he'll be seeing bugs like this ;-) Not to mention they found it during Beta and seem to have fixed it in a number of hours.....

I would however agree that the transaction fees stuff needs a better explanation for the layman.

> It doesn't really matter if a bug only applies to a minority, if you plan to serve millions of normal users (and this is what they do). Even small percentages are big numbers. IMO, you need rock-solid software and I'm not sure if the testing is widespread enough.

> I don't know about the explanation, it would need to be hidden entirely IMO - John Doe wants fixed rates.

But the root of the problem is the USP which was "very easy to use coin for everyone". Currently we see a web based wallet (looks nice, but has hardly any features) and is a late-comer among dozens of established bitcoin (and other) web-wallets which look just as nice.

The local wallet is the same "complicated" (not my word) bitcoin wallet we have been using for years. I was expecting some massive evolution there (at least UI wise), since Neucon clearly states "For a regular consumer, [Bitcoin] is still hard to understand, difficult to obtain and complicated to use". Again the current state, means a late entrant position with no unique feature.

Now I would ask myself why is this coin easier to use than bitcoin/any other coin?
How could investors be satisfied after they expected some beautiful grandma-friendly wallets at launch day (after 1.5 years of development)?

(This is not to offend you Arcanin - I really appreciate you showing balls taking this seriously unlike the thread starters et al.)
Activity: 6
Arcanin you and the rest shouldn't hide behind "the coin we're forking has this bug in the main tree since april 16, 2014" or "the fees always worked the same way", after telling everyone for months that Neucon will be the easy to understand alternative for everyone. Because John Doe doesn't care about forked code or technical details of UTXOs... (*)

We agree (mostly; things like the transaction fees are part of the system design and have technical justifications). However, as a developer, I can assure you that the technical side is actually the easiest part, and that finding the right words to convey the right ideas is the hardest part. It's an ongoing work that will probably never end, and that's why we love constructed feedbacks.

(*) again would love to lighten the post with a winking emoticon

Be my guest. Just don't be snarky. Wink
Activity: 17
Arcanin you and the rest shouldn't hide behind "the coin we're forking has this bug in the main tree since april 16, 2014"

In their defence, John Doe isn't likely to be running Ubuntu or Gentoo so doubt he'll be seeing bugs like this ;-) Not to mention they found it during Beta and seem to have fixed it in a number of hours.....

I would however agree that the transaction fees stuff needs a better explanation for the layman.
Next Sandrine will "remember" Newtoallofthis is "part of the team"

I'm not by the way and I think I've been reasonably transparent on here and on Reddit. I'm just someone who invested a small amount in the presale, I've said before multiple times that it may be a success, it may all be an abject failure, it may even be a scam. I'm just perplexed by the obsessional negativity.

BTW - I love how when anyone posts anything not attacking NeuCoin half this thread be like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ9NmAjCqxY&t=0m10s
legendary
Nor do I, they keep changing.
0.001 fee kept, no 0.01 fee destroyed, no it depends how many UTXOs your spending....
Now you're just being deliberately stupid. The fees always worked the same way, even for bitcoin. We haven't changed anything on this regard. It's right, it's not something easy to explain, but that's also the goal of the beta : to see what are the things that we need to clarify.
[...]

The point rizz is trying to make is probably this:

Neucon claims "For a regular consumer, [Bitcoin] is still hard to understand, difficult to obtain and complicated to use"
[from strategic plan]

Arcanin you and the rest shouldn't hide behind "the coin we're forking has this bug in the main tree since april 16, 2014" or "the fees always worked the same way", after telling everyone for months that Neucon will be the easy to understand alternative for everyone. Because John Doe doesn't care about forked code or technical details of UTXOs... (*)

(*) again would love to lighten the post with a winking emoticon
Rizzlarolla - for someone who keeps talking about "deception" and "transparency" its weird you keep ignoring my very simple question.

Why did you set up an account back in April to specifically and exclusively rubbish every facet of Neucoin? Why do you hate it so much?

I'm sure you'll set the record straight with a wholly reasonable explanation!

Activity: 6
Nor do I, they keep changing.
0.001 fee kept, no 0.01 fee destroyed, no it depends how many UTXOs your spending....
Now you're just being deliberately stupid. The fees always worked the same way, even for bitcoin. We haven't changed anything on this regard. It's right, it's not something easy to explain, but that's also the goal of the beta : to see what are the things that we need to clarify.

Sandrine,
"mminaei, sorry this was not clear, @6120 is part of the team (I'm giving him admin rights now, completely forgot to do it before)

What?
"Forgot" he was part of the team. BS

Next Sandrine will "remember" Newtoallofthis is "part of the team"
First of all, please use the Quote button. You're the only sockpuppet unable to do this basic task, and it makes your messages quite hard to read. Since they're not that interesting, it may be one of the reasons why nobody usually cares about what you say.

Secondly, are you actually suggesting that Sandrine put a random stranger in the team ? I mean, I already knew that you were quick to put your tinfoil hat, but, really ? Don't get too low.
legendary
Dan you crack me up!  Cheesy

Dan has hidden talents, "sockpuppeting" being one of the well known and now this great comedian interlude.
Keep them coming mate  Grin

Activity: 28
I want to confess.

I created an account back in April with only one goal - to talk shit about Neucoin.

I am proud of what I do. Everyday I try to post something negative about Neucoin.

Yes, it is time consuming process, but I do my best.
I am not alone. Well actually I am,   Gekko463,  LiQio, scam confirmed and RealMalatesta and few more (jonald_fyookball is not one of me, but I wish he was (he is beautiful), shhhh…sometimes I use his profile picture on other forums, we are actually one.

Anyway, I am doing this for almost 6 months. I feel a little bit tired of posting shit everyday. You know I need to quote somebody’s previous post, then write some stupid questions, uhhhhh… Try doing this 3-4 times a day everyday…

Most often I post posts without any logic. I quote Neucoin or people who talk positive about them and then ask irrelevant questions. This really works, because nobody understands what I ask. Then I re-ask them once again. And of course nobody can answer back because they already answered it previously the best they could Smiley So I make it to look like not answered question. That is so funny. I repeat this scheme everyday.

If somebody replies with a logical answer and I have nothing to say, then I release a heavy shit spitters like LiQio, Scam or Gekko463. In times then nothing works against Neucoin I release RealMatesta Smiley This one meant for heavy insults.

Most of you might ask me, why I am doing this or what is my interest?  You know that I will not reply Smiley

I don’t care about people who invested in Neucoin and I absolutely don’t care about Neucoin.

As long as you like Neucoin in any way, my job is to shit on you and Neucoin.

This thread isn't your personal blog, mate.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
Dan you crack me up!  Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: